Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2021 anime thread

So I caught up to Rape of Healer and surprisingly the most offensive thing to me isn’t the rape but the goofy bullshit that his “healing” powers can do.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Absorb_Skill The difference is that the effects are permanent in Redo of Healer.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I wonder what Nobunaga felt when he found out he's in same anime (Tomozaki) as new Arcueid VA.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    He most likely didnt know shes gonna be voicing Arc when they were doing recording for tomozaki.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    of course, because VA has to keep their role secret until official cast reveal.

but if recording for Tomozaki anime is still going now Nobunaga will talk a lot to Hasegawa.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Good Lord, Tomozaki's gesticulating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure
    Episode 35: Another episode of Hikari/Tailmon bonding and development that fills my heart with joy. So it was confirmed that Tailmon was indeed SkullKnightmon which presented an interesting dilemma whereas Patamon couldn't Evolve to Angemon, Tailmon's mental trauma was the problem this time. Although she actually made it to her angel form instead of Nefertimon, which is fine as I was never a fan of that design. I did like the little thing of having the debut of a Holy Partner Digimon striking down a Devil again, with Angewomon and MarinDevimon.

Next week has me real curious as to what will happen though, the preview looks like a Izumi focused episode but we see BlitzGreymon silhouette at the end? What on earth is going on?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Blitzgreymon is indeed hype (though, I prefer if they give us the rest of the kids more focus first), but this makes me wonder which Holy Digimon Devimon originally was. I think Valdurmon, SlashAngemon, and ClavisAngemon will end up as the 02 partners. Perhaps Devimon is originally Raguelmon?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Echidna is the best character in Re:Zero just because she's also completely uninterested in all the stretched-out cheap drama in this flashback.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I got so annoyed at the stats fonts in Spider, that I just went and read all the manga instead. So much better than that huge blocky font all over the screen.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The only thing Redo of Healer that is offensive is the same reason Goblin Slayer is offensive to me, disguised R18+ series that tries to masquerade themselves to be taken seriously.

Hilariously, if Redo of Healer and Goblin Slayer were 18+ they will be panned too for being too run-of-the-mill and not degenerate enough.

In other words, Redo and Goblin only sparks discussions and controversy because they try to bring some R18+ elements to the mainstream, and have normies get riled up.

The series exists and survives only by writing things the mainstreams are not comfortable with, they do not garner my respect nor interest because I find these mainstream-edgy writing lazy.

Really, 18+ doujins are all they are good for.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Eh. I'll disagree. GS was great and much deserves its second season
    Same with Redo of Healer being one of my favourite shows tnis season. I don't think none of them are supposseod to be mainstream. Thinking all TV anime's suppossed to be mainstream is short-shighted in my opinion
    That's no different from a "all animated media are for children" stance.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Goblin Slayer's first episode was full of edge but everything afterwards actually mellowed out a lot more. It was just pretty generic fantasy, which kind of hurt it since people who'd like that bit were turned off by the beginning and people who liked the beginning had to wait three years for Redo of Healer.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Healer slakes my vengeance thirst. A thirst that was generated by, among other things, Maeda tragedies, such as Air and Kamisama, where the tragedy was not caused by accidents or natural causes, but by scoundrels who essentially got away with it because those series are too focuses on the feels, rather than the orgasmic feeling of revenge.

Eh. RoH's revenge rape crazy antics are different from the rape as breeding mechanism and threat in Goblin Slayer. Redo's also more graphic. Where GS only showed enough to not lead to any misunderstandings to what happens to female victims of goblins, and it only lasts for a few seconds. Then, it's what the rest of the show's about. GS killing goblins using plans and sheer genocidal rage.
    It's also not fair to think people are so simple as to think you can put them in the 2 groups you described.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wonder Egg Priority

I can't believe the show just went called out the most obvious theories like this, now not only does all the foreshadowing around the teacher feel like a red herring, but also they're shifting the creep vibes to Koito.

I've been mourning her death for 4 episodes but now she just makes me uncomfortable.
    Koito is clearly being framed as being obsessed with him but I'm still not trusting this man, I'm sure he's still the one at fault here, it's just that now I'm questioning whether or not it was intentional...

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    The only thing Redo of Healer that is offensive is the same reason Goblin Slayer is offensive to me, disguised R18+ series that tries to masquerade themselves to be taken seriously.

Hilariously, if Redo of Healer and Goblin Slayer were 18+ they will be panned too for being too run-of-the-mill and not degenerate enough.

In other words, Redo and Goblin only sparks discussions and controversy because they try to bring some R18+ elements to the mainstream, and have normies get riled up.

The series exists and survives only by writing things the mainstreams are not comfortable with, they do not garner my respect nor interest because I find these mainstream-edgy writing lazy.

Really, 18+ doujins are all they are good for.
    I mean, let's not expect we'd get full length anime for things like Gun-Katana or MinDead BlooD(if we did, I would seriously consider it a sign of a bad moon rising)?
    Its always going to be juuuust skirting the line and that's fine. Getting discussion going is the best way to keep a series alive, it can be the best written 0iece in the world, but if it doesn't inspire discussion and intrigue, it ain't making the ducats.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Eh. I'll disagree. GS was great and much deserves its second season
    Same with Redo of Healer being one of my favourite shows tnis season. I don't think none of them are supposseod to be mainstream. Thinking all TV anime's suppossed to be mainstream is short-shighted in my opinion
    That's no different from a "all animated media are for children" stance.
    Getting an anime adaptation means the work is popular enough that it caught the eyes of the right people to produce the anime. But you're right not all TV anime supposed to be mainstream. Still, I find Redo and Goblin premise lazy and story weak, if the two are actual doujins with R18 AV adaptation the rape being shown it would be too damn generic, because goblin rape and revenge-mind break rape tropes are too common to the point of mundane.

The only reason the two caught in controversy is because it was shown to the average non-otaku anime-only watchers, of course they would get rile up, if To Love Ru / Bikini Warriors were made this season they would also likely ruffle some feathers though to a lesser degree.

I think what I do not like is that the two anime are the anime equivalent of "there is no bad publicity" strategy, show some outrageous scenarios in the beginning -> free publicity -> profit, if there isn't a more cynical business strategy I don't know what is.

(Or maybe I'm just jealous that MY rape web novel isn't getting an adaptation)
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; February 9th, 2021 at 11:52 PM.

I guess the one thing that is good is that Japanese animators still aren't afraid to show crazy shit and full on ecchi-ness, too bad the actual R18 AV hentais aren't doing so well (are they?)

I mean, it's not like they went for that controversy publicity angle intentionally. That's like saying Ex-Arm is shit on purpose to get the attention of people who mock it for being such a disaster
    Maybe there's people who legit like Redo and GS for what they are and the controversy has nothing to do with it except getting their names out there. And in said case, maybe an argument can be made that when you dislike something, it is better to ignore it and forget it than be outraged and the blame lies on the outraged for not being able to tolerate shows with premises they don't like and needing to denounce their existence, leading to their names being out there and reaching more people who like that sort of thing
    You're free to dislike the shows, but saying people only like them for controversy or that the controversy is intentional feels like not being able to deal with people liking certain shows you don't
    Remember, as critically lambasted as SAO is, there's lots of people who love it and disagree with the criticisms. No criticism or point of view towards a work of fiction is 100% correct and objective
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler: