Page 231 of 236 FirstFirst ... 131181221226229230231232233 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 4717

Thread: General Visual Novels Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Official localization of Majikoi dropping soon, if any majikoi fans wanna support Minatosoft and/or Takahiro but dont wanna pay insane JP eroge prices.

OK so I finished Meteor World Actor. I liked it a lot, the characters are great, setting is cool, the action is pretty hype (especially the fights at the end of Mel route, hell yeah), the cases were good. But it has a little problem: theres a lot of sequel hooking. Many storylines do not conclude and are building up the sequel instead. Still, I do recommend this VN, it was good fun. Plus a protag thats knocking on 30, you dont see that much in anime stuff.

Hope they localize the sequel. I hear ShiraVN is interested in doing it, but you know... if it flops theres not much incentive in doing that. Such a tragedy that Steam went and rejected it.

I got recommended on youtube the ED of the 2006 Nitroplus VN DraKoi and did a double take: IT HAS ALMOST 11 MILLION VIEWS. To compare, thats more than the VN OPs of Fate or Steins gate.

This is a short eroge that was only available in a nitroplus bundle, its quite obscure if you're not into eroge and cannot even be purchased anywhere anymore. Turns out for some reason youtube algorithms like the video and have been pushing it on normies. The song is pretty, the title is in japanese and the picture is ambiguous and non-anime, so the comments are full of clueless normies speculating what this beautiful music piece is about. Funniest shit ive seen in a while holy fuck.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    LMAO. It IS a good song indeed. The uploader hit jackpot with his choice of picture instead of going the typical choice of a CG or something
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've had Drakoi sitting on my portable hard drive for years, I was going to play it after I finished up Heavens Feel, but my computer messed up and I neevr bothered getting another partition set up.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I had drakoi waiting for years and years myself. Its a pretty nice silly little VN, and is only like 2 hours or something. runs like shit on modern computers though, crashes if you attempt to load a save from start menu but i think you can work around it by starting a new game and then loading it. I dont quite remember, i played it semi recently and had some kinda problem like that, and somehow got around it.

Tsukihime and muvluv news, what a good day.

Damn, the kikokugai remake improves the original a lot. Great voice acting by veteran seiyuu, the cinematography on action scenes is fire, especially the battle on top of the flying cars against the spider doll, and a very non-all-ages approach to an all-ages release (the ero scenes are all there, drawn in HD splendor, but the private parts are hidden).

i thought the original was alright but this was some good shit.

A little off topic but I wanted to put this somewhere. I came to Beasts lair a long ass time ago to lurk around for the Fate translations and havent been back since. Kudos to all you VN lovers that stuck it out all this time. Life doesnt make it easy but some how this site is still here kicking ass. I'd like to leave some obscure VN here for everyone to enjoy but I just havent had the time in the past decade to experience anything besides stuff like "Making Lovers".

Majikoi was my favorite VN back in the day. I'll %100 buy up anything that was localized for it.

Chuusotsu was a solid, cute, very soulful little doujin VN. Arue was a great MC, she was so relatable it got physically painful at times. This is how you write a relatable "literally me" otaku MC, narou writers take note.

One cool thing is that the art is drawn by the writer. Its really high quality for a doujin VN too.

uuuuuggggh Muv-luv Unlimited The Day After delayed to mid february. Thought I was gonna get to playing it this week.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I pre-ordered "Root Double" thinking it was the sequel to "Root Letter" (apparently the actual announced sequel is called "Root Film") and now that it's arrived I realised my mistake and now feel foolish.

I'll still play it nevertheless since it was directed by Takumi Nakazawa and all.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Lol. I didnt really care for root double much, but its got a pretty high rating on vndb and i know a lot of people who do think its the best Nakazawa game so its worth giving a try.

Playing Higanbana no Saku Yoru no. Really fun, underrated 07thExpansion game.

playing Muvluv Unlimited The Day After, good time to be a mecha fan.

Muvluv Unlimited TDA ep00 finished. Pretty good, 7/10. Took me like 5 hours. as the number 00 suggests its basically just a short prologue, to introduce the post-Unlimited setting and how hecked up earth got after operation fuck it unleash all the nukes. Ages usage of visual assets remains awe-inspiring, the mecha battle at the end was super hype. Youre basically watching the battles, not reading them. This was already true in MLA but theyve gotten more refined at it.

Man i really love the mecha designs in muvluv, aaaaah why wont you come to super robot wars........

Finished Muvluv Unlimited TDA episode 01. Steam clock says 12 hours, but left the game idle for probably a good 2-3 hours. More accurate would probably be a little under 10 hours.

Fuck, that was actually a REALLY good first arc. I like the cast, I like the new setting, the production values are just *chefs kiss*. The final battle especially, holy shit the sequence of events that led to the MCs pulling through had some really cinematic shit. And OH BOY was that a hype moment, some of the best shit in all of Muvluv. Hibiki is a pretty badass MC too. I expected some kind of whiny twerp from his looks but he's pretty mature, got a good head on his shoulders and some hype hotblooded moments. His PTSD and fuzzy memories regarding the incidents at East coast is also an interesting ongoing mystery.

Yeah, TDA lookin hella good right now. Gotta get to ep2 soon.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huniepop 2 dropped this week. I'd forgotten how hard it is to clear the later stage puzzles without all those assist items.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Muvluv Unlimited TDA episode 02 cleared, at 8,5 hours of playtime. It just gets better, this is some peak Muvluv content right here. The human gunfight section stretched age's asset usage a bit, they didnt really pull it off perfectly (peculiar since the BB gun fight in Altered fable is great) but the mecha battle cinematography is still hype as hell. Dont even need an anime for this, the VN is more than enough. Though I think the climax of 01 was still better than anything in 02, both in cinematography and hype. But 02 makes up with just being overall better. More juicy story, politics and characterization. AND OH MY GOD EDGY DEPRESSED TAKERU IN POST CREDITS SCENE HAHAHA LETS GOOOOO.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Noice.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)