Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2021 anime thread

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Well no, Arifureta has women that don't exist to get dicked by the MC, about 100% less drugs and rape, condemns slavery, and way less misanthropy.
    Really because there is a bunch of misanthropy in Arifureta already, a bunch of drug-ish things (all the monster blood), and while MC only has eyes for loli everyone else female (except his teacher) wants him eventually. I assume rape and slavery would come if given enough time, just like Shield Hero.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I haven't even seen Arifureta before but I feel like you're severely underestimating how trashy Healer is.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Edgy Rance?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Really because there is a bunch of misanthropy in Arifureta already, a bunch of drug-ish things (all the monster blood), and while MC only has eyes for loli everyone else female (except his teacher) wants him eventually. I assume rape and slavery would come if given enough time, just like Shield Hero.
    Monster blood? I don't remember that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Isn't there a thing where he gets powers from eating monsters? And dosn't he carry some blood around for extra power at times?

I may be misremembering it, at some point all the low quality anime start to blend together. I might be thinking of some vampire-ish thing instead.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Yes and no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    watching Yuru Camp is a good way to start 2021.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    definitely Yuru Camp

maybe Log Horizon

and continuing Digimon of course.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Not at all the same.
    Arifureta is basically a comedy - there's no rape, the "drugs" is a basically one off steroids-type thing to help the MC become OP, slavery is considered a bad thing, and although he assembles a harem, the haremettes are a) willing, and b) played in a comedic manner.
    Healer is grimdark, but it takes itself seriously. The drugs aren't steroids; we're talking mind-control and torture drugs. The first chapter includes sexual torture and that's one of the high points of the story. It's all downhill from there.

It has plenty of fans, to be sure. It wouldn't be getting an anime otherwise! But it isn't a light or comedic story. Even if I expect they will alter or skim over a lot of it for TV - like all the slasher sex scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Monster blood? I don't remember that.
    At the start, the MC eats monster meat, which is strengthening but poisonous, and survives because of drinking magic rock water - which is what he then carries around for the rest of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    watching Yuru Camp is a good way to start 2021.
    Yes. This is good.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Damn this is winter is staacckeed with good sequel
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Redo of Healer is exactly what cloutchasing anitweeters accused incel hero and goblin slayer of being.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toranth View Post
    Healer is grimdark, but it takes itself seriously. The drugs aren't steroids; we're talking mind-control and torture drugs. The first chapter includes sexual torture and that's one of the high points of the story. It's all downhill from there.
    Metallica/Metallia not freaking out like Luke Skywalker, turning her own mother into a mouse, and then summoning male mice in heat was one of the best parts of Witch and the 100 Knight, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Redo of Healer is exactly what cloutchasing anitweeters accused incel hero and goblin slayer of being.
    Falsely accuse enough people of witchery, and eventually you'll earn the ire of a real witch. Too late for the stupid peasants to beg for mercy or even scream, then.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Tomozaki-kun ep1: I was initially skeptical but the first ep was great. The OP is pretty awful but its funny so I'll allow it.

Cant believe the anime leaked the entire Super Attack Familys roster, Sakurai seething
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toranth View Post
    At the start, the MC eats monster meat, which is strengthening but poisonous, and survives because of drinking magic rock water - which is what he then carries around for the rest of the story.
    That's what it was! Not blood, but anti poison healing water.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I try to minimize my isekai stuff. I started Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? I was considering Ore dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon for no other reason then it was tagged as ecchi, but then I was reminded that Hatena Illusion was also tagged as ecchi, but unlike the manga, the anime barely had any. Therefore, false positives are all too common to be a valid indicator.

Kumo-chan is kawaii as fuck.
    The animation is... not as bad as I feared, given the director, but still has some weirdness to it.
    Shun's segment was dry as hell though, and I'm really wondering what point the anime will get to if he's going to be getting segments every episode.

Also best ED of the season, don't even need to watch any others to know.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    In Cells BLACK:
    At least a couple blood cells being physically attracted to the white blood cells -- that's a great pun
    "red blooded males"
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashina View Post
    Kumo-chan is kawaii as fuck.
    The animation is... not as bad as I feared, given the director, but still has some weirdness to it.
    Shun's segment was dry as hell though, and I'm really wondering what point the anime will get to if he's going to be getting segments every episode.
    Off to a pretty decent start - it was marvelous to finally hear ないわ~ as it was meant to be.

The pacing is a concern. I checked, and the show is scheduled for 24 episodes, so it isn't quite as bad as if they were only going to do 12, but still - yeah, Shun isn't going matter unless they advance far enough in the overall story, which seems unlikely. This is approximately where his intermission chapter first appeared in the WN, so it isn't technically out of place, but his entire arc is weird right now. I mean, I don't see the vampire or oni in the promotional works, and they're rather important in the arc that makes Shun important. I don't even see Kuro, so... yeah, a little confusing as to exactly where they are going with this. Maybe they're counting on a second season? In which case, these Shun chapters are going to matter...

Quote Originally Posted by Mashina View Post
    Also best ED of the season, don't even need to watch any others to know.
    I nearly died laughing when I saw the "audience".

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    In Cells BLACK:
    At least a couple blood cells being physically attracted to the white blood cells -- that's a great pun
    "red blooded males"
    Is this show like a Hatakaru Saibou alterverse? I'm trying to understand just what it is exactly and why it's releasing concurrently with Hatakaru Saibou S2.

- - - Updated - - -

NNB Nonstop! NNB Nonstop!

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    if you are interested in Arcueid's new VA go watch Tomozaki-kun.