Page 1 of 20 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: [JP] FGO 5th Anniversary

Blog Entries

[JP] FGO 5th Anniversary

Things are picking up now with 6 days of SQ and a collector gacha released, so it's time to discuss, speculate, and bash DW. Unlike Info Central, I won't ask for minimal discussion in this thread as info will be concentrated in OP instead.

Anniversary Stream

Information and links to be added to anniversary broadcast site. Streams are planned on Niconico, YouTube, Periscope, Twitter and Abema.

Youtube Stream

Anniversary CM

Total stream rewards:

SQ

60SQ from Twitter campaign
    130SQ from updating extra missions
    149 SQ from main story completion
    30SQ from Gilgamesh Synchro Quiz

Tickets

10 tickets from login bonus
    10 tickets from Da Vinci shop
    6 tickets from Artoria (All Hail Arts Queen) trial quest and 5 costume quests
    3 tickets from friend missions

Anniversary Merchandise

Get some goodies from Aniplex store if you have money to spare. Thanks to GDB for reminder.

Strengthening Quests

SQ
    Day 1

Phantom SQ - Skill update. Charm now isn't restricted to gender, removes buffs from affected enemy. CD reduced by one turn.

Brynhildr SQ - Skill update. Primordial Rune is now 20%-30% NP charge skill (SL 1-10).

Day 2

Darius III SQ - Skill update. Guts CD reduction, AoE Buster Resistance debuff (20%, doesn't scale).

Raikou SQ - NP update. 20% crit chance down AoE debuff.

Day 3

David SQ - NP update. 200% Super effective buff against giant humanoids.

Paisen SQ - Skill update. Second skill upgraded to have duration of buff removal resistance raised from 1 turn to 3 turns. Added attack buff (self, 20%-30%, SL1-10, 3 turns).

Day 4

Nezha SQ - NP update. Burn upgraded to 3,000 tick per turn, 5 turns, doesn't scale with OC/NP level.

Arjuna SQ - Skill 2 update. Cooldwon reduction by 2 turns, added 10% NP gauge per turn, 5 turns, doesn't scale with skill level.

Day 5

Gilgamesh Caster - NP update. AoE crit buff, fixed 30%.

Musashi - NP update. Upgraded NP buff scaling (30-90%, OC, same scaling as Bedivere), added Super effective buff against Alter Ego and Moon Cancer classes (fixed 150%).

Day 6

Cu SQ - Skill update. Guts updated to give self Atk buff based on Cu's HP. (20% + (1 - (Current HP/Max HP))*30%). CD reduced by 1 turn.

Herk SQ - Skill update. Guts updated to stack with his Bond CE, each Guts activation adds self Buster buff (20%, 5 turns).

Emiya SQ - Skill update. Projection gets updated again, colour buff strengthened (30%-50%), adds an option to swap NP to Arts.

Artoria SQ - Skill Update. Mana Burst gets updated: added NP strength buff (20%-30%, 1 turn), all Artoria's cards are swapped to Buster.

Collector Gacha

Details
    All normal CE's are removed from gacha. Players can roll only non-limited, non-story-locked Servants and event CE's from one of six blocks.

Gacha is a rotating banner, one block per day. August 11th-August 12th is a shared gacha banner when all blocks are present. Shared banner will repeat only on August 19th until 12:59 PM, JST. Refer to the news site for details on which CE's are in which block.

Memorial Quests

Details
    Two Memorial Quests unlock each day at 6PM, JST. Requirements for unlocking: clear the respective chapter and the previous Memorial Quest. EOR MQ require only respective chapter clear. LB1 MQ requires Solomon MQ clear, not Shimousa MQ.

Orleans and LB1 MQ grant CE tickets. Other MQ grant summoning tickets.

Day 1: Orleans and London
    Day 2: Camelot and Timeless Temple
    Day 3: Shinjuku and Shimosa (forced Musashi support?)
    Day 4: LB1 and LB2
    Day 5: LB4 and LB5
    Day 6: ??? (totally not Saber Alter on steroids) - unlock requirement Fuyuki clear, reward not specified

More info to come, more info to be added.

If you want to check what happened last year, here is a link to last year's anniversary. Also, I made a spreadsheet, so you can write what CE's you have for yearly CE hunt.

As for discussion, I have a few questions.

1. What's the bare minimum for you to consider 5th Anniversary a success?
    2. The hardest fight in FGO so far? What kind of mechanics do you want to have in Boss battles? Also, what mechanics do you find the most annoying?
    3. Your fondest memory in FGO? And what things made you mad at FGO/DW/TM?
    4. Your favourite Servants gameplay-wise? At least, one from last year, one from NY 2020 onwards, and one from all 5 years of service.
    5. Top 3 Servants you want to be added in game?
    Last edited by R.Lock; August 10th, 2020 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Stream started

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Everything they put out last year (guaranteed gatcha, lots of free quartz, new 1 and 2 stars, etc) + something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

FYI, there's also a set of things for sale on the aniplex store. Ordered me a clear file, acrylic, and b2 tapestry of Eresh's anniversary image.

Blog Entries
    Right. I forgot cuz I don't pay attention to merch.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    New batch of bronzes.

2. The hardest fight in FGO so far? What kind of mechanics do you want to have in Boss battles? Also, what mechanics do you find the most annoying?
    Kiara. Anything that makes sense for the character, really. Drying the NP gauge right before my turn.

On the story side, I guess the finale to Shinjuku; on the gameplay side, Waver and Jalter came in two consecutive tickets. On the story side, all of Shimousa; on the gameplay side, I was never invested enough to get mad.

