Thread: Melty Blood: Actress Again PS2 - Translation Insertion *WIP*

Melty Blood: Actress Again PS2 - Translation Insertion *WIP*

This is something I was working on for a long while (when there is a mood and enough of free time). And I have no idea when it will be finished.

Why: Because I think the PS2 version is better. I love the UI of this version more, there is unlockable content and Boss Rush mode, and absence of annoying blurry effects and filters as well.

Translation insertion status:
    Text: ~25% inserted
    Graphics: 0% inserted or edited

Translation screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Cool, looking forward to it.

Sadly, I think the absence of more modes in AACC was due to its original release as an arcade (albeit updated) version.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    Sadly, I think the absence of more modes in AACC was due to its original release as an arcade (albeit updated) version.
    This may not be necessarily the case. The Boss rush mode, in a sense, still presented in the PC release, and was even translated officially. It's really weird why didn't they include it. Well, at least they added the Netplay

And that netplay (the original, don't know if the steam version does it differently) ended up choking didn't it. I would've liked AACC to be the definitive version.
    Last edited by Crown; January 14th, 2021 at 12:34 AM.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    The steam netplay, putting the quality aside, is pretty barebones. IIRC it at least has a lobby, that's a step up from Act Cadenza and the Carnvial Phantasm PC release. But best I can say about it is that you are at least not writing each other's IP into the actual game like you would in Hisoutensoku.

Anyway;

- - - Updated - - -

This is impossible to get unless you are willing to play a 400 ping H-Nanaya who lives on the Philippines. Wonder if that guy is still around.

US Friend Code
    Wow... i never played anything from Melty Blood Series... but i really looking forward to this translation

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    The steam netplay, putting the quality aside, is pretty barebones. IIRC it at least has a lobby, that's a step up from Act Cadenza and the Carnvial Phantasm PC release. But best I can say about it is that you are at least not writing each other's IP into the actual game like you would in Hisoutensoku.

Anyway;

- - - Updated - - -

This is impossible to get unless you are willing to play a 400 ping H-Nanaya who lives on the Philippines. Wonder if that guy is still around.
    What would you recommend for the best netplay experience? I was trying to play with someone yesterday, in fact, from the phillippines and cccaster timed out. Will try again, maybe I fucked up something.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    It happens to me too. There's a particular someone I have trouble connecting to, our providers must hate each other.

1) Make sure that you have the same version of cccaster
    2) Make sure that you clicked the same exe (I think 3.0 is normally used today?)
    3) Make sure you're using a reasonable port, like say 7500
    4) Make sure your ports (used to host) are not being blocked. Antivirus and firewalls can do that, even if it's rare these days. Generally the ports don't need to be forwarded, but you can do that.
    5) If everything else fails, you can use Hamachi or a VPN or something to side step any inherent problems with your connection, but this will probably not make things better.

Typically 0-1 delay 3-4 rollback is used for connections deemed good. Playing someone with ping over 100 is probably a bad idea.

If at all possible, try to use a wired connection over wifi on at least one side. Wi-fi drops packets if it's trying to go both ways at the same time, which means that if both players are mashing and pressing inputs at the same the the opponent does, only one side of the inputs will register. You will probably notice that your inputs are being eaten when this happens. As long as there's only one wifi and/or the providers don't suck, though, you should still be fine.
    Last edited by Ratman; January 15th, 2021 at 12:36 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I played a bit of the other previous melty blood versions and I didn't know they had different modes but they were in a different game. I wished all the previous game modes were in current code but now I wish a melty blood version where it has all the content.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    It happens to me too. There's a particular someone I have trouble connecting to, our providers must hate each other.

1) Make sure that you have the same version of cccaster
    2) Make sure that you clicked the same exe (I think 3.0 is normally used today?)
    3) Make sure you're using a reasonable port, like say 7500
    4) Make sure your ports (used to host) are not being blocked. Antivirus and firewalls can do that, even if it's rare these days. Generally the ports don't need to be forwarded, but you can do that.
    5) If everything else fails, you can use Hamachi or a VPN or something to side step any inherent problems with your connection, but this will probably not make things better.

Typically 0-1 delay 3-4 rollback is used for connections deemed good. Playing someone with ping over 100 is probably a bad idea.

If at all possible, try to use a wired connection over wifi on at least one side. Wi-fi drops packets if it's trying to go both ways at the same time, which means that if both players are mashing and pressing inputs at the same the the opponent does, only one side of the inputs will register. You will probably notice that your inputs are being eaten when this happens. As long as there's only one wifi and/or the providers don't suck, though, you should still be fine.
    Thank you very much. In the end I had to forward ports and fiddle with the firewall manually.
    Last edited by Crown; January 19th, 2021 at 12:44 AM.

Wow, that's surprising! In the PS2 version almost every character has a description, in English

but they are not used anywhere it seems.
    Non-native English speaker.

"Girl with addict eyes of direct death."

Can you make an album with all of them? I enjoy TM's engrish unironically.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Don't these flash on the VS screen?

I've definitely read the DoO one before.