Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 510131415161720 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 471

Thread: Sakura's problem: I still confuse about Magic Crest and Sealing designations.

  1. #281
    全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,918
    Blog Entries
    2
    Well its equal parts fear/admiration/worry for him as he, instead of her, chooses the knife at his throat with bad training but is loyal to doing it, while she gets it forced on her every day.
    Plus, she is saying it matter of factly, its a sobering thing. She says it because it doesn't matter if she likes or hated it, she had to survive it, or she would have died.

  2. #282
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    34,194
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    69
    Zouken: Practice at the Archery club sure is heating up this week isn't it, Sakura? You must be tired. Let me draw you up a bath.
    Sakura: No thank you, grandfather. I got to put in my time in the worm pit tonight!
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticeexcenny
    In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

  3. #283
    わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Seventh circle of Hell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    76
    Spoiler: worm pit bathing makes Sakura's chest grow bigger. That was a fact all along.


  4. #284
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six forumghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,372
    JP Friend Code
    697363510
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeAmongSwords View Post
    Spoiler: worm pit bathing makes Sakura's chest grow bigger. That was a fact all along.

    I mean they have to go somewhere, there's only so much space in a person's body.

  5. #285
    HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,544
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    the main paradox of Emiya Shirou as a person is that he uncounciously latched onto Kiritsugu's ideals because he interpreted Kiritsugu's smile as "if I do the same thing this person does, I will be happy too"
    If we adopt the narrative that old Shirou died and was reborn in the fire, Shirou latching onto Kiritsugu's happy face could veritably be called "imprinting", which also explains why it's so hard for him to let go of it. It's the foundational cornerstone of his "reborn" self.

    Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post
    A rape survivor talk to me that she never believe Nasu, because he shows himself as the blaming-victim (The Interview about Utena).
    You mean this?

    big Utena spoilers, watch it it's a great show
    Interviewer: How did you feel about episode 33, “The Prince Who Runs Through the Night”, in which the relationship between Utena and Anthy greatly changed?

    Nasu: Oh, “The Prince Who Runs Through the Night”. It depicts Akio-san on a highway at night, talking on the phone. You think “what’s going on with this direction?” as it drags on for an almost tedious twenty minutes. And then the shocking two minutes at the end. I remember dropping my jaw and thinking “What’s going to happen next week?”. Since I’m a man, the fact of the heroine who had protected her chastity up until that point suddenly having sex with Akio-san—didn’t inspire much of an unpleasant feeling in me, actually.

    Interviewer: That’s unexpected. I had thought it might be more shocking for men.

    Nasu: Well, that kind of thing was a staple of Yamada Fuutarou and Kikuchi Hideyuki’s supernatural stories, you see… Actually, I thought “Of course you’re gonna get preyed upon if you go for a nighttime drive with a dangerous monster like that!”. But for such a seemingly inviolable heroine who practically had purity as a main theme to fall like that made me prepared, made me think “Ah, they aren’t going to go easy on anyone,” and straighten up to take things more seriously. This was something I watched for evening entertainment, but it was stepping into literary territory.

    Part of the definition of a “story” is that the characters develop, right? In that sense, Utena didn’t develop so much as shed her skin. Her mask comes off over the course of the story whether she wants it to or not. If she didn’t fall to Akio-san at that time, Utena might not have lost to the story. But then she would have been unable to touch on Anthy’s darkness, and Akio-san’s fun story would have never ended. Because she lost the protagonistic attribute of purity and became an “extra”, she was freed from the bias of the story and was able to put an end to the dream of the prince however indirectly… that’s what I thought at the time.

    Rather than victim blaming, I took it to mean that he was aware of the tropes being invoked in Utena's seduction by Akio. It does show a certain "heartlessness" in how he thinks of fictional characters, though - not Urobuchi levels but still closer than one might expect.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

  6. #286
    吸血鬼 Vampire kohaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Well its equal parts fear/admiration/worry for him as he, instead of her, chooses the knife at his throat with bad training but is loyal to doing it, while she gets it forced on her every day.
    Plus, she is saying it matter of factly, its a sobering thing. She says it because it doesn't matter if she likes or hated it, she had to survive it, or she would have died.
    Hey, Altima. You say that during day 13, Sakura says Rin never want accept the truth that Sakura is the Magus.

    I don't remember where you get that sentence from.

    Spoiler: worm pit bathing makes Sakura's chest grow bigger. That was a fact all along.
    I don't know if it is the result of the worms, or the result of the raping.

    You mean this?
    yeah. That is it:

    " Actually, I thought “Of course you’re gonna get preyed upon if you go for a nighttime drive with a dangerous monster like that!”."

