Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2021 anime thread

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Funny little coincidence with you liking the show and having a Dies Irae avatar is that one of the authors he's plagiarized is Masada. He poached a monologue from Senshinkan.
    He's plagiarizing popular stuff like that so brazenly and yet continues to publish regularly? This is the type of stuff I'd have expected to ruin someone's career, the kind of news that we would hear about even before one of his works gets an anime adaptation.

Didn't the NGNL artist basically disappear after he got caught?

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Goddamn. Dude has taste, at least. LMAO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    He's plagiarizing popular stuff like that so brazenly and yet continues to publish regularly? This is the type of stuff I'd have expected to ruin someone's career, the kind of news that we would hear about even before one of his works gets an anime adaptation.

Didn't the NGNL artist basically disappear after he got caught?
    Nope. The Lns continue and NGNL Zero was made and aired after the controversy
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Funny little coincidence with you liking the show and having a Dies Irae avatar is that one of the authors he's plagiarized is Masada. He poached a monologue from Senshinkan.
    I'm actually curious where your source is for this. I mean, I'm not really predisposed to doubt it, but when I tried looking up "Redo Of Healer plagiarism" I couldn't find any more than vague references. Is this some Japanese-exclusive source?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    His nico nico pedia article has a snippet about how hes famous for his plagiarism antics and from there i ended up through the power of google on the twitter account @Tsukiyo_Rui_pkr which is an account dedicated to point out his plagiarism.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seems the redo of healer writer is pretty infamous in Japan for plagiarism. Besides the usual "unoriginal narou writer copying cool ideas, settings and lore he likes" deal, this mf actually copies dialogue and even post-scripts almost word for word.
    Like are we talking about just the original WN? Or is it even in the proper LN? Because the first isn't that that bad, unoriginal and lazy sure, but it's basically just fanfic at that level. If it's the second then a the blame should be shared with whatever editor he has for not catching that stuff, even if he was too busy toning down all the edge that he missed the copy/paste.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I hope DarkKnightmon somehow survive that, he is the closest thing of an interesting villain this show has right now.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Like are we talking about just the original WN? Or is it even in the proper LN? Because the first isn't that that bad, unoriginal and lazy sure, but it's basically just fanfic at that level. If it's the second then a the blame should be shared with whatever editor he has for not catching that stuff, even if he was too busy toning down all the edge that he missed the copy/paste.
    The examples link to archived chapters on narou so i dont know if they're in the LN and anime.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Phew, this was a good episode. So much was going on that I was like "no, don't end it there!" But thankfully it turned out to be the ad break instead. As people expected, Tailmon was inside SkullKnightmon and I liked that Hikari became more expressive the closer she got to it, instead of always being the creepy quiet child. A little saddened that DarkKnightmon didn't do much fighting but oh well. But Tailmon is finally joined the cast, I wonder if she'll be able to Evolve into Angewomon or will she also be hampered like Patamon is and have to Armour Evolve.

Side note, I did like that at the post-credits Izzy scene you can see Pegasmon's Level being listed as "???". Very cheeky.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I hope DarkKnightmon somehow survive that, he is the closest thing of an interesting villain this show has right now.
    Pretty sure he's dead Jim, it seems that he was nothing more than a shell of the captured Tailmon created to serve Milleniummon.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I could have mentioned this before, but Mushoku Tensei seems to have no problem showing shota dick but will not even show loli nipples.

Attack on Titan The Final Season Episode 1: The animation and characters looks nice and really similar to how it was before. I didn't like CGI they used for the titans though or the new opening. But most of all, I have no idea what the heck is going on.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Pretty sure he's dead Jim, it seems that he was nothing more than a shell of the captured Tailmon created to serve Milleniummon.
    I was hoping for an official Mega form of his

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I was hoping for an official Mega form of his
    Technically speaking, DarknessBagramon is his official Mega form, but I see what you mean.

Personally I see a natural Evolution of DarkKnightmon as Craniummon as there's some interesting parallels between them. They're both Knight Digimon who wield doubled-ended spears and while Craniummon serves Yggdrasill directly, DarkKnightmon (unwillingly) serves a Digimon who has half of his body made out of stolen parts of Yggdrasill.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I guess that's parallel with LordKnightmon too.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, I think david pro is about ready to go back to making more Jojo, if all the mask stuff from Cells at Work is any indication.

I really wonder if the production company planned these schedules out like this, becasue having both wholesome and depressing versions focus on hair this week added even more to the tonal whiplash of watching both back to back.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    gotta give a prop to the directing of the last 3 episodes of Attack on Titans.

From the building up tension in Reiner and Eren's exchange to the tension of this week's entire episode and to Pieck's reaction and Porco's voice acting.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow, episode 4 of Otherside Picnic was a mess. Like it started out fine, but then suddenly after the fight there's casual mention of characters we haven't been introduced to. Then random unrpoved yet targeted attack in the real world. Then that same unintroduced character shows up again and was maybe behind it all? Or at least was fucking with them, but the thing he/it was hiding had no bearing on the story whatsoever. Also Sorowa eye was gold the entire episode when her one special ability is it being blue and perceiving illusions.

But then the show does legitimately good things, like Sorowa's backstory and her nonchalance at it. Or Loli's shotgun that's bigger than her. I can even forgive this being the third episode in a row where the MC's get tricked by their greatest desire showing up, because that's their whole motivation.

It's just a weird misstep for a show that's been pretty consistently good so far.

On the other end, Last Dungeon Hick continues to be the fantasy harem version of One Punch Man, with less quality (but still more than S2).

Also I've said it before but it bears repeating, the Kemono Jihen OP and Re:Zero ED are both amazing.
    Last edited by Mattias; January 26th, 2021 at 01:26 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, Wonder Egg also has a character named Rika in it. Her father apparently told her that "beautiful women don't need wallets because someone else will always pay for them". He neglected to mentioned that beautiful women pay in ways other than hard currency. In other words, hard something else.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Keyaruga chose Setsuna for the passionate look of revenge in her eyes. Man has good taste in that regard, at least. I also note that Flare and her 2 thugs are named after their fighting styles, while Flare's post-atonement persona and that of her sister bear the name of Norse goddesses, Freya and Norn.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The last episode of Wonder Egg did some weird stuff with framerates. All the liquid shown in the episode was animated in super low frame rates, and I'm pretty sure they did it with the new girl too sometimes (though it's way less obvious).

Not sure how to interpret it, but it's cool.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In terms of Promised Neverland, it looks like Isabella's back in the game. Eyes going from broken spirit to rekindled spirit is always entertaining to see. I wonder what caused Isabella to get all motivated again. Her passion, I mean. After all, at the depths of everyone's motivations, at least in terms of people who matter as people, there is passion (I purposely left out the word, "only", though). Passion, desire, craving, whatever it's called.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; January 28th, 2021 at 04:52 PM.