Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16212425262728 LastLast

Thread: Sakura's problem: I still confuse about Magic Crest and Sealing designations.

Maybe we are reaching a point where this thread should just be locked and officially called a finished conversation.

maybe we should make a sub forum of that kinda thing as an archive too?

Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post
    say the truth. Shiki Ryougi, Shiki Tohno, any main character of Typemoon ever not too talented/powerful? Their power usually is unique, and they have to study to control their power by themselves. All of them live beside the normal society, and nothing happened.
    Are you saying Ms Ryougi ,puzle piece for a Magus experiment who only survived cuz she knew how to use her power(sounds exactly like what Tokiomi said was needed for Sakura doesnt it.)
    And Mr Tohno, main lackey of the queen vampire , assassinating vampires on the regular
    are leading a normal life

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Are you saying Ms Ryougi ,puzle piece for a Magus experiment who only survived cuz she knew how to use her power(sounds exactly like what Tokiomi said was needed for Sakura doesnt it.)
    And Mr Tohno, main lackey of the queen vampire , assassinating vampires on the regular
    are leading a normal life
    yeah.
    almost of them study to control their power by themselves.
    Last edited by kohaku; March 1st, 2021 at 10:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    for god's sake just write a fucking fix fic if you want, there is no need to keep relitigating the sakura issue in a thread
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

I can't really say that Tohno-kun has a grasp on his powers or solves his problems ever.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Maybe we are reaching a point where this thread should just be locked and officially called a finished conversation.

maybe we should make a sub forum of that kinda thing as an archive too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    for god's sake just write a fucking fix fic if you want, there is no need to keep relitigating the sakura issue in a thread
    He created the thread to discuss the Sakura situation and that's what he's doing. Sure, he may be repeating himself, but IMO there is no point in trying to bully them into shutting up.
    don't quote me on this

I dunno saying that a thread seems to have served its purpose doesn't feel like bullying to me.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If beating a dead horse was a reason to close threads, barely any open threads would exist.

and as for sakura in particular, I think mike drained the well dry many years ago

say the truth. Shiki Ryougi, Shiki Tohno, any main character of Typemoon ever not too talented/powerful? Their power usually is unique, and they have to study to control their power by themselves. All of them live beside the normal society, and nothing happened.
    "Nothing happened" is a bit of an understatement, given that every single one of them found themselves in the clutches of the most powerful supernaturals in their general vicinity before reaching adult age. See also this pearl of wisdom:

Special powers attract other special powers.
    - Aoko Aozaki, Tsukihime prologue

Generally, in TM works, when a supernatural finds a way to live a peaceful life, it's either because they become strong enough to protect themselves, or because they're under the protection of someone who is.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; March 3rd, 2021 at 04:53 AM.
    don't quote me on this

I guess this is, viewing it from another way, a containment sacrifice for all the Sakura talk.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    kohaku and triple accel 555 cannot help but try and get the last word in or continue their circlejerk. Then someone else responds, Altima gives a more nuanced take, rinse and repeat.
    Well there is lots of stuff to really go on in this topic, because it spirals into things that are well traveled issues with the supernatural world and how families are run.

Nasu made the mistake of having that blurb that Tokiomi knew of and considered having Sakura stay with the Edelfelts(joke scenario or not, it was based on a situation that happened - through jokes, there is a nugget of truth blahblahblah), so anything posted afterward about how he was cornered and somehow couldn't help but give her to a dying family with a known monster is weak, weak, weak..
    That is one thing I wouldn't let him slide under the rug there.

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    "Nothing happened" is a bit of an understatement, given that every single one of them found themselves in the clutches of the most powerful supernaturals in their general vicinity before reaching adult age. See also this pearl of wisdom:

Special powers attract other special powers.
    - Aoko Aozaki, Tsukihime prologue

Generally, in TM works, when a supernatural finds a way to live a peaceful life, it's either because they become strong enough to protect themselves, or because they're under the protection of someone who is.
    I agree that I have a bit of an understatement when saying " nothing happened". But really, their life actually aren't the mess that " MA will know about you, they will find you.".

