Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15202324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Sakura's problem: I still confuse about Magic Crest and Sealing designations.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thing is, if the supposedly humane way to deal with spare successors is giving them away, what would more callous magi do with them? Euthanize them? Turn them into mystic codes for the successor to use?
    don't quote me on this

Isn't we seen how they can treat a successor follow the brutal way ( look at Sakura's case)?

Have many way to treat the other child:

- Raise them in the secret, don't let them know about magecraft.
    - Teach them how to control their power, to live their life in peace.
    - Train them as the Magus or spellcaster, but not give them Magic Crest.
    - Teach magecraft to every of your children, order them to kill each other, and give Magic Crest to the winner.
    - Use them as the experimental thing.
    ... and ...
    Last edited by kohaku; February 28th, 2021 at 07:51 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post
    Isn't we seen how they can treat a successor follow the brutal way ( look at Sakura's case)?

Have many way to treat the other child:

- Raise them in the secret, don't let them know about magecraft.
    - Teach them how to control their power, to live their life in peace.
    - Train them as the Magus or spellcaster, but not give them Magic Crest.
    - Teach magecraft to every of your children, order them to kill each other, and give Magic Crest to the winner.
    - Use them as the experimental thing.
    ... and ...
    Arranged marriages to other Mage families for political advantage like with Sola.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Doesn't Rin having five elements simply mean that she has affinity with all five? Magi who only have one affinity doesn't mean that they can't use the other four, it's more like they're better at said element than others.

Sure, it makes her special, but not special enough to warrant a SD personally.
    Elements have their own thing like you couldn’t use the Mercury blob of Kayneth if you don’t have an element of flow like air and water which he used together. Nor could you make something like Kerry’s origin bullet without earth to bind with your body into boolet into target. Well to an extent you can but it’s pretty different and doesn’t work as well etc. The op part about average one is being able to do everything and the idea that you’re able to handle everything in existence in a sense tbh.

As far as spares go making them into part of a succession ritual probably isn’t that odd. Hell be Kengan Asura. Don’t even have to be a magus to lock up a bunch of people and have them fight to death so the survivor absorbs the grudges of the others and becomes a gu pot human martial artist.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Arranged marriages to other Mage families for political advantage like with Sola.
    at first, they trained Sola to become the Magus, to support her family in the conflict. After that, they send her to the political marriage.

Summary.

Because it only the tradition, " you will not die/ not become the Magus just because you don't follow that tradition". So, follow their situation, they will have different decisions.

In Sakura's case, if Tokiomi doesn't have anyone to believe, he can teach her some basic magecraft, and send her to someone as Kariya or Aoi's family. They will help to raise her as the normal people - who knows about her power, but knows how to control it to enjoy a normal life. The key to live in peace is never reveal that you are the Magus.

The trouble is, he wants everyone of them became not only the great Magus, but also the family's heir. And he play the gamble, draw the good dream follow his idea that " they will raise my daughter to become both Magus and family's heir, because their bloodline is declining."

-------------
    Well, that logic maybe possible, if Sakura is the male ( although " he" still is raped by the worms. But at least, they will teach " him" to become the great Magus).

If Sakura is the female, all they need to revive their bloodline is gangrape her until she is give birth to their next generation. They don't even need to keep her mind alive, all they need is her womb still working.

I think Tokiomi not only inhuman under human's view, but also too stupid under Magus'view.
    Last edited by kohaku; February 28th, 2021 at 08:17 AM.

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Then again, we barely know how much Tokiomi cared about Sakura even before giving her away. We've been shown that he was a good father-figure to Rin and Aoi also comments that he was a good dad overall, but how much of it can be applied to his relationship with Sakura? Then again, maybe he DID believe that, say, Byakuya who he didn't know personally will actually teach her out of despair. Ironically enouth, Tokiomi himself never mentions this sort of things (at least I didn't notice when reading).

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Elements have their own thing like you couldn’t use the Mercury blob of Kayneth if you don’t have an element of flow like air and water which he used together. Nor could you make something like Kerry’s origin bullet without earth to bind with your body into boolet into target. Well to an extent you can but it’s pretty different and doesn’t work as well etc. The op part about average one is being able to do everything and the idea that you’re able to handle everything in existence in a sense tbh.
    If Volumen cannot be used without affinity for both air and water, then how come Reines, whose affinity is just water, can control it?

But I digress. I agree that Average One is op because they're basically master of all in magecraft, but it's not impossible for other magi to use other elements, no matter how incompatible they are. What I mean is that MA seems to favor 'uniqueness' over how op a magecraft is as a standard for Sealing, so Rin is less likely to be a target there.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In Sakura's case, if Tokiomi doesn't have anyone to believe, he can teach her some basic magecraft, and send her to someone as Kariya or Aoi's family. They will help to raise her as the normal people - who knows about her power, but knows how to control it to enjoy a normal life. The key to live in peace is never reveal that you are the Magus.
    Supposedly she's way too talented/powerful for her to expect to live a muggle life without drawing the attention of other supernaturals.

Maybe in some alternate timeline he gives her away to the Church or something.
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Supposedly she's way too talented/powerful for her to expect to live a muggle life without drawing the attention of other supernaturals.

say the truth. Shiki Ryougi, Shiki Tohno, any main character of Typemoon ever not too talented/powerful? Their power usually is unique, and they have to study to control their power by themselves. All of them live beside the normal society, and nothing happened.

Shiki Ryougi in more dangerous situation than Sakura,too. She has her mystic eyes, and she uses it too many time. It isn't the good way to keep your power in secret.

Sakura? She just use her Hollow around 4 time during a week of HF route. And she controlled it, live in peace for the rest of her life ( Normal End). Of course, they never can get away from the supernaturals totally. But it isn't mean their life will become the mess,too.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shiki and Shiki, and even Shirou, are not people the Clock Tower now that exists, though. Sakura is born from a mage family with a good land, so she has a real chance to be found.

Sealing designations changed from being the main job of the enforcers to something they'd be lucky to go after once during their career. There's no reason why the criteria of qualifying for one couldn't have changed in Nasu's head as well.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    It's kind of impressive that this is still going on.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post

Unlikely, because Tokiomi's other thing is wanting his daughters to reach their full potential as Magi, which the church couldn't (and wouldn't) do.

Though it does bring up the amusing thought of Sakura Kotomine, heir of the totally legit Kotomine Magus family.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    She'd probably still be mentally screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    She'd probably still be mentally screwed up.

She'd definitely still be mentally screwed up, Kirei isn't exactly father of the year material.

That said, at the very least she wouldn't be the ticking time-bomb of repressed resentment, anger, and self-loathing attached to a pseudo-god that she was in the VN.

(Seriously, I don't think there was a worse person on the planet to give Sakura to then Zouken, Tokiomi really fucked up like a champ on that one.)

If Sakura is the female, all they need to revive their bloodline is gangrape her until she is give birth to their next generation. They don't even need to keep her mind alive, all they need is her womb still working.
    What the fuck am I reading...

Spoiler:

No wonder people looking from the outside think that hardcore Fate/Type Moon fans are a bunch of freaking weirdos.

It's kind of impressive that this is still going on.
    kohaku and triple accel 555 cannot help but try and get the last word in or continue their circlejerk. Then someone else responds, Altima gives a more nuanced take, rinse and repeat.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    What the fuck am I reading...

No wonder people looking from the outside think that hardcore Fate/Type Moon fans are a bunch of freaking weirdos.
    Who really want to think about it? I don't talk about it because I like that idea. But with that setting, that Magus society, this is what they really will do. Look at how they cut their own daughter to continue their experimental in Case File.

---------------------
    Everything about Sakura-Matou-Tohsaka topic is solved. We just keep repeating what we knows from long ago.

I only have one question remain: What are they worms exactly doing with their host? We usually say the worms " rape" her, but it actually that just the term we use to describe about Zouken's method. Nasu never says clearly about the worms. How to produce them, how are they working,...?

And again: How Sakura can suddenly improve her hearing at day 13?
    Farson135 think it is because of AM's infection.
    Altima think it is her Hollow.
    Nasu never explain about it.
    Last edited by kohaku; March 1st, 2021 at 04:34 AM.

Who really want to think about it? I don't talk about it because I like that idea. But with that setting, that Magus society, this is what they really will do. Look at how they cut their own daughter to continue their experimental in Case File.

---------------------
    Everything about Sakura-Matou-Tohsaka topic is solved. We just keep repeating what we knows from long ago.

I only have one question remain: What are they worms exactly doing with their host? We usually say the worms " rape" her, but it actually that just the term we use to describe about Zouken's method. Nasu never says clearly about the worms. How to produce them, how are they working,...?

And again: How Sakura can suddenly improve her hearing at day 13?
    Farson135 think it is because of AM's infection.
    Altima think it is her Hollow.
    Nasu never explain about it.
    Then stop repeating the same talking points over and over again.

- - - Updated - - -

You are driving this circus.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Then stop repeating the same talking points over and over again.

- - - Updated - - -

You are driving this circus.
    yeah, I know.
    In the beginning, I just want to update the new information about Case File. The more novels they write, the less unique the Hollow is.
    Don't know why, it finally begins the discussion about " what is the " unique"?".