Page 226 of 236 FirstFirst ... 126176216221224225226227228231 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 4717

Thread: General Visual Novels Thread

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Sakura Wars also had a lot of timed choices. The funny thing was that there were instances where letting the timer run out was the best answer. Silence is gold when two stubborn heroines pull you into their bullshit argument.
    Ya, for the first choice in OWE it definitely seems that keeping your silence by letting time run out was the optimal choice to avoid getting a punch from the female co-workers.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Phew! Finally finished "Our World is Ended". That was a long VN at 50 hours with most of that being a single route.

That was a lot of fun. A very wacky story with quirky characters and a lot of self aware tongue-in-cheek plot scenarios such as the heroes having to face their shadow selves (Persona), having to clear an Escape room (Zero Escape) and a death game run by a killer robot bear (Dangan Ronpa).

I gotta say though, not all heroines were created equal as Natsumi END had two romantic kiss scenes and an unsubtly implied off-screen sex scene...whilst the other character endings got nothing, nothing! Yeah, I get that most of the others were underage so you couldn't go too far with them, but still it feels like massive favouritism on the devs' part. I did like that the guys also had their character ends if you didn't want to romance any of the girls.

Anyways, really good VN. Would recommend~

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    https://twinfinite.net/2020/01/muv-luv-interview-2/

https://twinfinite.net/2020/01/muv-luv-survey/

Muvluv relevant again and Tsukihime showing signs of moving forward, wtf is happening. But i cant help to get the feeling half of Koukis answers are basically "bro i have no idea what we're gonna do we just announced a bunch of shit lmfao".

*satisfied sigh*, well that was an adventure alright. Finished Baldr Sky Dive2. The entire thing of Dive1 + Dive2 took me 97 hours, truly a behemoth in size, scale and production values, all around an incredibly ambitious title. And the gameplay is freaking amazing.

Honestly Baldr Sky has probably the most fleshed out setting I’ve seen in this entire medium. Only thing Ive played that compares is the Utawarerumono trilogy and Muvluv. Also Sora and Chinatsu were such great heroines, among my faves of all time. I tried to look up Chinatsus VA cause I thought her performance was stellar but from what I can find her voice acting career only consists of a handful of eroge in 2006-2010. Damn, what a shame.

The concept of ultimate final super true heroine is a gamble cause if she sucks its just annoying and i know some people hold it against Muvluvs Sumika (not me though, I love her) but I think Sora pulled it off brilliantly and its nigh impossible to not like her.

Finished the 2007 eroge Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi, or Damekoi, by prolific writer fumiaki maruto. Great game. Recommended.

its at its core an age gap romance. A 28 yo divorced dude gets used as the fall guy for his company and loses his job. Tries to kill himself, gets stopped by hot big boobie mama, falls for her. When he turns up at her door with flowers he finds out she ran a boarding house, has eloped with some rando and left her poor daughter Mitoko in charge of the boarding house while also juggling school and part time jobs. Dude moves in to support the daughter cause hes a doormat do-gooder. Hijinks ensue. I think the game tackles the issue carefully enough to not be in bad taste.

Its kinda written like an anime or perhaps tv sitcom, with every chapter starting with a short often comedic scene related to the chapters themes, and then the OP plays. I thought that was a really fun approach. Another cool thing is the passage of time, the whole game happens during a 1 year span, and the different routes branch off during different seasons and deal with the friction with Mitoko in different ways. The late game winter route being the most dramatic since Mitoko is by then totally raburabu.

apparently this game was made in only about 40 days. It shows in two parts of the game: OST is basic af, and the epilogue is an atrocious, rushed questionably written 1 hour shitshow that leaves a bad aftertaste which sours an otherwise really good eroge.

Finally got off my ass and played Subahibi thanks to Dullahans post in the video game thread. Yeah its a kamige alright.

Had a god tier experience and also vanquished a ghost thats been haunting my desktop for 2 years, feels damn good man.

Recently finished reading Chaos;Child. Definitely enjoyed it more than C;H, found it better paced overall and the swapping between the horror aspects and dumb magic sword bits was a good deal less jarring. Have to say though, the delusion triggers for entering each route made it really annoying to get through them. Especially Uki and Nono's routes. Enjoyed Hinae's route pretty well, Hana's was just WTF, Uki's was as short as she is and just really boring, Nono's was great. As for the last sudden twist in the true ending, it feels kinda... tacked on I guess? I mean, it does explain why it wasn't foreshadowed... but narrative-wise, I feel like it really should have been. Also wishing the prequel manga had been translated, want to see more of Mio being a narky bitch.

The final beeg cuhrazyy twist was actually foreshadowed a couple times throughout common route, but still i think it was a twist for the sake of a twist. did not feel it added anything of value. The side routes quality varies because they are by different writers than the main story. Main story was written by a freelancer with no experience in bishoujo games of any kind, while Hanas absolutely retarded route is actually by the writer of chaos head and was added into the game late in production because big boss chiyomaru REAAAAAALLY wanted that ghostbusters marshmallow man esque scenario.

I think Chaos Child has a lot of flaws but if you can ignore them its imo the best SciADV title. Really, if you cut it down to just Takuru, Serika and Nono it would be a strong 9/10 for me. Takurus storyline in particular is a pretty ballsy i think, unlike okabe and takumi who come off more like haha us otaku so wacky amirite, Takuru actually comes off as a critique of the toxicity and pseudo-intellectualism of internet dwellers
    Spoiler:
    and i really did not expect the true end to be a bad end for Takuru.
    Last edited by weeblord; March 9th, 2020 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Hanas absolutely retarded route is actually by the writer of chaos head
    Well that explains a lot...

