Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discussion - Rate the Classes in the game

Discussion - Rate the Classes in the game

So yeah, I'm kinda curious as to what you guys think of each class in this game. Which are your favorite, your worst and why.

In my case, from best to worst are:

Spoiler:

1. Alter Ego: My favorite class. Best set of passives, interesting toolkits and very flexible, even if they end up doing less damage than using the proper counterclass. I have a lot of fun using them, and sometimes even fight against Knight classes with them if I can get away with it.

2. Lancer: From the 7 basic classes, my favorite. Most of the Servants in it are really good and you have a lot of options to choose here, both AoE and ST, with some hybrid damage dealers and support too. The only bad thing is that they usually only have MR, which is an okay passive but they lack something that boosts their damage unless the Servant has an additional passive

3. Ruler: Really fun class to use. Their tankiness is really appreciated and doing class neutral damage is not an issue nowadays as you can use supports to make up for it. I find the current content makes them shine even more too, specially after the release of Astraea which is a really good ST Ruler that is available at all times.

4. Archer: I do like their crit focus part, which ends up making for some really crazy damage sometimes which makes up for their lower ATK modifier (like Superhuman Orion), and there's a lot of good options for both AoE and ST in it, but I still prefer Lancers as they're a bit more flexible sometimes in what I can put with them, and the Archer star absorb can sometimes get in the way in case I need a support to crit to get more NP.

5. Avenger: A fun class, they are what IMO Berserkers should have been if they wanted to create a glass cannon class. They have the second best set of passives, specially that constant NP regen. A bit of a pity that they have crit damage but bad star absorb, it's a weakness that you have to make up for if the Avenger doesn't have a way to fix it temporally, but their high attack and offensive focus kit makes up for this a bit.

6. Rider: I use this class less and less since I find myself using Alter Egos against Casters. That said I can't deny a lot of them have great tookits and there's both good ST and AoE options. It's just a pity that they lack something that makes me really like them as much as Lancers or Archers.

7. Saber: Very average class. Most of them don't benefit from Riding so usually they only count for one passive. They also lack good AoE options, the worst of the 7 basic classes in that part. That said there are some really good Servants in it and Lanling was a very appreciated Saber to get after a long time with only damage dealers, but overall I think this class lacks something to make it as interesting as the other classes.

8. Casters: Don't get me wrong, this is the most broken class if you look at the supports. But this class seriously needs more options for damage, specially ST. Caster Shuten was a much needed Servant in this class, but we still need a bit more to cover the ST part. Also most of them are Arts focus, very few of them benefit from Buster, and none are Quick focus which really kills potential teams you would want to try with this class.

9. Berserker: I don't like this class. It may have Altjuna, Cu Alter and Heracles, but the class itself is something I don't like. They pretty much need heavy babysitting if you want them to live long due to their weakness to all classes, which encourages quick clears which is not something that most people can't do or want to do. IMO Avengers do a better job at being glass cannons, sure they do less damage and they still die faster than other classes but for CQs they're much less cumbersome to use than Berserkers. The current content has made me like the Berserker class even less, and I mainly use the three I mentioned before because they are incredibly broken in their class.

10. Assassin: The class that definitely needs some revamp. It has the least useful passive in the game since it only benefits Servants with high hit count, and high hit count usually ends up hurting their NP gain (except in few Servants) which is not good tradeoff, specially when there's many other ways to generate stars and even if you get more stars than normal when attacking you're not guaranteed to crit or have a hand that benefits from it. They also got hit with a lower ATK modifier for some unknown reason, they really should have made it 1.0 at least, the lower damage is noticeable, specially since Rider Servants tend to be tough in challenging content. Sure, there are some really good Servants in that class like Kama, but when a Servant is released in that class, I find myself having less excitement over said Servant than with other classes.

