Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tales Of Crestoria JP and Global

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Well, after a complete shitshow in my earlier rolls that followed me into Grand Order (RIP Saber Fran dream) it seems I had some karma coming.

This puts me up to 4 SSRs, 5 if you count getting Kohaku twice, but I got all the gals I wanted and that's the important part. Not like I'm going competitive anyway.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    OOooowwaaa Velveeett
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

I'm so torn on what to roll for. I know I want to roll some more, but I was hoping for the 1million download banner. But it seems like Summer1 is first, so the 1m banner might not be until like... late August or September.

And while the Summer1 units would be super strong for the event (+70% attack if using them + their memoria), I don't really like either of them and it'd be a whore of a boar to even think of mLBing them.

If you care about meta, I think Summer Veigue is very strong because he has insane numbers of hit-count Artes.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

I'm of the opinion that hit count isn't the be-all end-all. Especially on units with god awful attack stats. Like, cool, your other units do 10% more damage... but overall you're doing 20% less because you have a useless unit.

But it depends on what his OL requirement is, I guess.

To this point, I STRONGLY disagree with those who think Vicious is not only good (I don't think he is at all), but high tier. And then there are some numb nuts who think Stahn is bottom tier. I dunno, the only "meta" in the game right now is Emil.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    How do you guys know what's coming next? This game released the same time across all platforms, didn't it?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

They tweeted out about Veigue and Kannono, and there's an in game notif. Anything else is guessing or datamines.

Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    I'm of the opinion that hit count isn't the be-all end-all. Especially on units with god awful attack stats. Like, cool, your other units do 10% more damage... but overall you're doing 20% less because you have a useless unit.

But it depends on what his OL requirement is, I guess.

To this point, I STRONGLY disagree with those who think Vicious is not only good (I don't think he is at all), but high tier. And then there are some numb nuts who think Stahn is bottom tier. I dunno, the only "meta" in the game right now is Emil.
    At 40 hit-count, it's 80%. It scales really fast the more hit-counts you have. If need be, the weaker but high hit-counts can always be used first to stack the higher damaging but lower hit-count attacks. It's why I actually appreciate Kanata a lot, especially in PvP. His AoE skill instantly gives 24 hit count which brings the current total to 20% damage boost. Add on Misella's 6-hit to hit 30 hit-count and now the other two members will do 40% extra damage.
    Last edited by manafusion; July 21st, 2020 at 02:34 AM.

Kanata's different, because he has an actual attack stat. And can basically be mLB for free, which also grants him his party-wide attack boost skill.

And I'm not saying "Use 1 hit artes, dur!" (rip Asbel). I'm saying 10 hits (which is what Vicious has that some people like to claim is so amazing) is only a few more than the likes of Ludger, who has a good attack stat AND lowers the enemy's defense. Even the 15 hit one is like... okay? Sorey has a 13 hit with better stats (about 20% more attack) AND one of the better ST MA in the game. On a lower cooldown. With one of the cheapest MA in the game.

So the concept is basically, would you halve (or worse) one of your units to get like... 2-4 more hits? I say no, that's not even close to worth it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Meh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Got the urge to roll again and ended up with Stahn so that's neat. Up to 4 SSRs now (Sorey as my starter pick, + Kanonno, Jude, and now Stahn) and still have 5k+ gems if I get the urge again.

Also seems like everyone on my friend list picked Leon as their starter as the rest of their support line up is either low-rarity, ssr but underleveled, or non-existent, but there's just a bunch of Level 50+ Leons all over the place. And really seeing how damn good he is and how I find myself picking him when the recommended element is either Earth, Fire, or Light because he doesn't really need the elemental advantage to outdo most of my roster, I get why.

Still getting those annoying frame drops in cave areas like with the Gald quest. Anyone know how to fix that? Already tried lowering graphic quality and setting framerate to Quality, but not much improvement.

Kanata's different, because he has an actual attack stat. And can basically be mLB for free, which also grants him his party-wide attack boost skill.

And I'm not saying "Use 1 hit artes, dur!" (rip Asbel). I'm saying 10 hits (which is what Vicious has that some people like to claim is so amazing) is only a few more than the likes of Ludger, who has a good attack stat AND lowers the enemy's defense. Even the 15 hit one is like... okay? Sorey has a 13 hit with better stats (about 20% more attack) AND one of the better ST MA in the game. On a lower cooldown. With one of the cheapest MA in the game.

So the concept is basically, would you halve (or worse) one of your units to get like... 2-4 more hits? I say no, that's not even close to worth it.
    I don't get how you can max awaken the SR Kanata when you only get 1x copy of the SR Memoria Stone.

