Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2021 anime thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yep, that's me. Between smaller tits and eyes that enjoy vengeance, she is definitely best girl material, especially when a lot of other shows try to shove down your throat how "bad" revenge is, made even worse by the fact that even the anime version of Count of Monte Cristo did that. Indeed, Healer is good mouthwash for such a distortion of much better source material.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    I think what I do not like is that the two anime are the anime equivalent of "there is no bad publicity" strategy, show some outrageous scenarios in the beginning -> free publicity -> profit, if there isn't a more cynical business strategy I don't know what is.
    Kadokawa is apparently known to silence critique of Redo of Healer on at least nicovideo, so they obviously arent super hyped about controversy.

dare i say........ censorship?????????

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    On one side, I do like evidence that the controversy publicity angle is wrong
    On the other, silencing people and censoring criticism is not the way to go. Imagine if Aniplex had all the anti-SAO videos taken down
    And on yet another side, they might want to prevent what apparently happened in China with that Lex guy and Mushoku Tensei, but it's still not a good look. Oh well, corporate gonna corporate
    In the west, it happens too. It's just that the big names go to Twitter to call people sexists and shit for disliking whatever movie or videogame instead of silently taking down criticism videos
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's also a matter of language. When Keyarga says "heal", people more familiar with English will automatically assume that he is using a recovery spell, rather than any spell within the restoration school. Absorb skill and absorb attribute are both technically restoration spells. Combine that with the fact that his versions result in permanent, rather than temporary, boosts to his own stats, it makes perfect sense that he ends up overpowered in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    On one side, I do like evidence that the controversy publicity angle is wrong
    On the other, silencing people and censoring criticism is not the way to go. Imagine if Aniplex had all the anti-SAO videos taken down
    And on yet another side, they might want to prevent what apparently happened in China with that Lex guy and Mushoku Tensei, but it's still not a good look. Oh well, corporate gonna corporate
    In the west, it happens too. It's just that the big names go to Twitter to call people sexists and shit for disliking whatever movie or videogame instead of silently taking down criticism videos
    Lexburner can go eat shit. I can't believe nearly 20 years of ACG development in China lead to this normie fucker who had nothing but a foul mouth be the face of the ACG community.

Bilibili isn't for otakus anymore, ACFun is too poor as well, there needs to be a new danmaku site for the ACG community.
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; February 10th, 2021 at 06:28 PM.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Now I realized. The ones censoring Redo criticism in Nico is Kadokawa. Kadokawa who were behind the Kemono Friends fiasco. Kadokawa who mocked AL while acting like KanColle is some deep tearjerker about imperial Japan patriotism (like trying to invoke feelings of patriotism towards that part of japanese history isn't a shit thing to do) or whatever. The same Kadokawa who might or might not have sabotaged AL anime by telling studios with connections to them to not pick up the project
    Then, this is normal. Nothing new about Kadokawa corporate sucking, really
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Every week when I come back to Wonder Egg, it floors me just how good it is. Not just the fight scenes either, but even the sitting around playing Jenga scenes have so much little details put into them. I's kind of crazy how it's so far above almost everything else this season, and I'm watching it at lower picture quality.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    WHat a shame to watch it on lower.

It's such a treat
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Fire Force Episode 19: Maki's father being this intense towering general and turning into the sweetest father in her presence is so funny. I can't believe she actually went back to the military though, or that Hinawa told her to. And just when the Fire Force was going back down to the Nether too. You'd think after that big battle that the White-Clad would choose somewhere else to hide, but they're still down there doing who knows what.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Yep, that's me. Between smaller tits and eyes that enjoy vengeance, she is definitely best girl material, especially when a lot of other shows try to shove down your throat how "bad" revenge is, made even worse by the fact that even the anime version of Count of Monte Cristo did that. Indeed, Healer is good mouthwash for such a distortion of much better source material.
    This. I actually like when the MC say that he's going to get revenge and you know what? he get revenge. I was ofended with Shield Hero for this. Sometimes we just want to satisfy that part of ourselves and not morafaggotery. A shame my favorite revenge WN (the only one I have properly read) Katahane no Riku isn't going to get anime.

- - - Updated - - -

Respect to this theme of the idiot of the controversy and Mushoku Tensei, someone can tell me what the fuck is the actual problem with Mushoku Tensei? as an anime only viewer I don't actually found what is so different about a lot of similar products aside that seems to take itself seriously. Is better structured until know but I think is because is one of the stars of the genre?

At least I can understand the critism in Rape Healer, but let me tell this: Is weird that actually I feel a LOT more offended with Tomozaki-kun and their "you aren't living your life properly" message that whatever has been shown in Healer and Mushoku Tensei?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In terms of Shield Hero, isn't the anime toned down compared to the light novel? For example, I heard that in the novel, Raphtalia actually did try to kill that guy who ended up summoning a T-rex, instead of using one of that "if you kill him, you're just like him" nonsense.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

HOLY SHIT HE DODGED
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Higurashi 19, hmm. That study hall scene was super uncomfortable, gave me bad memories I'll say that much.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post

HOLY SHIT HE DODGED
    Yooo what's this?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Bottom-Tier Tomozaki, a show about a man who decides to give life the old college try
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Attack on Titan The Final Season Episode 2: Now looking back on it, I understand now what Berthold meant when he asked Reiner if he was a soldier or a warrior. He meant a warrior with a capital W, one of the Warrior candidates meant to inherit the power of one of the nine titans. Seeing the outside world have weapons that are able to injure these Titans that we thought were nearly invincible before was just so surreal. I think I got a good idea of what's going on now. They want to go back to the island to get Eren's power back for themselves to make their military stronger. Man, what has this show turned into?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Vlad Love appears to do the same thing as Oblivion, in terms of vampire's garlic weakness. Most vampires are unaffected, except that token one who just happens to have a garlic allergy that has nothing to do with their vampirism. Also, Van Helsink (no misspelling) appears to be voiced by Kotomine.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Two episodes in- Urasekai Picnic's pretty good, but it absolutely does not preserve the spook factor the manga has.

The faces are all too moeblob, even the deranged, not-quite-all-there guy just looks like a couch-surfing homeless dude, the jokes are more prominent than the spook, there's very little horror tension injected into the scenes, all the spooks have had the vagueness that makes up a lot of their scare factor completely stripped away, and are just generic-seeming monsters. The wiggle-wagges are far more unnerving as Undertale-style vague white blots in reality, rather than Generic Blue Ghost With Red Eyes And Toothy Mouth, and tall gate lady was a whole lot more baffling as a stretched out Ring lookalike you really don't want to turn around than as a screaming face.

Might stick with it, but only so I'll see if it passes the manga, the manga's serialisation or translation is too slow.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Where's the manga at right now? The last two episodes are the one with the military showing up, and that's episode 6.

I can definitely see where a manga version would enhance the horror factor of a show like this, since you can make all the monsters seem way more detailed when you don't have to worry about animating them, and that makes them far more striking. Like how the Junji Ito anime from a few years ago managed to fall so flat.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I know a few fans of the Urasekai Picnic novels that say the manga is a decent adaption into visual medium but tell you to stay away from the anime.