Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 121

Thread: Lets face it. Type moon doesn't care about Tsukimhime. There aren't enough of us for them to bother

  1. #21
    Do you think the answer to your question has changed since then?

  2. #22
    Time Lego Toa of Gallifrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Metru Nui
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I've posted it before, and I'll post it again.

    So I don't know what to think is the thing. Are people being sincere about liking it? People might say they like the game, but they don't make a case for it, in fact they just seem to make cases against it.
    A protagonist doesn't have to be likeable for a story to be good.



    inb4 someone points to FSN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

    watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

    if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    So I don't know what to think is the thing. Are people being sincere about liking it? People might say they like the game, but they don't make a case for it, in fact they just seem to make cases against it.
    I'll try to answer this, just because I can kinda see where you're coming from.

    So first I'll just say that for the most part, opinions circling within a big group of people should really not be taken at face value. It becomes an echo chamber of the worst opinions, and makes it seem like that vocal minority represents an actual majority (prime example is the entire internet seemingly hating and boycotting The Last of Us 2, and lo and behold, it's like the 3rd best selling game this year or whatever). And this forum, as much as I like it, is far from an exception. A lot of opinions that get thrown around here by a lot of people are very consistently negative, even towards old TM stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if some people who look here just think that everyone here hate everything about TM, both old and new.

    As for Tsukihime and Tohno, I can only give my own opinion here, but that is that he mostly remains interesting to follow throughout the story because he's a straight up basket case. He's murderous, psychotic, and attempts rape several times through the story, so obviously he's pretty fucked up. He's also a massive idiot, to be honest, and if people think Shirou is sexist in Fate, then boy do I have a contender for you. So yeah, I wouldn't say he's a likable character in that sense, but he's still interesting to follow. On top of that, he's also far from the only character in the VN. In fact, in general I'd say Tsukihime shines in (and is mainly praised for) its extremely well-written cast. While, again in my opinion, the story itself has some pacing issues and the writing kinda falls flat several times, characterization stays on point, and basically acts as a highlight throughout the entire thing. So yeah, there are both good and bad things, who would have thought, but people are always more inclined to talk about the negatives of something.

    However, like I said I do kinda understand where you're coming from with questioning the legitimacy of people's apparent worship of Tsukihime. It's something I've also noticed recently (read: the last few years maybe), especially with the rise of FGO. The bigger the Fate side of TM gets, the louder the people who don't like it need to scream to make it clear that they're not happy with this, and as such it has just become "trendy" to hate on anything Fate or related to it. As a result, it also becomes "cool" to (only) like Tsukihime more than anything, alongside stuff like Melty Blood and Mahoyo (in fact, you'd be surprised how many people praise mahoyo as the greatest thing to ever exist, without even having read it).

    That's not to say that (most) people don't actually like Tsuki or actually do want the remake to be a genuine thing, but I think it's very much the reason why it appears like everyone is screaming about it and why it feels like anywhere you go now that's not specifically focused on Fate, you'll always just have to deal with people absolutely shitting on anything that's not Tsukihime which is the greatest piece of writing to ever exist.

    In fact here's also a more ranty version but with with more passive aggressiveness of this same thing when I talked about it like a month ago, though with some omissions:

    Spoiler:
    [1:41 PM] savepoints/Dave: I have a question
    [1:41 PM] savepoints/Dave: when did it become cool to just hate on everything TM?
    [1:41 PM] savepoints/Dave: and I don't mean FGO
    [1:41 PM] savepoints/Dave: we already know why all the spergs hate on FGO
    [1:42 PM] savepoints/Dave: I mean the people who talk about all recent spinoffs as "just market ploys to add more stuff into FGO"
    [1:42 PM] xxx: as in tm fans hating tm
    [1:42 PM] xxx: right
    [1:42 PM] xxx: it just started with fgo
    [1:42 PM] savepoints/Dave: or the people who now go back to FSN to talk about how "it's really pretty shittily written" (even though it got famous because of nasu's writing style etc)
    [1:42 PM] savepoints/Dave: and these people even do the same for like knk
    [1:43 PM] savepoints/Dave: as if tsuki and mahoyo (which 90% of them can't read) are the only good things in TM
    [1:43 PM] xxx: its pretty weird with tm cuz so few people have actually read the stuff
    [1:43 PM] xxx: especially now with fgos popularity
    [1:43 PM] savepoints/Dave: and yeah, I mean people in the fandom specifically, not outsiders
    [1:43 PM] savepoints/Dave: and when I say "in the fandom" I mean like, deep in the fandom
    [1:43 PM] savepoints/Dave: and yeah I'm pretty sure fgo didn't start this, at least not that directly
    [1:44 PM] xxx: i REALLY dont get the mahoyo wanking
    [1:44 PM] savepoints/Dave: like I see this now and then on BL, but usually then it's more that "old-TM", that is knk + tsuki + fsn are the only good things (and mahoyo but) and everything past that is shit
    [1:44 PM] savepoints/Dave: that's a stance I can understand where it comes from, even if I don't agree with it at all
    [1:44 PM] savepoints/Dave: because nu-TM is pretty different
    [1:45 PM] savepoints/Dave: but where does this notion of going back to shit on the old works even come from
    [1:45 PM] savepoints/Dave: it's even worse now because it's pretty easy to ignore on BL but I see it a lot whenever anything non-mahoyo comes up in the mahoyo tl disc
    [1:46 PM] savepoints/Dave: like they all hate fgo, that's fine, but then most of them also shit on anything that's not mahoyo or tsuki
    [1:46 PM] savepoints/Dave: as if tsuki is the magnum opus of TM
    [1:47 PM] savepoints/Dave: yeah tbh mahoyo is a bit overwanked, but I think that also has to do with these same spergs being the ones to shit on everything TM does nowadays, so when mahoyo is actually good for real it gets exaggerated
    [1:47 PM] savepoints/Dave: like everything else on the internet
    [1:47 PM] savepoints/Dave: ofc it's subjective, and you can dislike everything else TM made
    [1:48 PM] savepoints/Dave: but when all of them share the same opinion, it becomes less a matter of "it's just subjective" and more like some weird bandwagon thing
    [1:49 PM] savepoints/Dave: just feels like there's a big influx of these opinions, and they are all the same
    [1:49 PM] xxx: Because you know, TM is trying to sell their stuff :monjowa:
    [1:50 PM] xxx: As if the mentality was that much different from back then
    [1:50 PM] xxx: The only difference is they don't need hentai anymore
    [1:50 PM] savepoints/Dave: it's not like [our resident TM hater] where he hates everything TM does for a pretty clear reason
    [1:52 PM] savepoints/Dave: and then there's the fact that this mindset extends to not only the works TM put out, but to everything they do
    [1:52 PM] savepoints/Dave: as if TM has become the new EA or ubisoft or w/e
    [1:53 PM] savepoints/Dave: cuz people need to exaggerate everything to this extent


