Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: [JP] FGO 5th Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    When was the last time the anniversary Servant hadn't been telegraphed from a mile away?

Actually, they've always been already known Servants no? Da Vinci, Holmes, Skadi, Da Vinci again...
    Just because it's been traditionally done doesn't mean I have to like it.

Actually, they've always been already known Servants no? Da Vinci, Holmes, Skadi, Da Vinci again...
    Correct.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

US Friend Code
    Anniversary is probably Nemo but there's a chance it's one of the new people from the new opening.

If it is Nemo, I know this is super wishful thinking, but I hope he grows up in one of his ascensions. I want a grizzled captain Servant.

Blog Entries
    Da Vinci and Holmes were highly anticipated even if a bit predictable
    They dropped the ball with Skadi hard but it was at least massive gameplay overhaul servant at the very least
    I would say even loli Vinci was subpar (but it mattered not because 7 bronzes)
    I really dont care for Nemo so far. Granted i dont read the story so. But i do want cool factor and pleasant surprise factor.

Besides when to sequence break if not on a biggest anniversary yet

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Wake me up when there's some fucking actual new content at last.

Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    1. What's the bare minimum for you to consider 5th Anniversary a success?
    For it to have any actual new content of the storyline/characters variety at last. Sorry, guys, but I honestly can't care a single flipping fuck about your rolls and strenghtening quests and whatnots and I have to waddle through all that shit whenever I look for some content and news I'm actually interested on in a given thread.

Nothing personal, glad you enjoy the game itself, or at least enjoy suffering it, as I wouldn't have the lore to start with then, and I'm so thankful with you all for it. But whenever I have to sort out through three pages of game mechanics I can't make heads or tails of just so I can find some characterization or background piece I wanted to read, I get a fucking migraine to rival Nero's. I want those times to stop already and enjoy what I like again.

2. The hardest fight in FGO so far? What kind of mechanics do you want to have in Boss battles? Also, what mechanics do you find the most annoying?
    I have no idea what are you talking about. Yo no hablo tu idioma, lo siento.

I feel sympathy for those who want the Skip Noble Phantasms feature, if they really exist and aren't just a meme, but that might be just I've read too much Riyo. And because, yeah, I suppose some of those 'Charge up fancifully and then shoot a large flashy thing' Phantasms must stop looking cool and become a chore to watch after a while, when you aren't just looking at them in Youtube when you want to feel in awe.

3. Your fondest memory in FGO? And what things made you mad at FGO/DW/TM?
    I loved that End of 2015/New Year 2016 and reading all through that night, the Internet spoilers on the Goetia fight as they happened, while my family snore like hibernating bears (I love my family but they aren't a barrel of fun). The whole Mash and Fou thing really warmed my dead heart for a few hours.

What makes me mad is this feeling I've had since the Lostbelts started, that the whole thing is just skating across molasses and overall, the Servants keep getting lamer, save a few exceptions (Qin Liangyu is a treasure to be cherished, fight me). Granted, this is a feeling I've been having about the whole of Type-Moon, since Tsukihime Remake and II when, and Prillya and Strange/Fake just should either crap or get off the pot already.

4. Your favourite Servants gameplay-wise? At least, one from last year, one from NY 2020 onwards, and one from all 5 years of service.
    Lo siento, yo todavia no entiendo.

I guess I'd like to have Merlin if I played the thing? Jack the Ripper and Heracles are still good to play as, right?

5. Top 3 Servants you want to be added in game?
    Samson, Zealot Assassin, anyone from Latin America who doesn't speak Spanish as awfully as Quetzalcoatl so I don't feel like pulling a paper bag on my head in shame when I'm reading their dialogue.

What's wrong with the captain?
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen design can't be beaten. Ever. End of the discussion.

Last edited by OverMaster; August 5th, 2020 at 11:16 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Besides when to sequence break if not on a biggest anniversary yet
    Sequence break will be not one but four limited SSRs (Nemo + Olympus Trio), all of them silly broken

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I want a grizzled captain Servant.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Taste the Rainbow
    1. "Not-a-flop-tier": free quartz, strengthening quests, new servant, new future servant reveals, shitty new gameplay mechanic, some slight improvement to rolling gacha
    "Actual success tier": An actual gameplay addition that increases our capabilities and therefore allows for more difficult fights
    Sion now accompanies us, letting us bring a second mystic code to fights! The shadow border now has magical artillery that acts as another exp/mat sink that provides various things in battles every X turns like aoe damage+debuff, ST damage+buff removal, whatever! Giant servants (missed the fucking boat with kingprotea) that take up 2-3 slots and have higher stats+aoe attacks!

