Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall 2020 Anime. Something To Do As The World Burns Down Around Us.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Slime Rancher interested me in how it was going to go, but the fact they revealed it's just another Iskeai halfway through almost killed any interest I had. Then I saw a bunch of catgirls in the ED, so maybe I'll hang around until they show up.
    Slime Boy is NOT good isekai. I've read both versions, and the only slightly interesting draw is trying to figure out what the next bizarre variety of slime was going to pop out of the author's imagination just in time to save the day.
    If you loved Kenja no Mago, then you might like this one, too, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Ok Tonikawa, you look like a heartwarming rom-com, why not?
    Hayate the Combat Husband?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Also RWBY didn't invent transforming weapons like that. If anything, Nanoha did. Like the first thing to come to mind with the weapon transformation sequence this episode was Bardiche and in general the transformations of the devices in Nanoha
    It's not about the transforming weapons so much as the "everything is a gun" aesthetic that reminded me of RWBY.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Completely disagree. Also the one fight is better than anything from RWBY, which is honestly worse than most 3DCG anime. Seriously, RWBY's fights only beat absolute disasters like 2010s Berserk
    The thing that puts it below RWBY for me is the individuality that each of those characters brings. All their weapons tend to be wildly different and have very different styles, where I got none of that personality from the short ten second fights in the first episode. MC barely uses hers, but she's new, Sword girl does three parries then shoots, and axe(?) girl does one swing.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Irregular: Episode 1 Onii-sama count - 2. Wow, she's a terrible spy. You head group called Stars, why do choose to be the only person with stars on her school uniform? Even your cover identity is named Sheilds, but your real is Sirius. Come on.

Love Live: It happens every time there's a new season, but I can never get over how Sunrise has probably the best integration of 2d and 3d animation and they use it Love Live and the occasional Gundam series. It makes sense, they're two of the biggest cash cows the company has, but it feels weird watching, let's say the finale of No Guns Life, and thinking "Man, Love Live looks so much better than this". New cast looks fun so far, Twintails looks so much better with her hair down though.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    oh shit Assault lily bouquet OP is by Raise a Suilen, based bandori chads we winning.

There were a couple shots where I noticed Yuyu-sama literally transformed into k-on, but turns out there was KyoAni on the staff.

I just finished watching the Burn The Witch, and it was amazing. Man, I didn't think the battle with Cinderella caused that much damage, it wrecked all the buildings around it. And to think that there are 6 more dragons like that, and the Top of the Horns plan on using Balgo to draw them out. The animation, the familiar expressions, and the additional scenes were so good. I wish they would have animated the one-shot though, but besides that, I really liked the movie. Can't wait for Season 2.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watched the first ep of Assault Lily: Bouquet this morning. Pretty fun all-around. Premise was rather broad-brush, but the characters were lively and the action-scenes very well animated. Plus, yuri. As a shameless girl's love fanboy I definitely enjoyed all those scenes of Riri fangirling over Yuyu and Kaede doing the same to Araya/Riri herself later.

The show is also setting up a bit of a mystery over why Yuyu become so emotionally closed-off from being the kind and confident warrior Riri admired as a child. I bet her partner that showed up in the episode's last scene is actually a ghost/hallucination of Yuyu's. She died in the last battle Riri escaped from, and the trauma of being unable to protect her lead Yuyu to develop her current lone-wolf personality. That'd be the most obvious twist so far and it explains why white-hair girl wasn't part of the opening ceremony with all the others.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; October 7th, 2020 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Corrected MC's name

FUCKING LOL, so Higurashi isnt a remake after all, its an anime original sequel that for the time being is still following Onikakushi-hen.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    We are definitely bamboozled. I'm here for R07's wild ride. And Kodaka is having his show the same day. Oh boy
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

On one hand im a little bummed that i wont get a proper Tsumihoroboshi adaption out of this, imo Ryukishis career peaked HARD on tsumi and never came close again, but on the other at least this should be interesting.

Aww yiss. I've been rereading the VNs and was worried I'd get bored of just seeing it again in the new adaption, but now I've got fresh new intrigue to keep me going

Lets just hope this goes better than when Nasu tried the same gimmick.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Yeeeeeeeeeah. Last Encore flashbaks. At least there's DEEN for a normal adaptation of the source, which EXTRA didn't have. And the source itself is a simple VN where all you've got to do is read instead of a frustrating RPS experience. Also, it's on STEAM. Far more accessible than an obscure PSP RPG was when Last Encore came out
    So, eh. Turns badly and we can forget it like what happened to Last Encore

- - - Updated - - -

That said, long as R07 didn't write a huge book and the anime script's the result of clumsily cutting things out from said book and it can be understood what's going on, it'll be better than LE
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    On one hand im a little bummed that i wont get a proper Tsumihoroboshi adaption out of this, imo Ryukishis career peaked HARD on tsumi and never came close again, but on the other at least this should be interesting.
    That's a solid take I can accept, as long as we admit that Meakashi is his best work.

It remains to be seen how bad the anime exclusive arcs are going to be.
    Are they going to be as bad as everything published after Matsuribayashi sans Rei, the actual epilogue to Higurashi replacing the second part of Matsuri?
    Are they going to be as bad as PS3 VN arcs with literal ancient aliens that completely overhaul the entire thing?
    Are they going to be as bad as DEEN anime exclusive arcs that are utterly pointless padding because DEEN cannot into pacing and the second season would have been literally just two arcs of the novel, not even Saikoroshi?
    Are they going to be as bad as manga exclusive arcs that have literally nothing to do with Higurashi at all except mentioning Hinamizawa offhandedly?

Are they going to be as bad as Umineko E8?

I'd love to think the official solution to Umineko is deception on part of the author to conceal the truth of Rokkenjima forever in proper meta manner, but the simpler solution is that Ryukishi is a hack that had one good story in him that ended 3/4s through Higurashi.

Grab your cleaver and meet me at the school roof cause we gotta have to fight about this one, Meakashi is high tier but Tsumihoroboshi is god tier.

I thought the first maybe 25% or so of Miotsukushi was better than the actual matsuribayashi, until it then devolved into super weird supernatural bullshit and the same home alone shit that screws matsuri but even worse. It always bummed me that the final arc of this long ass series did a pretty poor job of giving meaningful screentime to most of the core cast, Miotsukushi kinda tries to redeem that but then it shits the bed big time.

I noticed theres a huge mansion flashing in the OP, I hope its just Shions ojousama school or something and not an attempt to tie Rokkenjima into this...

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Akudama Drive looks cool

ALB and Jujutsu also has nice production value

Danmachi also gonna be big
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; October 10th, 2020 at 04:19 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Fire Force Season 2 Episode 9: Arthur is some kind of idiot savant. He figured out that those stone tablets in the tabernacle, might be pi of all things. Then there's the discovery that the source of Amaterasu's power and that of the tabernacle might just be a human being with a Edolla Burst. But the story at the beginning said that Raffles found an unsullied flame in the destruction, and it was a flame, not a person. Those animals have been around for a while though..., so maybe someone has been in Amaterasu for that long... And then the whole thing with human sacrifice, things keep getting more interesting, that's for sure.

I have no idea what's going on with Juggernaut's body. What happened with him is as weird as crap. Ogun's Flamy Ink is amazing, it lets him achieve the same kind of power as Captain Burns for a short amount time. But even that wasn't enough to destroy the Demon... Shinra might be able to get a bit of grace from the Woman in Black, but it would only be for second. Shinra says that's fine though, that's all that he'll need. I liked that answer. It was an amazing episode.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I have no idea what's going on with Juggernaut's body. What happened with him is as weird as crap.
    He's just so bundled up in his coats that he can kind of wriggle around so attacks just end up passing through the fabric. At least, that's what I figured.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Jujutsu Kaisen's ED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Kamisama day was funny and good i like it. Baseball already in the first ep, Maeda isnt wasting time lmfao.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    In which things get worse for Bell and his stray monster girl.

The Adidas Familia looms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3