Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Been away since 2012...back and trying to catchup but have some questions

Been away since 2012...back and trying to catchup but have some questions

I was away since around 2012-2013 and now and again I watched a few FSN spin off anime series but now I'm back and trying to understand the current situation of the TM universe.

So from my understanding is that the FSN series pretty much consumed most of TM..... that's all I really hear or see from TM nowadays. My questions below:

1. Seems like FGO really f-d things up? or my impression is wrong? Tsukihime and FSN are now separate universes? Dead Apostles are called Superior Dead Apostles? https://aminoapps.com/c/fate-stay-ni...Q40z6KbpwEDgNN (Is this a valid source for TM stuff?)

2. Are servants power scaling still the same when FSN was out or is it getting out of hand with all these FSN spin off series and servants going around?

My understanding of power is base back in 2011 similar to this https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ower-Tier-List (I know its not concrete and opinionated and depending on situation) but have anyone or any thing else new shot up the ranks since then?

3. Also where the heck is Tsukihime remake? I been gone for all this time and seems like no word on it? lol

4. How is board still alive? I thought everything went to reddit or discord? (joking joking, I'm glad this is still around, one of my main hangout sites back before those came around)

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get back into things but for now that's mainly my big impressions and questions on the current TM universe.
    Last edited by nhat; December 5th, 2020 at 06:50 PM.

I'd say welcome back but current TM isn't exactly something to welcome old fans back to.

1. Seems like FGO really f-d things up? or my impression is wrong?
    That is a bit of an understatement.

Tsukihime and FSN are now separate universes? Dead Apostles are called Superior Dead Apostles?
    Yes. A consequence of the deal is that DAA are not called DAA in Fate works for marketing reasons.

2. Are servants power scaling still the same when FSN was out or is it getting out of hand with all these FSN spin off series and servants going around?

My understanding of power is base back in 2011 similar to this https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ower-Tier-List (I know its not concrete and opinionated and depending on situation) but have anyone or any thing else new shot up the ranks since then?
    Out of hand, and too many things. Let's say there's good incentive to give up powerlevels forever.

3. Also where the heck is Tsukihime remake? I been gone for all this time and seems like no word on it? lol
    Nonexistent, as it always has been.

4. How is board still alive? I thought everything went to reddit or discord? (joking joking, I'm glad this is still around, one of my main hangout sites back before those came around)
    They did, but they still have to crib translations and info from somewhere. Speaking of which, welcome back to BL.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get back into things but for now that's mainly my big impressions and questions on the current TM universe.
    Advice if you like Servants and dumb weeb shit: look up FGO, you can play it on the toilet or something.
    Advice if you like TM as a whole but don't care for FGO: check out the spinoff series, some are not awful.
    Advice if you like Tsukihime: give up.

Thanks for answering my questions. It all sounds very.... depressing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    That is a bit of an understatement.
    Wow...I was hoping I was over reacting but I guess I wasn't over reacting enough lol. I can't believe a single mobile game twisted this great universe to what it is now...

Yes. A consequence of the deal is that DAA are not called DAA in Fate works for marketing reasons.
    Super interesting read, thanks.

Out of hand, and too many things. Let's say there's good incentive to give up powerlevels forever.
    Urgh noooooo. It feels at this rate servants can go up against Arcueid 100% or even a freaking Type-planet if they aren't already that point lol.

Advice if you like Tsukihime: give up
    I freaking love Tsukihime, main reason I love TM. I feel like I'm in a bad ending timeline lol. Get me out of here

Speaking of which, welcome back to BL..
    Haha thanks. Glad to be back (even though this should be the Tsukihime timeline and not FSN) and this forum is still here
    Last edited by nhat; December 5th, 2020 at 08:10 PM.

Power levels are a yes and no answer honestly. It really depends. Even without changing anything about them the original servants are still the top of the mountain.

shounen super escalation without elegance is a thing in FGO however.

As far as FGO goes I’m personally in a semi-hibernation until we get something else at this point for TM stuff.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Who knows, maybe you'll like what FGO brings to the table.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Who knows, maybe you'll like what FGO brings to the table.
    I don't have a problem with the Fate franchise directly, I like Fate, my issue is that indirectly it seems like a lot of time and resources are towards FGO and it's many sequels when potentially it could create other great, unique and/or updated works. Also it feel like they have written themselves in a corner figuring out new material and modifying the TM universe just to fit FGO story which generally isn't a good sign of quality.

Coming from pre-2012, most of TM works output were fairly equal. Ideally I would love it that they can pump out as much quality content of other TM as much works as Fate but guess at the moment it's just Fate.
    Last edited by nhat; December 5th, 2020 at 11:31 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I sometimes think Mahoyo not selling well broke something in Nasu.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=nhat;3097726]Thanks for answering my questions. It all sounds very.... depressing lol.

Yes, it's called the Tsukihime Deprived Virus.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nhat View Post
    Wow...I was hoping I was over reacting but I guess I wasn't over reacting enough lol. I can't believe a single mobile game twisted this great universe to what it is now
    you just walked out of a time machine to a hellscape, my friend. These phone games are really doing some work in fucking up everything.

Advice if you like Tsukihime: give up.
    Noooooo....

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    W-well there is the Melty discord, plenty of Tsukihime fans there. You can come play Melty with us!

Ot is also the second most hard R rated fighting game discord after Touhou Hisoutensoku. I wonder what the correlation is?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Do MUGEN sprites count?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by nhat View Post
    1. Seems like FGO really f-d things up?
    yes

Check out Case File and Strange Fake, they're good.
    Last edited by Crown; December 6th, 2020 at 04:08 PM.

Check out case files, it’s good.

strange fake is not. TBH it’s the ready player one of Fate.

Case Files is the Methods of Rationality of Fate fanfiction. Read Strange Fake, the distilled essence of HGW pogchamp instead.

Case files is the pratical demonstration that any Type Moon work centered exclusively on the Association would be incredibly boring. I think it's, like the second or third worst between all the mediocre fate spin offs.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It's funny that you're equating it being boring with it being set in the clock tower, rather than because it focuses on Waver.

Waver is boring.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Maybe. But I'm not so sure that a different main character would solve my problems with Case Files.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    It's funny that you're equating it being boring with it being set in the clock tower, rather than because it focuses on Waver.

Waver is boring.
    I'll never understand why they started pushing him so hard.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Waver is boring.
    Waver's only boring after the 4th War. Beforehand when he's a tiny ball of conflicting inferiority complex and overinflated ego, he's great. It's hard to make a character compelling when he's already gone through his story arc.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.