Thread: (Always) Looking for New Beta Readers for an Urban Fantasy Novel

Blog Entries

(Always) Looking for New Beta Readers for an Urban Fantasy Novel

It's been a while since I've posted here!

In that time, one of the reasons I went AWOL is because I was focused on getting my book published, and I did!

Well, it's doing well enough that my editor is asking for a sequel, and I'm currently working on it.

However, I need proof readers. Unfortunately, my main proof reader hasn't been able to look at my work in a long time. Real life (AKA the day job) had swallowed him whole. So I'd figured that maybe I'd come back to my old stomping grounds (you know, with my jackboots) to see if I can't get some proof readers and extra eyes on it.

This would be the second book to my "Law Unto Herself" series.

When supernatural forces terrorize the innocent, there stands Law Unto Herself ready to fight the forces of evil. Armed with an absurdly large handgun, a bitching pony car, and a love for heavy metal, she alone stands brazenly against evil in all of its forms.

So it's an urban fantasy with a lady vampire who fights the forces of evil even though it can cost her dearly in the process.

Now, what do you get if you help me pre-read the story?

Well, first off I'll give you a digital copy of the first book at no charge so you have an idea on who everyone is.

Secondly, you'll be listed by name in the acknowledgements section of the book as well; giving you immortality in print and some nerd cred.

If you miss Buffy and it's spin-off Angel, but realize that Joss Whedon is a piece of human offal, please let me know and I'll give you THE HOOK UP.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    It's been a while since I've posted here!

In that time, one of the reasons I went AWOL is because I was focused on getting my book published, and I did!

Well, it's doing well enough that my editor is asking for a sequel, and I'm currently working on it.

However, I need proof readers. Unfortunately, my main proof reader hasn't been able to look at my work in a long time. Real life (AKA the day job) had swallowed him whole. So I'd figured that maybe I'd come back to my old stomping grounds (you know, with my jackboots) to see if I can't get some proof readers and extra eyes on it.

This would be the second book to my "Law Unto Herself" series.

When supernatural forces terrorize the innocent, there stands Law Unto Herself ready to fight the forces of evil. Armed with an absurdly large handgun, a bitching pony car, and a love for heavy metal, she alone stands brazenly against evil in all of its forms.

So it's an urban fantasy with a lady vampire who fights the forces of evil even though it can cost her dearly in the process.

Now, what do you get if you help me pre-read the story?

Well, first off I'll give you a digital copy of the first book at no charge so you have an idea on who everyone is.

Secondly, you'll be listed by name in the acknowledgements section of the book as well; giving you immortality in print and some nerd cred.

If you miss Buffy and it's spin-off Angel, but realize that Joss Whedon is a piece of human offal, please let me know and I'll give you THE HOOK UP.
    Apologies for the wait - I honestly didn't see the message before now. I can't promise much in the way of grammatical correctness, but I am, as ever, at your service.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette