Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: [EN] Lostbelt No.2: The Eternal Icy Fire Century, Götterdämmerung

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    well shirou is not normal in the first place, so I can see that happen to him
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    The scene where Napoleon declares Ophelia his fiancee is almost exactly like an actual otome game I've played and now I might actually be moved to do code realize x FGO fanart

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    It's really cruel how we're trying to make Gerda understand how sad the situation she's in is. If she could change that and live longer it'd be one thing, but we all know she's going to have to die when we cut the Tree, no need to make the girl feel miserable about her life.
    Yeah, that didn't sit well with me either. Their lives are fucked up, but they're happy as they are, and don't know any different. Don't tell them their lives are shit while not doing anything to make their lives better.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Yeah, that didn't sit well with me either. Their lives are fucked up, but they're happy as they are, and don't know any different. Don't tell them their lives are shit while not doing anything to make their lives better.
    An attempt was made when they decided to attack all the envoys despite how much it would work against them, so I wouldn't call that "not doing anything"

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hm... so our new Saber said when we popped out of the Border that it was us and 2 not 'purely' Servants. Was Holmes a Demi or Psuedo-Servant? I feel like I haven't seen that info before, or I completely missed it when it was discussed. :|
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

That said, I can absolutely understand feeling uncomfortable about the whole thing cause just the thought of children trying to get pregnant before 15 is vomit inducing and them treating it likes it's no biggie will obviously lead someone to call it out, but constantly insisting on trying to make her understand was admittedly very off.

Though I'd say the reason why Goredolf at least kept at it was because of his past with Toole and the other homunculus

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Hm... so our new Saber said when we popped out of the Border that it was us and 2 not 'purely' Servants. Was Holmes a Demi or Psuedo-Servant? I feel like I haven't seen that info before, or I completely missed it when it was discussed. :|
    Don't bother thinking about it, Holmes job is to have vague hints dropped about him with absolutely no follow up

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ahh so like Mushi's ability to traverse worlds than, a plot device that we just handwave until it finally comes up. Got it!
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

JP Friend Code
    Holmes' situation is still not explained yet in Japan so...

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    An attempt was made when they decided to attack all the envoys despite how much it would work against them, so I wouldn't call that "not doing anything"
    That didn't really change anything about their situation, and might've only made it worse. Spoiler for later:

Spoiler:
    If it hadn't been for Ya I Am Totally A Chaldea Guy, the giants would've gotten in and probably wrecked the village.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Holmes suddenly show up at Chaldea after Shinjuku is already a handwave as well. Just like event servants

Don't think about it
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; June 24th, 2020 at 08:58 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can understand preventing the deaths of those two. There's no reason to cut their lives even shorter.
    However, the attempts to coerce Gerda into understanding and hating her lifestyle are still awful because it is ONLY going to cause her more suffering.
    It's not like she can ever make use of this information to refuse to go out or have children, remember? We'll have killed her long before she gets to that age.
    I imagine this is going to lead up to a moment much like Patxi's in which she vouches for our right to kill their world for the sake of ours. But if that's what they're going for, I'm sure it'll hit all the wrong notes. I'm hoping my predictions are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I've been hating Napoleon since he showed up but what the fuuuck duuude:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You're right that this was the first time this information was dropped, though.

Yeah, that was the point where I started hating him too. It's a shame, because Napeleon was actually the only point I disliked about the entire Lostbelt.
    Last edited by Comun; June 24th, 2020 at 09:03 AM.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    That said, I can absolutely understand feeling uncomfortable about the whole thing cause just the thought of children trying to get pregnant before 15 is vomit inducing and them treating it likes it's no biggie will obviously lead someone to call it out, but constantly insisting on trying to make her understand was admittedly very off.

