Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 691011

Thread: [EN] Lostbelt No.2: The Eternal Icy Fire Century, Götterdämmerung

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I’m so excited! Ophelia is my favourite Cryptor. *bursts into tears.*

I haven’t even started Anastasia yet… I should do that. These two lostbelts are supposed to be beautifully written.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Ugh. While I finished last week, not had time for the little things like posting shit on a forum

While rapid level loading has been great. I'm experiencing quite a bit of freezing and slowdowns in story and in combat -_-

20 shots got me a Valkyries. Mainly for headpatting purposes as AoE Lancers are rather oversubscribed here. I hear they only really shine if you happen to have the mega Christmas Cake turn up.

LB2 - Mixed reviews I see.

Mainly character comments and rambling
    • Could've said it in LB1, but Belldanders is a weird name for the Wandering Sea. Guess I didn't notice the mentions in JP and any prior mention?
    • Doesn't smoke. I confess. Never paying much attention to Goredolf I always thought he was toting a stogie in his hand. And then when he meets Gerda, Japan continues the fat shaming...

Mages are some rather schizo people. One the one hand lives are worth so little killing friends and family to get closer to root access be a okay. Then they're speaking of ordinary lives and happiness and stuff. I guess the coldness of Magi are wildly inconsistent, or just deluding themselves.
    • Indeed Fou seems rather more intelligent than it were supposed to be... Wonder if they'll ever explain that or tie it to a major plot point.
    • Napoleon obnoxious much? Also you slut you. Yes. Slutshame'd you pig.

I've always thought the 5* archers are all weirdos but wow, this one is a real add lots of stuff because otherwise how could he be a pretty heroic spirit and fight worth a damn.
    • As stupid as a woman walking barefoot on the beach. Ah Caenis

Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
      Is just it me or does Scat-Scatty constantly sound high af?
      Suddenly more lucid. I guess she was hooked up to some big feckin kush most of the LB...

And so, only says more than love or DESU late in the game. Kinda like 'Sigurd's shtick til later on. Her battlewear is the wedding dress she never got to wear, Christmas cake intensifies.
    • Sitonai being just a speaking role and oh look BASAKA felt really weak. I didn't really feel much Ilyaness. :/
    • I confess. Whenever I see Thrúd, my head still thinks Thud.

Interesting to see the Nasuversian Valkyries and their relationship to Brynhildr. And good to see non gag character Bryn too.
      Sigurd's main good scenes are fun times with Brynhildr.
    • Is Fafnir a franchise or something? Just all entirely different entities at different times become a Fafnir?
    • You must be a God killer! Hue

For the most part, this lostbelt was solid. Not really low lows or high highs - the setting and leading characters are rather sedate. That includes the ending arc, indeed a bit flat. The Babylonia comparison - when things went Heavens Feel, there was a long arc of apocalyptic scenes. The ending segment was pretty short here and contributed to the lack of threat from this apocalypic kaijuu god thing - they just got rid of him pretty fast?
    Ophelia as a character was fine, she's that archetype. Considering Mage society most of them probably have all kinds of issues in the closet.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post

• Could've said it in LB1, but Belldanders is a weird name for the Wandering Sea. Guess I didn't notice the mentions in JP and any prior mention?
    • Indeed Fou seems rather more intelligent than it were supposed to be... Wonder if they'll ever explain that or tie it to a major plot point.
    • Is Fafnir a franchise or something? Just all entirely different entities at different times become a Fafnir?

-In JP is Baldanders, which is a creature from germanic literature
    -Sion will comment on it next chapter, there is still to see if it'll tie to anything
    -Fafnir is the product of the Evil Dragon Phenomenon, we don't have all the details on it, but immense greed will transform someone into Fafnir. This phenomenon ties the actual legend of how the dwarf Fafnir transformed into a dragon because of his greed and how on Fate both Sigurd and Siegfried could have battle Fafnir when it is stablish they are different heroes

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So is it Cardboard's greed for Jeanne that turns him to a dragon at the end of Apo?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He turned into one because of Siegfried's heart.

US Friend Code
    In the Volsung Saga, Sigurd's Fafnir was a dwarf hoarding a cursed treasure and specifically the cursed ring Andvaranaut, which was probably part of Tolkien's inspiration for the One Ring.
    Siegfried's Fafnir didn't have a backstory in the original Nibelungenlied, but since the Rheingold from Wagner's operas is a part of Fate Siegfried's story, then Siegfried's Fafnir was probably Wagner's version which was a giant who transformed to hoard the Rheingold.
    Sieg transformed because of Siegfried's heart inside him.
    Surtr started becoming Fafnir because of his greed to burn the entire world instead of just Scandinavia like he was supposed to.

One of Siegfried's interludes says that whenever he is summoned Fafnir will always be summoned in some form too, so I like to think that Siegfried being summoned in Apo caused Fafnir to manifest inside Sieg from the beginning which is why he had an independent will to begin with even before the heart transplant, but that's purely my theory/headcanon.
    Last edited by Reign; July 5th, 2020 at 09:53 PM.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Whelp. At least I wasn't far off. Nice details from the legends, and how it becomes used in fiction.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    In JP is Baldanders, which is a creature from germanic literature
    I think it's the same in NA, he just misspelled it.

A Fleeting Fata Morgana Jin Uzuki's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Finally got over this.

Hmm, I liked. I'm not quite sure why, it has a lot of problems (But some of them are shared by all singularities, I guess), but I liked the pacing once the story gets going, even if it meant a lot of things were kinda rushed through (The Valkyries, the humans, etc). The ending felt sadder than LB1's ending, for some reason.

A shame Ophelia died, I found her much more interesting that Kadoc.