In Fate timeline, I believe Mr.Shiki's fate will as same as Akiha/Hisui/Kohaku route instead of Arc/Ciel route. And he is the guy who should worry about his power more than anyone among Mrs.Shiki or Sakura,Rin.
    Last edited by kohaku; March 3rd, 2021 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Well there is lots of stuff to really go on in this topic, because it spirals into things that are well traveled issues with the supernatural world and how families are run.

Nasu made the mistake of having that blurb that Tokiomi knew of and considered having Sakura stay with the Edelfelts(joke scenario or not, it was based on a situation that happened - through jokes, there is a nugget of truth blahblahblah), so anything posted afterward about how he was cornered and somehow couldn't help but give her to a dying family with a known monster is weak, weak, weak..

pretty much

- - - Updated - - -

pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

prettty much

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree that I have a bit of an understatement when saying " nothing happened". But really, their life actually aren't the mess that " MA will know about you, they will find you.".

In Fate timeline, I believe Mr.Shiki's fate will as same as Akiha/Hisui/Kohaku route instead of Arc/Ciel route. And he is the guy who should worry about his power more than anyone among Mrs.Shiki or Sakura,Rin.
    Well Aldy was giving the basic fact that special people will be approached by other special things whether they like it or not. Doesn't have to be Enforcers. Could be that one random Fae who is out on some distant mountain sniffs out something special in a child going on a camping trip and the chances of that child being kidnapped goes up. Things like that.
    Being special sucks in a way, Shinji got a taste of it in UBW and decided "nope".
    Though, and I said this before, the way families prepare their children for what is to come is either really good and overblown, or turning them into time bombs waiting to happen due to really bad decisions.
    Shiki was contrived to be ready for things so well in advance going almost a decade without training didn't fuck it up....kinda. Tokiomi is both conscientious and a blockhead at the same time, and its scary how he both did and didn't prepare. He had patents that would enable his daughter to love up until near adulthood alone without finding a job. But then he left her tutelage to a guy he willingly kinda ignored all the warning signs from.
    Although there is a caveat that Kirei did train Rin well and added medicine/martial arts to her repertoire, so she lucked out that at least her father's killer did his job as teacher well. With Sakura, I've already said as much what went wrong there, so no need to retread. Its a cluster the way these societies function. Like you're actively trying to make monsters that could fuck things up.

sigh, again in a FB group

A totally harmless post.."Happy birthday sakura" then some comments..."lol, cake of worms" . I mean, the original post was not saying.."sakura is great your waifu is shit" it was just saying.."happy birthday to this character" , why this neccesity from these edgy tweens , and obviously their defense is "lol, chill, not real" is not about that, is havin some respect for other people and not think you are the king of comedy for parrot the most burned out joke of the fandom.

Mybe i should just leave these groups

maybe this group is better to you: https://www.facebook.com/groups/706660549380233

People there is less toxic.
    Although many of them still don't read VN, they are will to hear your explaination about the different between anime and VN version.

------------------
    The only way to stop the blaming victim: supporting the rape survivor organizations. We humans only begin to fight on the topic from 1970s until now, it still a long way to go.
    Last edited by kohaku; March 3rd, 2021 at 11:58 PM.

ok, but what make it special ?

edit : already joined, seems decent
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; March 4th, 2021 at 08:57 PM.

another question:
    Can we really see FHA's Sakura is the same character with FSN's Sakura?

I mean. We have the very long writing on Zhihu to prove that FHA's Shinji and FSN's Shinji are totally different characters.

Can you elaborate on what you mean with both?

I wonder if Tokiomi thought the Edelfelts were actually racist instead of just vindictive/holding a grudge.

- - - Updated - - -

another question:
    Can we really see FHA's Sakura is the same character with FSN's Sakura?
    Dont deny the possibility of character growth/change just because you respect the way a character handles suffering

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    I wonder if Tokiomi thought the Edelfelts were actually racist instead of just vindictive/holding a grudge.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont deny the possibility of character growth/change just because you respect the way a character handles suffering
    Or maybe he was the racist because he preferred a Japanese family over some gaijin magus family? Would be weird, but still...

More likely than not, them not being intimately involved with the Grail would likely have given him some pause, though if Zouken never made his offer, maybe Tokiomi would have reached out to the Edelfelts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself