Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [5th Anniversary Campaign] Under the Same Sky

US Friend Code
    I assume Amakusa's is in Amakusa?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You'd have to ask Comun for the specific location, but he's somewhere in Kumamoto which is where Amakusa was born I believe.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    https://old.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...h_anniversary/

Amakusa's is in Kumamoto, which is where he was born
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah Marta and Fran are definitely the best ones this time around, MHX looks good too.

Note: He’s standing next to the Jōmon Cedar, a tree which is estimated to be between 2300 and 7200 years old. So, it might be as old as he is. Or older.
    Holy shit that's awesome. Maybe I'm just ignorant but I didn't realize there were living trees thousands of years old.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's a tree in Australia that's hypothesised to be more than 10,000 years old
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The bryn and sigurd one is hella cute.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    There's a tree in Australia that's hypothesised to be more than 10,000 years old
    I had heard about cloning trees before, and they are incredible as well, but an individual tree this old in legitimately mind-blowing.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I assume Amakusa's is in Amakusa?
    Mt. Aso is not in Amakusa City but Amakusa City is indeed in Kumamoto, and as already mentioned, his hometown. Shirou Masuda came to be known as Shirou Amakusa because he's from Amakusa.

I can't see any of the new pictures.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Shirou Masuda came to be known as Shirou Amakusa because he's from Amakusa.
    Huh. You learn something new every day!

US Friend Code
    Mt. Aso is not in Amakusa City but Amakusa City is indeed in Kumamoto, and as already mentioned, his hometown. Shirou Masuda came to be known as Shirou Amakusa because he's from Amakusa.
    Masuda? Huh. Here I thought Tokisada was his family name.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    On my way back from my exams, I got to see a man who doesn't know Fate/, confused about the giant half-naked man saying censored words to the Yakushima cedar. What an experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Masuda? Huh. Here I thought Tokisada was his family name.
    Tokisada is his posthumous name.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Finally got the time to take a good look at this batch. Most of the explanations were already covered, so that's a lot easier on me.

Fukuoka has X in the Nakasu food cart town. The food -> Arthuria connection is easy to make but why X specifically? Maybe it's because they won't repeat artists and X is the only Arthuria variant huge manage to escape Takeuchi's evil clutches? Jokes aside, the real is because X eats ramen in one of her Skill animations and that's the thing Fukuoka is famous for. (Unrelated note: if my joke about repeating artists indeed the case, it's a real shame they wasted Wada on Kingprotea when I could've had BB on Sakurajima)

Saga has Ishtar on the Kase riverside for the Saga International Balloon Fiesta. The most obvious connection is the theme of pretty things in the sky, but it could also tie in to her Summer counterpart's experience with hosting sports competitions. Yes, the Ballon Fiesta is actually a sport. The competitors all fly their balloons over the goal and drop their markers from up there, and who ever drops it closest to the center of the goal wins. (Unrelated note: I just noticed this pic proves they can repeat artists, so now I'm even saltier about not getting BB)

Nagasaki has Marie on the Huis Ten Boch, a theme park after the Netherlands. Vive la France! But the thing that's most emphasized in the picture and in her comment are Dutch tulips of Huis Ten Boch. The explanation for her connection got kinda long, so I'm spoilerboxing this one.
    Spoiler:
    When the French were facing the famine, the chemist Parmantier suggested Louis XVI should introduce potatoes to France but the farmers were against it because they though it was toxic and didn't know how to cook it well. To counter that Louis started publicly receiving potato flower bouquets and Marie started decorating her hair with potato flowers for dances. And since Marie was the one defined what fashion was back, the French elite all jumped hard on the potato bandwagon. More relevantly, the potatoes started being produced in all state-run farms with signs saying "This is a potato, a delicious and nutritious item to be consumed only royalty and nobility. Anyone who steals it will be severely punished" and intentionally shit security, causing potatoes to get stolen and appreciated all over the nation. And what inspired her plan were the stories of Carolus Clusius getting his rare Dutch tulips stolen by making "Don't steal" signs. Hence why Marie's connection to the Dutch tulips here.

Kumamoto getting Amakusa in the Aso Caldera was already explained enough, so I'll just comment that he's probably standing too close to the crater. Though, to a guy who died in a burning field, I guess that's not that big of a deal.

Ooita's Fran in the ruins of the Chinda power plant is as self-explanatory as it can get.

Miyazaki has Sigurd and Brynhildr in Cape Toi, a Pacific Ocean cape known for it's beautiful greenery, lighthouse, horses, and most relevant, it's consider Japan's most popular honeymoon location since the late 60's.

Kagoshima gets Heracles in Yakushima, next to presumably the Joumon Cedar. This was the one I was supposed to know best, but it's actually the one I'm most confused about. It's obvious they wanted a big burly man to pose after the Saigou Takamori statue, but why specifically Heracles

Lastly, Okinawa has Martha in Ishigaki. That was also hard to point the reason, but this time for excessive amount of options. The place is famous for being the birthplace of karate, one of Japan's most famous boxers, the Maruta liquor and vaguely Tarasque-looking sea turtle. My personal bet is on Gushiken since she's specifically in Ishigaki, which is his hometown.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Couldn't they still do BB? Or is this the last batch?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They can still do BB but it won't be here in Kagoshima. I was mainly wanting it because the biggest turistic attraction here is a vulcano named Sakurajima and the main local product is black pig meat. Sakura, vulcano and pig are all BB Pele flags, so she was my best guess.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They can still do BB but it won't be here in Kagoshima. I was mainly wanting it because the biggest turistic attraction here is a vulcano named Sakurajima and the main local product is black pig meat. Sakura, vulcano and pig are all BB Pele flags, so she was my best guess.
    Damn that really would've been the perfect place.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Miyazaki has Sigurd and Brynhildr in Cape Toi, a Pacific Ocean cape known for it's beautiful greenery, lighthouse, horses, and most relevant, it's consider Japan's most popular honeymoon location since the late 60's.
    It‘s an actual honeymoon location? Damn sigurd is smooth.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Thanks for all the explanations, Comun! You definitely chose your nickname poorly. :-P

Tokisada is his posthumous name.
    Oh? And what does it mean?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Roughly "time fidelity".