Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 172225262728 LastLast

Thread: Sakura's problem: I still confuse about Magic Crest and Sealing designations.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Aldy
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Or maybe he was the racist because he preferred a Japanese family over some gaijin magus family? Would be weird, but still...

More likely than not, them not being intimately involved with the Grail would likely have given him some pause, though if Zouken never made his offer, maybe Tokiomi would have reached out to the Edelfelts...
    Have you seen the FHA scene with Rin and Luvia, saying they might be racist isnt without basis, especially since the only reason we know Sakura would be better off with them is cuz "Luvia would refuse to waste her talent" and of couse, Luvia is 6 years old at the time so she probably has 0 pull. You could even argue she could grow up with an entirely different mentality,except that goes against the appeal of AU's

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Have you seen the FHA scene with Rin and Luvia, saying they might be racist isnt without basis, especially since the only reason we know Sakura would be better off with them is cuz "Luvia would refuse to waste her talent" and of couse, Luvia is 6 years old at the time so she probably has 0 pull. You could even argue she could grow up with an entirely different mentality,except that goes against the appeal of AU's
    You mean the scene where Rin and Luvia are totally Buddy-buddy best friends until their surnames come up?

Yes , i might be assuming that conversations about adoptions will start with a cordial introduction, you know, the point were the buddy buddy part ended.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I've always wondered what makes the Apoc adoption go down so well even when the same issues of an Edelfelt defecting the Tohsakas still happened there.
    Wouldn't Tokiomi have noted that they would be too racist or bitter for an adoption to work with them then?

And honestly, Luvia seems to be only "racist" toward Rin. All her other interactions with Japanese or Asians in general seem to be normal.
    Last edited by warellis; March 5th, 2021 at 09:19 PM.

The answer about the adoption going so smooth is that it probably doesnt but a joke doesnt deal with that part. We also dont know what happened in the 3rd war well enough to say it didnt go down different in Apoc. For all we know, it could've been the other sister this time.
    Cuz while jokes are deepest lore, that doesnt mean that jokes tell the entire story.

Yay wacky romcom around Shirou with Rin Luvia and... What is Sakura's roll? 3rd girl? What if she starts out as the GTF away from my onee-sama character before being broken by Shirou and therefore relegated to harem tag-along with 0 chance of winning? Could be adoption issues are the whole reason Luvia and Sakura even come to Japan.

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    And honestly, Luvia seems to be only "racist" toward Rin. All her other interactions with Japanese or Asians in general seem to be normal.
    I mean, she is all over Shirou who is Japanese so duh. She just hates Tohsakas and Rin in particular.

The answer about the adoption going so smooth is that it probably doesnt but a joke doesnt deal with that part. We also dont know what happened in the 3rd war well enough to say it didnt go down different in Apoc. For all we know, it could've been the other sister this time.
    Cuz while jokes are deepest lore, that doesnt mean that jokes tell the entire story.

Yay wacky romcom around Shirou with Rin Luvia and... What is Sakura's roll? 3rd girl? What if she starts out as the GTF away from my onee-sama character before being broken by Shirou and therefore relegated to harem tag-along with 0 chance of winning? Could be adoption issues are the whole reason Luvia and Sakura even come to Japan.
    It sounds more like they visit just because:
    The Tohsaka gave up on the Greater Grail, and now seek a new path in becoming one with the universe with Chinese Kenpou while learning magecraft. The twin-tail daughter of the family might also end up becoming the founder of a “completely new martial arts that combines magecraft and Chinse Kenpou” by the time she becomes a high school student. However, she never imagined that her younger sister who was adopted by distant relatives would come visit her in Japan after becoming a pro-wrestler with unimaginably nice proportions and forming a tag team with a drill-roll-haired girl…!
    Maybe Sakura was going to try to flex on Rin with Luvia. And it sounds more like Luvia might be the "3rd girl" character, because of this:
    A certain provincial city. In these novels, the Holy Grail War doesn’t occur there, of course, and as a result, the mayor of Fuyuki, Himuro-san, doesn’t get a pained stomach from that Great Fire Disaster.

