Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 51013141516172025 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2021 anime thread

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Where's the manga at right now? The last two episodes are the one with the military showing up, and that's episode 6.

I can definitely see where a manga version would enhance the horror factor of a show like this, since you can make all the monsters seem way more detailed when you don't have to worry about animating them, and that makes them far more striking. Like how the Junji Ito anime from a few years ago managed to fall so flat.
    If they've gotten that far in six episodes, then by twelve they'll probably have gotten around to going back to the military, or the arc just past it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    I know a few fans of the Urasekai Picnic novels that say the manga is a decent adaption into visual medium but tell you to stay away from the anime.
    Yeah, seems like the thing to do, honestly.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure
    episode 36: Whew, that was a tense episode. Interesting to hear about the Digimon fossils, certainly explains why some Digimon don't disappear completely when they die. Something piercing the sky gives me major TTGL flashbacks. I was surprised that BlitzGreymon didn't get a fancy Evo sequence makes me wonder if Agumon will be able to keep that form or if it'll be a situational thing. I actually prefer the fact that we didn't get HeraklesKabuterimon this episode as while Koushirou's development today was nice, I didn't feel it was quite enough to warrant the emotional payoff of a Mega Evo.

So glad to see the queen is returning next week. Leomon being in next week's Spotlight has me worried...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Mushoku tensei tires me out, because we've got 20 minutes of legitimately nice character and world building as well as some tasty foreshadowing, but the five minutes where in this guy escalates his thought crimes into full on sexual assault of a 10 year old girl makes the anime such a pain to talk about. Eris beating the hell out of him is nice and deserved but I'm so tired of him and the stupid horny people in this story

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    just don't watch it like me
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh wow, It's already at that point only 1/4 of the way through the season? Wow, I'm really glad Weeb gave me enough spoilers to avoid that show, no matter how pretty it is and how much I like everyone but the MC.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    just don't watch it like me
    I'm too invested into the actual plot at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Oh wow, It's already at that point only 1/4 of the way through the season? Wow, I'm really glad Weeb gave me enough spoilers to avoid that show, no matter how pretty it is and how much I like everyone but the MC.
    There's still one more major horny scene to go that's actually relevant to the plot I have to deal with, my only salvation is that after that everything goes to hell

Banned
    Blog Entries
    When watching this week's Slime, I have to wonder why, despite having knowledge of the modern world and at least some resources, didn't Rimuru make guns and train his troops in them, at least to some degree? Nothing more satisfying than shooting a full plate knight who thinks that his armor will protect him from firearms (hint: it won't). For some reason, whenever someone calls themselves a "holy" knight or a warrior "monk", I have this odd urge to put a bullet into their skull.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I really don't know how to take this week's episode of Wonder Egg. I can't even relate this week's Wonder Killer with the story.

Also what a tacky title drop lmao

Attack on Titan The Final Season Episode 3-6:
    Spoiler:
    Seeing thing from Reiner's point of view was something that I wanted for a while. But the highlight of episode 3 was when Falco was talking with the wounded soldier. I couldn't tell at first, but the voice sounded familiar and the one eye peeking through his hair, I had an idea who it was.

But Episode 4 confirmed it was Eren in freaking Marley. And he had a conversation with his grandfather which was pretty nice even if the older man didn't know it. I pretty much laughed when Falco lead Reiner down to Eren. I didn't think that would meet again like that.

Episode 5 was intense, and very surprising to me. We have the Eren Yaeger that I've known to be pretty emotional just stoically staring down Reiner, with Falco unaware of the exact nature of their relationship, just like the end of Season 3 when he was looking at the sea for the first time. He has in front of him one of the guys who broke down the wall around where he lived and lead to the death of his mother, and he's just calm. Though he's basically holding them and the people above him hostage, he already cut his hand, he's just pretty calm. But the words he said and his intentions are pretty serious. Eren says with a straight face he's going to do to Marley what Reiner and the other 2 did to Paradis.

Episode 6 is Eren keeping his word, just intentionally killing not just soldiers, but innocent people. Mikasa who showed up with pretty much everyone in new gear even tells him this, and he doesn't even say anything. It's like he's a completely different person now, what the heck happened to him? Levi showing up as the only one not using the new explosive weapons and cutting the Jaw Titan's was so cool. The War Hammer Titan was pretty cool too.

The CGI is fine, but it looks so out of place, like the people in the new ODM gear or even the titans themselves. It was so much better before.

In a review for Episode 5 that I saw, the reviewer says there aren't any heroes or villains in Attack on Titan anymore. I didn't know if I agreed with that or not before episode 6, but now after seeing what Eren did... Who am I rooting for?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I found Healer episode 6 on a hentai site, rather than a regular anime site. Huh.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I’ve been keeping up with show by rock stars this season, and todays episode is probably the best one yet.

On the other hand i’m tired of mashumairesh’s melodrama and time wasting. Instead of an episode about delmin’s dad next week, they should’ve just hurry up and have BVL appear.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In terms of Promised Neverland, I'd compare Norman to an Enclave (Fallout) President, but there are Fallout players who unironically want to join the Enclave, so I'm not sure how much of an insult that would be.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Kumoko just referenced Tsukihime's Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if next week's dilemma will be something like "Aoi even talks to Tomozaki, I really can't beat her in anything."

LMAO at her stealing their platform though, she really is the strongest.
    canon finish apo vol 3

So was that one of the new entities from the previous Higurashi re-releases or was that supposed to be Hanyuu I wonder?

Also Keiichi take that goddamn sweater off from around your neck.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    If the dumbasses vs. Hanami was any more fluid I could drink it.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon
    Adventure Episode 37: A very fun episode and definitely warranted after how serious the last few episodes have been. Mimi is an absolute legend and I was constantly smiling during her antics. Nice to see more Pendulum Z Digimon get some spotlight in the anime. Side note, I did chuckle at the difference between Patamon and Tailmon's reaction to being told to stay with the kids.

Definitely interested in what's going on next week. Looks like we might get a flashback to how Yamato met Gabumon which I was always curious about.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Higurashi 20: I am unsure if this is just a shout out to Umineko or confirmation.
    But this has been a wild ride, let's see this through. St. Lucia is worst academy.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wonder Egg has George Nakata as a cult leader and Fit Fat candies.
    In terms of Slime, remember when I said that Rimuru's no kill human policy would come to bite him in the ass one day? That day has come. Frankly, I'd impale all the top brass of both Falmuth and the Church in retaliation. Filthy kine, like that, aren't even worth the 2 sticks necessary for a crucifixion (impalement requires only 1).
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; February 23rd, 2021 at 02:46 PM.