Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall 2020 Anime. Something To Do As The World Burns Down Around Us.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Too that that Higurashi's mysterious goings-on aren't vampire-related. Ciel seems pretty useless right about now.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Nice insert song in Danmachi, and great work on Aiz vs. Asterios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Daaammn Danmachi intro.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Fire Force Season 2 Episode 13: So that's how Captain Burns and Joker know each other. They worked together and experienced a Adolla Link which made them each lose one eye. It's shame that they didn't fight like in the opening, but the information from the diary makes up for it. That guy in the White Clad that can change people's faces took the place of Raffles the First and founded the The Holy Temple of Sol for the Evangelist, he's not human. Yet, the people that run it now don't know about that. Lisa showed up again at the 8th, but she's not completely well. Oh, and the Evangelist has to have some connection to Haijima Industries, with those scientists and the person that runs the place talking about the bugs. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the White Clad and the Evangelist had more people inside the Fire Force or the military in more high ranking positions. This has turned into a big conspiracy.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Episode 5 of Kamisama ni Natta Hi has Yota being uncomfortable confessing his love, given that he believes that his methods to get to that point, with the so-called "underworld phone", are cheating. However, in Skyrim, there is literally a matchmaking quest where you get 2 people together by buying a poem written by a third-party bard and just changing the names around.
    Episode 6 of Kamisama ni Natta Hi: So-called lolicons who aren't into the old-timey speech? What is this blasphemy?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; November 21st, 2020 at 07:11 PM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure Episode 25: Considering this week's episode of Pokémon as well, this episode was likely meant to be the start of the Winter Season had Covid not screwed up the schedule. But whatever the case, it was nice to have a "breather" episode after the gigantic climax of DoneDevimon. Nice to see the Leomon crew reunite with the heroes, hopefully that'll last for a while. I did chuckle at the whole Mamemon situation (sadly no MetalMamemon) and seeing them pop like balloons at the end was darkly humorous. Interesting that Hikari is with the B-Team again, wonder if that'll play into anything...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, of course, the new character from the Moriarty series is, no shit, Sherlock.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Well, of course, the new character from the Moriarty series is, no shit, Sherlock.

I'm actually surprised he shows up here. I'd have expected them to either have him show up at the start pulling a L and stalking Moriatry everywhere and implying that he knows, or they'd leave him for the finale, like the last scene of episode 11 and then have him be the main roadblock for the 12.

Speaking of pretty boy criminals, they're definitely planning Jack the Ripper, right?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Too that that Higurashi's mysterious goings-on aren't vampire-related. Ciel seems pretty useless right about now.
    I feel bad about everyone who died....
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oh shit, how's Nana gonna get out of this one?
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    They cut the Gudao/Matt selfie in Tonikawa ;_;
    canon finish apo vol 3

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Holy shit. Dr Giovanni is now Zouken. Disgusting motherfucker. Also, love Arthur getting him with a powerup based on "no thoughts:head empty" that he tries to spin as some kind of super enlightened state.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I never quite understood whether the adventurers in Danmachi were just mercenaries and whether they can serve as actual law enforcement. If the former, that makes things easier. After all, Elder Scrolls taught me that there is much pleasure in killing people after you verbally provoke them to attack you first, so that you don't get charged with murder.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Holy shit. Dr Giovanni is now Zouken. Disgusting motherfucker. Also, love Arthur getting him with a powerup based on "no thoughts:head empty" that he tries to spin as some kind of super enlightened state.
    I mean, that is how those types of enlightenment powers tend to work in anime, so maybe Ohkubo was parodying that and the real concept of zen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I never quite understood whether the adventurers in Danmachi were just mercenaries and whether they can serve as actual law enforcement. If the former, that makes things easier. After all, Elder Scrolls taught me that there is much pleasure in killing people after you verbally provoke them to attack you first, so that you don't get charged with murder.
    Practically speaking, Ganesha Familia is the primary lawkeeping familia, with Loki and Freya stepping in for heavier hitters at the Guild's request.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Adventure Episode 26: The gang is finally all together, all eight of them at last. Nice to see the B-Plot from the last couple of episodes wasn't just a distraction and will tie into the next arc. Sad to see my favourite water Digimon - Ebidramon show up just to be a complete jobber against Seadramon. The arrial of Hikari has me interested in how that'll affect Taichi's character since now his little sister will be in constant danger. :O

That preview for the next episode though...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I was really praising Jujutsu's comedy at the start, saying it was good to have a shounen that can actually make me laugh, but these last episodes are making me regret it.

If every new character is going to be this insufferable, I'd rather he just stopped introducing them. This new kid is marginally interesting, but the other two from last episode and the glasses guy are just awful.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I was really praising Jujutsu's comedy at the start, saying it was good to have a shounen that can actually make me laugh, but these last episodes are making me regret it.

If every new character is going to be this insufferable, I'd rather he just stopped introducing them. This new kid is marginally interesting, but the other two from last episode and the glasses guy are just awful.
    I get not liking Todo (personally I thought his abrupt "what's your taste in women?" followed by ripping his shirt off moment was hilarious, but he definitely fits the "loud obnoxious meathead" archetype which is always an acquired taste), but Nanami? Not only is he a badass dignified older man who doesn't get slotted into the eccentric/pervy mentor figure role, but his "adulthood is the accumulation of small despairs" speech was so good. I'm surprised he'd land on your list of least favorite characters. Then again I guess this sort of thing is always subjective...

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe you'd slander Nanamin in this fashion.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He's certainly not as bad as the two students, and the speech was cool, but his scene with Gojou is painfully unfunny and he follows up the speech with like 5 dull minutes of him evading fodder while explaining his power in detail.

Besides, as cool as the speech was, it doesn't really add much to the scene or his character. They could've saved it for some scene about how adults create more curses or some horde of really minor curses or something like that.