Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Destiny (Quest)

夜属 Nightkin GilgameshKingOfMemes's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    12. A Cruel Pink Hue
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(BGM)
    Not that she would ever tell anyone, but Makoto's favorite color is pink.

Since she was a young girl she always held it dear in her heart. Even when the painting of the past fades, that visage of pink remains pristine. Its vivid shade lingers forever in her dreams. So deeply stuffed in her skull Sakura petals might flood from her ears as she rests. It’s truly one of her favorite things, those gentle leaves.

The cool breeze would so often mix in these pink hues with the light blue sky as the cherry trees outside the shrine lost their leaves in the spring. Towering works of art which bloomed and shed their luster every year, she could look forward to it eagerly. Now thinks back on every night. It’s an eternal dream ever repeating, so far removed from its formation it might just be nothing more than fantasy.

Spring was always the best time to go out, when the world was filled with that color and the weather served only to accentuate the splendor. She used to be so eager to see it. She begged to train in the yard instead of the dojo when morning practice rolled around during the period. Misaki was never particularly eager to step outside of her well tread routine, but mother encouraged them both to experience the early springtime air.

Even as time peels away the details of these memories, those trees at least remain planted strongly in their mind. It had been too long since she was able to stand under one. This dream would suffice all the same. It still remained a beautiful photograph in her mind, regardless of all decay.

Thus with vigor two girls swung their swords out by the forest line in front of the temple, the spot with the greatest number of visible cherry trees.

“You’re putting too much power in those swings Makoto. You lose control of your sword that way.”

“Okay….”

With a grunt she tries to withhold her forcefulness, but every swing feels too limp in comparison. She didn’t really get it. Regardless, she tried her best to follow her sister's graceful strikes. Perhaps if she worked hard enough to mimic that form she could do it just the same.

“Our craft is an art before it is a means of violence. A powerful strike or gentle one means nothing if the technique is not there. So it’s okay to take things slowly. Pick the pace as needed.

“Slowly…..”

“That’s right. You’re doing good. I know you have it in you.”

It was never quite right. It still fell short of what she was trying to do. It was an improvement for the day though. At least as a child that was enough to make her happy.

She could still enjoy it all as the morning slowly came to end.

“You did good, Makoto. You’ll be a master in no time.”

“I will?”

“I know it, one day it will be true. Let’s keep working at it, okay?”

If only the Makoto imagined. That I could fight for the title of Kensei like you.

——————————————————————————————————

“What a saccharine dream. A beautiful little picture of the past that only serves to sour your pitiful present. Oh wicked soul, do you not wish to rectify this reality?”

“…….”

The darkness sighs. How depressing a sight it thought. A sullen, huddled form still afraid to gaze at the truth before her.

“That demon before you is nothing worth fearing. Just another abomination of the earth. Just a man. There should be malice! Vile contempt! Monster or not, nothing has truly changed for him but the deformity of his appendages. He breaks like any other weak animal. I wouldn’t have to be doing this now if you weren’t so afraid of death you won’t even acknowledge the souls which crumble around you.”

The girl shrinks a little further into herself.

“So you’re the one who took care of the yokai earlier.”

“There are no others it could be. You’ll pile up too many dead ends with such an attitude. You’ve died once today, no reason for another so soon.”

“What do you want?”

“You say you’re tired of the moments which pass you by, yet even now you anguish at the sight of the world. You can’t even confront a man who has made your life miserable thus far. This pain, this twisting in your depths brought enough stimulation to my existence that I might exercise my will. While my body is sealed back in the shed, my essence is eternally bound to yours, a shadow to always follow behind your every step. It’s only natural I arrive to help now.”

The creature is impossible to see but even so their presence beside the girl is felt like a heavy weight.

“I can offer all the things you’ve ever wanted, and in exchange you can free my body. Our dead dreams no longer have to remain so unsightly.”

“That’s a bad idea if I've ever heard one.”

“You saw the Witch, now and forever after I am but your familiar. A willing slave, the envy of magi world around. A shikiōji which could have only been sealed by Seimei himself. Only apart are we destined to remain worthless.”

“And you’re offering what?”

“The thing you’ve always wanted. The promise you made to one most dear. The incarnation of that faded, endless dream. I can give it to you. One step at a time. To me it sounds like a pretty fair trade.”

The girl shifts uncomfortably in place.

“Let’s become a Sword Saint.”

It was an offer hard to accept but seemingly impossible to deny. Such a thing was beyond even her sister. For her, who has hardly escaped the amateurish skill she started with, it was nothing but a fantasy.

“I too am bound to failure by the forces of destiny. Like Icarus I once flew too close to the sun. The heavens were declared the domain of Gods and humans were fated to always fall short. So when I flew, I was cast to Earth as nothing but the muck you see now. The world demanded I fail. My victory went against the very laws of this world, an impossibility not meant for me.”

Somehow the darkness grips the girl's hand. An unshakable cold vice which conveyed a pure eagerness somewhere within which shook her.

“In the face of natural inequality, the laws which bind our very understanding of existence, only a miracle of God could shake the binds. Think of what’s happened to you today. Destiny is real, cruel, unimaginable. Yet now we have a fantasy to believe in, a thing beyond even magecraft which denies the natural order. Let’s contract, and design a world in our image.”

“…..The power to break fate….. Did you figure out what it is?”

“I think I know, but do not be fooled. This world is always unfair, even so power is now something you can take hold of. Fate can be in your favor now, and you can finally change for the better, discard the worthless shell.”

The girl sat there bathed in silence. It was hard to say anything at all.

“I really can’t do it…… That Dream, it’s still important to me.”

“You poor, pitiful disappointment. What sham of a promise, what worthless faith. When has the world ever been so kind? Your sister was simply ignorant is all, unaware of another truth of your destiny. You’ve done nothing for over a decade now. Wasted it down to the second, every moment spelling regret. Idly your self crumbles to waste and passes in a listless void. Is it not time you made a better choice, you worthless hikikomori?”

The darkness presents a hand. An odd dangling thing, like the Buddha's spider thread.

“Am I so low that I would contract with a demon?”

“What do you have to lose? You are the worst humanity has to offer after all.”

——————————————-——————————————-——————————————-——————————————-
    Time: Afternoon
    Overall Status: Decent

Character Status
    Health: 200/400 (Injured)
    Stamina: 400/400 (Excellent)
    Mana: 200/400 (Decent)
    Mental Health: (Stressed)-----> (Apathy)

(BGM)

There’s an emptiness to this serenity.

Without the power of a master's gentle calm this peaceful heart is nothing more than apathy.

Even so, this is the manifest of my desire. A power of my own, it’s a dream that now overflows my veins. I can finally do something with this right? I have the opportunity to act as I please right?

Then I’ll do it. I’ll extinguish this abomination.

Moving with instinct I end the creature where it stands.

It’s just a swift movement across the room. A casual action really. It’s just so easy now.

With its attention taken it could not defend, being simply hacked in two. It’s a satisfying motion, truly a kind of perfection I wouldn’t have been able to comprehend before. Too distracted by the enforcer that opposed it, it fell without resistance.