And, it depends on where you use them. I feel that Summer Veigue is gonna be predominantly for farming/story/PvP more than raids due to his AoE MA. Though, even in raids, being able to have one unit do 28 hit-counts with his MA and Arte 1 is gonna be very strong. Even if you think he's not that good as an offensive unit. Closest character I know that can do that is Kohaku. And even then, she tapers off hard the moment you use both her MA and Arte 1.

We'll see, eventually. I get this feeling that hit-counts are gonna be the king of strategies later on. You probably can spare one slot for a high-damaging attack unit but no more. The rest is probably to stack the hit-count (and thus the damage multiplier) to as high as possible. The more damage they can do within the maximum set of 10 hits, the better. So, if you have a hit-count that ends at something like 65, you can probably find someone who does more damage but reduce it to something like 62 (depending on the hit count of your main damage dealer). That'll enable you to massively nuke the enemy for a ton and be more consistent on the nuke aspect than builds that orient themselves more for just base Atk% modifiers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    Got the urge to roll again and ended up with Stahn so that's neat. Up to 4 SSRs now (Sorey as my starter pick, + Kanonno, Jude, and now Stahn) and still have 5k+ gems if I get the urge again.

Also seems like everyone on my friend list picked Leon as their starter as the rest of their support line up is either low-rarity, ssr but underleveled, or non-existent, but there's just a bunch of Level 50+ Leons all over the place. And really seeing how damn good he is and how I find myself picking him when the recommended element is either Earth, Fire, or Light because he doesn't really need the elemental advantage to outdo most of my roster, I get why.

Still getting those annoying frame drops in cave areas like with the Gald quest. Anyone know how to fix that? Already tried lowering graphic quality and setting framerate to Quality, but not much improvement.
    Framerate needs to be Performance (high FPS) tbh. Quality, I think makes your game look nicer but doesn't mean it'll output as many frames as it should.

I'm just guessing here. I mean, there's the NVidia Control Panel where you can select between Performance (where the image is worse but better framerate) or Quality (better image, worse frames) anyway. So, I'm just basing off that.
    Last edited by manafusion; July 21st, 2020 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    I don't get how you can max awaken the SR Kanata when you only get 1x copy of the SR Memoria Stone.
    Sell other SRs and buy copies of it in the exchange shop, 1:1. Can do it with all the MCs that are available.

And, it depends on where you use them. I feel that Summer Veigue is gonna be predominantly for farming/story/PvP more than raids due to his AoE MA.
    I agree with the farming/story, but not PvP. I expect his OL cost to be far too high to get any value.

Though, even in raids, being able to have one unit do 28 hit-counts with his MA and Arte 1 is gonna be very strong.
    If that were the case, Yuri would be amazing with his 30 something hit MA. But it costs too much and outside of his one decent attack, he does basically nothing for 80% of the fight.

Even if you think he's not that good as an offensive unit. Closest character I know that can do that is Kohaku. And even then, she tapers off hard the moment you use both her MA and Arte 1.
    You use Kohaku for her heal + cleanse. The other aspects are a bonus.

I agree with the farming/story, but not PvP. I expect his OL cost to be far too high to get any value.

If that were the case, Yuri would be amazing with his 30 something hit MA. But it costs too much and outside of his one decent attack, he does basically nothing for 80% of the fight.

You use Kohaku for her heal + cleanse. The other aspects are a bonus.
    Never checked the OL cost, tbh. Hold on, I'll check and compare now.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah. Anything higher than 180 OL is gonna be hard to use.

EDIT: Even with 180 OL, he's probably not gonna charge fast enough unless you toss on some starting OL and/or OL-per-turn Memoria Stones.
    Last edited by manafusion; July 21st, 2020 at 07:30 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Meh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Well I went and rolled and all I got was SSR Kanata. Oh well

As expected, Veigue's OL cost is massive at 270.

The surprise, however, is Kannono's only costs 190. That's SUPER doable.

Breaking news: I hit 105 hit-count just this now. The bonus damage multiplier? +200% damage. Yes, high hit-count stacking is a thing.

My team: Misella, Kanata, Summer Veigue, Kohaku.

Spoiler:
    100+ hit-count:

For reference, 90+ hit-count:

Last edited by manafusion; July 22nd, 2020 at 11:52 AM.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Tried bluestack because it crashes like half dozen times on phone, now it communication error on bluestack. Tried on phone again after update now can't even download the game data. Any solution? Looks like the freaking app only want to be uninstalled forever now
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Heard something about One-Core being the optimal method for emulators. If nothing else, Nox I know works.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Ah I see
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Gacha Salt and 3 days of power up quest fuck ups are probably gonna make me quit.