Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2021 anime thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    People watching Tomozaki-kun should be careful not to tweet takes they feel uncomfortable with the author seeing, cause there's a very realistic chance he'll come across it. He's a pathological self-searcher, and searches for tomozaki even in english.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    He's a pathological self-searcher
    That must be hell.

he even got temporarily suspended from twitter when ep1 aired for breaking the spam policy cause he was looking up tomozaki posts too hard.

People watching Tomozaki-kun should be careful not to tweet takes they feel uncomfortable with the author seeing, cause there's a very realistic chance he'll come across it. He's a pathological self-searcher, and searches for tomozaki even in english.
    So what if he sees something he doesn't like? Sounds like that's his problem and not mine

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    he even got temporarily suspended from twitter when ep1 aired for breaking the spam policy cause he was looking up tomozaki posts too hard.
    lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Toranth View Post
    The pacing is a concern. I checked, and the show is scheduled for 24 episodes, so it isn't quite as bad as if they were only going to do 12, but still - yeah, Shun isn't going matter unless they advance far enough in the overall story, which seems unlikely. This is approximately where his intermission chapter first appeared in the WN, so it isn't technically out of place, but his entire arc is weird right now. I mean, I don't see the vampire or oni in the promotional works, and they're rather important in the arc that makes Shun important. I don't even see Kuro, so... yeah, a little confusing as to exactly where they are going with this. Maybe they're counting on a second season? In which case, these Shun chapters are going to matter...
    Vampire girl does appear in the OP (At least I'm assuming it's her), as does Maou's gang, so maybe it will be going up to the big battle on Shun's side. Though I think the absolute furthest Kumo's side will get is her first meeting with vampire girl...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashina View Post
    Vampire girl does appear in the OP (At least I'm assuming it's her), as does Maou's gang, so maybe it will be going up to the big battle on Shun's side. Though I think the absolute furthest Kumo's side will get is her first meeting with vampire girl...
    That seems crazy. I don't follow the novels but Kumo's story only going as far as the manga is right now seems insanely slow. Is there really so much content from her classmates?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Tomozaki was the scruffiest slouchiest man alive, I dig it.

Wonder how the anime's gonna be past the manga bits I read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    So what if he sees something he doesn't like? Sounds like that's his problem and not mine
    A lot of people dont actually want the shit they spout online to reach the person in question, especially takes of high temperature.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    That seems crazy. I don't follow the novels but Kumo's story only going as far as the manga is right now seems insanely slow. Is there really so much content from her classmates?
    There's quite an incredible amount of plot covered by alternate PoV's. Kumoko's plotline is rather linear, but alternate PoV's are...argh, you'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

So, Tomozaki anime and manga couldn't be more different. Quite a whiplash, going into the anime thinking of how can it top the visual comedy and wild energy of manga and then being met with a such moody adaptation. I had half a mind to drop the anime if the jokes wouldn't land, but now I gotta see how the tonal shift changes the experience.

Oh, and I can appreciate that the anime didn't make Tomozaki scream his soul out and made his lashout more subdued than one would expect from anime. That was a nice touch.

The novels are not too heavy on the comedy. It's got jokes and funny stuff sure, but I at least never felt I was reading a particularly hilarious novel.

Blog Entries
    I am following too many LN's to entertain buying Tomozaki, so my experience is limited to adaptations only.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashina View Post
    You're right, there is a flash of someone that is probably vampire girl. I'd assumed it was Ariel again, but nope, definitely someone else. Thee's also a silhouette that might be Kuro, although I don't see the oni yet... which all suggests that you're on track - they do seem to be including everything up to that big battle. Which is a crazy amount of material.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Well the fist episode covered the first two manga chapters, and vampire girl appears in chapter 48...
    But rather, I forgot the ordering of some events and was thinking that her introduction happened later.

Quote Originally Posted by Toranth View Post
    You're right, there is a flash of someone that is probably vampire girl. I'd assumed it was Ariel again, but nope, definitely someone else. Thee's also a silhouette that might be Kuro, although I don't see the oni yet... which all suggests that you're on track - they do seem to be including everything up to that big battle. Which is a crazy amount of material.
    You can clearly see Kuro a couple of times, not just a silhouette. Oni is there in the demon generals shot as well, along with the vampire butler and Shiro.

I cant believe Tomozaki is the anime that gets cancelled in a season with redo of healer and mushoku tensei

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I cant believe Tomozaki is the anime that gets cancelled in a season with redo of healer and mushoku tensei
    High infamy with a low bounty is a good thing. Make one feel invincible, untouchable.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    It aired first. I know MT had a preairing of the first 2 episodes, but the people who go getting angry at shows in twitter watch shows exclusively in legal streaming sites, and the preair of MT isn't available in those, so
    I guess anger will get diverted from Tomozaki-kun once RoH and MT start. It does surprise me it raises more eyebrows than the already aired Hidden Dungeon, given everything
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ? Despite being labeled as ecchi, Hidden Dungeon appears rather light on it, or is there some scene that happens later on that I don't know about?

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I don't know how far it'll go, but even episode 1 had more things that'd piss those kind of people off more than Tomozaki-kun. These people despise ecchi shows and things like sisters in MC harem, no matter how light. So Hidden Dungeon should be more problematic than Tomozaki-kun
    I think Tomozaki-kun is a victim of coming right after Rent Girlfriend, so people think it will be like that show, due to similarities they see. And the gamer stuff in Tomozaki-kun also makes it worse, given the twitter offended hate gamers and can see said lingo as making Tomozaki some kind of incel gamer MC and associate him with the worst parts of gamer gate, which they hate. So a show like Tomozaki-kun that'd be harmless and is about self-improvement ends up seen as offensive due to insane mindsets
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler: