Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526 LastLast

Thread: Winter 2021 anime thread

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Wixoss Diva over. A different show from previous Wixoss shows, leaving all the magic drama behind to be a cute girls do card games with a little idol element in it. No twists or anything. It was fine, and fun but nothing special. I found the cast fun, though. The door is open for some more story and I'd watch it, but I won't miss it if that's all we get
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Night and day between Tomozaki's initial monologues and his current one. The RAW POWER contained within that waggling finger and his smug digs at Hinami's gamer pride.

Glad they've made up, I'll have to give the novels a shot.
    Yeah, Tomozaki turns into such a likable and sympathetic guy. You can jump straight into vol 4, the anime is a very solid replacement for vols 1-3. Super satisfied with this adaption.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    What a rude villain in Log Horizon, I dig it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

King's Raid over. Solid fantasy show. No twists or anything Just a classic fantasy adventure. I like it. Animation was good, characters were decent. Great show. A hiiden gem IMHO
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Nobara Supremacy.

Jujutsu Kaisen Supremacy, can't wait for the second season.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Kakushi Dungeon over. Was a fun fantasy show with fanservice. I like where it ended. Decent show. Had lots of fun with it
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Senku's a really refreshing multifaceted protagonist and Dr. Stone killed it this season. Can't wait for season 3.
    canon finish apo vol 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finished watching Jujutsu Kaisen. Damn, that finale was so hype. Nobara got the best crazy facial expressions, legit looked like a bad-guy in some shots. Hope we get a season 2 to see more of these loveable idiots.

Jujutsu S1 over. Cool show with fun fights, interesting characters and a great design and personality for the villains. Powers are cool, too. Can't wait for the prequel movie and the S2 that is obviously coming after the movie
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Jujutsu Kaisen had some low points for me but overall I can at least say that unlike the Kimetsu anime (which I also did love, though I don't regard the adaptation with much reverence) I felt a difference in experience from the anime vs the manga. It was a nice experience and I'm looking forward to my adorable Yuta on the big screen.

While I generally assume that anyone who enjoyed the series would watch the movie, I do have to say that the prequel is completely canon to the main series and 100% necessary to clarify event that happen later on.

Also Yuta is cute so watch it

Beastars S2 over. A really good continuation. Some great developments for the cast and in general a really good show. Would watch S3 if they make it
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Jujutsu Kaisen had some low points for me but overall I can at least say that unlike the Kimetsu anime (which I also did love, though I don't regard the adaptation with much reverence) I felt a difference in experience from the anime vs the manga. It was a nice experience and I'm looking forward to my adorable Yuta on the big screen.

While I generally assume that anyone who enjoyed the series would watch the movie, I do have to say that the prequel is completely canon to the main series and 100% necessary to clarify event that happen later on.

Also Yuta is cute so watch it
    The JJK anime was honestly a superlative adaptation, and in many ways, the manga has felt like a rushed storyboard for the anime. I can't wait for Shibuya to get animated and honestly clarified because shit happened WAY too fast in the manga. Also, I too am looking forward to the Volume 0 movie, and I hope there are some expanded scenes because the actual volume was only 4 chapters and felt a bit too fast. Honestly, Akutami needs to pad out their stuff. I get not wanting the typical dragging shonen battle arc, but this is the opposite extreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Dr Ramune over. Not a lot of plot here, just a case of the week scenario. It's interesting how the diseases relate with the patient's lives and how Ramune and Kuro cure them. I like Ramune and Kuro as characters. They're fun to follow. In all, a decent show
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Even three months in it still feels weird to me that the thing which bugs me most in Spider Isekai isn't the out of place CG, or the generic isekai hero grinding up a weak skill plot, but the terrible skill readout. The font is blocky as hell, no background on it, and they flash text walls that make bad fictions jealous for only a fraction of a second.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's really unfortunate how lazy they are with the skill text, but it's not like there was any actually good way to adapt that. I'd rather they just cut it out entirely and only mentioned relevant ones, leave these awful walls of text to eyecatches or something.

In my case though, since I never care to even try to read these, the abhorrent CG is still the worst part. At least the human side has a very pleasing color design.
    Like, seriously, I don't know what is different about them but I love the colors there, they (alongside Y.Aoi) are what keep me coming back each week

I think the CG's fine. The only time it bothered me was the fight vs the monkes. After that, all good. Then again, I fail to see the problems with CG most of the time unless it's something like Ex-Arm or 2010s Berserk
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    In the original written material for Kumo, there are still huge walls of character stats and skill lists - and, in fact, there's a lot more material explaining how skills work and such. However, the anime decided to skip all the exposition, and instead just flash stuff up - then verbally highlight the things that are actually important right now. So don't worry about it; just make sure you understand which skills 'Kumoko' is speaking about and you'll be good to go.
    While in some ways, it's almost fan material for novel readers - seeing the dragon's stat list and knowing how they all worked was a fun easter egg - I think how they've done it is a pretty good job of getting the important information for the moment across without goinging into mind numbing blather.

As a bit of a spoiler
    Spoiler:
    the skill system itself is a major plot point, as is how skills work in explaining the life/upbringing of the Vampire girl (a major character in part 2).

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure Episode 41: A very heartwarming episode of brotherly bonding. It was nice to see Oppusumon actually in the spotlight since I don't recall it doing anything in Hunters aside from immediately Evolving into Cho-Hakkaimon when the battles began. The second the opening narration mentioned Patamon regaining his strength I figured we were going to see Angemon again, though I was surprised it being seemingly permanent...wonder how Goddramon is going to come into play then?

Next week though, is it finally time for HeraklesKabuterimon?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Kemono Jihen over. Good show. Great characters with good development, cool fights and the show goes to some darker places than expected. Had a great time with it
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watched ep 11 of Sk8 The Infinity. I guess all the ADAM haters were happy this week when he kissed dirt. Even though ADAM won, he literally crawled through mud and had his pride shattered by the notion a mere "nobody" could've pushed him so far. Seeing Reki use his special trait- his knowledge of boards and how to customize them- to get an edge over ADAM despite being wildly outclassed in terms of raw skill was so satisfying.

I have to say however parts of the race really stretched suspension of disbelief even by this series' elastic standards. ADAM looked like he was outright trying to kill Reki half the time, to the point where it seemed less like racing than some kind of Shonen duel on skateboards. I guess that's just how this show rolls though. I didn't expect Tadashi to bow out of the race but with one episode left and the ADAM/Langa Beef clearly built up as the finale I guess this was really the only logical way to wrap things up. Nice to see Tadashi realize he'd become really no different than ADAM/Ainosuke's aunts in forcing his ideal of what was good onto him without regard for his own will.

Looks like next ep will be the ADAM x Langa finale everyone was waiting for. Will ADAM regain his love for skateboarding by dueling Langa, or will he go to jail for badtouching a teenager?