    Like show me a single person outside of this forum who has actually hated on tsuki the same way everything else gets hated on, because I've never seen anything close to it. Even KnK catches a lot of flack because "u need budhism phd lol", but Tsuki effectively remains untouched as the holy grail of TM.
    Last edited by fumei; July 22nd, 2020 at 11:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Do you think the answer to your question has changed since then?
    It's been 2 years, and I actually read the manga, the bad translations and pages in some parts just didn't do it any favors. I thought it was okay, but people called it the best adaptation a Type-Moon work has ever gotten, so my expectations were high. I mean:
    Just to prove my point:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I can believe it if you say you only ever see people say bad things about Shiki since nobody talks about Shiki anymore except a few people who want to bring up the rape threat(s) to prove some obtuse point.


    You know the time he went into some bad blood sugar shock episode and murdered that blonde girl is a lot more fucked up than when he threatened to rape someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    A protagonist doesn't have to be likeable for a story to be good.
    Even if that's true, it doesn't do it any favors.
    Last edited by Laserman; July 22nd, 2020 at 12:47 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.




  5. #25
    That has little to do with what you're saying. The manga is also not a substitute for the VN, especially regarding Tohno's character. If you want to form your own impressions, read the VN. Second-hand opinions are immaterial when everything under the sun is loved or hated by a dumbshit on the internet who really wants you to hear about it.

  6. #26
    Nasu has made it clear over the past few years that he is in fact working on the Tsukihime remake unlike the Mahoyo sequels. I don't get what the big fuss is about. Some people seem to live inside their own narratives and get weird about innocuous things.

  7. #27
    Nasu [...] is in fact working on the Tsukihime remake
    Some people seem to live inside their own narratives
     

  8. #28
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,676
    Blog Entries
    4
    It's more a matter of how long it's taking for much of anything on the Remake besides the occasional acknowledging statement. Sure, there are problems with the original work, and Shiki is messed up. However, it represents essentially the only official representation of what is canonically half of Nasu's setting. Further, some of us really do like the characters and story, so seeing it languish for decades unattended is just depressing. It's wasted potential, especially compared to the salt that some of the Fate-side content has mined in the interim.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  9. #29
    Being a tsukhime fan is apparently one huge prank huh.

  10. #30
    Is the Tsukihime remake itself something people actually want? Or do they just want it because of what it would represent for the future (renewed interest in Tsuki side, potential for new original Tsuki-related works, etc)?

    If the remake itself is something people actually care about, why?

  11. #31
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,128
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    It'll look and sound better
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  12. #32
    Sure, I get the interest in a remaster. New sprites, new music, more event CGs, even a couple of new scenes here and there. Like an RN version of Tsuki—I'd dig that. But Tsuki remake hasn't been described as that for a while now.

  13. #33
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    Is the Tsukihime remake itself something people actually want? Or do they just want it because of what it would represent for the future (renewed interest in Tsuki side, potential for new original Tsuki-related works, etc)?
    The latter, tbh. Though i am looking forward to the work itself as well.

  14. #34
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,962
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    Satsuki's route feels really fun but not necessary. I'm in favor of skipping the remake to go straight to the sequel.

  15. #35
    Everybody screaming for the remake until the big lore changes happen and then it's back to calling nasu a hack
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

  16. #36
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,676
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Everybody screaming for the remake until the big lore changes happen and then it's back to calling nasu a hack
    Truth.

    But yeah, Sacchin route would be nice and maybe explain some shit.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  17. #37
    Such is the natural order of things

  18. #38
    Look if they don't put ANYTHING servant or fate related than I'll called it a successes

  19. #39
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,128
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    if it's not r-18 is there even a point to noel
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  20. #40
    かか Strange_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,277
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    31
    Pure tease.

    And doujinbait.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •