Thread: How exactly is the TOH handling servants from multiple timelines?

How exactly is the TOH handling servants from multiple timelines?

We all know that there are multiple timelines in the nasuverse hence multiple iterations of the same person but how exactly is the throne handling the storage?

Ill give an example. We have 4 timelines and the person in example is saber. Timeline 1 has og saber. Timeline 2 has mostly the same saber with very minute difference. Timeline 3 has lancer arthoria. Timeline 4 has og saber but instead of failing she managed to save camelot.

How do the throne store arthoria? Does it just congregate all four and then slap a label "arthoria" on it? Does the 4 have their each own compartment? Are 1 and 2 congregated provided that their similarities underwhelms their differences?

This has long bug me. I know that a heroic spirit can qualify for multiple classes but mostly they are the same person from the same life. Kid gil, archer gil, caster gil are different classes but are the same person and only came from different point of life of the person gilgamesh. Saber and lancer arthoria however seem very different with each other that the latter is outright called an alternate by her character material.

The Lancer Arthuria you can summon in FGO is similar to the Lion King because the FATE system records the heroic spirits you encounter and makes them summonable.
    Otherwise you should still be able to summon a Lancer Arthuria but she would be the normal Arthuria that uses a lance. At least that's my opinion, even if there are a few that were added to the game before they appeared in the story (like Arthuria Caster that is from a damn lostbelt) that are just there for fan service unless they give us a good in-universe reason.

Imo while the throne is above timelines, you normally shouldn't be able to summon version of a hero from a different timeline than your own.

I also subscribe to the theory that "this reality" doesn't have relics tied to a alternate reality so you can't summon alternate reality servants

Blog Entries
    I suspect that there isn't a formal answer to this, even in Nasu's head. Probably it's as you suggested; the Throne doesn't recognize alternative realities, only Catalysts which may connect to a range of Servant variations... This leaves questions about how figures that never actually existed, like Kojiroh or the various Jeanne Alters and Saber Lily, interact with Catalysts unclear. It also means that in order to summon an AU Servant, the Servant would have to have a Catalyst for the summoner, a la Emiya, or that an AU artifact would have to be deposited in tge current timeline in some way.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Emiya's weird because while he is an AU servant, it's also in the future so it's still unknown if his reality will come to be. The past however is fixed, so Servants like Lion King or Okitan just don't exist. We know the specific past for EMIYA dosn't exist, since he never fought himself (or so he said), but there's still the chance that he could come to exist eventually.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Technically speaking, EMIYA not fighting himself doesn't mean he wasn't the Archer for that war. I'm not sure he counts as AU, either, since Nasu has said it's possible he could derive from the FSN routes with varying percentages. Not counting RN's end. Theoretically, he could still exist because he hasn't been precluded...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Every heroic spirit is in throne. If the said hero didn't have a connection to catylist they wouldn't be summoned. For example proto ozy doesn't have connection as a catylist to our reality therefore it wouldn't be summoned.If there is zero difference as such Arash. It would be considered the same heroic spirit and get combined. There is no such thing as proto arash.