Page 232 of 236 FirstFirst ... 132182222227230231232233234 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 4717

Thread: General Visual Novels Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Noice.

Very noice indeed! Looking forward to May.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I was actually hoping for a quick Tsuki Remake thing in there once I saw that. Would go perfect with the "Classics remastered" theme of those.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I finished Muv-luv Unlimited The Day After episode 03. Took me 9 hours. That was actually really, really, really good. Hotblooded badass mecha hype, feels, character growth, political intrigue, appearances by characters you know from other muvluv content that dont feel shoehorned, this episode was just filled with awesome stuff. If we compare arcs or individual chapters of the original Muvluv Alternative with TDA episodes, i'd say TDA03 ranks pretty damn high. In my opinion its up there with fan favorites such as Operation Sadogashima, PTSD arc and Yokohama hive. If TDA04 (or Muvluv Resonative as they renamed it last year) keeps up the quality and pulls off what it seems to be leading to, it might end up as MLA tier or even surpass it for me. By now as of 03, TDA is about 30 hours in total, and age said the final installment is gonna be the longest so I guess TDA might even end up longer than MLA, which iirc was about 40 h.

I pity the people who have been waiting for TDA04 since 2013. Its not Tsuki remake level but its still pretty damn bad. And at least us tsukicucks weren't blueballed in the middle of the story as it keeps heading towards payoff.
    Last edited by weeblord; February 18th, 2021 at 12:56 PM.

One of the impactful granddaddys of dating sims and eroge in general, Doukyuusei by elf, got a remake and its being localized. We truly do be livin in the era of remakes.

Overdrives final game before quitting eroge is coming out in english next month.

Written by Setoguchi Renya who also wrote their most popular title, Kira☆Kira. He also wrote Swan Song, so its fitting that he writes Overdrives swan song, kek.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Why is it adorable when a super-powerful "ancient being" has a hard time learning modern tech? In Sadistic Blood, Shizuha is essentially an Antediluvian, using Vampire the Masquerade terminology, and yet, she seems less technologically adept than Irisviel.

Some dude randomly tweeted at Ono Wasabi (eroge writer and frontman of Laplacian) in probably google translated japanese, begging for an english version of his newest game Hakuchuumu no Aojashin, to which Ono actually responded that theres an english ver in the works coming to Steam. Sounds like he went and leaked a secret project on twitter, none of the eroge loc companies have announced it yet, kek.

its a title worth keeping eyes open for, it's one of the very few titles to get an erogamescape score of 90 in recent years with the shrinking industry. Games with a 90 score are usually super famous titles like FSN, Clannad, Dies Irae, Ever17, etc

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just from seeing a few CGs I can say that the artwork alone is enough to get me interested, damn.

age's April Fools: A MIB spinoff movie featuring Mafia Kajita fighting BETA

マリーの味方
    Read Higurashi (including console chapters), Raging Loop, and Iwaihime, and Gnosia since I last posted here. All pretty good.

Raging Loop was honestly kino even if the ending was mediocre.
    Spoiler:
    A mystery VN giving you the chance to play the role of the killer was too good, seriously loved that route.

agree on raging loop, my thoughts exactly. I really liked the MCs personality, usually this genre has you stuck as the super pacifist nice guy.

I tried some of the higurashi console arcs but didnt manage to finish em. I did play the alternative final chapter cause i think the actual end is pretty mid, there were some things in it i wouldve liked to see in the canon end but ultimately it was a bit of a shitshow.

Played Musicus. it was great.

TL quality was questionable though, mangagamer going back to their roots lmao.

Guess Rance 10 is in the best possible hands it could ever be. Glad that Steiner got to work on his favorite series in the end.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Finally done with Sharin no Kuni and it's fandisc. Great story with a great and interesting setting, and good characters and developments. That said the SoL epilogues in Yukyuu no Shonenshojo (the fandisc) dragged a lot for me and that's why it's taken me months with several long breaks to finish this. But I'm finally done. Great and reccomended read
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wait, for stuff, like Rance and Evenicle, are we counting them as VNs or RPGs? If VN, I'll say something here: So I finished Evenicle, I have some issues with it, but there is something that they definitely did right. Near the final battle, there is a boss rush fighting the ghosts of half the bosses that you defeated before. Each boss was based on one of the 7 deadly sins. In the rush battles, along with Aster, only 1 girl is allowed to fight that particular rush boss. The game choosing which one is a stroke of genius. In order to understand this genius, I need to refer to something else first. As you know, Demon Slayer is extremely popular. One reason that I've heard is that Tanjiro empathizes with each demon... As they lay dying from wounds inflicted by Tanjiro himself. From what I read, in The Order 1886, the main character also empathizes and even reconciles with the secret villain (whose identity is spoilers), right before killing him.

As you know, I completely and utterly despise that type of "paladin's (D&D, not Charlemagne) compassion". It's even worse than the assassin's "nothing personal, just business" statement, which actually doesn't bother me very much at all. It's like Shikieiki from Phantasmagoria of Flower View. Funerals aren't for the dead. They are for the living to recognize the dead, to bawl their eyes out to show all the other mourners how much they loved the recently deceased. In that same vein, empathizing with a dead or dying enemy is not for that fallen foe, it's for the killer to feel better about themselves. Now, Evenicle takes that and rightfully turns it on its fucking head. The girl chosen to fight a particular rush boss is the girl who has never felt that particular sin.

When fighting Jabberwock of Gluttony, Kath says that she has no idea what Jabber is feeling because she's a light eater, despite Jabber explaining his backstory that his mother literally gave her own flesh to feed him (yes, like Shaman King's Tokagero). When fighting Rocinante of Greed, Riche said that she never felt greed. Being a princess, her wants and needs were already provided. That level of honesty is quite refreshing to that shallow morality of crying for someone that you yourself killed.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; May 27th, 2021 at 01:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Wait, for stuff, like Rance and Evenicle, are we counting them as VNs or RPGs?
    yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wait, for stuff, like Rance and Evenicle, are we counting them as VNs or RPGs? If VN, I'll say something here: So I finished Evenicle, I have some issues with it, but there is something that they definitely did right. Near the final battle, there is a boss rush fighting the ghosts of half the bosses that you defeated before. Each boss was based on one of the 7 deadly sins. In the rush battles, along with Aster, only 1 girl is allowed to fight that particular rush boss. The game choosing which one is a stroke of genius. In order to understand this genius, I need to refer to something else first. As you know, Demon Slayer is extremely popular. One reason that I've heard is that Tanjiro empathizes with each demon... As they lay dying from wounds inflicted by Tanjiro himself. From what I read, in The Order 1886, the main character also empathizes and even reconciles with the secret villain (whose identity is spoilers), right before killing him.

As you know, I completely and utterly despise that type of "paladin's (D&D, not Charlemagne) compassion". It's even worse than the assassin's "nothing personal, just business" statement, which actually doesn't bother me very much at all. It's like Shikieiki from Phantasmagoria of Flower View. Funerals aren't for the dead. They are for the living to recognize the dead, to bawl their eyes out to show all the other mourners how much they loved the recently deceased. In that same vein, empathizing with a dead or dying enemy is not for that fallen foe, it's for the killer to feel better about themselves.
    That might be a fair point generally but it's a bad fit for Demon Slayer in particular. The titular demons there aren't just some fantasy-race like elves or goblins, they're humans that have been corrupted (usually against their will) by Muzan's curse which erodes their former morals and empathy while instilling a nigh-insatiable urge to consume human flesh and blood. Demons that remember their original self are pretty much unanimously horrified by what they've become and accept being killed. So, yeah, in their case it really is for their own good and Tanjiro isn't so much mourning the demon as mourning the human they used to be.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    AKA paladin's compassion, the (Holy) Light man's burden. Killing undead "for their own good". And that's why the Final Resting quest in Oblivion was so damn refreshing. It was literally "paladin's compassion" logic applied to a 100% living, breathing homo sapiens sapiens with hilarious results:

Now that being said, I completely understand running on low humanity with nothing else to control the Beast, which often leads to stupid decisions, like this guy: https://kimetsu-no-yaiba.fandom.com/wiki/Hairo being surprised that he ran out of bullets, while wasting those bullets shooting himself in the head. However, humanity AKA "former morals and empathy" are overrated, if you become Enlightened and adopt new standards, but again, obviously, it's important to have some sort of standards apart from the Hunger. At the end of the day, there is no significant difference between the killing philosophies of Tanjiro and Kojiro. This portrayal of Kojiro:

Those tears are sincere.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; May 27th, 2021 at 07:38 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    AKA paladin's compassion, the (Holy) Light man's burden. Killing undead "for their own good". And that's why the Final Resting quest in Oblivion was so damn refreshing. It was literally "paladin's compassion" logic applied to a 100% living, breathing homo sapiens sapiens with hilarious results:

Now that being said, I completely understand running on low humanity with nothing else to control the Beast, which often leads to stupid decisions, like this guy: https://kimetsu-no-yaiba.fandom.com/wiki/Hairo being surprised that he ran out of bullets, while wasting those bullets shooting himself in the head. However, humanity AKA "former morals and empathy" are overrated, if you become Enlightened and adopt new standards, but again, obviously, it's important to have some sort of standards apart from the Hunger.
    Worth noting that the demons who overcome said curse and don't feed on humans Tanjiro has no issue with and treats them no different than ordinary humans (well, it'd be hypocrite of him not to, since his sister is one). So it's not like he has some boner for killing demons specifically, but when they can't be brought back to their original selves (and probably 99% of them can't be, as Nezuko was an extreme aberration who'd never fed on a human and Tamayo was a medical prodigy who surgically remodeled her own body to almost entirely purge Muzan's curse) and continually endanger innocent people what else can be done except to put them to rest both for others' sake and the person they used to be (who presumably would've rather not continued to exist as an amoral killing machine)? In any case this isn't a Demon Slayer or anime/manga thread so I guess we should probably cut this off around here.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    yes.
    Is that permission to post this same tirade over on this thread https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...cently/page274 too?