Page 49 of 103 FirstFirst ... 39444748495051545999 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinity Angles (Discussion Thread)

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsnfan View Post
    ....The heck?

I have no idea what's going on other than a long time has passed. It feels like they're going to die or something.
    That would be a "yes." This would be my version of Rowling's epilogue; after "Trinity," any sequels, and so on. It's an actual end - although, oddly enough, I still have ideas about where to take it from there (either another world-hop, this time on behalf of the Powers That Be, or they actually do break into Hell to rescue someone).

EDIT: And regarding the last Bayonetta snip - before I came up with the whip, I was actually considering having Galen's weapon being Osiris.

I realise that Bayonetta's canon has Eva as an Umbran Witch contracted to Sparda (which makes sense), but I could see the Angelic version of Eva representing Caritas, or Compassion/Charity/Love - which I think is Galen's cardinal virtue . . . Of course, that may be arrogance/ego on my part, too.
    Last edited by Kieran; November 8th, 2014 at 08:26 AM.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    God damn it.. Tears were running down my face reading that last snippet.
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Sorry about that.

. . . On reflection, I suppose it doesn't say much that's good if death scenes are among my specialties, does it?

*shakes head* In any case - everything has its time, everything dies. Galen firmly believes that, and after that amount of time, he'd be ready to go even if using their imperfect Philosopher's Stone hadn't aged him to that point. If they decided to live forever, eventually they'd become tyrants - out of sheer boredom, if nothing else. And while their extended lifespan can be carefully hidden, outright immortality couldn't. Sooner or later, someone or some entity would come looking for their secrets, and if they really shouldn't have immortality, it goes without saying that humanity at large shouldn't.

That's one of the reasons Hermione chose to go out the way she did, actually - given that swallowing the Stone like that will combust her, the heat and effort will also destroy the Stone in the process. No more temptation, for anyone - not without at least undertaking the work to get it.

. . . And this might get a laugh out of you - among the world-hops I was considering, if I did a sequel past this point, was "High School DxD."

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

Something a little lighter . . .

". . . Are you sure he'll go for this?"

"If you're doubting it, maybe not," Takara admitted. "But I think he's an old-school otaku, so he'll probably appreciate it. Cosplay is a traditional activity, after all."

"Well, yes," Hermione admitted. "But he never has - and in any case, why this outfit? It's neither accurate or really appropriate."

"Because I keep trying to picture the look on his face when he sees you," the Japanese witch said smugly. "And I'm wondering just how badly he'll lose it."

". . . I suppose that's a valid enough reason."

Galen glanced around the room. "Hermione? Takara said you had something you wanted me to see . . .?" His eyes widened.

A scarlet-clad shadow, garbed in red leather and a matching broad-brimmed hat, emerged from the shadows. Dark eyes peered from beneath the hat, framed by yellow sunglasses. Hermione smiled, baring her fangs as she did so, and spoke in a throaty growl.

"Your orders, my Master?"

Galen's jaw actually dropped, as he stared. ". . . What?"

If possible, Hermione's smile widened as she came forward, drawing closer. She didn't have the height to loom over him, but she could sashay as she moved, like a stalking lioness. When she was close enough for her breath to whisper against his skin, she repeated her words, in a tone that held less growl, and more intimacy.

"Your orders . . . My Master."

A strangled sound escaped Galen's throat after a few seconds, indicating a brain crash, or possibly a stroke - certainly, Hermione was aware of a major difference in his body's blood flow - but after almost a minute, he'd done nothing beyond stare catatonically.

Hermione sagged. " . . . You don't like it - I told Takara that this wasn't a good idea . . ."

Galen blinked abruptly, and glanced back over his shoulder to see Takara, her hand raised to cover her mouth in that elegant pose that said, "I am deeply amused, but far too well-bred to show it openly." He'd blame Ciel for teaching her that one, except that it was far more Rin's style. However, since she hadn't met Rin early enough to explain it, his money was on one of her aunts.

Her smirk might be covered, however, but Galen saw the amusement dancing in her eyes - and hey, one good turn deserved another . . .

"My orders, eh . . .?" he murmured, causing both girls to blink suddenly, as he whirled to point at Takara. "Strip her."

He stepped back, to get a glimpse of the girls' own brain crashes and savour the moment - and what came next:

Hermione recovered first, and regained her predatory smile. "Yes, my Master."

Takara, on the other hand, was still in shock. However, her whimper had a more articulate sound to it.

". . . Eep."

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    What's Hermione's costume based on?

Oh, and by the way, I loved it. KEKEKEKEKE (This is my evil laugh)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsnfan View Post
    What's Hermione's costume based on?

Oh, and by the way, I loved it. KEKEKEKEKE (This is my evil laugh)
    Thank you.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    Hermione as Alucard is fucking hilarious. Guess Hermione's job will be to dress Takara up as Seras. Until they both go all the way and Dress Galen up as Integra.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout View Post
    Hermione as Alucard is fucking hilarious.
    I wasn't sure it would be - but I thought it seemed cute.

Guess Hermione's job will be to dress Takara up as Seras.
    Her, or one of the Vatican - either Anderson or that battle nun.

Until they both go all the way and Dress Galen up as Integra.
    Galen's allergic to tobacco smoke, unfortunately. And besides, it'd be like kissing an ashtray.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    oh god, After I read through that...

Definately eep.

When I go random.

Of the three, Takara's the closest to having any right to be Anderson since Ciel is for all intents and purposes a Sane Alexander Anderson. Galen will be Seras then. Could be funnier if there were TFS references too.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

Blog Entries
    I'm afraid I don't know "TFS" - I was only ever a casual Hellsing viewer/reader.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Start Here. Tfs means Team Four Star, they're an abridging team famous for DBZ abridged, and every year on Halloween they adapt an OVA episode of Hellsing Ultimate as a special. They're pretty damn funny.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout
    Also I've been putting some thought into that P3 crossover and would like your opinion on things in the game including the social links since Galen would be the hero. I need to know who he can connect with and if not if there are any alternates. Eg. Shirou would make a decent Tower or Sun. Galen would be Moon for someone else's link. Takara I don't know.
    I've been reading a lot of Persona 4-based fics in the last couple of days, and remembering the above quote, this scene occurred to me . . .

TV World

"I hate you," Shirou said bluntly. "Seriously, deeply, truly hate you."

Takara said nothing, apparently satisfied with glaring daggers into his back. Galen supposed that he ought to be grateful it wasn't the other way around - with Shirou's talents, they'd be literal daggers.

Aloud, he said, "It's not like I didn't warn you - both of you - about your Shadows. Honestly, I'd have thought you would've had the least trouble, by now."

"So did I," Shirou grated. "Which is why I hate you."

Flashback:

Galen's Shadow stepped from the darkness with a smirk on his face, and everyone tensed. "Shadow Shirou" had essentially been Archer in Shirou Emiya's body, and it was a measure of how much different he was now that Shirou had managed to fall for its provocations. "Shadow Takara" had essentially been her Nanaya personality, and she was still a young woman, unlike her two companions. That she'd managed to fall into the same trap as Shirou - despite his example and the earlier warnings - was understandable, if annoying.

But this was
    Galen. Arguably the darkest and most vicious, and certainly the most self-loathing, of them all - and that was his normal personality. What his Shadow would be like was inconceivable, save that it was certain to be bad.

And worse, he was smirking - and it was that particular smirk that practically begged to be beaten off his smug little face. Which meant that he had a particularly nasty surprise in store, and was just salivating over the chance to spring it.

Galen gazed wordlessly at his Shadow, before matching its expression, his narrowed eyes gleaming with malicious amusement. Shirou and Takara tensed, waiting to see who would speak first, and trigger what was going to doubtlessly be a truly
    vicious bloodbath . . .

"So . . ." Galen drawled as he stepped forward - and suddenly held out his hand. "Are you coming, or what?"

The Shadow reached out to clasp his forearm in turn, shimmering into a Persona form before vanishing.

"Thou art I . . . And I am thou.
    From the sea of thy soul, I come forth.
    I am Tsukuyomi, of the Moon Arcana
    And all the enchantments of night are mine."

"Hate you," Shirou repeated. "So. Very. Much."

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I'm not really sure I understand but does Takara and Shirou hate Galen because he had no trouble at all to assimilate his Shadow while they were still provoked despite being warned about it?

Blog Entries
    Yup.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Don't worry, the liquid is resplendent Incarnite Azurnum's Avatar
    Clearly Shadow!Galen is going to chest-burster out at the worst possible time and hijack Galen's persona.

Blog Entries
    Galen got off way too easy with that one..

But then again....

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Incarnite Azurnum View Post
    Clearly Shadow!Galen is going to chest-burster out at the worst possible time and hijack Galen's persona.
    Afraid not - though I've no idea how it would evolve into Tsukuyomi-ni-Mikoto.

Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    Galen got off way too easy with that one..

But then again....
    As Galen himself would explain, "For good or bad, I spent a lot of years inside my head - I know all my worst traits, and while I might not like them, I acknowledge that they're there, and that they're a part of me. That's what the Shadow wants - to either be accepted, or rejected and set free. And since I already have, instant Persona." *Shrugs* "Who knew my messed-up brain would come in handy one day?"

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Yeah as good as Shadow interactions would be it would only happen once. Might not even get that far since All they would need to do is catch Adachi and THAT they can get done in a week at most. Ultimately though I picked P3 instead of P4 since everyone and their mother is doing P4 stories that its over-saturated and I wanted higher stakes.

I'll need to start reading this series, if only that it's different from "FateProphecy Break".

But I'm glad to see this scene somewhat inspired by recent Persona readings, like mine I assume. A shame the same thing didn't happen to Chie, but if I'm reading this right, Galen had a lot of mental stress that DID try to kill him, just not physically in the same room. I really liked the snippet.

Tsukiyomi's taken though. By Sho Minazuki in the new Persona 4 Arena game (just saying).

Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout View Post
    Yeah as good as Shadow interactions would be it would only happen once. Might not even get that far since All they would need to do is catch Adachi and THAT they can get done in a week at most. Ultimately though I picked P3 instead of P4 since everyone and their mother is doing P4 stories that its over-saturated and I wanted higher stakes.
    Actually I've noticed that there are a lot more P3 crossovers, at least with the Fate series. Part of the reason I wrote Fate/Reach Out was because I was honestly wondering why no one thought of what I wrote before. Maybe P4 is still larger than P3 in general (and P1 and P2) but that's something, right?
    Last edited by Kishou the Badger; November 23rd, 2014 at 03:13 PM.