    ----------------------
    sometime, I wonder what will happen if The Last Of Us's fans play HF route, and FSN fans play The Last Of Us?

    I mean, Joel's decision in TLOU is very similar/ or even more selfish than even Shirou in HF. And every fans of TLOU support him.
    Last edited by kohaku; January 21st, 2021 at 09:57 AM.

  7. #287
    Tsukihime: A piece of blue glass moon TomPen94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    THE TRUE RUN
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,114
    JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post
    sometime, I wonder what will happen if The Last Of Us's fans play HF route, and FSN fans play The Last Of Us?

    I mean, Joel's decision in TLOU is very similar/ or even more selfish than even Shirou in HF. And every fans of TLOU support him.
    And fans of HF tend to support Shirou in his. I don't see much of a different response.
    Additionally, I wouldn't say every TLoU fan supported Joel, more that at least they understood where he was coming from, even if they disagreed with the overall decision.

    Shirou's decision is more extreme because it ain't a case of losing a potential solution, it's knowingly throwing it away.
    Thank God Sakura had hax regen after going Dark, cuz otherwise she wouldn't have been able to destroy the worm without kiling herself.

    Sakura saved Fuyuki when she got rid of it. She's the true hero of HF
    .

    Tom's foolish attempt to catch up before the TsukiRe release, Status:
    - Kagetsu Tohya Complete;
    - Playing Melty Blood.


  8. #288
    HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,544
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post
    yeah. That is it:

    " Actually, I thought “Of course you’re gonna get preyed upon if you go for a nighttime drive with a dangerous monster like that!”
    In context, to me it seems he's talking about the narrative, not the morality of the situation.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

  9. #289
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors TheSeaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,310
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeAmongSwords View Post
    Spoiler: worm pit bathing makes Sakura's chest grow bigger. That was a fact all along.
    we need at least some disgusting jokes in every sakura thread. Never change, Type moon fan base
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; January 21st, 2021 at 11:52 PM.

  10. #290
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    7,015
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    we need at least some disgusting jokes in every sakura thread. Never change, Type moon fan base
    No more than how TM themselves sometimes treat her situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  11. #291
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors TheSeaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,310
    HF never treats the rape like funny or hot

    The eroge scenes are actually consensual scenes with the guy she actually likes

    The fact that they kinda give in to the memes , like in CP, is a different matter and that was back then , even if its just for marketing , she is kinda in a better place since the movies
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; January 22nd, 2021 at 12:18 AM.

  12. #292
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    7,015
    I mostly was referring to the CP stuff and some of the memes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  13. #293
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors TheSeaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,310
    Just because it was on CP does not mean i have to like it

    If you will use serious themes in your VN, dont turn it into a joke just because some otakus cant handle a non idealized heroine . There was a lot of ways to use sakura in CP , even makin fun of her, withou literally showin shinji triying to rape her

  14. #294
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    7,015
    Don't get me wrong, I think the soap opera gag was in incredibly poor taste, but making a small joke about her chest size is not at that level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  15. #295
    吸血鬼 Vampire kohaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    169
    He protects Sakura in his own way - their forced "relations" he tries to make painless as possible, and tries to shield her from Zouken.
    Oh my god.
    So, punches her in her face and stomach is the way he used to " tries to make painless as possible"????

    He was the person who first sent Sakura away from her grandpa, a real piece of shit, and to Shirou's house, because he trusted that he would help her in more ways than even he could.
    Zouken's reaction:.... Oh my worms.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynig..._character_in/

  16. #296
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six forumghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,372
    JP Friend Code
    697363510
    I mean literally every part of that is false, but what can you expect of reddit really.

    1) Nobody forced anything between Shinji and Sakura but Shinji, who did it because he wanted to get off on the fact that by submitting to it, he held power over her. Zouken didn't give two shits either way.

    2) Shinji had nothing to do with Sakura getting close to Shirou, and was in fact pissed off about it (seriously, Shinji has more then a little bit of a man-crush on Shirou). Zouken was the one that sent her over there, because he wanted someone to spy on the son of Kiritsugu.

    3) Shinji would never dare to stand up to Zouken in any way unless he has a King of Heroes to crouch behind. In his own way, Shinji is every bit as much of a fucking worm as his Grandpa.

    Whoever posted that has never played F/SN.

  17. #297
    HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,544
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    The fact that they kinda give in to the memes , like in CP, is a different matter and that was back then , even if its just for marketing , she is kinda in a better place since the movies
    CP? They made fun of the Matou family situation as early as Hollow Ataraxia

    They never gave in to the memes, they ARE the memes.

    No matter how terrible your situation is in the main game, you'll be made a laughingstock in the supplementary materials, this has been a constant in TM since the beginning. The only thing that can save you from that fate (to a certain degree) is overwhelming popularity.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

  18. #298
    吸血鬼 Vampire kohaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I mean literally every part of that is false, but what can you expect of reddit really.

    1) Nobody forced anything between Shinji and Sakura but Shinji, who did it because he wanted to get off on the fact that by submitting to it, he held power over her. Zouken didn't give two shits either way.

    2) Shinji had nothing to do with Sakura getting close to Shirou, and was in fact pissed off about it (seriously, Shinji has more then a little bit of a man-crush on Shirou). Zouken was the one that sent her over there, because he wanted someone to spy on the son of Kiritsugu.

    3) Shinji would never dare to stand up to Zouken in any way unless he has a King of Heroes to crouch behind. In his own way, Shinji is every bit as much of a fucking worm as his Grandpa.

    Whoever posted that has never played F/SN.
    yeah, I know.

    CP? They made fun of the Matou family situation as early as Hollow Ataraxia

    They never gave in to the memes, they ARE the memes.

    No matter how terrible your situation is in the main game, you'll be made a laughingstock in the supplementary materials, this has been a constant in TM since the beginning. The only thing that can save you from that fate (to a certain degree) is overwhelming popularity.
    this is why I do not really trust Nasu.


    He usually isn't serious with his work. I imagine that he has the first idea about Sakura because of the success of Kohaku's case.


    I don't really know how much serious I should when reading FHA. it looks like the comedy + the collection of these ideas he has when writing FSN + " why so serious?".
    Last edited by kohaku; January 22nd, 2021 at 07:22 AM.

  19. #299
    吸血鬼 Vampire TheSkipRow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Romania
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    216
    US Friend Code
    380,453,554
    How much influence did Nasu actually have with CP? Specifically that one soap opera skit with Sakura. Also, maybe I'm forgetting some skits from AllAroundTypeMoon or Kagetsu Tohya, but Kohaku doesn't get made fun of like Sakura is in CP. Hell, Hollow Ataraxia didn't make fun of her getting raped like that bullshit "Don't give in to my beauty!" joke from CP.

    Nasu claims he likes Sakura though, so I don't understand why he would portray her like that...

  20. #300
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors TheSeaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,310
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I mean literally every part of that is false, but what can you expect of reddit really.

    1) Nobody forced anything between Shinji and Sakura but Shinji, who did it because he wanted to get off on the fact that by submitting to it, he held power over her. Zouken didn't give two shits either way.

    2) Shinji had nothing to do with Sakura getting close to Shirou, and was in fact pissed off about it (seriously, Shinji has more then a little bit of a man-crush on Shirou). Zouken was the one that sent her over there, because he wanted someone to spy on the son of Kiritsugu.

    3) Shinji would never dare to stand up to Zouken in any way unless he has a King of Heroes to crouch behind. In his own way, Shinji is every bit as much of a fucking worm as his Grandpa.

    Whoever posted that has never played F/SN.

    all of this, lol, WTF with these quotes?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    How much influence did Nasu actually have with CP? Specifically that one soap opera skit with Sakura. Also, maybe I'm forgetting some skits from AllAroundTypeMoon or Kagetsu Tohya, but Kohaku doesn't get made fun of like Sakura is in CP. Hell, Hollow Ataraxia didn't make fun of her getting raped like that bullshit "Don't give in to my beauty!" joke from CP.

    Nasu claims he likes Sakura though, so I don't understand why he would portray her like that...

    Yeah, Kohaku is parodied, but her story isnt, in CP she is just a goofy mad scientist, someone who just see CP would never guess she is a tragic character.

    Correct me if im wrong , but i dont think Nasu had anything to do with either take moon or CP writtin , but they were official works and promoted like that , so the sakura dissing was mostly on CP director part , but Type moon just rolled with it.



    By the way, back on the shiro and shinji topic, shiro at least knows shinji is capable to hit sakura, but he stil is...too chill about it for someone wuth such hero complex ? I mean, this girl is not related to you or even in your class but she keeps coming to your home, you know her brother is capable to hit her, you dont have have any idea of worm gramps or that they are not actually blood sibilings, wich kinda makes wakame look even worse, but you dont even go.."girl, is something wrog at your home, could you let me in? " Even in HF and after met zouken he does not really o beyond until shit really hit the fan .
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; January 22nd, 2021 at 10:58 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •