Page 233 of 236 FirstFirst ... 133183223228231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 4717

Thread: General Visual Novels Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Is that permission to post this same tirade over on this thread https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...cently/page274 too?
    no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I mean, I'm pretty sure the majority of the forum regulars know better than to engage with that, and those that aren't as familiar with the poster will likely be intimidated by the wall of text anyway.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Finally done with Sharin no Kuni and it's fandisc. Great story with a great and interesting setting, and good characters and developments. That said the SoL epilogues in Yukyuu no Shonenshojo (the fandisc) dragged a lot for me and that's why it's taken me months with several long breaks to finish this. But I'm finally done. Great and reccomended read
    Its a great game, and i kinda wanna replay it at some point. Maybe. Anyway, play G-senjou too.

Muvluv chads keep winning

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can someone explain to me the current status quo of the Muv Luv Alternative plot?
    don't quote me on this

In-universe chronologically speaking, nothing has happened post Alternative. The plot is exactly where it left off when the game came out 15 years ago.
    IRL, nothing has happened in the last 6 years because Age has been pretty much dead since schwarzesmarken in 2015, they only resurrected recently with a bunch of announcements, planning to continue the series.

So the timelines are:

Schwarzesmarken --> Total Eclipse --> Muvluv Unlimited --> MLU The Day After episode 00-03 --> Muvluv Resonative (release date unknown, maybe soonish)

Schwarzesmarken --> Total Eclipse --> Muvluv Alternative --> Muvluv Integrate (release date unknown, probably really far away)

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Was Total Eclipse the one with the anime years ago, that was basically Strike Witches but edgy?

The one who's OP never leaves my head?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    There are 2 ML anime, Total Eclipse came first and then Schawrzesmarken. Knowing this, I think if you google the OPs, you should know which is the one you're thinking about
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Age seems to have invested their money in mobage and mobage/PC hybrids that look like cheap shovelware and if this is their idea of saving themselves it will break their fucking back and they will go the way of light.

On the other hand they are planning an Alternative anime but I'd be surprised if that offsets the cost of what they are doing even if it becomes an insane hit.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Resonative at least is an honest to god VN, its the final chapter of TDA.

Integrate im not fully convinced it isnt gonna be a shit gacha game, but i hope its gonna be a VN. Theyve been talking about the post-alternative plot outlines for years.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Idk if they named them yet but they did show off gameplay of prealphas in that one stream one time and it did not look great. Obviously they are too small to make something that looks like one of those Gundam games but still, probably not a good call.

Then again financially its probably not a good call to make VNs either. Gacha or the highway.

we live in hell
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Yeah those two gameplay games, Project Mikhail and whatever the other is called, i got zero interest and zone out every time the streams talk about them. Quite honestly look like a waste of time and money.

Im just here for Resonative, Integrate and the anime. But Integrate is at this point nothing but a couple key visuals and the promise of SEQUEL TO ALTERNATIVE. No info on what medium its gonna be.

Recently played episodes 3 and 4 of the 9-nine- series. This series got progressively better with each installment, and the final episode was really good.
    Last edited by weeblord; June 27th, 2021 at 08:20 AM.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Finished Jeanne at the Clock Tower. Fun game and an interesting look at christian mindset and Jeanne D'Arc. While the good endings are great, I also loved the bad endings (My favourite being Witch Jeanne's ending). Decent chuunige.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Speaking of chuunige, seems like Propeller is now back after 7 years of inactivity. Maybe higashide will return to VNs now that his old employer is alive again? Probably not, lol. Fate money too easy.

Top 50 VNs according to eng, jp and cn fandoms.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Top 50 VNs according to eng, jp and cn fandoms.
    Oh, god, every one of those games on all three lists came out after I started playing VNs.
    Not surprised to see that there's a bias towards the earlier successes in each group - nostalgia is a hell of a drug. On the other hand, Rance X is quite recent and is way up there.

Still, I do not now, and never will, understand the Western world's fondness for Umineko.

Quote Originally Posted by Toranth View Post
    Oh, god, every one of those games on all three lists came out after I started playing VNs.
    Not surprised to see that there's a bias towards the earlier successes in each group - nostalgia is a hell of a drug. On the other hand, Rance X is quite recent and is way up there.

Still, I do not now, and never will, understand the Western world's fondness for Umineko.
    Well, the 00s were objectively the peak of creativity within this medium with a lot of ambitious stuff so it makes sense that top lists are dominated by titles from that era. Theres clearly still good stuff coming out, but just less so.

From titles in the last 5 years Rance X and Summer Pockets are on all 3 lists, 9-nine- ep4, Sakura Moyu and the Flowers series are on 2 lists, and Aojashin, Nukitashi 2, Sakura no Kumo, Utawarerumono3, Kinkoi, Musicus and Kara no Shoujo 3 are on 1 list. Still quite a good number of worthwhile stuff.

Agree on Umineko though.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm honestly surprised Katawa Shoujo isn't on there. Sure it wasn't the best, but it's more memorable than some of those picks.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The lists are based on avg ratings on respective databases, katawa shoujo simply wasnt highly rated enough by the userbase.

I always thought katawa shoujo was very basic and only carried by its viral status, though.