Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isn't calling Dead Apostles vampires oversimplifying and overall insulting to the amount lore and diversity of the group?

Isn't calling Dead Apostles vampires oversimplifying and overall insulting to the amount lore and diversity of the group?

I know it's easy to describe DAs as vampires because they have a unique nature that is vampiric and I understand that but I noticed a few videos on Youtube and comments and some people on some other forums kept dumming down DAs as they were only that.

Everything from Primate Murder being a Demonic Dog to Type Mercury which.... isn't even a DA or even anything vampiric in nature are called vampires to some. This post is probably a rant then anything but I wonder how the the fans here feel about such a label or if I'm wrong and they should be labeled as such.

Blog Entries
    A vampire is a vampire no matter how pretentious their name. Just another heretic creature in waiting to receive the Lord's judgment upon their insufferable existence.

t. Executor
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Just because they're counted as ancestors doesn't mean they're dead apostles.

Blog Entries
    Lol. It's good shorthand, but it's misleading. Especially since Vampire is a specific stage in the development process of a Dead Apostle. It's an oversimplification, yes, and potentially insulting. However, most who would use it wouldn't care that it was.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I agree, I think it's disgusting and incredibly bigoted that we are reducing such a large number of historically and culturally diverse groups under a single, derogatory heading of "Vampire" and we should encourage them to embrace their unique heritage as Moon Immigrants, Magical Science Experiments, Sentient Forests, Planet Made Human Extinction Events and so forth.

Blog Entries
    Lol, I mean In-Character.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Lol, I mean In-Character.

I mean it's a real problem. Arc introduces herself to Shiki as a Vampire, but then she gets all offended when he takes her to a Murder Alley for a date, because there was a miscommunication about her culture and what was expected.

If he'd taken Satsuki to a Murder Alley for a Date, she'd probably have a different reaction.

Blog Entries
    Glorious XD
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

People only call those like for example Nero chaos as vampire. Haven't seen anyone call primate murder or type mercury as a vampire might less a dead apostle.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    People only call those like for example Nero chaos as vampire. Haven't seen anyone call primate murder or type mercury as a vampire might less a dead apostle.
    Nero is not the best example! He doesn't even drink blood, rather he eats the whole thing.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Honestly, one of his lines in Black Beast, where he's describing how he got his name, makes me think he originally was a blood-drinker.

He said he was deemed to no longer be just a vampire and was instead something else once he turned his body into that. I always assumed that he and Roa cooked up a way to create Reality Marbles from the forbidden Magecraft they worked on together, at which point NRVNQSR became a walking zoo.

Tbh, it's just speculation, but still.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Nero is not the best example! He doesn't even drink blood, rather he eats the whole thing.
    There are folk stories about flesh eating vampires I believe

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I vote we change their name to the Dead Apostle Boomers, to update the language to modern times.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    I vote we change their name to the Dead Apostle Boomers, to update the language to modern times.
    In that case, should we change True Ancestors to True Boomers then?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I agree, I think it's disgusting and incredibly bigoted that we are reducing such a large number of historically and culturally diverse groups under a single, derogatory heading of "Vampire" and we should encourage them to embrace their unique heritage as Moon Immigrants, Magical Science Experiments, Sentient Forests, Planet Made Human Extinction Events and so forth.
    /thread

Really... lol
    burn your dread you coward

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    the dude is literally a walking space-time continuum

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The fact that most vampiric trait bearer beings on Tsukihime are treated as classical vampires (as in, Bram Stoker) is largely because Tsukihime had very little development on its base concepts and was left like that for a long time.

This plus the fact that it was created in a time when things like Akumajou Dracula, Hellsing and that book were the mainstream also helped create this "vampire genre" popularity, so pretty much anything that sucked blood and had some nobility/aristocracy would be a vampire.

I would expect that on the next decade, when things will be remade​ and lots of potential novels and materials will be made more accessible, things will be clearer. Just having more information of the 27 will already be a big help.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlkonig View Post
    A vampire is a vampire no matter how pretentious their name. Just another heretic creature in waiting to receive the Lord's judgment upon their insufferable existence.

t. Executor
    Dead Apostle is to distinguish the "classic vampire" from other vampiric creatures who suck blood but do not fall into the vampire category, such as Akiha. The Church mainly focuses on said "classic vampires" AKA Dead Apostles.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, Dead Apostle encompasses both classic vampires and mages who became blood-consuming immortal through all the weirdest ways. Even outside of the "anything goes" nature of the DAAs, Nrvnqsr is still counted as a Dead Apostle.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, yes, all of those are undead. However, Akiha's bloodline is from the oni. In other words, living, like Shuten, who can make babies the old-fashioned way (as opposed to the undead-type oni, like in Kimetsu no Yaiba).