Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2021 anime thread

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure
    Episode 31: Despite being mostly a Lore episode, I really enjoyed it. We finally get the name of the villain "Millenniumon" dropped which is cool to see him properly in an animated work. As expected the Lopmon pulled a Frontier by awakening its past memories to speak with the heroes but sadly departed by the end, I was kinda hoping it would stick around and be a mentor. We also got "the power of Courage" mentioned but not directly linked to the Crest, oh well its a start at least.

Overall I'm just glad we got to spend some time with WarGreymon's awesomeness instead of immediately jumping into another Mega which is good. It seems that next episode will be MagnaAngemon too which is also swell for not having the Megas back to back.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Tomozaki is probably one of the most harmless LNs I can think of, but it managed to piss off both gamers and clout tweeters at the same time. One side thinks its racist against gamers, other thinks its a power trip about a toxic gamer who gets all the girls.

I've read the summary for it, and it doesn't seem like either at all.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So Ex-ARM appears to be Cyber-Berserk. Nudity in the manga, so maybe in the anime, too, but what definitely is in the anime is very bad CGI. Would it be good to have faith?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Digimon: we are going to have Ophanimon instead of Holydramon for Tailmon's Mega. Wonder if DarkKnightmon is a fallen Holy Digimon or something.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Wonder if DarkKnightmon is a fallen Holy Digimon or something.
    It would not surprise me after Devimon's comments which lead to people speculating that he was an angelic Digimon once too.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Because apparently no one made this before me. Anyway, my list is:

Series:
    Promised Neverland
    Slime
    Cells at Work
    Cells Black (wait, both in the same season?)
    Redo of Healer

Shorts:
    Azur Lane

Leftovers:
    Higurashi

Movies:
    Princess Principal
    Evangelion

OVA:
    Vlad Love
    Dogeza

Given my tastes, does anyone else have any other recommendations?
    Azur Lane shorts? Oh right, Slow Ahead adaptation.

Might look into it if it's as gloriously lewd as the manga.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    You can clearly see Kuro a couple of times, not just a silhouette. Oni is there in the demon generals shot as well, along with the vampire butler and Shiro.
    Unless his design has changed, Oni isn't in the OP. Of course, this anime seems to be more based on the manga than the WN, and I've already seen some places where designs were changed from the way they were described in the text just amongst the spiders and humans shown so far. So it is possible I just don't recognize him, considering I never looked at the manga until yesterday when I went looking for images of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Toranth View Post
    Unless his design has changed, Oni isn't in the OP. Of course, this anime seems to be more based on the manga than the WN, and I've already seen some places where designs were changed from the way they were described in the text just amongst the spiders and humans shown so far. So it is possible I just don't recognize him, considering I never looked at the manga until yesterday when I went looking for images of the characters.
    The anime is based on LN. The WN didn't have art to begin with, so there was nothing to change.

But here he is, the green hair horned one
    Spoiler:

An LN pic
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Lake; January 10th, 2021 at 05:45 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I polished off a bunch of the new anime:

Tomozaki: Wow this is cringe, it's like Hachiman from SNAFU with no redeeming qualities. The ED song was good, but it's no patch on "Makeover, Makeover. Makeover, Makeover. Makeover, MAkeover. Ma-ke-Ov-Er" which I was humming through the whole back half.

Spider: I'm torn, the MC is fun and the story isn't too rote, but that CG is really rough in some parts, not bad looking but just looking strange when in motion.

Back Arrow: Oh it's... sentai? Toku? Mecha? Weird. it's just weird.

Horimiya: I'm 100% down for this. Bit of lovey dovey, lots of comedy. Was kind of hoping Miyamura would eat shit at the fence, but Egg Time was good too. Why is this so much better than Tomozaki? They're both about gloomy nerds getting closer to popular girls with double lives. Is it just the fact that Tomozaki tries to go full Drama and thus overshoots, while this has enough laughs that when people actually have a serious talk it matters more?

Dr. Ramune: Meh. Where's my Frakenfran anime?

Kemono Jihen: Oh hey, Oshino Meme. Is this what you've been doing since Monogatari season 1? Wait, was that a 50's Cadalac outside this nowhere village? No, it's a 1950's Chevy Bel-air. In modern Japan. What the hell? And no that I've solved that mystery I look up and a 30 year old man is having a bathing montage with a ten year old. Is this Super Lovers, again? Oh my god, missing parents, guardians who make them do all the work but shun him, the occult, is this this Harry Potter? Okay, it's a bunch of kids not just the one. That's either much better, or much much worse.

Mushoku Tensei: Was that a Rapeman refernce with a six month old kid? Why does a family this small have a live in maid anyways? I can't decide wheter this how would be better with the MC at an older age. Having a five ehar old be perverted is really creepy, but if he was older it would be kind of pathetic.