And as for the rest of the classes which I don't rate because there's not enough of them to make a good point:
    - Shielder: Give me back Normal Mashu, I want to do Mashu + Ryuutan combos again...
    - Mooncancer: Not enough Servants to say anything. But tbh, only 4* BB can be considered to be good and that is only for dealing with Avengers or stall teams. 5* BB and Jinako don't really offer anything special to make the class shine.
    - Foreigner: Still not enough Servants, but if I have to say something, their anti-Berserker gimmick means nothing to me, specially when in challenging content the Berserker bosses easily ignore the class advantage (hi there Altjuna). From all of them MHXX is honestly the most fun as she doesn't have any glaring flaws compared to the others, but it's still a class that needs to provide something more than the anti-Berserker stuff. The release of Yang Guifei made me believe that even more.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    They also lack good AoE options, the worst of the 7 basic classes in that part.
    Artoria, Mordred

Alter Ego > Berserker > Avenger > Ruler > Caster > Shielder > Archer > Saber > Rider > Lancer > Foreigner > Assassin > Mooncancer

Alter Egos have lots of class advantage while not dying to a stiff breeze. Berserkers punch real hard. Avengers have good passives and punch hard but no major class advantage. Rulers are fat and useful. Shielder is good but wishes it was as tanky as Ruler. Archer crits good and also resists debuffs. Saber's nice and balanced without failing at anything. Rider crits but isn't as functional as Saber. Caster lacks damage but NPs well. Lancer has a really shitty card deck and lacks passives. Foreigner is a meme. Assassin has a shitty card deck, shitty damage, and shitty passives, plus it got powercrept by Alter Ego. Mooncancer sucks at everything and BB is good despite that.
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; May 13th, 2020 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Triple Arts deck + Arts passive enables strong team support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Artoria, Mordred

Alter Ego > Berserker > Avenger > Ruler > Shielder > Archer > Saber > Rider > Caster > Lancer > Foreigner > Assassin > Mooncancer

Alter Egos have lots of class advantage while not dying to a stiff breeze. Berserkers punch real hard. Avengers have good passives and punch hard but no major class advantage. Rulers are fat and useful. Shielder is good but wishes it was as tanky as Ruler. Archer crits good and also resists debuffs. Saber's nice and balanced without failing at anything. Rider crits but isn't as functional as Saber. Caster lacks damage but NPs well. Lancer has a really shitty card deck and lacks passives. Foreigner is a meme. Assassin has a shitty card deck, shitty damage, and shitty passives, plus it got powercrept by Alter Ego. Mooncancer sucks at everything and BB is good despite that.
    Pretty much good summary
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Caster >> Archer > Berserker > Avenger > everyone else as of writing this post

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Artoria, Mordred
    That's only two options for 5*, when there are classes that have a lot more. And both are Buster, no Arts or Quick that can loop.

There's also a bit more 4*, but again none can loop and you're pretty much relegated to NP chugging or 4* CE. IIRC we don't even have a 50% NP charge Saber, unless I forget one.
    Last edited by Oz1337; May 13th, 2020 at 10:57 AM.

It's Caster and anyone saying otherwise is only fooling themself. I also don't get the "waaaah Assassin bosses are hard because I can't get an ST Caster" complaint. It's, like, never ever ever been a problem for me.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Imagine not having Xuanzang lmao
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Caster >> Archer > Berserker > Avenger > everyone else as of writing this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    It's Caster and anyone saying otherwise is only fooling themself. I also don't get the "waaaah Assassin bosses are hard because I can't get an ST Caster" complaint. It's, like, never ever ever been a problem for me.
    Are you judging by class characteristics, top Servants, a class identity, or something else?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Classes on their own have very little distinct characteristics
    as such it only makes sense to define their impact by the quality of servants within each class

Blog Entries
    Berserkers > you
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Berserker at the top, Assassin at the bottom, everyone else in-between

Make Presence Concealment generate stars each turn or something

US Friend Code
    Archers and Riders at the top because getting crits makes me happy.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    haha Casters goes buff buff

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    haha Casters goes buff buff
    TBH it's the NP charge that's the real deal isn't it

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Gotta be Casters at the top. Even if they hit like a wet noddle they do "go buff buff". The solution to almost any hard quest, is one class advantage DPS, and a pair of casters to make them hit like a motherfucker. There's the big 4, but you've also got Helana, CasGil, Sheba, Edison, and all the bronze beasts. Plus Nito who is basically an instant wave clear.