2. Demeter. It's arguably bad design, but I like fights that can be easily cheesed with a certain gimmick (kinda like 100% def vs nerofes arash, though it was still kinda hard). Fuck forced supports, and please get rid of anything that makes me just restart the app (lol random unbuffed crit OHKOs, break bar 'lol my NP is now fully charged')

5. Tiamat, Demeter, empire of dirt caster some more actual 'woooo humanity' servants like voyager. I'd be interested in seeing their take on Maui too, but I'm not that personally invested

yknow, I can understand and agree with not implementing a skip NP function, so let's compromise and make farming nodes 1-3enemies/1 wave from now on, ok DW?
    Last edited by Skittles; August 5th, 2020 at 11:15 AM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I want a grizzled captain Servant.

Nemo
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    2. The hardest fight in FGO so far? What kind of mechanics do you want to have in Boss battles? Also, what mechanics do you find the most annoying?
    4. Your favourite Servants gameplay-wise? At least, one from last year, one from NY 2020 onwards, and one from all 5 years of service.
    1) Shitton of quartz, either new bronzes or a shitton of animation upgrades, limited SR ticket, and a pleasant surprise.
    2) Never cleared full power Kama, so that. Mechanics that integrate well with the story without completely locking down gameplay. Fuck buff purge, automatic debuff clear on break, and full-draining my MLB Kscope.
    3) Killing Goetia with Marie. Lazy money-grubbing soulless pandering stupid meme-ass aliens and Lovecraft and...
    4) Semiramis, Chen Gong, Ecchan because Cleo is AOE
    5) Helen of Troy, Anansi, Roland
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    yknow, I can understand and agree with not implementing a skip NP function, so let's compromise and make farming nodes 1-3enemies/1 wave from now on, ok DW?
    I'd be happy with them just upping the battle speed again, to like x3 or whatever, because now that we're used to x2 it kinda just stops feeling "fast", and they've said before that because of some stuff it might not even be possible to do an NP skip unless they rewrite some code entirely, so really, just speed it up to the point where it doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    1. It would be hard to top the new bronzes from last year that in itself was the savior for that year. It has to be something good and also in a big quantity. So either another wave of servants or something like a massive ammount of animation update for those still stuck with release animation.

2. The gilfest triple terrain fight really annoyed me honestly. As for gimmicks, I absolutely hated having to bring ortheanus mashu. I have always hated this version of mashu and being forced to put her in the front in Olympus really grinded my gear.

3. Loved the experience of solomon. Absolutely loathe everything to do with the servant universe, and i pray we never get saber wars 3.

4. For 2020 it’s the dioscuri, and it’s really mostly because of their 1st skill. There’s something satisfying about always getting a good chunk of NP and stars no matter if you draw arts or quicks. For all time, unexpectedly i would say amakusa. It’s just fun nope-ing all the buff out of the opponents with an NP that isn’t hard to charge, which is why amakusa, holmes, and merlin are my default CQ team. Though admittedly that fun has decreased a lot with unremoveable buffs becoming super common.

5. Hideyoshi (mostly because i want to see how they try to work in his kit), muramasa+vitch (because i just want the wait for them to be over already), and charlie

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Same as last year, pretty much. QoL changes (which we kinda already got), bronze servants who get to appear in story later, and a lotta quartz. I don't really care about who gets added as anni servant because there's no way it'll be someone I'll roll for.

This far in retrospect I'm not really sure which one I cursed the most, but the first thing that comes to mind is all the xiang yu fights in LB3. I remember getting so mad at those, so probably one of those.
    As for mechanics I like, it mostly comes down to lore/story relevance. I love some of the LB fights where it's something as small as the Crypter supporting their servants with CS. Like Skittles said, it would be really cool to have more new "mechanics systems" entirely though, even if they turn in to new mats/xp sinks.
    Most annoying are the standard fights where they debuff the shit out of you at the start, drain your NP each turn, and NP you every turn with invul pierce. Really fun. And then if you NP seal them they crit you to death. If they even allow you to debuff them at all. Just in general I'd like boss fights to be able to draw out a bit more without having you wipe to a single mistimed enemy NP because they always kill you no matter what.

Probably beating Goetia with Bedivere after playing almost exclusively with him post camelot, even in disadvantage stuff and whatnot. I don't really have anything that got me mad, though, because I don't really play enough to warrant caring that much. Most events I don't even bother to finish and I don't really give a shit about all the dead weeks or whatever, so yeah. On some level I am really disappointed about how some servants were handled though, I guess.

From last year, Arjuna Alter: buster critting everything to death is too good. I haven't actually used anyone new from this year, so can't comment there. And in all years I'd probably have to say someone like summer BB, even though I don't use them that often, just for the extra mechanics they introduce.

Zealot, Perseus, Nobukatsu. Please.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

夜属 Nightkin Irrelevant Passerby's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    It would be incredible if we got a bunch of unreleased servants in a new bronze batch. Maxwell's Demon, Nobukatsu, Agravain, whoever the hell that ginger cowgirl who showed up for a few seconds in Saber Wars 2 was, etc. Honestly, I do just really hope we get another batch of bronzes.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    As for discussion, I have a few questions.

Would like to see a couple of the following done. Preferably all, but I'll take what I can get.

• The usual improvements to summoning, but preferably not via purchasing quartz as has been the norm.
    • Update hit counts when Servants get animation updates so that a vast majority of them aren't stuck in launch hell of 2 hit Arts, 1 hit Buster, and 2 hit Quick. A bunch of the previous animation updates already look like there are multiple hits to them.
    • Updates to how Mana Prisms, Rare Prisms, and Blank Saint Graphs work. Ideally there'd be a way, if limited on a time basis rather than forever limited stock like that one Dreamfire in the MP shop, to convert MP -> RP -> BSG. Also, rework current costs of items in the RP/BSG shop, SR Fours and Lores are fucking ridiculous in terms of cost, and BSG as a "pity system" is a joke as it is now.
    • Some way to outright buy SRs like SSRs can be done with BSGs, preferably with RPs.
    • Bring back older event CEs like Golden Sumo for people that missed the original and rerun of any given event.
    • New Servants added to FP pool, including story locked Rs.
    • Add actual CE XP to the FP pool.
    • Make an up to 100 roll option to the FP pool and for future lottos.
    • Improvements to the CE system:
      • Make leveling CEs do more than just add some extra stats. For example, granting a new effect to the CE if you reach certain level thresholds, such as L/ZO|FC|IA granting X% Attack Up every 20 levels, and similar effects for lower rarity and defensive CEs.
      • Make partial MLB a thing, as in make a CE's effect scale with each copy fed to it, so something like L/ZO isn't just 25%/25%/25%/25%/30% Buster Up but 25%/26%/27%/28%/30%.
      • Buff the actual effects on practically all CEs but the obviously strong ones like Kaleidoscope and Black Grail. Using L/ZO again, make its default 30% and its MLB 50%.
      • Second CE slot.
      • Improve the stats on forced max level CEs like Bond 10 CEs, 100/100 fucking sucks.

• New MC that lets us pick effects from other MCs
    • Edit: Improve Palingenesis:
      • ​Make it so that lower rarity Servants actually get equivalent stats of the higher rarity Servants.
      • Reduce the grail cost of Palingenesis.

Honestly, I'd say card RNG is the hardest fight in general. Really annoying how it can completely make or break certain fights if you start turn 1 with garbage card draw, especially as a newer player.

To get back on topic, not sure what would be the hardest fight. Most of the ones we consider hard can be cheesed via support solo, so I'd probably go with the Shimousa boss fights that forced you to use Musashi in the frontline.

Mechanics that I hate are things other people have mentioned:
    • Unremovable buffs/debuffs being shoved down our throats whenever they want to make something challenging.
    • On the opposite hand, things like BINY Meph fight where he fucking removes your buffs regardless of having 100% Buff Removal Resist.

Why even have these certain mechanics if you're going to ignore them as the dev? I'd rather have more fights like that one Gilgamesh fight from Nerofest where you could remove his buffs, but then he retaliates during his turn for doing so.

Fondest memory as a single thing or as we've seen build up? Not sure what my fondest single thing would be, but Gordolf's character arc has been nice.

The gacha is an obvious thing I hate, but I'd say the one thing I've really been upset with game-wise is the arbitrary decision to not do another Halloween event because lol Reiwa when they didn't even fucking do a Reiwa celebration that practically every other major game did. Yeah, it doesn't have to be about Eli Eli, but Saber Wars 2 was hot garbage where the only redeeming feature was Jane.

2019: Tough choice between Kingprotea, Kama, Hokusai (Saber), and Melt (Lancer). Cooled down a bit on SSR BB.
    2020: Europa or Grand Orion. Caenis was a bit of a letdown.
    Overall: I still hold a soft spot for Kintoki, but Quetz (Samba/Santa) and Altera the Sun(ta) are fun too.

While we're overloaded enough as it is on Greek Servants, Ajax the Greater. Beyond that, it'd be nice if they cut back on all the fanservice demi-Servants.
    Last edited by Trubo; August 5th, 2020 at 07:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

A lot up there I agree with but it reminded me, like why tf do we still not have a way to claim lotto boxes in full yet? That's just inexcusable at this point

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    100 RPs for 1 BSG, avaible once a month.

100 RPs for 1 BSG, avaible once a month.
    prepare to see a lot of those "unwanted SSRs" get thrown into the incinerator

JP Friend Code
    Ask lol
    US Friend Code
    Not as Active, Ask!
    1. I'm not expecting much, just the standard SQs/Quartz at minimum. Want I do want, more bronze servants, animation renewals, more SQs, a new servant I actually want to NP5, and just give us the new chapter already dammit, feed me more lore.

2. King Hassan was the most frustrating fight by far, had to resort to save scumming, so much save scumming. Buff removals/Debuff Immunities are the worst. Forced supports are the fucking worst.

3. The most fun I've had with are the exhibitions matches against Gil and Arash.

4. From 2020, Super Orion, he's really fun to use. Some other favorites are Gil and Ishtar for sure, but I definitely like overkills with Bryn (favorite of all time).

5. Tezcatlipoca, Sun Wukong, Maxwell