Though I'd say the reason why Goredolf at least kept at it was because of his past with Toole and the other homunculus

- - - Updated - - -

Don't bother thinking about it, Holmes job is to have vague hints dropped about him with absolutely no follow up
    it's really dumb decision, "hey realize it! Your life is suck!"
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Mini-Vinci's expressions are still SUPER CUTE.
    They keep telling us Goredolf is actually a big softie and all... but he still sounds like a jackass.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think he's both. I like him a lot.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I think that's a nice touch of characterization, honestly- it's logical, rational and maybe even the humane thing to do, but Guda and Mash aren't in the most rational of mindsets right now. Having the entire WORLD yanked from under you when you thought you'd saved it for good for everyone ever leaves a big mark, and Guda's lowkey gotten used to bringing about miracles and -more importantly- fighting to bring these miracles about. Even if logic says there's nothing they can do, they're not just gonna pat the girl's head and say "well, too bad you've gotta die". They've gotten to where they are precisely by doing the impossible and kicking reason to the curb.

sidenote proofreading to replace all instances of "he" with "they" is a bitch lol
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

That didn't really change anything about their situation, and might've only made it worse. Spoiler for later:

Spoiler:
    If it hadn't been for Ya I Am Totally A Chaldea Guy, the giants would've gotten in and probably wrecked the village.
    Hence why I called it an attempt. Though they also wouldn't have known that would happen

- - - Updated - - -

Also I got D'Eon to bond 10! Go me!!

- - - Updated - - -

I can understand preventing the deaths of those two. There's no reason to cut their lives even shorter.
    However, the attempts to coerce Gerda into understanding and hating her lifestyle are still awful because it is ONLY going to cause her more suffering.
    It's not like she can ever make use of this information to refuse to go out or have children, remember? We'll have killed her long before she gets to that age.
    I imagine this is going to lead up to a moment much like Patxi's in which she vouches for our right to kill their world for the sake of ours. But if that's what they're going for, I'm sure it'll hit all the wrong notes. I'm hoping my predictions are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Hence why i don't defend that part (though admittedly it's difficult to not be shaken that teenage pregnancy and death before your 30s is treated like an average day). That said I doubt we'll see Gerda again. There's no reason to rest at any of the villages anymore now that we have Napoleon to give us info and unlike Paxti she's absolutely not equipped to leave her village not to mention going all the way the Skadi's ice palace.

As for Napoleon, the scene was too identical to an actual otome I've played for me to dislike him for that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    They keep telling us Goredolf is actually a big softie and all... but he still sounds like a jackass.
    He sounds like one because that's the image he tries to project but ultimately he's also someone that likes to take care of the things that belong to him even if it makes him look like a coward
    Last edited by mami-kouga; June 24th, 2020 at 09:41 AM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    There's a theory that Holmes is secretly a Foreigner but I don't know the details of it.
    Apparently Euclid being linked to Hastur in Requiem was a point against that theory though since Hastur was the main suspect for Foreigner Holmes' outer god.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    If there's somebody who's read the JP and can correct me, that'd be great, but the impression I got so far is that the english TL is making him out to be a lot more, uh... abrasive than he is in JP. English TL seems to go out of their way to make him a pain in the arse, probably to contrast with the moments of growth, whereas in JP he seems a lot more of a bumbler than the arseholish boss you hate.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think that's a nice touch of characterization, honestly- it's logical, rational and maybe even the humane thing to do, but Guda and Mash aren't in the most rational of mindsets right now. Having the entire WORLD yanked from under you when you thought you'd saved it for good for everyone ever leaves a big mark, and Guda's lowkey gotten used to bringing about miracles and -more importantly- fighting to bring these miracles about. Even if logic says there's nothing they can do, they're not just gonna pat the girl's head and say "well, too bad you've gotta die". They've gotten to where they are precisely by doing the impossible and kicking reason to the curb.
    Yeah I didn't expect them to go full utilitarian and ignore the people of the Lostbelt, it's just that... this isn't help. We're doing nothing for her sake there.
    There's a difference between "I'm not going to let anyone die while I'm here, even if it is against what they believe in" and "Please understand how miserable your life really is before I erase you, child."
    Like, if they really wanted to write that discourse, they should've made Gerda 15 and unwilling to have a child. That way the team would be justified in making her understand why this situation is awful, because then it would be an attempt at getting her to do what she wants instead of following rules she's already against.
    But that's not who Gerda is. She just likes fishing dude, this child doesn't need you to teach existencial dread to her.