And of course, that red-haired boy is living there with his original surname unchanged, but still having a honest and upright personality (as shown in his appearance in Capsule Servant), and likely going through days with a love comedy-like tone, along with a twin-tail magic-fist user and her cheerful little sister who laughs like a high-class young lady.
    Except she too was also quite taken with Capsaba Shirou so who knows.

Honestly his life is probably like Prismaverse Shirou in shenanigans, just this time with 3 wealthy girls. So thus probably life's chewtoy in a way.

Though honestly, how any of them would even really try to bag him, considering he's mundane here, I don't know. Unless they discover he has unopened Magic Circuits I guess?
    Last edited by warellis; March 6th, 2021 at 09:22 PM.

i Just want something like an animated short about the apo versions of the fuyuki gang. it could be one of those new year things

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Sakura was going to try to flex on Rin with Luvia. And it sounds more like Luvia might be the "3rd girl" character, because of this:

Honestly his life is probably like Prismaverse Shirou in shenanigans, just this time with 3 wealthy girls. So thus probably life's chewtoy in a way.

Though honestly, how any of them would even really try to bag him, considering he's mundane here, I don't know. Unless they discover he has unopened Magic Circuits I guess?

his protagonist EX skill is a multiverse constant

Btw, Apo shows the biggest f.....ers were the einzberns summoning angra, zouken would be just an annoyance

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar

It's harem protag EX. That, and his circuits are unusually numerous for a normal person. Plus, his probable relation to Muramasa probably counts for something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Of the three, Sakura seems like the type that doesn't really give a damn and will try to bag whoever catches her eye, pedigree be damned. That is different from Luvia, who likes him and other in spite of their pedigree because they are interesting, and not having the hangups of worrying over her prestige as head of the Tohsaka family as Rin does. They even mention it in her dictionary entry that if she really wants something she puts everything into it.
    And then Nasu says that being with the Edelfelt that her unabashed side would be even more pronounced (a dark baby face iirc). Though iirc, that Rin from Apo seems to he more of a rebel in going more martial arts than orthodox magic, so if she rebelling with Tokiomi, maybe more openly dere like that Future Rin? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Can you elaborate on what you mean with both?
    It means that the relationships of the way these families operate give us more lore into how the universe works as well as mechanics (pedigree, culture, etc).
    With Sakura related topics, I get to talk more about void space, as well as the relationships between family histories and present ties, on top of the recent nuggets of info the movies have given that uproot old and crusty fanon.
    And of course rant that Nasu just has a goldmine of things he could do with the relationship of the Tohsaka and the Edelfelt, but he flopped hard as if he was disinterested.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; March 7th, 2021 at 12:53 PM.

And of course rant that Nasu just has a goldmine of things he could do with the relationship of the Tohsaka and the Edelfelt, but he flopped hard as if he was disinterested.
    Or he simply doesn't know how to describe these topics?
    Exp: he never says about Sakura's PTSD in VN. I always imagine how she has to live with these haunting for many years. Can she finally heal herself, or she lives the rest of her life with the help of medicine?

A rape survivor tells me that Nasu wants to write about rape victim, but he doesn't really understand about them at all.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well they do mention it in the epilogue, people just tend to overlook it because Sakura isn't bawling her eyes out onscreen.
    It says that she puts off her issues(the after effects of being forcibly separated from AM, and all the events of...well her life in general) because she was concentrating on getting Shirou back.
    So she pushed herself in other aspects, Shirou's rehab, learning with Dilo, the cleanup she does around the town, and school, so that she doesn't have time to sit around and wallow. She says as much to Rin in that same epilogue.