Takuru is definitely the most fleshed-out I agree, though I do enjoy Okabe's silliness. Takumi was just a pain. I'd still put S;G at the top myself just for the plotline, but C;C is definitely a close second.

Finished Himawari. definitely a work on par with ryuuou in the "dont let the cover fool you" category. Twists were crazy, drama was spicy, i love space themed anime. strong 8.

Funny that the original doujin version of himawari came out in late december 2007, just a couple months before it was announced that the super famous doujin VN known as tsukihime would get a commercial remake. Flashforward to 2015 and a commercial Himawari remake was released by frontwing while Tsukihime remake still isnt out in 2020

there was an absolutely amazing FSN parody scene btw i was dyin

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm is AMAZING.

Asuka route down, 3 more to go.

JP Friend Code
    I finished reading Togainu no Chi last week. It's a BL VN that got an official TL recently and honestly I'm not used to 女性向け media like this so it was an interesting new experience. It has a pretty interesting atmosphere, and the way the guys are written feels quite different from the kind of eroge I'm familiar with.

I give it a 5/10, it's pretty decent. tbh the homolust in dies irae was better
    updated 2019/1/10

grats on the 10th anniversary, subahibi the kamige.

Finished Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm. Really, really, really enjoyed that. Top 5 VNs of all time for me I think maybe. Subahibi made it there too but i had high expectations but this one took me by surprise by its sheer and pure enjoyment.

It looks like your average moege but its honestly like a hotblooded sports shounen wearing the skin of a bishoujo game.
    Every single match had me holding my breath, its so freaking COOL and HYPE and AWESOME. and the production values are insane. Even if i were extremely dyslexic and unable to read a single word i could probs tell whats happening in the sports matches because of the high number of event CGs and smart sprite usage and cinematic direction. its almost a manga at this point. in the SOL scenes the tachi-e bounce around, huddle together, collide into another, move across the screen etc to simulate what theyre doing, and they keep bombarding you with CG after CG.

And on the soundtrack we have two Mami Kawada and one KOTOKO insert song for most climactic matches, and a piano arrange with vocals of one of the mami kawada songs for emotional moments. To further illustrate the super nice production values: eroge writers are often told not to write too many locations to spare budget (because unique background art), but with Aokana it was the other way around, sprite was shitting out background art on their own and asked the writers if they could include a location like this and that somewhere in the script.

if theres a flaw in the game, its the fact that the Four Rhytm in the title is bullshit. It refers to the 4 heroines but this game clearly has 2 main heroines and two side heroines and it shows in writing quality. Asuka and Misaki route are amazing, Mashiro is nice enough but clearly a side route and Rika is... well it exists i guess. Asuka route is pure shounen FUCK YEAH HYPE, and Misaki route is on so much Ryuuou energy in themes and writing quality I cant even begin to describe it. oh and another flaw: the MC has no business being unvoiced with how much character and personal story he has. The game even ends on a very Tsukihime's eclipse type scene of the MC contemplating his journey with his teacher.

Unlike all the kamige it doesnt have the certified kamige elements like omg time loop twist or protag POV twist shenanigans or epic life and death journey or DEEP philosophical message and themes, but its just pure fun, hype, intense, entertaining, awesome and also cute. For me this game is a kamige.

play this if you like cute girls, hotblooded sports shounen manga, and/or ryuuou. or i guess infinite stratos cause there are a lot of flying girls lmao.

Majikoi A-3 english patch is out. The team that was working on it released it on April's Fool on purpose LOL. Go get it and enjoy Lee and Stacy's route.
    Last edited by Oz1337; April 6th, 2020 at 11:44 AM.

played Muvluv Photonflowers, only took me a little over 10 hours. Didnt have very high expectations since its basically a compilation of short stories from various sources into one accessible fandisc, but DAMN did it exceed my expectations.

Extra side was alright, funnier than most of the actual muvluv extra but i still didnt feel like doing all the side stories. Did both Sumikas stories, both Meiyas stories and Tama cause shes a funny shitpost of a character. I guess the highlight was seeing these high school characters actually graduate the damn high school. And now im gonna have the muvluv main theme playing in my head 24/7 like it did for years last decade.

Alternative side was straight fire though. It really reminded me why i fell in love with the franchise almost 10 years ago and rekindled my passion for it to a degree. The perfect mix of fuck yeah bloodpumping hype and teethgritting suffering. And Michirus side story had me baaawwwling like a little bitch baby. After all these years i still love this damn series. The setting, the slick sexy mechas, the despair, the asshurt, the hype, even the retarded chara designs.

I had also forgotten how cinematic ages VNs are in the Alternative engine. Damn! The Rain Dancers and Chicken Divers shortstories wouldnt even need an anime adaption since theyre almost fully """animated""".

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Finished Baldr Sky. WEW. What a fucking kamige. Goddamn, it was an amazing ride
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Damn strait

Tfw jihad starts playing

played Ley-line 1. it was alright, most of it is pretty unremarkable but the last chapter of common route is good, the cast is decent and the production values are high. i guess if you really like both harry potter and shakugan no shana it might be a surprise hit.

the character """""routes""""" are all like 30 minute long lmao, even the true heroine.

age is streaming two newcomer VAs playing the Muvluv trilogy for 120 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJYQoMI-qEg

what the hell even is this....