““▂▂▃▃▅▅■■▂▂”

The creatures deformed squirms upon the floor like a discarded lizard's tail. Looking at the man now I feel fairly distant. Who he is….. I couldn’t care either way. It’s cries fade and I can finally move on from its annoyance.

“You alright?” I say looking over to the enforcer.

“If you could do that then what have I been doing this whole time?”

“It’s uhhh, new to me too.”

“What happened to you in the last two seconds?”

“It’s just ummmm, family magecraft.”

Some things just aren’t worth explaining. Right now we have more important things to worry about.

“Very well.... He seemed a little different from the rest of yokai here, I’d like to investigate.”

Pulling herself out of the wall she got thrown into as if nothing had happened, Bazett casually walks over the corpse on the floor.

…….

Is this woman actually damageable? Couldn’t you pretend to be a little bothered by all that at least? I wanna believe I’m still impressive for a bit.

“I suppose the concerning part was that he was himself. You said all the other yokai had burst out the magi attending here, but that doesn’t seem to have occurred for him. They've like.....merged......”

“That seems to be correct. Their body is even wearing what remains of its clothing and bears a resemble to their regular body. It’s possible they might still possess something of value to us as well.”

“I call dibs if he has money on him.”

Bending down I start searching the body's pockets. It’s starting to leak from the wound I made. It's kind of gross to squat here, but it’s a bit too late to worry about my shoes.

Rustling around in their pockets I find mostly junk. A strange herb, a picture of his family and a pack of cigarettes. Most of this isn’t of any value but there is one thing that could be of use. They do have a phone.

Before I can open it Bazett shows something to me.

“Do you know what this is?”

Holding up a small piece of paper it unfolds to reveal a single image. It’s a recognizable and ugly creature. A black and white drawing of yokai.

“That’s a yokai called Nurarihyon. I don’t know why he would have a picture of that. I can only assume it has something to do with the situation but I don’t know what. I’ve heard it called a supreme commander of yokai but I thought that was a misconception.”

“There seems to be some magical energy to it. I assume it must do something?”

“Do you think it made all these yokai?”

“It feels unlikely that someone would be able to cause this kind of damage by just distributing paper.”

I suppose that makes sense……..

Wait a minute. It doesn’t look like the kind I know of but perhaps it’s a manikin? I really am at a loss as to what this thing is supposed to be here for besides just being a drawing.

“I can’t figure it out. This entire day has been beyond my pay grade. At the very least I have their phone.”

“We can only hope it has something that will spell it out for us.”

I can feel the phone suddenly buzz in my hand.

Not a chance.

“Eh?”

“What is it now?”

“The phone responded to us…. It’s a text message.”

You’re a difficult woman to predict, I’ll give you that. Not that it’s particularly important right now.

What is this? Everything just keeps happening, it’s like getting swept in a stream.

“How do they know our position? How are they even getting a connection?”

Unimportant. Who cares? Not me. Anyways, you have been tracked by the fox since you were outside. Luckily I know it’s all it’s moves. Like in 5 seconds Bazett my friend, swing as hard you can to your right.

With a powerful force Bazett swings her fist aimlessly to her right. Smashing into a shadow on the wall there's a small yelp. Falling to the floor, no longer hidden is a small fox like creature similar to one I saw punt a while back. So we've been tracked for some time now.

Enter the room in front of you. The other fox may or may not be catching up to you.

“They want us to enter the room this guy came from.....”

“This figure appears to be very untrustworthy. It’s difficult to discern honesty from them. Though somehow they were able to discern this familiar.”

Bazett idly picks up the corpse only to see its dead and without anything to gain tosses it aside.

“I’ll leave this choice up to you. You probably have better instincts.”

How annoying just getting dragged along by another new development. I think this guy has to be the clairvoyant. At least they’re an established player. That’s not new.

“The chances of a trap seem low, even so that does not mean we won’t be playing into their hands. I suggest we enter cautiously.”

“I would hope so”

Excellent! Just follow the texts and you’ll be fine. The fox is one minute away from touch down here. Talk about timing.

————————-————————-————————-————————-————————-

(BGM)

And if you turn right you’ll enter the office of poor Mr. Anderton (he’s dead don’t worry). Anyways his family wasted their entire life preserving an Age of Gods ward so it can buy you a good 5 minutes. Just put the little gem in the locket on the table.

“I really don’t like the implications of what you just sent!”

Turning to the right I stumble right into the office the test told me would be there. Without hesitation I quickly lock the door.

Tensely I speed walk over to the table and grab the small locket. Pushing some random books to the side I grab a small red gem. It seems to fit well enough so I quickly slam it inside.

Great, have fun in there. If you’re worried, in approximately 5 minute your servant will return to you. How funny, what are the odds?

“Apparently we have 5 minutes in here before my servant shows up how funny. Right now we have to depend on this defensive ward amulet thing…. Never did specify what it was.”

“I find it odd that such an item would just be lying around.”

“Perhaps it was in use recently…..”

“I’m going to investigate further.”

It’s pretty much just a fact at this point that there’s more to this room right. After everything that's gone on there has to be something for me. I just kind of have to accept that this is how the game is being played. Still, this doesn’t feel right. Aren’t I supposed to be able to break fate now or something. Maybe I just haven’t grown into it. Or maybe I’m just now wise enough on all the factors at play…..

There’s suddenly a loud crash outside the door. Despite being a thin wooden door with a small window center such a forceful pounding outside didn’t so much as crack it.

……….

The fox is uhhhhh…………..Bigger………

“At least the ward works…...”

“Good to hear because I’ve found something.”

“That was to be expected I suppose.”

Leaving the scary fox behind I walk across the room over to a small table on the other side of the room which Bazett is intensely looking over. It’s incredibly cluttered, the entire thing enveloped in papers and books. Having pushed a fair few to the side however, Bazett is staring down at something far more recognizable.

“Is that a map of London?”

“Correct. There’s also a second map underneath of the sewer system.”

Looking closer various locations across the city are circled and entire thing is covered with ineligible scrawl….. I say that but I’m just not very good at reading cursive yet. English is hard enough without the random fancy font mode.

“What do you see?”

“Looking over the notes it appears the Clocktower has been investigating evidence of minor spikes in magical energy across the city for the past month or two. So far they haven’t turned up anything. Anderton, following a suspicion, notes that they were close to locations like grocery stores, restaurants and water treatment plants. and has marked it all on this map.”

“Of course that's the situation. So whatever it was got in through the diets of the magi coming here I assume. Though that could also mean this might be a plague on the entirety of London depending on if it needs magi to manifest.”

“I’m not sure how something like this is possible. Regardless, with recent developments something approximating his hunch appears to be the case. The notes also mentioned a deformed frog thought to be some failed experiment somewhere in here I wish to look at.”

Does this mean that’s what happening here is like some kind of disease? A parasite? Rather than some grand ritual or spell, is it the side effect of a creature? I don’t think there’s a yokai like that……

Maybe the servant can do something more abstract. People are afraid of disease, so it can create something like that. I guess there’s no point in randomly throwing guesses out, what’s important is that we have a better idea as to how this happened.