Mostly the hatred between Tohsaka and Edelfelt not just about Asian things in my opinion. In the profile about Nagato already shows how Zelretch biases toward Tohsaka family, he even made Nagato becomes Second Owner despite he just started learning magecraft also has rich Christian background. We are already shown how the magus hate short history families, especially Waver situation, while the Tohsaka only 6 generations (count Rin) and still hold position that many families dream to be (Aozaki is the same but they have great achieve - discovering Blue). In the court against Rin, there are huge amount of families want to take the Tohsaka down. As the hyena aim for great treasures of magus to grow stronger like the Edelfelt surely will hold hatred toward the family has one-night success because their relationship with the great socerer. Therefore, the Tohsaka seem not to be dislike without excuses, they have many things to be hate, also some hints about conflict with Edelfelt in HGW3.
    Last edited by Misaya; March 15th, 2021 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Well they do mention it in the epilogue, people just tend to overlook it because Sakura isn't bawling her eyes out onscreen.
    It says that she puts off her issues(the after effects of being forcibly separated from AM, and all the events of...well her life in general) because she was concentrating on getting Shirou back.
    So she pushed herself in other aspects, Shirou's rehab, learning with Dilo, the cleanup she does around the town, and school, so that she doesn't have time to sit around and wallow. She says as much to Rin in that same epilogue.
    I mean " describe", " analyze", not just " mention".
    From the beginning, I think Nasu is rushing when writing both Normal and True End. He maybe doesn't really know what he should do with two endings.
    It is very strange when he writes the True End under Rin's view. She is the character who never really understand her sister. No way we can see what really going on with Sakura through Rin's view ( and not only that, she almost costs her time in London and finding Touko, instead of living with her sister.).

Remember Shirou said what he will ready to cost his life if Sakura and Illya can smile and cook breakfast together?
    And? He removes even Illya from the Normal End,too.
    Last edited by kohaku; March 16th, 2021 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post
    I mean " describe", " analyze", not just " mention".
    From the beginning, I think Nasu is rushing when writing both Normal and True End. He maybe doesn't really know what he should do with two endings.
    It is very strange when he writes the True End under Rin's view. She is the character who never really understand her sister. No way we can see what really going on with Sakura through Rin's view ( and not only that, she almost costs her time in London and finding Touko, instead of living with her sister.).
    Yes, because Shirou needed a better body than a sort of 2nd rate body created by Illya right there, right then.

That is the trouble. It as same as you ask a guy in Tokyo to report to you " how are your sister - living in London - now?".

" How can I know?"
    Last edited by kohaku; March 16th, 2021 at 05:44 AM.

She has to deal with the court to ensure her life and Sakura. At that moment the Clock Tower already hold a great anger to her and her family, also being excuse for Kirei's fault too. The worst scenario is Fuyuki will belongs to another family, which affect to magus life in that land and Rin herself being hunt or something like that. She frustrate with these things, you cant confront the anger of magic world carelessly so it ok for her to spend time settle down situation. On the other hand, finding Touko cost much time is understandable, how can blame Rin while she and her sister all want Shirou back?

Quote Originally Posted by Misaya View Post
    She has to deal with the court to ensure her life and Sakura. At that moment the Clock Tower already hold a great anger to her and her family, also being excuse for Kirei's fault too. The worst scenario is Fuyuki will belongs to another family, which affect to magus life in that land and Rin herself being hunt or something like that. She frustrate with these things, you cant confront the anger of magic world carelessly so it ok for her to spend time settle down situation. On the other hand, finding Touko cost much time is understandable, how can blame Rin while she and her sister all want Shirou back?
    I ever blame Rin for anything here?
    I'm saying why Nasu writes the Sakura's ending under a character's view who has much trouble with herself, and almost can't understand or tells about what is going on with Sakura.

Its nice to start and "end" the novel with Rin, but i agree that the endings should be from Sakuras POV, really get how she is feeling an dealng with all. Even the movies dont help it because the epilogue barely have dialogue there , for what i read, is basically a rushed True end montage . Maybe that cd drama helps?

Food for tought, what if sakura summoned Medea ? I see a lot of reasons for them to get along, as for FHA, they actually do . And she have the RB with her since the start. She would certanly sympathize her and be disgusted with zouken and shinji, who is pretty much a more pathetic jason, but the problem is she would not be just cool with being hanged to te later
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; March 16th, 2021 at 10:44 AM.