Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 58910

Thread: Winter 2021 anime thread

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Funny little coincidence with you liking the show and having a Dies Irae avatar is that one of the authors he's plagiarized is Masada. He poached a monologue from Senshinkan.
    He's plagiarizing popular stuff like that so brazenly and yet continues to publish regularly? This is the type of stuff I'd have expected to ruin someone's career, the kind of news that we would hear about even before one of his works gets an anime adaptation.

Didn't the NGNL artist basically disappear after he got caught?

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Goddamn. Dude has taste, at least. LMAO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    He's plagiarizing popular stuff like that so brazenly and yet continues to publish regularly? This is the type of stuff I'd have expected to ruin someone's career, the kind of news that we would hear about even before one of his works gets an anime adaptation.

Didn't the NGNL artist basically disappear after he got caught?
    Nope. The Lns continue and NGNL Zero was made and aired after the controversy
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Funny little coincidence with you liking the show and having a Dies Irae avatar is that one of the authors he's plagiarized is Masada. He poached a monologue from Senshinkan.
    I'm actually curious where your source is for this. I mean, I'm not really predisposed to doubt it, but when I tried looking up "Redo Of Healer plagiarism" I couldn't find any more than vague references. Is this some Japanese-exclusive source?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    His nico nico pedia article has a snippet about how hes famous for his plagiarism antics and from there i ended up through the power of google on the twitter account @Tsukiyo_Rui_pkr which is an account dedicated to point out his plagiarism.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seems the redo of healer writer is pretty infamous in Japan for plagiarism. Besides the usual "unoriginal narou writer copying cool ideas, settings and lore he likes" deal, this mf actually copies dialogue and even post-scripts almost word for word.
    Like are we talking about just the original WN? Or is it even in the proper LN? Because the first isn't that that bad, unoriginal and lazy sure, but it's basically just fanfic at that level. If it's the second then a the blame should be shared with whatever editor he has for not catching that stuff, even if he was too busy toning down all the edge that he missed the copy/paste.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I hope DarkKnightmon somehow survive that, he is the closest thing of an interesting villain this show has right now.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Like are we talking about just the original WN? Or is it even in the proper LN? Because the first isn't that that bad, unoriginal and lazy sure, but it's basically just fanfic at that level. If it's the second then a the blame should be shared with whatever editor he has for not catching that stuff, even if he was too busy toning down all the edge that he missed the copy/paste.
    The examples link to archived chapters on narou so i dont know if they're in the LN and anime.

Wyrd oft nere unfǽgne eorl, onne his ellen dah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Phew, this was a good episode. So much was going on that I was like "no, don't end it there!" But thankfully it turned out to be the ad break instead. As people expected, Tailmon was inside SkullKnightmon and I liked that Hikari became more expressive the closer she got to it, instead of always being the creepy quiet child. A little saddened that DarkKnightmon didn't do much fighting but oh well. But Tailmon is finally joined the cast, I wonder if she'll be able to Evolve into Angewomon or will she also be hampered like Patamon is and have to Armour Evolve.

Side note, I did like that at the post-credits Izzy scene you can see Pegasmon's Level being listed as "???". Very cheeky.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I hope DarkKnightmon somehow survive that, he is the closest thing of an interesting villain this show has right now.
    Pretty sure he's dead Jim, it seems that he was nothing more than a shell of the captured Tailmon created to serve Milleniummon.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I could have mentioned this before, but Mushoku Tensei seems to have no problem showing shota dick but will not even show loli nipples.
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

Attack on Titan The Final Season Episode 1: The animation and characters looks nice and really similar to how it was before. I didn't like CGI they used for the titans though or the new opening. But most of all, I have no idea what the heck is going on.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Pretty sure he's dead Jim, it seems that he was nothing more than a shell of the captured Tailmon created to serve Milleniummon.
    I was hoping for an official Mega form of his

Wyrd oft nere unfǽgne eorl, onne his ellen dah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I was hoping for an official Mega form of his
    Technically speaking, DarknessBagramon is his official Mega form, but I see what you mean.

Personally I see a natural Evolution of DarkKnightmon as Craniummon as there's some interesting parallels between them. They're both Knight Digimon who wield doubled-ended spears and while Craniummon serves Yggdrasill directly, DarkKnightmon (unwillingly) serves a Digimon who has half of his body made out of stolen parts of Yggdrasill.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I guess that's parallel with LordKnightmon too.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, I think david pro is about ready to go back to making more Jojo, if all the mask stuff from Cells at Work is any indication.

I really wonder if the production company planned these schedules out like this, becasue having both wholesome and depressing versions focus on hair this week added even more to the tonal whiplash of watching both back to back.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    gotta give a prop to the directing of the last 3 episodes of Attack on Titans.

From the building up tension in Reiner and Eren's exchange to the tension of this week's entire episode and to Pieck's reaction and Porco's voice acting.