Otherside Picnic: Is that a gun? No, just a Makarov. Haha. Oh University students, that how they have heavy machine guns and Beer in th OP. Girl are you wearing heels to fight otherwolrd monsters? The after fight freak out was good though.

Soukou Mususme Senki: Wish I lived in a world where Gunpla were that popular. Oh they're just figures? Too bad....Holy shit is that a Utena castle in the sky? What up with these transformation sequences? Full arm gautnlets become bracelets, but little back wings turn into 100 pound intracate jet turbines?

Ex-Arm: This is so bad, here's it's own section:

Oh God, everyone got those wierd eyes you see on sex dolls that look like they're open 20% too much.

What. What the Fuck. Is that a 2d and 3d model in the same scene. Both standing stock still with mouth flapping? These 2d's are flash tier. Like mid 2000's newgrounds stuff.

Why did you bother with cover, ms Not-Mokoto-Kusanagi? You had thrity guns with machines guns, and two turrtes shoot at you point blank and diddn't get hit once. Oh god the lip flaps don't even fucking match. DOES NO ONE EMOTE? Wait why does one character have shadow on the left her face and the other also on the left when they're standing across form each other?

Oh there's Not-Arima. He's only 2d though, so not gonna see him for long.

Okay so I know people have been saying this is worse than RWBY. I'll one up them and say that this is worse than GEN-LOCK.

There's no textures anywhere in these backgrounds. It's like a PS1 game.

Why is there no music in thsi fight scene. Oh there it is. Wait did they only have badass fight music.

Wit how did they get him out to arrest him? Did they cut his arm off?

For gods sake don't show insert art, it just shows how bad a job you're doing with this anime.

Anyone here seen both this and Berserk 2016? I want to hear the comparisons, because we might have a new champ for worst made anime.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Back Arrow is created by director of Code Geass and screenwriter of Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill.

it's going to be over the top robot anime I'm looking forward to.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Ex-Arm is such a disaster. Normally I'm really forgiving of flaws, but this is too much. Goddamn, it's the next Skelter Heaven. What a mess
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    They're both about gloomy nerds getting closer to popular girls with double lives.
    Hinami isnt the love interest for Tomozaki, she just coaches him in social skills so that he can get friends and eventually a love interest.
    tomozakis (un?)lucky girl
    The silver haired book girl.

He improves pretty... well, not fast, its step by step with a lot of cringe on the journey, but compared to Hachiman who spent multiple seasons wallowing in self-pity, spewing incel redditor rhetoric and engaging in self-destructive behavior, tomozaki goes from zero to hero in no time flat.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Decided to check the Ex-Arm manga, and damn. This'd be a decent fun sci-fi show in the right hands. Art's great. This butchery is a crime. I've seen plenty of shit adaptations. But Ex-Arm is easy one of the worst
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    He improves pretty... well, not fast, its step by step with a lot of cringe on the journey, but compared to Hachiman who spent multiple seasons wallowing in self-pity, spewing incel redditor rhetoric and engaging in self-destructive behavior, tomozaki goes from zero to hero in no time flat.
    Hachiman was bad but at least there was that humour there, in his internal monologues and sniping with Yuki and Iroha, that let you enjoy what's happening. Tomozaki was so dour and self serious it was embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Decided to check the Ex-Arm manga, and damn. This'd be a decent fun sci-fi show in the right hands. Art's great. This butchery is a crime. I've seen plenty of shit adaptations. But Ex-Arm is easy one of the worst
    But is it worse than Berserk?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    But is it worse than Berserk?
    Yes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Tomozaki is probably one of the most harmless LNs I can think of, but it managed to piss off both gamers and clout tweeters at the same time. One side thinks its racist against gamers, other thinks its a power trip about a toxic gamer who gets all the girls.
    I wonder if the same thing would have happened, had Welcome to NHK been released in 2021.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Kemono Jihen seems gonna be good
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Ex-arms: had to check it out because i wanted to see exactly how bad it is, and lmfao yeah its bad. This will go down in history as a legendary kusoanime. Every single cut has something you can make fun of.

Back Arrow: this mf really got called bakayaro and decided its his name. Seems fun.

I've watched each hunter x hunter and naruto/ naruto shippuden and it's far surely tough to pick out which one is better as each of them are favourite of mine but i can solution it in line with genre and what human beings will see in that each collection.

In case you are guy who cheers for the underdog and loves exquisite fights with some wonderful plot twist then naruto/ naruto shippuden is the series for you. Naruto have some of the nice man or woman to have in anime. now not so much humorous but subtle with attention given to each character and their motivation. With time I'm sure anyone will love those character ( mine is lee and gai) and cheer for them in every fights. Hunter x hunter filler at animefillerlist.net is a top notch story with some of the nice person. A number of the fights in this anime are so epic that i will watch it time and again. It is a first rate shonen genre anime and that i noticeably advise it.