Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2021 anime thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In Souten Kouro, Cao Cao fucked the musician at his grandfather's funeral before his grandfather's body was even in the ground. That musician ended up as his wife. Also, Wonder Egg is pretty trippy, but Kemono Jihen, based on the description, appears to be pretty standard modern day youkai fighting. Like Gegege no Kitarou without the longer history. Also, what, are all the characters guys? Again, I haven't watched the series. Just what I gathered from screen captures and fan art.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; January 20th, 2021 at 07:24 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nah, half the kids are girls as far as I can tell, though one hasn't shown up and then there's the habit of having women voice young male characters that confuses the issue.

There's fucking a musician, then there's fucking his widow.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Akira from Kemono Jihen's a guy and has a male seiyuu (Ayumu Murase)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Huh, Redo of Healer made absorb skill spells, as I know them from Oblivion, actually useful by making them permanent.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Akira from Kemono Jihen's a guy and has a male seiyuu (Ayumu Murase)

Huh. Didn't know that. I just saw mid-back length hair on a child and assumed.

Apparently the MC is voiced by a female, but the rest are gender appropriate.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I just realized... Tsukihime Remake, Higurashi Remake, if Touhou gets a sudden surge in popularity again it will be 2006 again!

I'm keep hearing about people discussing Mushoku Tensei, I read a few chapters of the manga a few years back, what's so special about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    It is under a different name, so it makes sense to overlook it. Especially if you don't have a friend going "INUYASHA 2" at you.

I had this conversation the other day, but it's so sad that Inuyasha's the one to get a sequel. Ranma 1/2 would be so much better. Imagine Ranma and his daughter (it's always a daughter now a days) traveling on the road meeting all the children of the other couples, stealing their techniques and dodging whatever debt collectors coming for what Genma owes. I miss that strange mix of romance, shounen battle, and zany comedy that Ramna was. Remember the time Ranma got pressurepointed into girl form so he learned how to throw a tornado-dragon at people?
    Now I really want those Hitotsuma Ranma doujins.... mmmmmm... I could already imagine the title names "Stealing my daughter's boyfriend with cold water" etc
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; January 21st, 2021 at 04:00 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    It's a very popular, genre defining naroukei WN that got turned into a very popular LN and now has a very high quality anime adaption with ridiculous sakuga, but the protagonist is very divisive because of the extremely degenerate shit he thinks and does.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In terms of the latest Higurashi episode, apparently, Rika can avoid the curse by never wanting to leave the village, like she did during the first set of loops... I really hope that this doesn't end like the Taitanbo episode in Gegege no Kitaro. You know, the one that I despise. Frankly, the important thing is not whether or not one should leave the village (I'm kind of rooted where I am myself). The important thing is the ability to choose (yes, I feel like I'm quoting the third Matrix movie) and not be beholden to ancient traditions out of fear of either angering some old crusty "god" (in the case of Taitanbo) or even worse a virus that the peasantry ended up mistaking for their "god" (as you know, the real Oyashiro-sama is an adorable loli, and not the Hinamizawa Syndrome that the villagers ended up believing was "Oyashiro-sama's curse").

Eh. If Satoko's looping or knows of Rika's desire to leave, she has to have the assitance of some supernatural entity manipulating her. Probably one of the witches from Umineko. Point is, given we still have a lot of episodes left, Rika accepting and letting herself love the village isn't the correct answer. That's giving to the will of whatever is the mastermind behind Gou using Satoko as an agent of it's will. Whatever ending we get, I don't think Rika losing her freedom and loving Hinamizawa under threat of torture is the ending we'll get for Gou as a whole
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, right. I forgot to factor in Umineko villains. Still, that just further proves my point that whatever the villagers are worshiping, be it virus or witch, is definitely not the true Oyashiro-sama, Hanyuu. That being said, that was literally how the Taitanbo episode of Gegege no Kitaro ended. Kid from a long line of priests wants to leave his hick village and do something else in the city. "Totally not evil" god starts killing off his friends until he returns to the family business. Kitaro, disgustingly, sides with said god.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; January 21st, 2021 at 09:56 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Newest episode of Spider: Dragon girl (or rather girl dragon, whatever) got the Kin-eater title. But aren't dragons supposed to devour the souls of their fellows that they bested in battle? This is far from unheard of to me. Indeed, in Adventurequest, the summoned guest for a dragon slayer is literally a stunted-growth dragon.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Never thought I'd see a Winter Soldier fan in anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eh. If Satoko's looping or knows of Rika's desire to leave, she has to have the assitance of some supernatural entity manipulating her. Probably one of the witches from Umineko. Point is, given we still have a lot of episodes left, Rika accepting and letting herself love the village isn't the correct answer. That's giving to the will of whatever is the mastermind behind Gou using Satoko as an agent of it's will. Whatever ending we get, I don't think Rika losing her freedom and loving Hinamizawa under threat of torture is the ending we'll get for Gou as a whole
    Can you imagine if the resolution is a certain Blondie having buddy cop times with Rika. Karma would be indeed fitting if that happens.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Fuka is cute.

Tomozaki's quiet voice is hell to pick up on half the time, it's gonna be great when he eventually improves on that.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Tomozaki ep3 was good. I'll miss ugly hair Tomozaki, the anime actually made it look cute.

Seems they're gonna go with 4 eps per volume pace, which would mean ending on vol 3 which I appreciate. Its the climax of the first arc so its the perfect anime season ender.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    thanks to Fuuka's voice I thought her novel would be like Genji story.

Seems the redo of healer writer is pretty infamous in Japan for plagiarism. Besides the usual "unoriginal narou writer copying cool ideas, settings and lore he likes" deal, this mf actually copies dialogue and even post-scripts almost word for word.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    RIP, I heard he made a bunch of different series too.
    canon finish apo vol 3

I still like the show and it's still one of my non-sequel AOTS trinity alongside Back Arrow and Wonder Egg. This'll only fuel the shitposting in certain places if the story gets known and make it harder for people like me who legit like the show (with legit I mean, my reasons to like it are completely unrelated to "owning the libs and/or critics" or any other similar culture war nonsense). I just wanna enjoy my edgy show in peace
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

I still like the show and it's still one of my non-sequel AOTS trinity alongside Back Arrow and Wonder Egg. This'll only fuel the shitposting in certain places if the story gets known and make it harder for people like me who legit like the show (with legit I mean, my reasons to like it are completely unrelated to "owning the libs and/or critics" or any other similar culture war nonsense). I just wanna enjoy my edgy show in peace
    Funny little coincidence with you liking the show and having a Dies Irae avatar is that one of the authors he's plagiarized is Masada. He poached a monologue from Senshinkan.