Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
So I don't understand the plot behind this arc of DanMachi. They keep talking about how they can't have monsters around their Familia, but isn't there a bunch of them like Genesh that collect a ton of monsters? Like that ape thing from the start of the series was theirs right?
Ganesha Familia tames monsters and keeps them carefully controlled like the wild murderbeasts they are for public events like the Monsterphilia where they're slaughtered for glory. I haven't read the Sword Oratoria novels in case there's more detail there, but I assume they don't just keep a bunch of monsters around the city at all times, instead only doing so for specific events. Meanwhile Hestia Familia smuggled an untamed monster out of the Dungeon that's totally harmless really we swear with literally zero restrictions on it. Those selfish psychos, endangering the lives of the citizens for their own foolish whim. What, is Bell some kind of monster-thirsting degenerate? Are they trying to line up a hit on a rival? Most of all, society can't accept the existence of talking monsters not possessed of an insatiable drive to murderize sapients, because that society is built on murdering monsters en masse. Look at how Bell nearly died to some jobber monsters because he went on easy them after having his worldview rattled like a quarter in a washer.