Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2020 Anime. It's A Thing, I Guess.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    And, unlike HxEros, Peter Grill is actually uncensored
    NSFW.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I thought it wasn't getting a uncensored release until the BDs?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

That's HxEros.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Outside of carry overs like Furuba, longer runners like precure, an stuff that were on haitus like railgun, I'll only be watching decadance and God of highschool this season and both their first episodes entertained if nothing else from an animation pov.

Morbid curiosity makes mr. Love tempting, but the story was enough of a mess in a game and I don't think I'd be able to handle that animated

Blog Entries
    Oregairu is as good as ever. Even if the OP ain't as good as S2 one.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    And, unlike HxEros, Peter Grill is actually uncensored
    NSFW.
    The uncensored version has yet to be subbed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    The uncensored version has yet to be subbed, though.
    It's subbed. On the raw comments and there's even the video and .ass files in various languages
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    I seriously can't pass the Kazuya's stupidity is Rental GF

- - - Updated - - -

Have read the manga and still make me shake my head
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Uzaki was nothing but SUGOI DEKAI and I like it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, I watched Episode 2 of Misfit Demon Lord, because apparently I'm a glutton for punishment and have nothing better to do with my time. The plot goes right from "haughty older sister hates younger sister because family drama", to a team battle, to "I'm so glad you let us be together again, MC-kun" with no character development in between. No "Older sister frowning after confrontation with little sis", no snippet of home life from either, no explanation of circumstances from younger sister to sympathize us with new character. Just "Go die, Trash", Punch in face, "I'm so happy we can be together again, teehee".

I think I'm going to ride this trainwreck all the way to the end. Just to know. Or maybe I'll find a new RPG to sink my time into.

By the way, the MC in this show is only a month old. He aged from newborn to bishie 17 year old, but it's OK to try and fuck him because his soul is really 2000 years old. And the show loves to bring this up.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    By the way, the MC in this show is only a month old. He aged from newborn to bishie 17 year old, but it's OK to try and fuck him because his soul is really 2000 years old. And the show loves to bring this up.
    Have to say, kind of refreshing seeing this trope on a male character for once.

US Friend Code
    I'm really enjoying Digimon's decision to have digivolving happen in real time instead of with stock footage (except Agumon for some reason). I love the way you can see their bodies actually transition from one form to the next, like Palmon to Togemon here:
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Have to say, kind of refreshing seeing this trope on a male character for once.
    It's like the bizarro version of the 1000 year old vampire loli. It's kind of surreal.

I mean, he's an adult who got thrown in a child's body and quickly solved that issue. We know from his perspective, it was going from the ritual to being a baby in his new mom's hands. At that point, age is just a number and part of the power fantasy and getting bothered by it doesn't make sense.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure Episode 6: The princess has finally made her debut and I really liked Mimi and Palmon as a duo, to the point where Palmon almost getting deleted got me really emotional. Interesting that the Time Dilation has returned, although it works different at various points so the Human World, Izzy in the Network and Taichi's group in the Digital World are all running at different speeds, wonder how that'll affect things. The battles were amazing too, particularly Ogremon vs Greymon who was showing a lot of emotional despite his caveman speech which I wonder how losing his horn will affect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I'm really enjoying Digimon's decision to have digivolving happen in real time instead of with stock footage (except Agumon for some reason). I love the way you can see their bodies actually transition from one form to the next, like Palmon to Togemon here:
    Spoiler:
    Same...although buff Tentomon will haunt my nightmares.

Spoiler:
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Fire Force Season 2 Episode 2: Captain Hague is nuts. Just what did he experience that made him that way? So that girl was the first pillar, what a coward, controlling Shinra like that. Arthur was amazing in this episode though, and I found out why he acts the way he does too. The girl said that another pillar would appear, another person with a Edola Burst I guess. I'm going to assume based on the opening, that the White Clad will get to her first. You're not one of the good guys if you make a face like that. It was a great episode, can't wait for the next one.
    Last edited by Laserman; July 12th, 2020 at 09:40 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    I mean, he's an adult who got thrown in a child's body and quickly solved that issue. We know from his perspective, it was going from the ritual to being a baby in his new mom's hands. At that point, age is just a number and part of the power fantasy and getting bothered by it doesn't make sense.
    I mean, there's a lot of shit there to be bothered by- the weird age dymanics, both in that his body's too young and that he's an old man getting paired up with teenage girls, but the weirdest thing is the whole power fantasy trip in the first place.

I mean, sure, I get the idea of bullying people who have no idea what they're doing- I've played PvP games, and every kind of matchmaking drops you in against noobs, and it's fun for like five minutes- but all these reincarnation series just remind me of prize fighting champions going back to the sandpits they played in as kids, just to push over all the small children there and cement their status as THE ULTIMATE BIG FISH IN THE WORLD'S SMALLEST POND.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

I mean, sure?. I don't want to argue against being bothered by the whole power fantasy thing. I ignored that part on purpose. I was just trying to say his situation is different from the teenagers who look older and hotter than their age or the 100000000000000 years old lolis and shotas. So, the comparison to those situations doesn't hold. Also, I don't think his body is too young after he used his allmighty power to age said body up. He used magic to speedrun his own growth, so as I see it saying his body is too young feels wrong
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Honestly it wouldn't be so unnerving if they didn't constantly have his parents gushing about all the girls he's getting when he's only a month old. Like twice an episode "Oh son! I only gave birth a month ago and now you've brought home two wives? I'm so happy", "Even I didn't have two girls son! And I had to wait twenty years too!". If it was a one and done it would be weird but easily overlooked. The fact they keep bringing it up as an attempt as a running joke keeps pushing it in your face.

But he isn't. is the thing. And they show you he isn't. They only repeat it because it's part and parcel of the power fantasy. How his powers are so awesome from the literal start of his new life and how one of said powers is age control. So, you know he can age up and age down people like he did to himself if he wants.
    I mean, this isn't pandering to any kind of shota toddlercon fantasies. It's pandering to god mode fantasies
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler: