Thread: Winter 2021 anime thread

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Tomozaki ep4: Tomozaki is the goodest boy.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Higurashi episode 17 seems like it gave some answers, but so many more questions.

Now having some time to calm down and think about it, Takano's reaction and answer to Rika's question might be equally as big bombshells as the reveal.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; January 30th, 2021 at 03:29 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Moe

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Very impressed with Tomozaki's VA for swapping between mumbles and assertiveness and pulling off the rant, which was kinda cringey, but also based.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wonder, would Tomozaki have been more palatable if instead of calling everything a shitty game, he called it shovelware? Shit game seems so edgy, while shovelware seems more tired with everything.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Do the Japanese know that term, shovelware?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Shitty game and godly game are pretty lame translations cause theyre not real specific phrases so when someone talks a lot about Shitty Games and Godly Games its a little unnatural, while kusoge and kamige are video game slang stockphrases. Shit tier and god tier would probably be better, hell id even argue that if you really wanted to be adventurous, shovelware could be used as a translation for kusoge cause theyre both slang terminology for poor quality games.

but ultimately, does it matter? Tomozaki drops the life is kusoge attitude in episode 1. Compared to 8man, Tomozaki is as edgy as a teddy bear.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure Episode 34: A good episode. Damn, Tailmon speaks more than the rest of the Partner Digimon combined. It was cool to see a lot of the aquatic Digimon, especially the weird ones like DaiPenmon. I was expecting Tailmon to Evolve in this episode but I'm glad they held off to give us more time to see Tailmon in action since she is an Adult Level after all. All this talk of "Fate" has me curious if they're going to explain what made the Kids "Chosen" in this timeline.

Anyways, can't wait for next week for Angewomon and SkullKnightmon not being done yet.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Shitty game and godly game are pretty lame translations cause theyre not real specific phrases so when someone talks a lot about Shitty Games and Godly Games its a little unnatural, while kusoge and kamige are video game slang stockphrases. Shit tier and god tier would probably be better, hell id even argue that if you really wanted to be adventurous, shovelware could be used as a translation for kusoge cause theyre both slang terminology for poor quality games.

but ultimately, does it matter? Tomozaki drops the life is kusoge attitude in episode 1. Compared to 8man, Tomozaki is as edgy as a teddy bear.
    broke: shit game and godly game
    WOKE: DAIKATANA AND DARK SOULS
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    [monologue voice] for as long as i can remember it, i've always found life to be a Hunt Down the Freeman
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Easy way to earn money in Mushoku Tensei and really most isekai, especially if you have the stomach for it: Become bounty hunter and get money not only from the bounty but from looting the bandits. It's easier to do this with DoA bounties because no one will question why the bandits are turned in naked because no one will be able to see their bodies because the dead bandits will just be turned in via their heads.

Blog Entries
    you can use this trick to make money in real life too, though I believe it is more difficult
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Can't be that hard to down an American soldier right?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    you can use this trick to make money in real life too, though I believe it is more difficult
    There are less DoA bounties nowadays, and even if dead, you're expected to bring in the whole body, due to technologies that allow for easier transport. You may know them as "cars". This of course then makes it awkward for you to explain why those bounties are coming in buck naked.

Fire Force Episode 18: This episode brought up an issue that I thought would have be covered eventually after finding ties to the Evangelist in the Holy Sol Temple. Sister Iris' and the lieutenant's in the 1st Company are having faith tested by these revelations and how they're dealing with the information and speculation and I liked the answers that they came to. Now, I didn't Assault to come back and outright challenge Tamaki, but I definitely didn't expect him to constantly fall over himself every time he confronts her because of her Lucky Lecher Lure. This was a fun episode for me.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    This episode of Mushoku tensei, more so than any others, is fucking testing me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wonder Egg seems to work like a Ponzi scheme of souls. In order to allow 1 suicided soul to come back to life, help several others. While their issues may be solved, the other souls don't come back to life. By definition, despite "helping" several souls, only a handful will actually come back to life. The others will just wish that they did before going back to their statues. In other words, if you want to bring someone back to life, who committed suicide, this is the same as wishing that several other people commit suicide, so that you can help them with their issues to gain "warmth points" for the soul statue that you want to bring back to life (while the others apparently stay statues).

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Wonder Egg seems to work like a Ponzi scheme of souls. In order to allow 1 suicided soul to come back to life, help several others. While their issues may be solved, the other souls don't come back to life. By definition, despite "helping" several souls, only a handful will actually come back to life. The others will just wish that they did before going back to their statues. In other words, if you want to bring someone back to life, who committed suicide, this is the same as wishing that several other people commit suicide, so that you can help them with their issues to gain "warmth points" for the soul statue that you want to bring back to life (while the others apparently stay statues).
    True, if you need to save multiple people to bring one back than that guarantees not everyone can get what they want. Though even aside from that it's pretty clear this "soul-saving system" is really messed up and probably not all it seems. Recruiting a bunch of teenage girls to risk injury fighting horrifying monsters to bring back their dead friends (exploiting their own guilt-complexes over said friends' deaths in the process) is not exactly something a benevolent god or guardian spirit would do. I wouldn't be surprised if the show pulls a Madoka Magica partway through and the flower-mannequin guys turn out to be manipulating this operation for their own ends. Overall I doubt anyone is going to get resurrected by the climax and probably the best Ai can hope for is getting a moment of closure with Koito before finally moving on.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Look. Sending teens in dungeons and bringing back the dead. I'm not against either of those, in and of themselves. I'm only looking at the mathematical logic behind this. Teen heroes are a common staple in anime, and you can spare me the nonsense about the immorality of resurrection.