4. Your favourite Servants gameplay-wise? At least, one from last year, one from NY 2020 onwards, and one from all 5 years of service.
    It has been Arash since day 1 and I don't see this ever changing. Santa Nightingale (all I wanted both character and gameplay fronts, as her heals make her powercreep Quetz and Nero Caster for my dumb "can I make Arash survive long enough for a second Stella" challenges), Erice (for a lack of better options on this tragically small pool) and Arash (self-explanatory), respectively.

1. Avenger Kohaku because I want to suffer.
    2. Literally any Brazilian hero because we still don't have any. Archer Lampião would be the ideal choice, but at this point I'd be happy with pretty much anything.
    3. Another design by Komatsuzaki. Since he made Dantes literally Komaeda and Cleopatra literally Shirogane, we could also get some Enoshima or Ouma next.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    1. Charl
    2. Karl
    3. Matthew Hopkins

Archimedes, Maxwell Demon, Marie Alter
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Blog Entries
    1. A healthy balance of good stuff and free goodies. I want to be pleasantly surprised.
    2. Gilfest 4 with Nobu/Jeanne/Taiga.
    I want funny yet challenging and approachable boss fights.
    I dont want bullshit amounts of unavoidable / obtuse mechanics. Fuck undispellable buffs and debuffs. Fuck unblockable attacks.
    3. Looking back at it, nothing makes me quite as giddy as early days of FGO when i discovered i could actually play it (on emulator at the time). The days i knew nothing of gacha, ah to be young again.
    MAD: 4 days Ozy gacha into quartz cost reduction. I want my money back.
    4. Servants
    2020 onward: SuperOrion and SpaceIshtar are both superlit (even if Ishtar sucks, the idea of choosing NP color is lit)
    2019: Chen Gong obviously, and Loli Vinci for mostly useless looping
    All time: Jalter, Merlin, Okita, Holmes, Hinako
    5. Top 3 additions:
    Arc, Aoko, Touko

1. Just something new would suffice for me alongside the usual. I'm not expecting much.
    2. Kama/Mara at full bar. I want the mechanics to complement story stuff. Buff removal, Debuff Immunity, and NP drain.
    3. The fight against Kiara. That they don't buff Caster Gilles, goddamnit.
    4. 2020: Super Orion
    2019: Arjuna Alter
    All-time: Waver.
    5. Mother Harlot, Marie Alter, Maxwell Demon.

1. Improve dailies which are completely obsolete at this point, add some weekly content to do so there's a bit variety every week. Absolutely avoid situations of no content at all please.
    - Gilfest 4 with Field trio, I really hate that fight.
    - I'm okay with mechanics that give special buffs or put debuffs on you, they add some variety to the fight. The Fest fights are a good example of that.
    - Every time they make break bars instantly charge NP from 0 to 100 and nuke my ass, it's just a cheap shot at making you lose your front row and always reload the first time I encounter this. Also really boring mechanic.
    - Doing Temple of Solomon alongside everybody else and finally beating Part 1.
    - Ooku event and sudden slowdown of content when we reached Part 2.
    4. Ryuutan and Izou. Altjuna. Rider Kintoki.
    5. Violet, Kazuradrop and Kondou.
    Last edited by Oz1337; August 5th, 2020 at 10:02 AM.

Everyone's all hopeful to get all this cool stuff when we know Anniv is going to give us something shitty like Nemo.

As for my most anticipated Servant of the year, it has to he Proto Merlin.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Everyone's all hopeful to get all this cool stuff when we know Anniv is going to give us something shitty like Nemo.
    What's wrong with the captain?

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    He's a shota for no reason other than being a shota.

Nothing really, other than that boring, uninspired decisions make me zzz

JP Friend Code
    Nothing really, other than that boring, uninspired decisions make me zzz
    As opposed to... Loli Blavatsky?

As opposed to... Loli Blavatsky?
    That owns tho

JP Friend Code
    Let the man be a shota

If only to give the police more evidence against TakaRie

But I'm personally betting on more than one new SSR (or at least gold) Servant this time around.

JP Friend Code

1-) Besides the normal stuff that we expect, like a big injection of quartz, cool new servants to play with, and guaranteed SSR gacha, i would really like something that shakes the current gameplay loop. What Command codes were supposed to be essentially.

2-)Guess it would have to be something like Full Gauge Kama/Mara or no KP Beast Kiara, maybe also unnerfed final first Nero CQ when it was current. As far as the ones i have beaten, King Hassan CQ comes to mind as particularly difficult. As far as annoying mechanics, nothing is more frustrating than forced frontline support in a fight they clearly don't contribute to anything. Also someone pointed out the "Gotcha" break bar full gauge charge, which also deserves a mention.

3-)I really think the launch of CCC event was special. Besides that, getting my first SSR and the end of Babylonia. The thing that made me mad with DW the most was the wide ban on emulators and the hoops you needed to do to play on PC after that.

4-)Super Orion, QSH, Hercules with bond CE. Merlin was fun in the beginning due to how Overpowered he is, but quickly overstayed his welcome due to how necessary he was in almost everything until the game powercrept enough to have alternatives to him.

5-)Tiamat, Aoko, Summer Medusa.
    Last edited by VendingMachine; August 5th, 2020 at 10:53 AM.

Let the man be a shota

If only to give the police more evidence against TakaRie

But I'm personally betting on more than one new SSR (or at least gold) Servant this time around.
    My opposition to him is not that he's a shota it's that everyone and their brother can see him coming from a mile away. I want to be surprised.

JP Friend Code
    My opposition to him is not that he's a shota it's that everyone and their brother can see him coming from a mile away. I want to be surprised.
    When was the last time the anniversary Servant hadn't been telegraphed from a mile away?

Actually, they've always been already known Servants no? Da Vinci, Holmes, Skadi, Da Vinci again...