Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if the sisters were switched?

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    How do we know that it would? You're asking people to prove a negative.
    No I'm not. I'm saying that without a canonical demonstration, we can't have any idea how she would have turned out under those circumstances.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's denying the entire premise of this thought experiment. I don't think this mentality has any place in this thread.

I'm struggling to understand just what you're getting at. Are you saying that the only answer that "has any place in this thread" is one that assumes we can project with some certainty what Matou Rin would be like and/or asserts a particular scenario would be the result?
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    Fair enough. But how do we know that a decade of the Matou treatment wouldn't repress or destroy it?
    Because it's my fanfic and I say so!
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

sorry. This is off-topic, but....

There is any Sound Drama CD or anything else that focus on the life of Rin-Sakura together after HF?

I never feel enough with HF about Rin-Sakura's relationship. I always want them to have more time together. Not as Nasu wrote " In the last battle, they finally have the small discussion about sisters....". I have to read both Normal End and True End, just to find these small sentence where Rin take care of her sister, but it is too small and can't satisfied me.

Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post
    sorry. This is off-topic, but....

There is any Sound Drama CD or anything else that focus on the life of Rin-Sakura together after HF?

I never feel enough with HF about Rin-Sakura's relationship. I always want them to have more time together. Not as Nasu wrote " In the last battle, they finally have the small discussion about sisters....". I have to read both Normal End and True End, just to find these small sentence where Rin take care of her sister, but it is too small and can't satisfied me.
    Actually, yes, there is one. It came out after spring song JP premiere. For what i recall, is not very long and covers bits of the epilogue wich didnt fit in the movie

I thought that it was answered that Rin will become TOHSAKA (joke or not) and as Tokiomi can't handle Sakura's unique talent, he simply just sends her off to Clock Tower

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Actually, yes, there is one. It came out after spring song JP premiere. For what i recall, is not very long and covers bits of the epilogue wich didnt fit in the movie
    can you tell me the name of it? Or the link of it? Is it existed any English sub?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post
    can you tell me the name of it? Or the link of it? Is it existed any English sub?
    Thank you.

Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel] III. spring song Original Drama CDTohsaka Rin no Seihai Sensou, Sonogo ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel] III. spring song Original Drama CDTohsaka Rin no Seihai Sensou, Sonogo ...
    Thank you.
    By the way. Where can we buy it and the movies' OST ( it is better if it is the digital version) and ship it to South East Asia?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I propose instead that, while Rin may lack Sakura's resilience, Sakura in turn lacks Rin's characteristic willfulness and stubborn streak. So while Zouken still does his outmost to break her, Rin, similar to Sakura in HF, finds something worth rebelling against Grandpa Skeleton for and, say, disembowels Shinji (as one does). So now you have a HGW with cold, calculating 'nothing to lose' Rin vs a 'willing to go to the mats to bring her sister back' Sakura, both as proper Masters. I won't speculate on which Servant each ends up summoning (though I can just see Rin pulling a Misaya/Extra Rin and summoning Cu instead of Bazett), but Shirou becomes the grand prize between them (knowingly or not).
    The main difference is that Sakura's resilience is believing in the intangible, while Rin is has a strong mentality upfront, but caves more in what seem like hopeless situations, its why she likes Shirou as she does. In other words, she is very willful but too rational and would argue with herself, hence the Shirou being her brakes talk in HF. While contrary to what people usually see, Sakura is more emotional but resilent to constant barrage, hence the talk with Shirou about how if she couldn't survive the experimentation, she would have died, thus his question about whether she hated it or not was meaningless. She bends a lot, while Rin doesn't. So Rin is more willing to submit to mage law, while its proven that Sakura for the most part sees magecraft as a tool. So I would see where Rin is definitely more papa obeying and dutiful, Sakura I could see not obeying in certain situations because Nasu notes that she delves into things that interest her and goes whole hog when it does. She would definitely upfrontly visit Rin more than the original Rin did with her, who made excuses to "allow" herself to interact with Sakura, which partially led to why she revived Shirou. Sakura would just do it. Nasu gave the hints that Sakura is impulsive when he made that blip in the UBW interview that had she known that Shinji used Rider to make the Bloodfort, she would have done something about him.
    So if she has the power in this situation...hmm, honestly I dunno if she would even participate in the War like Rin did. Rin complied with magus practices and said that normies would need to be dealt with as a matter of course, and then her innate good nature made excuses about safeguarding people after considering that on the pretense of patrols(while not wanting to cognitively admit that allowing this war on her land was endangering people from the outset). Sakura I think would just outwardly think other magi would prey on other people and go on that premise of finding and defeating people like that if she didn't rebel against the war happening in the first place. Much less interested in competing against other magi for the grail in the spirit of comptition. Likely would drive Kirei nuts as she isn't a duty oriented student like Rin, I could see them fighting a lot. Rin hid her crush for Shirou until the war and barely talked with him, Sakura would probably not adopt the Tohsaka creed of elegance and just make friends, not giving a shit. Likely just interacting with Shirou normally.

well

The Zouken's main idea is break the Tohsaka daughter's mind, turn her become a walking dead. So he can active core worm and use her as his new body.

If Rin's mind can't survive through the experimental. We simply can't discuss anything else.
    Last edited by kohaku; December 22nd, 2020 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    The HF route would have been better and the UBW route would have been worse
    Damn brah.

The guy was asking a what-if question, he didn't ask for a waifu-roast.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rin becomes Misaya from Prototype. Princesslike, ruthless, competent, twisted and hopeless, big sadistic streak. If she becomes a Master, she summons Cuchulainn.

Sakura becomes a normal protagonist type. If she becomes a Master, she summons Artoria or another goody-good knight type. Wants to help/befriend Rin but gets rebuked everytime.

Together, they fight crime!
    Last edited by aldeayeah; February 1st, 2021 at 05:11 AM.
    don't quote me on this