闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Literal "she looked like she was looking at walking garbage" expression

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    The new Medusa in Sailor uniform increases the appearance rate of ALL Nobu enemies; big, chibi, mech, ufo, etc. Just get to the point where you can MLB it by getting all the copies from the shop and Mission 18 where you have to do 10 runs of a node North of Shinjuku, and keep it on your backline. Otherwise, can find someone else with it in your Support list - but idk if it's just my luck, I haven't seen many people put it on their lists.
    Thanks. I lmb them. Want to put it on my waver?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you've got it, the 5* gacha CE would probably be a better fit on your standard support Casters such as Waver/Merlin/Tamamo. Medea being the only event bonus Caster in this event is a bit niche, so standard supports work well. Also once you've got the Sailor CE MLB'd, you don't need anyone else's from the Support list as the max bonus is 100% for doubling Nobu mobs so it's up to you whom you put it on, if anyone. I've already pulled mine off my Merlin and put on a spare 4* CE I had, put Sieg in my actual spot for anyone that wants a damage Caster.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Just beat Caster using Sakamoto Ryouma, Tamamo Caster with her bond CE, Helena, and Surf Mordred. Sakamoto Ryouma and Tamamo were a great team. Helena fell at the end but Sakamoto Ryouma NP was ready. boosted by Tama, to finish the battle so poor Mordred sadly didn't get a chance to shine.

A Fleeting Fata Morgana Jin Uzuki's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    The story was more enjoyable than I expected. Kinda short though, it feels like some characters barely had screentime.

Blog Entries
    Agreed; Li and Okita were essentially there to boost Okitan (and Izou with Li) and no other reason. Perhaps the last part of the event that unlocks tonight will have something else to add, though I'm not expecting much with over 3/4 of the mission available to be done at this point already.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think the last missions are going to be shoehorning in all the normal GudaGuda servants that haven't shown up yet. Emiya, Medusa, X, Cu, all them.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    That would be my guess, considering they're in the 'Event bonus' part for this thing and they haven't shown up yet at all.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I actually hate the story in this event more than any other so far.

Izou's "character arc" is supposed to happen after a single battle with Li Shuwen and 10 lines of dialogue, which happen only moments after you meet him. One would assume this would be confusing, but he's such an obvious, simple character that even if they didn't bother to actually write him into the story after a single scene, you can just assume how he feels and why he changes and that's probably right.

The villain reveals his cover name SECONDS before revealing that it's a cover and he's actually someone else. What's the POINT of a fake identity? What's the point of anything involving him, actually. His arc is a bore and the attempt at making us sympathize at the end is laughable.

Absolutely no chance to learn about Sagamoto and Oryou at all. He feels bad about Izou's execution (?) and Oryou likes frogs, that's all you get to know. His relationship with Izou never leaves the most superficial level of interaction, so if you don't know their history together there's no way you could care. Honestly, I doubt that my feelings would change even if I did know their history beforehand. Also we're forced to see him through, like, 3 fake deaths? C'mon.

You're supposed to develop a bond with Okita Alter as she gradually grows closer to you, very similar stuff to Melt, but on 1/20 of the time you spend with Melt. The girl has more personality in her battle lines than in all the event scenes combined, that's insane.
    Her connection to Okita is absurdly minimal, making me question why they even bothered to make her a "serious" character in place of her original concept (I know Koha-Ace changed it, and joked about it, before). They're completely different characters in every way. Okita saying that Alter should be fighting in the same style despite the length of their swords was the best joke in the event.
    She might actually be the worst main Servant of all the events so far. Oh yeah she really wants to live and stay with me... Remember that time we... uh... killed a guy? And then another one? Oh man, the memories.

Like, I'm not saying I found GUDAGUDA hilarious or anything, but the comedy was definitely better than this. I know many of my issues could be applied to other events, but I think the contrast between the previously comical nature of the cast and the try-hard drama of this one really accentuates of the problems here.
    Last edited by pinetree; June 9th, 2020 at 08:09 PM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Yeah, this wasn't in the same league as TM's best work.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Done well in time for epilogue release.