How much longer do we have left anyways I didn't keep track? I can still hear that fox scratching at the outside of the room. I should actually look at the phone's contents while I have the time.

Thinking about it…….

Why does he have a phone anyways? Most magi don’t use modern technology very much, and I don’t think a dumb old guy like him would do something like get a phone.

Is this phone even his then? With a greater curiosity I open the phone and start digging around.

There aren’t any apps that don’t come with the phone by default. They have one contact, shehdbdbehehd…..

It’s literally just gibberish.

Checking the messages they are seemingly the only person they’ve talked to. They just kept sending them pictures of some random guy from distant enough positions that show this was clearly stalking. Wouldn’t put it past him.

Scrolling through it goes back over a month, just endless pictures of them from across London without a single response from the contact.

Seeing as some of these photos are of this room, there’s only one guy it can be.

Does this mean the professor has been compromised for a while now? I suppose I haven’t seen much of him. I’ll have to see what else is on this phone……

Wait a minute, the contact is a phone number right? Could I call it?

“I found the specimen. I will be taking it as evidence.”

From the other side of the room Bazett holds up a small case with a terribly deformed frog. It’s grown extra eyes and human-like limbs alongside a terrible predator grin on its back side. It’s all around an unsightly abomination and I wish she didn’t show me it.

“That’s great and all but I think-“

There’s another powerful rumble as the room shakes again. From outside the door I can see that fox banging against the wall, the stone finally starting to crack.

“Your servant is supposed to show up soon correct?”

“They’re supposed to….”

“We must be prepared to fight regardless.”

With every loud smash against the stones and every splinter of the wood door I grow ever more nervous.

The fate I’m supposed to fight against is supposed to save me this time around right? I can at least have a little faith in that…… This lack of control remains concerning but I’ll take what I can get.

“I hope you’re ready worms!”

I flinch as the wall finally falls and a courage of black and jaws fills the space.

“What is this!”

The foxes roars are suddenly cut short as it collides with a golden wall of light.

“A pale imitation of the true divine glory of my lord could never hope to pierce their light. To raise a hand against the chosen is a true testament to your limited intelligence you lower mammal.”

In the bright ostentatious golden light I’ve been growing familiar with my servant finally manifests by side. Despite their confidence their body looks half dead. Wounded and blood stained she does her best to upkeep that arrogant persona.

“To think I have traded one demon for another. It was pain to get here already, just what trouble have been you been getting yourself into?”

“Where in the world have you been! That should have taken two minutes! I thought you were fighting a trash mob!”

“I was and I took care of it. Spirit form or not it takes some effort to make my way through this kind of location.”

The fox in an effort to break through tears apart it’s side of the room in the aftershock of its forceful collisions, but the barrier won’t begin to budge.

“Be thankful, this creature personally insults me with their presumption that they have a right to exist in this world. I will obliterate them as well.”

Extending from their feet a golden circle begins to fill the room. As soon as the fox touches it is suddenly thrown out of the room with a painfully violent spasm.

“Go ahead. Enter the domain of the sun God.”

With a growl the fox steps into the circle only to instantly burst into flames. It’s claws dig deeply into ground as it tries to pull itself forward but every ounce strength seemingly only goes towards keeping itself in place.

I single golden fist flies out from Akhenaten back and launches the creature out into the darkness. There’s a moment of silence but it never returns.

“I feel like your power level is wildly inconsistent.”

“I’m simply more willing to be serious against such pathetic imitations of the divine.”

“Ugh, whatever! Took you long enough!”

I think I’m right when I say I might have gotten one of the weakest servants around. I mean, she’s an archer without a bow and acts more like a mage with her flashy magic.

“Regardless of how long it took to kill the creature you shouldn’t have gone so deep if you wanted me to find you quickly. Even in spirit form with our divine connection it still takes time to navigate a fortress like this.”

As Akhenaten continues to rattle on about how annoying it is to move through the Clocktower her body begins to vanish in a golden light.

“Ah……. Whatever, let’s just move on already.”

“…….”

With the tall string bean of a servant out of the way in left awkwardly staring at the silent enforcer, still holding on to that damn deformed frog. A number of other papers are held under her other arm.

“I guess it all worked out…..”

“I am still curious as to the motivations of whoever texted us, but I am glad it did not go badly. Seeing as your servant is with us now, it should be much safer to make our way to a member of policies now.”

“Oh right, that’s what we are doing. Do you know where we might find them.”

“I know several possible locations we can reach from here. It’s difficult to know if any of these set locations are still populated but we can’t check all of them if we have to.”

I’d hate to waste more time searching these places but I guess we don’t have a choice.

“When it comes find life I might know a thing or two. The blessings of Aten fill me. If I put my mind to it, I will locate any survivors without issue.”

“I thank you for the assistance. We must hurry in order to deliver our information as soon as possible.”

Without another word Bazett heads back out the giant hole in the wall.

Speaking of evidence, I still have this phone…..

Wise Up

Akhenaten:
    Skills:
    Blessings of Aten:
    -Creates barriers and areas which inherently reject the divine.
    -Allows Akhenaten to detect the life force of others.

Misaki:
    -Basic profile has been added.

Choices
    Do I want to hold on to this.....

1. Give Bazett the phone.

2. Hold onto this phone for myself.

3.Visit Roko
    4.Write in

JP Friend Code
    2. Hold onto this phone for myself.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar

JP Friend Code
    13. Awkward Encounter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Status
    Mental Health: (Awkward)

Of all the things I was expecting to be bothering me with the pain and the death going, this damn rune on my side being itchy was not what I was expecting to perhaps be the worst annoyance.

It’s great that this rune lets me walk and numbs some of the pain but this irritation sucks. The entire walk to meet the people from policies I’ve been thinking maybe it was better if I just never got the rune.

I suppose it could be worse and something could have showed up on the way over. Luckily, our journey was uneventful and we arrived to their makeshift little base.

Hidden within some ancient room tucked away in a stone hallway, I find myself in some kind of fancy office space. Everywhere I look I see people working with a panicked vigor. The rooms white, pristine architecture is dirtied by the constant commotion. All sorts of mages have begun to track in dirt and blood, with various papers and junk littering the room in the bustling.

I keep watching them run around like worker ants. This place is unsurprisingly high class and well defended as a place of politics, I just never thought I’d see the day I would be inside it. Makes sense that these people are fine. They wouldn’t bother with our low class water, there’s not a chance they could catch some magic plague.

I never thought someone like me would be here, it’s a little nerve wracking. I’m not sure here by chance after, I’m helping to give away valuable information. Now I’m meeting some important person that I’m sure wouldn’t have looked my way yesterday.

With the way she’s looking at me now I wished it stayed that way.

“Putting the logistics aside, you’re telling me that little incident was the cause of this disaster. There was barely enough magical energy used in any of those places to light a match.”

The witch sighs as she grips the bridge of her nose, shutting her eyes in exasperated contemplation.

“It appears to be the case based on the current information I have gathered.”

“Hmmm, you’ve got a good enough track record to trust. If so, I consider the most likely explanation is that the main ritual was done out of the reach of the mages association and those spikes were the introduction of whatever this into the environment. A ritual like this is unprecedented.”

