Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall 2020 Anime. Something To Do As The World Burns Down Around Us.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    He already said why power exposition is a thing on this show. If you don't like that, it looks like you're jut gonna have a bad time if you keep watching and hating everyone when they eventually need to do the exposition power boost
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    He's certainly not as bad as the two students, and the speech was cool, but his scene with Gojou is painfully unfunny and he follows up the speech with like 5 dull minutes of him evading fodder while explaining his power in detail.

Besides, as cool as the speech was, it doesn't really add much to the scene or his character. They could've saved it for some scene about how adults create more curses or some horde of really minor curses or something like that.
    Explaining his power was actually justified because of the way Pacts work in this setting (similar to Hunter x Hunter, giving a condition to your special ability like having to call it out before use boosts its power). I actually found it a cool way to justify the usual Shonen "explaining your powers to the enemy" bit. Plus, Nanami's ability was weird enough that if he didn't explain it might've been hard to tell what it actually did. But there's not much point arguing any further about this since taste is obviously subjective.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I got that, but making up a justification for awkward writing doesn't really make it any less awkward.

I'm not dropping it for now, Nobara is too good, but next season has a ton of stuff I'm going to watch so unless things get better by then I'm probably going to give up on this one.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    So that's who OP guy was, Nana's suffering continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fire Force: So, does Tamaki ever win another fight? I don't mind if she has to strip her way out of every fight because I honestly think it's funny, but at this rate her record is worse than Worf during Next Gen. I don't mind if you have her be cool and she draws even and only wins by the power of horny, but so far she just gets beaten down every time and needs to get rescued by someone else. Which is weird because if you wanted to have someone constantly in need of rescue, you have the non-combatant nun right there every time. What story needs two damsels in distress on the same team?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Fire Force: So, does Tamaki ever win another fight? I don't mind if she has to strip her way out of every fight because I honestly think it's funny, but at this rate her record is worse than Worf during Next Gen. I don't mind if you have her be cool and she draws even and only wins by the power of horny, but so far she just gets beaten down every time and needs to get rescued by someone else. Which is weird because if you wanted to have someone constantly in need of rescue, you have the non-combatant nun right there every time. What story needs two damsels in distress on the same team?
    Yeah, the treatment of Tamaki is consistently dumb even for someone like me who usually doesn't mind/enjoys fanservice. Poor girl barely gets to do anything cool despite having a pretty badass looking Ignition ability. Even her special trait, her exceptional heat resistance, just ends up being a way for her to take large amounts of punishment before another character comes to save her. I've heard from manga-readers that she actually does develop and get better starting from the next story-arc (which makes sense, since her helplessness got her friend and possible crush nearly killed), but as of now you're right she pretty much exists to provide fanservice and get rescued.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    So that's who OP guy was, Nana's suffering continues.

You know, up until this episode I was assuming it was the teacher after he pulls an Aizen. Like Nana's only got like four left and then he puts on the good suit, slicks back his hair and reveals that she's expendable now too, and he's there to mop up the leftovers.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    His tongue is for her personal use.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure
    Episode 27: Leomon no! Why do you keep sacrificing yourself? T_T

Anyways, I enjoyed that episode. Having the gang back together felt so rewarding and the climactic fight against Groundramon was so good. Takeru seeing his brother getting hurt and standing up to DarkKnightmon alongside Patamon's Evolution was so cool.

Can't wait to see Angemon vs DarkKnightmon next week.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    inb4 Nana is Kyoya's sister
    canon finish apo vol 3

Fire Force Season 2 Episode 14: I like the new opening and the style of it. Nataku's been traumatized from what Rekka did what to him, and to make things worse he has someone like Kurono to beat him up. The guy's nothing but a bully, but he can fight really well. I was wondering if pyrokinetic powers allowed people to use smoke like that too.... It just had to be someone like him that could.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So Ais kills monsters because monsters kill people... Does she know that people kill people, too? I would be more than happy to educate her. Honestly, that level of ignorance is great when played for comedy, such as Disgaea's Captain Gordon, but for a nominally serious character, it's grating.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Sad once again that Danmachi downplays Bell's injuries, but the solid emotional core remains.

Also ayyyyyyyyy Hermes time.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure Episode 28: Phew, a lot went on in that episode. So many Digimon made appearances it was hard to count but special mention goes to my old favourite Deckerdramon who ate a bunch of Xros Wars Cyberdramon.

I said it before but this definitely feels like the Sephirothmon portion of Frontier where the kids get split up and go through the next stage of character development as they fight on their own. The ghost of WarGreymon future appearing once again solidifies my belief in that - presumably the Megas will be achieved very soon.

Hikari deciding to go with SkullKnightmon was interesting. Considering Takeru was called by Angemon, wouldn't it be an interesting subversion of expectations if Millenniummon was the one to call Hikari and not Tailmon? I'm very interested to see how this plotline unfolds...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Fire Force Season 2 Episode 15: What's wrong Kurono? Don't tell me you've finally met your match. I want Inca to just go away and never show up again, ugh. This is pretty cool though, a three-way battle between Haijima Industries, the White-Clad, and the Fire Force. Who's going to win, and what will happen to Nataku?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe that Michiru is fucking dead.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sleepy Princess: Oh hey, it's just Liz. Redhead with long hair, flat chest, spade tail, idiot, wants to be popular but constantly fails? All she needs is a microphone or a really stupid hat.

Golden Kamuy: Man, I missed these three idiots being together.

Tonikawa: Sponsored this week by Capcpom. Capcom: Please play SFV. We're begging you. Look this cute anime anime girl loves doing SPD's.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Wandering Witch over. Fun show. Elaina is a cute and interesting MC and it was interesting to see the different situations she ended up in, not all of them light hearted. The rest of the recurring cast are also fun
    Million lives S1 done. Pretty interesting isekai. Looking foward to S2. I really like the main cast and I want to see where their characters go from here
    Danmachi III done. Easily best season of Danmachi and really well done. Damn this went places and the last fight was pure hype. I love this show. Have loved since S1
    ToniKawa done. Really sweet and vanilla romcom. Really cute
    Last edited by bassgs435; December 18th, 2020 at 03:27 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    MMMF, that rough art during Asterios's charge. Interesting to see material from I assume Sword Oratoria, but I'd have liked to see more of Bell's rematch. Nice that Asterios got his arm back afterward though.

Season 4 when?
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    been reading so many vns and lns i forgot i was supposed to watch anime.

Higurashi eps 5-8: I like the seeing the characters in this cute art style but other than that... idk. I dont care much about the new stuff. oh well Mion a qt, Shions melons are epic. next up my fave question arc.