Also as I check out the shop. I need none of silver currency. The one I got four CEs for. Figgers.

@Strange which ones do you currently use/have invested in?
    Okita, Chloe, Jagman, Kinbroki, Sanzang, Jack.

After Arts meming the boss, now I'm contemplating Li. He's slightly more arts card, which might be better than Medusa (smol) and Vlad. Jaguarman also struggles with endurance.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    No need to take the best one to compare, this not even in middle level. Especially Okita Alter part, like seriously my dude, I care more about her animation and battle lines that give her more personality than the entire of her "story"
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    I think Ryouma and Oryou are endearing but it's really only surface level. They didn't get enough focus for being welfares. Really the whole event needed more chapters to help the pacing so things didn't feel so rushed and compressed.

As far as Mitsuhide's pseudonym, apparently it's a decently common concept in Japanese fiction that Tenkai was actually Akeshi Mitsuhide who changed his name after secretly surviving the battle with Hideyoshi. At least that's what Wikipedia says. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenkai
    Last edited by Reign; June 9th, 2020 at 09:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    @Strange all solid choices I feel. Though yeah, Li would be a solid upgrade over Taiga. (Sorry Toby!) The cooldown on her first skill is unnecessairly long, and the 3rd one is really niche for some of its effects being only applicable on Forest maps. Li on the other hand has two ways to get through Evades (one way on Invuln too) in his skills, as well as an evade and good boost to crit damage and star absorb. An Arts steroid with a chance for an Arts brave chain, and an NP that ignores Defense and lowers it by 30% for others is just icing on the cake. Mats might be somewhat annoying with Fangs, Void Dust and Warhorns being the standout pains there.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I think Ryouma and Oryou are endearing but it's really only surface level. They didn't get enough focus for being welfares. Really the whole event needed more chapters to help the pacing so things didn't feel so rushed and compressed.

As far as Mitsuhide's pseudonym, apparently it's a decently common concept in Japanese fiction that Tenkai was actually Akeshi Mitsuhide who changed his name after secretly surviving the battle with Hideyoshi. At least that's what Wikipedia says. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenkai
    Yeah, but remember: he was first called General Whatever until, in a single scene:
    He's revealed to be a Servant;
    His name is revealed to be Tenkai;
    Tenkai is revealed to be a pseudonym;
    He's revealed to be Mtsuhide.

None of these reveals is a surprise, yet they still bothered to throw them all in the story, and into a single scene, as if to prove how poorly written a scene can be.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    The villain reveals his cover name SECONDS before revealing that it's a cover and he's actually someone else. What's the POINT of a fake identity? What's the point of anything involving him, actually. His arc is a bore and the attempt at making us sympathize at the end is laughable.
    Apparently the theory that the monk was Mitsuhide is prominent enough that it's in the third intro paragraph of his wikipedia page.

As for the story is nowhere close to the best, but still way better than some. Even excluding the early event's like Moon Goddess or Saber Wars, the Apocrpyha event was a bunch of nothing, and that was really recent.

Edit: Wow, four hours late. Did I have this tab open that long?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    w8.

clingy waifu Okiter is canon? Must... resist....

Dragon of Echizen was namedropped. RIP.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I didn't think I've been this offended by a death fake out since Quetz. In fact I'm more offended by this because:

1. I actually liked Quetz

2. Not just Okitan but Ryouma had THREE death fake outs, I'm disgusted
    Last edited by mami-kouga; June 10th, 2020 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I actually hate the story in this event more than any other so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    No need to take the best one to compare, this not even in middle level.
    And then, you see this poll.

Last edited by Herod; June 10th, 2020 at 03:45 AM.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Generally agree with sentiments. Story kinda fell flat. Incidental spoilers be damned, the original koha ace story looks better.
    Fangs,
    haha... Quite.

Deep into fang hell. Thanks Seiba =_=