After that: Avengers > Lancers > Archers = Sabers = Riders > Assassins (why do none of you have an AOE with decent battery) > Berserkers ( They always go down too fast). Rulers, Moon Cancers, Shielders, Alter Egos and Foreigners are all unranked because I don't more than 1 so I can't rate them as a class only as those specific Servants. (Martha > Mash = MechaLiz > BB)
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    IMO best class in the game is Caster. I mean they have the Elite 4 in it (and Chen Gong, and Hans, etc)...

Blog Entries
    I will say I started playing around with Abigail during a while back and found out she is a little bad ass. There isn’t a lot that bothers her damage wise, her NP is awesome and her skills are almost as good as most five star casters.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    IMO best class in the game is Caster. I mean they have the Elite 4 in it... and, as long as you have Waver on your own you're kind of set for endgame
    hear that waver? We are totally set. ...I said WE ARE TOTALLY SET!!

i guess he has trouble hearing me through the thick cupboard door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

So what happens to all Caster Servants that are not buffers then? I know that it's the most broken class due to some supports, but what about those that are damage dealers, which we still get nowadays?

Casters have low damage due to a low ATK modifier, they also usually get low attack values to further make them hit for even less and one of their passives is useless if the Servant doesn't have any debuff. Their damage dealers have a very hard time competing with Alter Egos, Berserkers or heck, even neutral classes, who have good stats and can go full Buster or Quick shenanigans in some cases.

Honestly the class has issues if you watch it as a whole due to being very hard to choose damage dealers here, specially if you consider that other classes do have both buffers and damage dealers and both are good options. People only consider it good because they have the most broken units in the game, but just because 4 units are like that doesn't mean the rest are automatically good which is an issue here. I wouldn't have any issue if all Casters were support or utility as it means you don't care about damage, but that's not the case here for some of its units.
    Last edited by Oz1337; May 14th, 2020 at 01:27 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    So what happens to all Caster Servants that are not buffers then? I know that it's the most broken class due to some supports, but what about those that are damage dealers, which we still get nowadays?

Casters have low damage due to a low ATK modifier, they also usually get low attack values to further make them hit for even less and one of their passives is useless if the Servant doesn't have any debuff. Their damage dealers have a very hard time competing with Alter Egos, Berserkers or heck, even neutral classes, who have good stats and can go full Buster or Quick shenanigans in some cases.

Honestly the class has issues if you watch it as a whole due to being very hard to choose damage dealers here, specially if you consider that other classes do have both buffers and damage dealers and both are good options. People only consider it good because they have the most broken units in the game, but just because 4 units are like that doesn't mean the rest are automatically good which is an issue here. I wouldn't have any issue if all Casters were support or utility as it means you don't care about damage, but that's not the case here for some of its units.
    I mean it's not just the Big 4. Andersen, Shakespeare, Paracelsus, Helena, CasGil, CasNero and Asclepius are all solid supports. And then there's the absolute madlad Chen Gong, best unit in the whole game. It's also the only class with Servants that charge over 50% NP, allowing for some pretty interesting usage of CEs when it comes to farming on CQs or whatever else you're using them for.

Sure, if you look at the class itself alone, it's usually low attack + a godawful x0.9 damage modifier + 1 good and 1 mostly useless passive, and Berserker and Alter Egos will often outperform them offensively, yet plenty of the individual Servants are good, and many offer things you can't find in any other class, at the very least not as often.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post

Caster class has access to quite a few heavyweight cannons both in ST and AoE. Compare that to Assassins who are so heavily biased to ST that their AoE options are scuffed.