Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall 2020 Anime. Something To Do As The World Burns Down Around Us.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I watch watching Sport Climber Girls and I got to thinking, is this the most ridiculous highschool sport club anime?

Sure there's been stupider sports, and literal time wasting clubs, but do any have such obtuse and dedicated equipment as an entire rock climbing setup? It's not even something that can be used regularly by the school since it's too small for class use, and in a corner of the yard rather than with the other sports fields. It just seems like it's incredible wasteful on the schools end of things. Before this came around I though that Sumo anime from a few years back was the king, just because while the area is pretty small the school all built full separate gyms around them, but this seems way more out there since at least you can re-purpose a gym as a delinquent hangout but what can you do with four 25 foot modular walls?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Fire Force Season 2 Episode 12: So Benimaru got poisoned by a blowdart, but it didn't take that long for him to shrug it off. So the Holy Temple of Sol has a secret force of soldiers to do their dirty work and Joker was one of them. They'll even kill innocent people... The fights in this episode amazing, Benimaru vs those soldiers and Joker fighting his old commander. The way that he won in the end by using psychedelic smoke and the effects were so cool. I didn't think he'd chop him though, not that he didn't deserve something like that. But why is Captain Burns there? What's his connection to all of this?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watched ep 19 of Fire Force season 2. It's been a while since I saw it, but back in S1 when Maki's military past was brought up, I had the impression she was being trained for actual frontline duties, and left because she wanted to save people as part of the Fire Force instead of just killing in wars. So it was a little jarring to see her father apparently only wants her to be a glorified secretary, unless he got more overprotective in her absence.

Have to say Hinawa came off as a huge jerk in this episode when he told Maki to go back to the military. His explanation that it's too dangerous with the White-Clads active is BS when everyone on the team is fighting and risking their lives, and Maki can hold her own as well as any of the rest. Not sure why he's being so weirdly chivalrous all of a sudden, and it rubs me the wrong way that everyone's making decisions for Maki's wellbeing without even caring what she feels on the matter. Obviously I don't think for a second that Maki's retirement from the team is actually permanent, but I'm still curious where this plotline will lead...

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It's all coming together in Danmachi, and I love to see it. I expected to see more blood from the Xenos melee, tbh; that segment felt more chaotic in the LN. Time for Dix to show his stuff, and I'm hype for it.

Tonikawa's been coming into its own these last few episodes with comedy and fluff, and I felt those back cracks of Nasa.

Sukuna acing Yuuji in an instant the moment things got serious was just as based as in the manga. Also whew at Senpai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure Episode 23: That was a good episode. Devimon using the miasma to enhance his attacks was cool and him slapping he heroes while still in Champion form was awesome. Then him becoming NeoDevimon was great so we could finally see it in anime form at last. So glad that DarkKnightmon wasn't a one and done enemy of the week and is returning to serve the mysterious crystal which is looking more and more like Milleniummon is the true bad guy of this series.

Can't wait for next week where it looks like we might be getting Taichi's Dark Evolution finally.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Can't wait for Mugendramon

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

Nana is cute.

Yuka is also cute.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's kind of amazing how everything about Akudama Drive is so polished but the OP is so fucking awful.

I was really hoping the giant robot under the tarp in Sleepy Princess was just going to be an Eva with how much Gearbolt was just Gendo. But she'll still crush you in two seconds to preserve her family's dignity.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Bell's earnest goodness breaks through Dix's selfish madness and cruelty as a beautiful rejection of an unfair world, but now the suffering really gets to begin. Thank heavens the VAs are killing it and for the animators making the most of what little they have, because that opening really didn't give me hope for the episode.

Spoiler:
    [Hopefully the ending makes more sense than in the novels, where everyone just sort of ignored Bell shooting at people cuz he fought a monster real good.]
    canon finish apo vol 3

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Jesus Jujutsu went and gave their teacher character a chuunige-tier power. With this, I mean that his power is the kind of OP hard to understand but sounds cool weird power that you'd see in something like Dies irae or other works by Masada. Damn, Gojo is so cool. Definitely the strongest sorceror, dude was just stating facts when he said he's the strongest when Yuuji was going to meet the principal.
    Really cool fight
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hotter than Jougo, stronger than Jougo, Gojou is a rude motherfucker.

And Jesus H. Christ that soccer game, art.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Bell's earnest goodness breaks through Dix's selfish madness and cruelty as a beautiful rejection of an unfair world, but now the suffering really gets to begin. Thank heavens the VAs are killing it and for the animators making the most of what little they have, because that opening really didn't give me hope for the episode.

Spoiler:
    [Hopefully the ending makes more sense than in the novels, where everyone just sort of ignored Bell shooting at people cuz he fought a monster real good.]
    I don't think I've watched past episode 2 of this DanMachi season. For some reason it just doesn't draw my interest, even as a thing I put on and half pay attention to while grinding Azur Lane/FGO.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    oh my god
    Spoiler:
    mugendramon

yesssssssssss

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure
    Episode 24: Damn, that was a good episode. DoneDevimon was so menacing despite its lack of intelligence, which the whole "only his powers Evolved" was an interesting way to play it. Taichi protecting Yamato from the Miasma was a total bro moment and his rage when Takeru was in danger was righteous. We finally got ghe Dark Evolution that was foreshadowed even if it was only a faux-Evolution taking the Aura of Machinedramon but it was still extremely badass and I got very emotional when Angemon went into Agumon's mind to calm him down which revealed a sneak preview of WarGreymon to finish off Devimon.

Can't wait to see where this series goes next!
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Jesus Jujutsu went and gave their teacher character a chuunige-tier power. With this, I mean that his power is the kind of OP hard to understand but sounds cool weird power that you'd see in something like Dies irae or other works by Masada. Damn, Gojo is so cool. Definitely the strongest sorceror, dude was just stating facts when he said he's the strongest when Yuuji was going to meet the principal.
    Really cool fight
    The manga only reinforces this fact again and again. Gojou Satoru is the strongest, but as he says, the kids, or at least Megumi and Yuuji, can get to his level.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; November 15th, 2020 at 03:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    ...Yuka's still cute though.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Yes
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The Moriarty anime does for Moriarty what Souten Kouro did for Cao Cao. In other words, kept their actions the same but added to the motivation. In Moriarty the Patriot, Moriarty is all about tearing down the concept of nobility. Meanwhile, in the Game of Shadows movie, Moriarty wanted to start a war. Naturally, in that movie, Moriarty is motivated by greed. However, if we take that same action and just use Moriarty the Patriot's motivation that essentially makes him as Cao Cao of Souten Kouro (provoked the Yellow Turbans into rebelling) and Edelgard of Fire Emblem (worked with the Agarthans) with basically the same motivation.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Jujitsu Kaisen: Hot damn that Gojuo track. I love hearing classic instrumentals overlayed with rap as battle themes. Libra Me from Hell is a pinnacle but this one sounds pretty good. Oh and jujustu is basically a bunch of Reality Marbles. But that music though.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Jujitsu Kaisen: Hot damn that Gojuo track. I love hearing classic instrumentals overlayed with rap as battle themes. Libra Me from Hell is a pinnacle but this one sounds pretty good. Oh and jujustu is basically a bunch of Reality Marbles. But that music though.
    Mappa has been killing it with Jujutsu Kaisen, and yeah, Jujutsu and Nasuverse Bounded Fields and RMs are based on the same Japanese Buddhist concept.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; November 17th, 2020 at 04:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself