Page 227 of 236 FirstFirst ... 127177217222225226227228229232 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 4717

Thread: General Visual Novels Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Juiciest gossip of the week:

GAMERS find out the translator of Fata Morgana translated tsundere as fragile male ego
    GAMERS get up in arms about how SJWs are trying to destroy men with their sexist gender politics
    GAMERS contact devs of Fata Morgana in attempts to cancel the SJW translator and her evil manhating agenda
    GAMERS get owned epic style as the devs of Fata Morgana announce on both their ENG and JP twitter accounts they stand behind the translation.

i dunno i thought it was funny at least.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Who cares lmao most otaku media is translated on a 5 minute schedule by monkeys. Nothing you read is real.

the problem is always people that try in the eyes of the worst people, though there is a dumb trend of american localizers trying a bit too hard

if you put in a meme make sure it had 5 years of staying power
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Considering jacopo is a dude who abused his wife because being kind to her wouldnt be a good look with the boys, plus he was deadly afraid of being seen as a cuck, i think fragile male ego is a perfect phrase to go with. Especially since the context is malicious.

Blog Entries
    Idk I never read Fata Morgana cuz the only people that recommend it are literally people that earned money from its translation so it doesnt seem to be very good.

- - - Updated - - -

thats why this is extra funny cuz nobody who is complaining read it or cares about it

just knows about it to get mad

Its got sick scores on both vndb and egs. I think its a good vn, but its fanbase can be really offputting. Its the favorite VN of people who hate anime and VNs, i guess is how id put it.

Blog Entries
    did u earn any money from its production or localization

you have to tell me its the law

they deposit 0.01 bux into my bank every time i shill it

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I love how this happened years later, too. Precisely with this extremely niche VN that is niche even compared to most VNs (and VNs are alread pretty niche and unknown in general). Was weird waking up and suddenly seeing someone decided to start this shit while I was asleep. Like, why now and why this VN that was never all that famous?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

quarantine is driving people crazy i guess. i think it started from someone reaching the scene and tweeting about it, to which the translator replied taht oh btw originally it was tsundere.

in other news: JAST USA, after 10 years of working with nitroplus, released their first translation of a nitroplus game that wasnt just an old existing fanTL turned official. Congrats, you speed demons. clap clap clap.

月日は百代の過客にして、行かふ年も又旅 人也。 Benderesco's Avatar
    Fata Morgana is an interesting visual novel - and one that can easily be recommended to people who are not usually into weeb shit.

Its fanbase is insufferable, however, as weeblord said. Which is a pity, because the game certainly deserved better.

As for the manchildren complaining about the translation, I saw some idiots arguing that if Jacopo were a man, they would never translate it as "fragile female ego". Seriously. Sometimes I wonder if these people are not all 15 years old.

EDIT: removed a comparison that I realized was not really adequate.
    Last edited by Benderesco; May 5th, 2020 at 05:58 PM.

Funniest part is that if the people complaining about this translation choice would actually sit down and play it they would have a complete meltdown, because the original work itself is filled with "SJW politics".

Sexism, toxic masculinity,
    Spoiler:
    gender dysphoria
    etc.

I don't doubt it one bit, and that's despite the fact that the game is not even preachy about these subjects - everything feels pretty organic. Imagine if these people tried to play, for instance, "Analogue: A Hate Story", which IS rather preachy. They would have a hissy fit.

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Idk I never read Fata Morgana cuz the only people that recommend it are literally people that earned money from its translation so it doesnt seem to be very good.

- - - Updated - - -

thats why this is extra funny cuz nobody who is complaining read it or cares about it

just knows about it to get mad
    It's got max ratings/reviews on Steam. Doesn't seem like the community is too down on it. So unless their shill army has really kicked the shilling into overdrive I don't think you have all that much to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    It's got max ratings/reviews on Steam. Doesn't seem like the community is too down on it. So unless their shill army has really kicked the shilling into overdrive I don't think you have all that much to worry about.
    The number of people who have played the game is quite small, so the reviews only mean it appealed to a niche community. I do agree it is a good idea to try it out, though; game is interesting.
    Last edited by Benderesco; May 5th, 2020 at 05:04 PM.

Its got 90/100 on erogamescape, putting it on equal score with FSN. i personally dont like it as much as most people seem to, its not in my top 10 or 20 or anything, but its really unique within this medium in themes, music and art. And its a doujin product, you gotta respect that.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    quarantine is driving people crazy i guess. i think it started from someone reaching the scene and tweeting about it, to which the translator replied taht oh btw originally it was tsundere.

in other news: JAST USA, after 10 years of working with nitroplus, released their first translation of a nitroplus game that wasnt just an old existing fanTL turned official. Congrats, you speed demons. clap clap clap.
    Yogainu no Chi?

Thats their sub branch JAST Blue. It has been doing pretty decent work, they started in 2018 and have gotten 2 nitro+ chiral games out.

The main branch tho, theyve been really slow. They grabbed the in-progress sumaga fanTL 10 years ago and they still havent gotten it out.

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    And its a doujin product, you gotta respect that.
    Wow, I did not know that. That is truly impressive, given how high the production values are.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    ah good to know

Tbh, my VN experience is pretty shallow aside from TM works. I end up hoarding and purchasing VNs I haven't gotten around to due to laziness.

Your recc about that sky racing story was interesting, I remember watching some of the anime but didn't finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Benderesco View Post
    Wow, I did not know that. That is truly impressive, given how high the production values are.
    Yeah, the art is great and they even got some choir doing vocal BGMs. the only part where the lack of commercial money can be noticed is it being unvoiced, but hey even type-moon, the richest VN devs ever, made an unvoiced commercial product in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    ah good to know

Tbh, my VN experience is pretty shallow aside from TM works. I end up hoarding and purchasing VNs I haven't gotten around to due to laziness.

Your recc about that sky racing story was interesting, I remember watching some of the anime but didn't finish.
    I'll shill Aokana til the day i die. Damn great VN. Its rare to see a fictional sport with as much thought put behind it, and they really bring it alive with bombastic, fuck-you-we've-got-money level production. I'm praying everyday that the canceled sequel would resurrect, i neeeeeeed more of that shit. I havent seen the anime but unflattering screenshots + Gonzo + low popularity and critical reception makes me think it falls into the big pool of not-so-good VN adaptions.

the hardest part about starting a new VN is clicking that damn icon for the first time. I have so many VNs sitting on my desktop, but thanks to corona ive been getting rid of a few of them.

- - - Updated - - -

wont be uninstalling Aokana though because besides the usual eroscene recollection mode its also got a sport scene recollection mode, so i can just reread my fave matches if i feel like it.