I’m still in the dark about this but surely the Mages Association can gather information better than myself. I can just push this problem onto them and ask for better information later if they’re willing to give it out. I have to put my faith in the work of stuffy aristocracy, how sad.

“I didn’t sign up to fuck with what’s gotta be some age of gods bullshit or something. I’m not paid enough to deal with some super ancient orient fuckery. Just….. Ugh, go take this info to Phil over there. I’m sure the prick can do something with it.”

With a nod of her head, Bazett makes her way across the hectic room where she starts chatting with someone I don’t know. It’s a bit hard to stomach that my fate is arguably in her hands. I can only hope she will be at least vague about my involvement.

Now I’m alone with the witch, sitting on a hard wooden bench listening to the indistinguishable frenzied panic of the overworked policies staff as the woman just stares at me silently.

I can feel the sweat start building up as I grip the fabric of my pants in anticipation.

Theodora Yates, besides being a witch and her way of speaking she should be a fairly regular member of policies, but……..

“You’re Nakazawa right?”

A shit she’s speaking to me.

“……………Yes.”

“I think my fiancé told me about you once or twice. What’s his face little side project.”

She knows doesn’t she?!

“……………Yes.”

“Do you know Frederick?”

Please stop talking to me…….

“…….Yeah.”

“I wasn’t expecting him to want to hang out with someone like you. Did you hang out with him?”

I’m sorry I fucked your fiancé.

“………..Maybe a little…..”

“What did you do?”

That’s enough! You’ve won!

“……I might have, um, drank with him once or twice.”

“I see…..”

So this is where my journey will end. My life snuffed out at the cursed hands of a witch I made a cuckquean.

“Did he have any preferences?”

“Wha….?”

Taking out a small crinkled notepad, scratched and bent through a mix of extensive use and haphazard storage in her coats deep pockets. Quickly she flips through to a page and takes out a pen.

“I suppose it’s silly to expect you to remember something like that.”

“Oh it’s not an issue I was just uhhhhh…..Surprised.”

“I suppose it was an unexpected question.”

With a sigh the witch flops down onto the bench.
    …….

This is way more awkward. I take it back do kill me actually. I’m not built to handle this kind of thing.

“Is there a reason………”

“I get that it’s a political marriage and all….. I’d like to just get to know him more so I thought…... Ugh, this is just a distraction….”

The witch takes a final drag of her cigarette before carelessly tossing it onto the polished tile floor and stamping it out with her boot.

“I, uhhhhhh, think he likes whiskey…..”

I have no real memory of what he drank. Or any clear memory of my nights with him actually….. I think that dude was practically an alcoholic the way he was able to pack it away in his small ass body when I met him……I think. I guess I’m not too different……. There shouldn’t be a problem with any answer I give. Hopefully I can just dodge the conversation now.

“Really? I guess I can look for an expensive whiskey when things get back to normal……Or I guess, calm down.”

“I guess things can’t go back to normal. What’s the Clocktower even gonna do about this? This seems like something hard to recover from.”

“For me it’s gonna be more paperwork and fucking around with the power vacuum left by Barthomeloi and everyone else who got murked. Still waiting for the numbers on that, but I think the next census is gonna be a few percentage points lower. For the Clocktower as a whole, there’s probably gonna be an effort to fuck up whoever’s responsible. I can only assume poor Bazett there is gonna be busier than ever.”

“Sounds like the trouble doesn’t stop coming.”

“You have that right.”

With a sigh the woman puts her notepad back in her robes pocket having given up on her idea before digging out a much smaller note card.

“Bazett said you’re leaving after this. I don’t know why you’re set on leaving the Clocktower, but if you're heading out take my number. The Clocktower will be trying to keep contact with you anyways due to your notable presence here, but I’m employing modern methods to do the same but better. This way I can keep ahead of the curve, hehehe.”

The witch flashes me a “smile” as I restlessly pull the card from her grip……

Why is this happening? Why do I have to stay in contact with this woman? I guess the Clocktower is gonna have their eye on me no matter where I go as well. How terrible.

“This talk is boring me. Ask the woman where she obtained her hat.”

An annoying voice suddenly fills my head. I told her to be silent and I’m not talking to her so I’m just ignoring it.

“Everything is taken care of.”

My savior from this awkwardness arrives to deflect attention away from me.

“Look at that, your hesitation made us miss an opportunity. It seems I have much to teach you, but worry not, even if you are a terrible pupil I am an excellent teacher. My skill can surely compensate.”

I’m continuing to ignore it.

“It seems we have to go then. No time to waste and all that.”

“Hm? Are you going as well Bazett?”

“I will escort them to their destination.”

“I suppose you’d want to finish what you started. I understand.”

Don’t make me sound like a side project.

“The exit is not far, I shall return shortly.”

Forcing myself off the bench I quickly follow behind Bazett. Finally this bullshit will all be over. Hopefully everyone made it to that boat alright. It should still be parked nearby I think.

I look idly down at the professor's phone in my hand. There’s a new text on it I missed.

You’re almost out of the city now huh? What kind of destiny awaits you next? The choice is yours.
    ————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    Making our way through ruined and messy halls we make our way to the outside. I never want to go inside this place again.

I can feel a moment of relief as sunlight begins to fill the hall, forcing the darkness away. Slowly Bazett swings open the heavy door revealing the clear blue skies I’ve been desperate to see. I’ve finally crawled my way out of this hellhole's depth.

“Hm?”

A tall, unkempt lanky figure turns around to face me, having been casually loitering around outside. His mere existence emanates a terrible aura.

Bazett slowly steps out in front of me.

“Oh my, unexpected guests.”

A single oni stands by his side, smiling in an unsettling, uncanny manner.

“Oh, it’s just Makoto.”

“Eh!? How do you know my name?!”

“…..”

The man stares at me blankly.

“Oh right, I got mixed up.”

“Chloe!? What are you doing!?”

Bazett suddenly yells out to another figure I almost didn’t see. They were just standing behind the two, trying to look as small as possible was a strange girl.

“Just get out of here!”

The girl just yells at us, shrinking further out of sight. Who is she? What do those guys want with her?

I feel a warm glow behind me. A golden light shines as my servant enters the physical world again.

“We have no time for these fools. We shall simply skip over them.”

“Do you-“

Before I can say anything more, Akhenaten simply grips me and the enforcer and jumps, particularly flies over to another building at the speeds of a fighter jet. She lands gracefully as ever sliding through the ruins of the city as she comes to a graceful, and painfully sudden stop.

All this fucking whiplash I’m getting is gonna snap my spine like a twig one of these days.

“Don’t try to end this so soon. I don’t want this to be a short clash, I’d like to savor the taste.”

Launching herself across the pavement, the oni follows Akhenaten's path in quick pursuit. A golden fist bursts forth like an artillery strike and collides with the creature in a violent clash. Casually knocked to the side with powerful force the fist tears through pavement, the monster effortlessly landing beside it, mockingly drinking from her sakazuki.

“Makoto, what an amusing person I hear you are. I shall not miss the chance. Won’t you drink with me?”

Choices

A new line of Fate manifests:

A monster, an Enforcer and a mysterious mage stand in my way. Surely I can worm my way out of this....

A. Set Akhenaten on the offensive. (100 mana)
    B.
    Set Akhenaten on the defensive.
    (100 mana)

1. Buster: Go all out. Make use of Semei Kikyo, and swords mastery. Cost: 40 mana, 50 stamina.
    2. Arts: Stay back and hit him only with my magecraft. Cost: 40 mana.
    3. Quick: Attack with only my swords mastery. Cost: 50 Stamina.

4. Provide support with my mysterious power (Select a target). Cost: 100 mana.
    5. Don't fight, just run away. Cost: 100 Stamina.

6.Visit Roko
    7.Write in

Hmmm...

A, 1

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A + 1

While the prospects of fighting a Servant is daunting, she is an Oni — hopefully who will be vulnerable to Seimei Kikyo’s debuff while Archer continues the offensive.

Just hope the Sealing Designate is temporarily occupied with the Enforcer.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

A + 1

​I just want a big Badaboom! action scene there. @_@

JP Friend Code
    14. Hollow Cherry Tree

Character Status
    Mental Health: (Worried)

(BGM)

I do not feel that the odds are in our favor. Even if there’s three of us, the gap between our abilities is a canyon I am incapable of crossing. I don’t even know if that other enforcer is going to fight us the way she's acting but it’s apparent she’s just an excessive addition to their effort to prevent our departure. Incapable of worry Akhenaten just watches the oni prowl along the road. Who knows how many other of her kind might creep up on us if we take too long. Our time is limited, we lack the endurance to withstand this assault.

We stand at a bend in the road, a few buildings and the River Thames behind us. The oni creeps over to the left, blocking another path of escape, watching us with the eyes of a predator.

I’m going to have to go all out on the offensive lest I see my bones elegantly ripped away from my still living body. Reaching into my pocket I take out my lighter. I doubt I could do anything against the other magi but I’m still an exorcist by trade. Surely I can still do something against the demon.

“Akhenaten, let’s go on the offensive while we still can.”

“As if such creatures could ever put us on the defensive anyways. I’ll melt this city block, beasts and all, then call it a day.”

With a mere snap of her fingers there’s a bright flash in the sky, a blinding explosion that assaults the eyes. Another volley of the light descends before the sound of fingers even dissipates, slamming into the earth with tremendous force where the oni stood. The asphalt of the street is uprooted in an explosion of intense heat which melts the surrounding environment. The earth shakes and buildings tumble in its wake as the shock eviscerates the road, launching molten rubble through the air like machine gun fire.

“Fufu, is that really all you can do? I’m already feeling disappointed.”

Stuck within the melting asphalt of the road the oni laughs mockingly through the haze and vapor of a melting street. Regardless, she stands much further back than she did before.

Akhenaten just taps her foot impatiently, glaring at the oni casually drinking from her cup.

“You have a lot of nerve still being alive.”

“Your aim is just poor if you can’t hit a drunk.”

“Your simply not worth the effort. Yet if you wish to test your endurance, I can oblige just this once.”

The oni chuckles as she tips her cup lightly and begins pouring alcohol onto the street. Even from this distance it’s potent smell is overwhelming. It’s intoxicating to the point of being nauseating. I watch it bubble as it boils from the intense heat of the crater. I see her give me another uncanny smile before she vanishes in a blur, another ray of light crashing into the street where she once stood.

The oni dashes in rapid movements trying to circle around our location with every step. Her movement is a blur as she weaves unpredictably, bending her body in unnatural poses to weave through the downpour of light that is beginning to cover the entirety of the street. Even amongst it all she still downs her alcohol to gloat.

The streets is rendered a molten river in the wake of the divine carpet bombing. Numerous buildings are eviscerated in explosive fireballs as her beams of light sever them in two. Her heavy assault starts to blot the sky as it falls like rain replacing the sun with its own glory, the heat in the sky singing my eyebrows. Surely impossible to weave through for too long the oni is forced to stay constantly on the move ahead of it keeping a constant distance between the two of us.

I hold up my measly lighter flame against the ongoing nuclear hellfire.

“…….”

I don't think I can do much against that......

I see Bazett looking tensely at our other two combatants. Despite everything they haven’t moved from their spot. Instead they stand on one small pristine island in the sea of devastation.

The strange man just looks at the wreckage absentmindedly while the other enforcer seems to complain to him.

"I don't know-"

“Chole, use your power on that sun god of the servant over there.”

“But why?! Surely-“

“I’ve already seen your normal stuff enough for it to be boring, let’s do something different. I want to see how it goes.”

Pushing the enforcer forward Chole hesitantly shuffles towards the melted ravine carved in the road. Slowly I see her raise her arm towards the sun.

“What’s she doing now?”

“Theurgy. Her family has boiled it down to its most basic components, she can essentially try to Chanel any higher order entity, from Gods to the will of the Earth. I’ll take care of it.”

I watch the enforcer move her legs back and in the the next moment she's gone, launching herself forward across the pit in the road. Swinging her leg with stone crushing force she goes straight for the enemies head, Chole sliding out of the way in what seemed to be pure instinct.

The minute the enforcer touches down on the ground she pivots back to her opponent and the assault continues fist flying in a rapid overwhelming power. Every punch brings with it enough speed and momentum to turn someone like me into just a red mist, yet each swing slides past the other woman’s face as she weaves through every swift thrust.

“Just stop already! It’s over for you if you keep going!”

The woman just yells at the enforcer between every failed impact, not returning a single hit yet. Despite her pleas Bazett coldly returns no reply. What relationship they could have had before is meaningless, she is nothing but an enemy now.

I’m blinded by the explosive hellfire of another or Akhenaten's destructive volleys. At this point the city in front of the clock tower is just a raging inferno. I need to get sunglasses or something with this kind of servant around.

“Fine then! I’ll-“

Chole barely utter a sentence for single kick to the side from the enforcer snaps her spine, bending her into an uncomfortable U shape, and tosses her body haphazardly down the street like a ragdoll, her flesh tearing at every bump in the road as she skids across asphalt.

The enforcer turns to face the mysterious man far more cautiously than her last opponent, entering a defensive stance. A simple spell is cast from the man's finger, crashing down in front of her, stopping the enforcer in her tracks. I should be supporting Akhenaten but I need to at least see what that guy is capable of.

He doesn't move but instead looks at her with a bored expression, hands shoved back into his pockets.

“Bazett, your assault will be ineffective and uninteresting. I suggest you try and confirm the status of your opponent before engaging.”

The enforcer is suddenly knocked off her feet and into the ground, shattering the asphalt as if it were a thin ice sheet. With a golden glow Chole stands upright again. Her flesh is torn but slowly it weaves itself back together.

I see a familiar golden fist rise over her fallen comrade. The woman’s melancholic gaze falls down upon her comrade with a moment or hesitation. Then like a guillotine it strikes down with heavy weight.

Blood is splattered along the road in a wave of red.

Having grasped the moment of hesitation Bazett swings her body to remove herself from harm's way. Even so the strike on the level of servant can make such a woman look as slow as I am. Her left arm has vanished from the elbow down. It smells of burnt flesh, the divine light having cauterized the wound, roasting it from the sheer heat of Aten's hand.

I struggle to really believe it. Due to my servants high divinity, she can borrow that same power.

She swings her normal fist this time, bashing Bazett on the side of the head, and she slumps to the floor.

Akhenaten for once turns her head away from keeping the oni at bay to look at the enforcer who is now heading our way.

“What is this!? My lord have you chosen another!? For what reason has this occurred!?”

“Do not turn your attention away from me!”

The poisonous aroma hits my nose in a toxic, disorienting wave the moment before the oni's sword collides with a golden wall. The earth shakes with a force that resounds in my bones despite being several meters away.

“So, you do possess some divinity monster. Perish then, so I may deal with an enemy worth my precious time.”

Having entered a much closer range it would be too dangerous for the servant to begin throwing around her flashier attacks lest I receive third degree burns on accident. She’s probably spreading herself thin having done so much already.

Even so, at this range I can hit the demon with the power of exorcism. She just has to hold her down.

“Akhenaten, catch her and I can weaken her!”

“Not a problem. Just a moment.”

“You need to be faster than a moment!”

The oni laughs as I hear something step on the asphalt to my right. With a twitch my blades slice through the air far faster than I am used to and my own mind struggles to keep pace. An instinct done in an instant my blade slides a centimeter from the neck of the enforcer. Having launched herself with Atens arm to arrive in front of me in a split second she touches down with an exceptional speed even for her. Before this I would have surely perished yet now I had the capacity to react.

Yet what’s more amazing is despite having only been on the ground for but half a second the enforcer has already bent herself backwards to avoid the arc of my blade.

My body compels me to not waste a second on such concerns. Without a wasted breath my sword follows up with another killing strike.

The enforcer knocks the blade back with her hands alone. Liked a viper her fist strikes forward into my chest, launching me off my feet. Once again with only a hairs breath can I block that deadly swing with my sword.

Status Update
    Health
    :
    (200/400)→ (100/400)

With that power I saw earlier I should be dead. But that forlorn expression, even with this she’s going easy.

Before I can touch the ground a hand grabs the back of my shirt and pulls me towards them. A bright light flashes as two golden hands collide.

“You bear Atens power yet you still oppose me! To use such a blessing in vain, if you do not cease your advance your life is forfeit!”

“It doesn't matter!”

“You fool! You waste this blessing you have found!”

Two enemies close in from either side. I can barely fight either of these enemies, and at this point I can;t be sure how long Akhenaten's own mana reserves can last. The oni is already pushing her way inside the barrier Akhenaten had erected.

Like the fox the space tries to reject her presence, ejecting her from the area with intense force. It is only through her own obscene strength that she pulls herself forward. Even the alcohol that pours out of her cup is tossed out of the barriers borders. It might be the only reason I’m still sober as it’s pooling outside of the area. It’s just a matter of time until we are in striking range.

“I'm almost there!”

“The oni is getting inside!”

“Then let her.”

Not letting go of my shirt Akhenaten suddenly charges into close combat. Blocking the enforcers golden hands with her own she dives by the enforcers fist and tears a clean whole through her chest launching her body back across the other side of the pit. Akhenaten didn't seem like the kind of person who could pull off martial arts like that but I suppose I can't underestimate any servant no matter how weak.

With a soft shimmer Akhenaten deactivates her barrier, the oni suddenly stumbling forward from her own momentum. Like falling into a bear trap to golden hands come around to grasp her.

This is a chance if I've ever seen one! Pulling out my lighter I pour my magical energy into and form a star or fire in the air. I’ve practiced it enough it only takes a second to draw but even that is enough time for the oni to cut her way out.

“Hahahahaha!”

As it servers those golden hands to ribbons a fireball bursts against the oni with underwhelming force.

“What kind of pitiful attempt at an attack was that?”

The oni laughs mockingly as they take a confident step forward. I already feel my legs weaken as a wave of intoxication begins to take hold. The strong aroma begins to take hold of mind, slowly seeping into my mind with the woman’s every honeyed word. More of her alcohol begins to pool on the ground.

This should be fine right? I’ve done enough.

“Fufu, It’s time to see how you all taste.”

With that sadistic uncanny smile the oni thrust her sword forward. It flies towards Akhenaten with an incredible speed and force. At least, only from my perspective.

“Too slow! You’ve already lost!”

The oni smile fades as she finds herself suddenly sluggish.
    Knocking me back with the powerful shockwave, a golden fist smashes into the oni’s face. Numerous arms stretch out from the golden disk and begin to wail on the creature's body over and over again in rapid succession.

Every impact resounds through the air as it turns the creature's body to mush. In an untraceable torrent of hits the creature body is finally blown away in a bloody wave that covers the pavement, with what little that remains of their upper body being blasted into a crater within the ruins of the road.

“That’s quite the way to work off stress. I’m afraid we must leave immediately, our mana reserves out low at the moment. Plus, the number of onlookers has increased.”

“But what about Bazett?!”

“She is lost, forget it.”

I look out over to the enforcer who still lies on the ground. The strange man still stands back doing nothing.

The other enforcer meanwhile suddenly rises, the hole in her chest had mostly closed along with other wounds. Is that a power Akhenaten has as well?

“…..”

The mans empty gaze continues to linger on us. With a casual gait the man he approaches towards. Removing his right hand from his pocket he raises it upwards, lifting one finger towards the sky. It seems as if magical energy is being taken from the surroundings, swirling above like a hurricane until it begins to condense into a burning sphere. The only feeling that can describe its presence in the air is awe.

“Makoto! What is your plan!? I’ll do my best with it!”
    The man suddenly speaks to me with an unexpected excitement in his tone.

“What the hell are you saying!?”

“Don’t worry about it my friend! I’m just trying something new! So let’s not kill the enforcer just yet is all.”

The sun vanishes behind the spells grandeur, the mass of magical energy growing ever greater in size above the man's single finger. It dwarfed the other combatants in its severity, a spell that seemingly surpassed regular magecraft and approaches the level of a Noble Phantasm. More and more magical energy was being condensed into a single space in a show of overwhelming ability.

Akhenaten looks up with hesitation.

“I can tell. Our chances of escaping that are low. But fear not, we won’t have to. Just stand behind me. A spell is just a spell after all. What does someone as great as I have to fear from the magecraft of mortals.”

The servant's tall figure stands right in front of me, her form blocking the man from view leaving only the spell filling the sky with a raging intensity.

“Aten, let your will fill me.”

Her body once again glows a bright light as her bounded field once again covers the ground. I only had a second to take it in before the ball of light descends.

It travels towards us within an instant, obliterating everything in its path.

Even if it it’s power output is on the level of high thaumaturgy, it is ultimately still a spell. With assistance from God and the strength of her magic resistance it might just be possible to cancel out this great mystery.

The Pharaoh raises her arm and an eardrum shattering collision soon follows. The burst of energy is split down the middle, each branch of its constant steam so dangerously close that it was beginning to become claustrophobic. With gritted teeth the servant roots herself in place to avoid losing her position. Her body begins to burn away from the strikes intensity.

There's a crackle much like static electricity in the air before the attack dissipates into the ether. Two large trenches were dug on either side, traveling far off into the distance straight through the River Thames.

Akhenaten's body falls to the floor without a word. A mess of bloody pools beneath her, an entire and part of her head missing. It's an incredibly worrying sight, but I can still feel our connection, theres no sign of her disappearing.

No longer blocked by her form the man stares back with his tired eyes, now seemingly slightly perked up for the first time in years.

“What an impressive servant. I’m glad you continue to keep me on my toes, I certainly love you for it.”

A golden wall suddenly blocks my vision again. The visage of Aten fills my eyes as it manifests above the fallen servant. One of its many hands lifts the symbol of the Ankh and shoves it straight into the servants chest before vanishing again.

Just like the enforcer who borrowed such powers her body had begun to regenerate. Slowly she begins to rise again.

“See, it wasn’t a problem at all.”

“What!? How are you even still alive!?”

“As if such a creature could kill I! Akhenaten!”

Confidently the servant strikes a haughty pose only to freeze in a moment of awkward silence.

Unable to hold her form, the servant returns to spirit form. We survived but two opponents remain and I’m exhausted of my magical energy and my servant lacks the power to even materialize. I only have my sword to depend on now.

“Makoto my friend, perhaps next-“

The man's explanation is cut short as is pushed over, landing face first into the pavement.

“Akkrum!”

Chole turns back surprised as the man flops down onto the street like a wet lag. He just rests there, seemingly out cold from a single tap.

Out of a hole in the pavement, though battered and bruised while holding the remnants of a shattered limb, Bazett continues her mission with the same enduring strength I had admired her for.

Chole looks at her with a melancholic expression, seemingly unsurprised. Cutting her feelings off again she runs forward to kill her once more.

Bazett steps over the mans lanky figure. her foot coming down hard to crush the man's wind pipe before he can wake again. Yet before the mans life can stomped out Chole dashes up and swings her leg at her.

Bazett's body bends as she blocks a kick that slams into her side, blocking it with her only good arm. She holds her body firm, sliding along the pavement away from her fellow enforcer. Analyzing the situation carefully she is forced bolt, finally retreating to the Clocktower…..

Wait she’s coming my way! What are you doing!?

Even that injured the enforcer moves with a supernatural speed much faster than anything I could manage. The fact that the two seem more evenly matched now than before is perhaps a testament to strength that berserker woman really had. It’s quite enviable.

Bazett suddenly shifts her momentum to thrust her fist into the other enforcers side, knocking her into rubble. Using the brief opportunity she leaps across the valley the servants battle has caused.

“We’re going!”

“What are your doing!”

“What I feel I need to.”

I swing my blade on instinct, knocking aside the heavy swing of the pursuing enforcer as she leapt across the molten ravine. My new found skill fills my veins and I follow up her attack with rapid swings.

The enforcer doesn’t break a sweat weaving her body through the assault, once again throwing off the arcs of my blade with her fists. Even without the blessing of Aten I’m still out matched. Luckily I have someone I can depend on.

Taking the opportunity born of my flailing distraction, Bazett slams her right fist into her fellow enforcers chest with a rib cracking thump, flinging them into the pit in front of us.

Taking hold of the opportunity I run towards one of the partially intact buildings. If we just keep traveling down the river I can make it to that boat.

Blasting the door to splinter, scattering its pierces across the ruined entranceway, Bazett hurries in and starts looking around for a window or something on a wall opposite to us. It’s incredibly dark in here, my eyes still needing time to adjust following the bright sun that was shining outside. Even nearly blind I don't have the time to worry and keep running.

My life is nearly brought short when I almost slip on a river of blood and broken glass.

“Khihihihi!”

A single haughty laugh is followed by dozens until the space is filled with the sound of demonic amusement.

Akhenaten did mention we were being watched……

Behind and above us, the entire building is infested. The bright eyes and demonic smiles of numerous yokai look at us from all around.

We stand in a center lobby, multiple floors rise high above into the darkness. The shadow consumes the form but their eyes reveal the overwhelming extent of their presence.

The first laugh continues behind us to our side.

There’s one more uncanny smile shining in darkness low to the floor that we ran right past.

“Fufu, the possibility of mercy has been long gone. As the greatest of all oni I can not let this humiliation stand.”

The deformed remnants of a mutilated body stares up at me. It was just a severed head, and half a body which managed to maintain a partially functional arm. Despite so much of their body missing they persisted without issue. In their twisted, sadistic spite their form had been by consumed by their uncanny nature, know appearing as something far worse.

I raise my sword as my uncanny forms begin to cover the wall, creeping down from above.

“Keep going.”

With her elbow Bazett nudges me back.

I lament my continued inability. I had hoped I could have made it out with everyone, yet it seems fate can not abide my wish. It’s stuck me with this reality.

I do not think twice about it……

————————————————————————————————————————
    (BGM)

With the girl gone there was no reason to worry. The few beasts that blocked the way were not strong enough to slow her down. Still, in this state she could hardly hold off such a hoard.

It’s the perfect condition to try her best. Maybe it didn’t mean much in the end but it’s what she wanted to do while her body still clung to life. She was sure she didn't have much time left but she couldn't stop now. Destiny compelled her.

Perhaps this is how he felt at the end she wondered.

“Khihihi! This futile struggling, it’s a wonderful show. But it must end now.”

The encroaching beasts suddenly cease their advancement towards the women. The first few had their bodies scattered already, but they had the upper hand in numbers. There was nothing to fear. Yet they fled at the onis call.

Despite being but a head and arm dragging itself across the floor, the yokai revered her. Her uncanny nature only grew alongside that demonic smile. Slowly she began to pour that endless sake of hers across the floor. It’s mere aroma was enough to make one tipsy in its strength. Magical energy began to fill the space in a notable intensity. It was easy enough for the enforcer to understand what it meant.

A figure watched her forlornly from the doorway. The enforcer always thought she wasn’t meant for this kind of business. Her strength wasn’t enough to help her, but that was no longer her problem. She just had to keep going on this path she decided to take.

The oni's jeer stretched to the point it threatened to break from the confines of her face. Sharp teeth uncomfortably that filled the death trap of her mouth on full display.

The enforcer could not shake anxiety from her heart. True monsters like these could shake her heart and convictions like anyone else. The feelings that haunted her heart for over twenty years now could not escape her at this moment. Even so she committed herself to the task at hand.

The lead ball sparkled strongly with electricity, it’s constant crackling illuminating the faces of monsters within the darkness.

She hoped there was enough of a heart left in the remnants of that beast's chest.

Multitude of Colors-Providential Oni Poison!”

That Which Comes Later, Cuts First
    Answer!

The mocking laughter is cut short. The flood of poison is cut short as the natural fate cause and effect is undone. The sword of a long gone God flies, and in turn the rest of Shuten Douji is obliterated in its violent collision. In an instant before the oni's attack came to fruition, what remains of the oni is cut through by the blade.

The glee of the yokai ends as one of the most revered of their kind is brought to an end in an impossible way. They all just stare at her The enforcer couldn’t help but find their gaze oppressive. It sends shiver down her back.

Then with overwhelming sound the mocking laughing begins again from the amused crowed.

“Noble Phantasm! A Noble Phantasm!”

“How stupid! How funny!”

“Idiot!”

“It’s over!”

“It’s fate!”

The crowd roared, laughing so loudly it rattled one’s head and damaged the ears. Regardless if their true want had fled their own sadistic amusement was something they had valued higher. They would stay here just like she wanted.

The enforcer struggled to stand, gripping her severed arm as her runes failed her and the pain slowly seeped in. So long as she lived she would keep going, that’s the conviction she swore to herself.

Yet regardless of one’s hopes and dreams, one must bear the reality destiny decrees.

Spoiler:

Basett must die.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    (BGM)

I stop for a moment to catch my breath.

I’ve made it to the River Thames, and remembering the directions, the meetup spot shouldn’t be far. It seems those yokai have failed to pursue. Lucky me.

Akhenaten has been silent since they entered spirit form, I wonder what could have been if I had kept them materialized for a little longer.

……..

It’s no longer my problem. I just need to recharge my stamina and then I can be on my way.

“My my young lady, you seem to be in quite the conundrum!”

I stumble backwards and nearly fall on my ass. I nearly had a heart attack, suddenly showing up in front of me like that is scary. Even so I quickly recover. It’s strange, but I struggle to feel strongly about his arrival.

“Who are you?”

“I’m none other than Adam Wonder! Friends call me Adam. I saw your distress dear and felt I had the perfect product just for you!”

Confidently the man digs around in his coat and presenting it with an expressive flare and hand movement

“Behold! A cherry tree with leaves that never decay.”

It’s just a hollow mold of plastic.

“What is this?”

“A one of a kind proud and true cherry blossom tree! It's a work art carfully cultivated by masters of their craft. I call it Sakura Dream. This wonderful thing can be yours for only 3 easy payments of $9.99! Sound up your alley young lady?”

I stare at the small potted tree the man shoves into my face. It’s clearly a flimsy little toy, something one might put on their living room table as space filler.

It has such a nostalgic look.

“……”

“Hm?”

The man looks at me inquisitively.

Slowly, I pluck the tree from his outstretched hand.

“Wonderful! Now, cash or credit?”

“I, uhhhh, lost my wallet.”

“Not a problem friendo! It’s only $9.99 for the first payment! I’ll just collect it later.”

The man continues to smile brightly at me. It’s annoying. How can he carry on like this?

“What are you even doing out here?”

“Is it not obvious!? This is a prime business opportunity!”

“You’re gonna face all these supernatural horrors for pocket change?”

"Your very funny young lady!"

"You're trying to tell me you just missed all the magic shit that went down?"

“What are you going on about? Are you a dumbass? Magic isn’t real.”

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

“Makoto!”

Finally, after all this nonsense I’m met with a familiar figure who walks over to me eagerly.

She had been leaning against a wall, playing with a cigarette in impatient annoyance because she couldn’t smoke it with the lighter in my pocket. Without hesitation she tosses it the ground when I finally came into sight.

“It was annoying but I’m finally here.”

I lazily wave as I walk up onto the docks.

With her familiar overbearing friendliness Abigail throws her arm around my shoulder, pulling me along at her pace.

“Glad to see ya in one piece.”

“I told you she would be fine. Good job kid, I always knew you had it in ya.”

Lucas approaches me with a casual confidence. I swear these two are gonna try and friendly me into an early grave.

“Not a chance you had a thought like that dickwad.”

“Oi, as if I’m gonna give up the woman I put all in on.”

The two start to bicker back and forth. When will Abigail finally release me?

“I’m surprised that the enforcer lady still ain’t with ya. If anything I was worried she was gonna try and keep ya for herself. I guess she was just too cold and stayed behind.”

“Yeah, she’s back at the Clocktower. Had to depend on my servant, she’s a bit out of commission right now. I suppose I have to tell you about that on the boat.”

I chuckle half heartedly as we walk along the dock, just going on with the flow of the two of them.

“You got the most interesting job, so of course you need to tell us all about it. And give me my lighter back.”

“Alright you addict. Just give me a minute to remember which pocket I shoved it in.”

I begin digging around in my pocket for that lighter. I’m just glad to finally leave this city. More than one day in England is too much for a life time. I look out past the boat to see the city still burning in the distance.

……..

“It’s good to finally meet with you again Captain!”

Lucas walks up to the boat arms outstretched giving an exaggerated friendly motion, greeting a rugged man who looks down at us from atop the vessel. There’s a certain air of mystery around him, the very feeling of the air seemingly changing standing right up next to the vessel.

“Welcome. I wish to depart as soon as possible. Please hurry aboard.”

Prologue End

Wise Up
    Akhenaten:
    Skills:
    Blessings of Aten:
    -When under the light of the sun, Akhenaten is capable of regeneration from normally fatal wounds.

Akkrum:
    -Attack Potency: E (A+)
    -Durability: E

Chole:
    -Attack Potency: D+~A
    -Durability: D+
    -Theurgy: A type of magecraft that, having been boiled down to its most basic elements, is capable of channeling the powers of higher level existences.

Bazett:

JP Friend Code
    Last Duet (Part 1)

For the last time a symphony plays. An original sound birthed by the passion of an intimate bond. Never again will the world be able to hear the sound, the world forever quieter in its silence. Only in the form of dreams can this faded, hollow melody ring as a façade of its original tune, a sham of the vivid reality that song could construct. Once a universe born by two, it persists now as naught but fantasy forever sealed beyond the veil. The weight of its absence and pull of the longing for this song forces this dearth of sound to play on repeat as a melancholic dream.

Though it was destroyed in hellfire, in an impossible miracle, an odd twist of fate, one of the two did survive so that this dream may persist. Even when everything was eviscerated and the auditorium crumbled under the burning heat of the fire and the attacks after shock, against all reason a single survivor remained.

Despite the all consuming devastation which threatened to take her too, grief was a heavy weight which tied her to the floor as if her bones had turned to lead and she could not take the chance she was given. The only option available to her was to weep at all she had lost. Even so, fate could not let her go.

“My my kid, take a look at you. You really know how to take a hit! You shouldn’t be alive after that and yet you're perfectly fine anyways. What a champ.”

Perplexed by the situation a woman casually saunters down the hall towards the stage. Face with an impossibility she couldn't help but approach the miracle girl with an eager curiosity. The girl found her an oddity just the same, approaching this scenario so nonchalantly marked her as someone truly deviant from common sense.

The woman seemed greasy, slimy and sleazy, a kind of twisted soul who could only look at the girls situation with a kind of stunned amusement. She had her own kind of Aposematism in her appearance, a miasma which dripped off her very being, which could only say she was up to no good. The girl just couldn’t understand that awkward smile the woman gave her.

Now that her lanky figure was towering over her, she could make out that the woman possessed only one arm.

“No normal person should have survived a spell like that. Just what are you kid?”

The woman kept looking down at the girl like a kind of puzzle, mind racing to construct a proper image as to what the girl really was. Eventually, seemingly having forged a hypothesis, the woman points a figure down at the girl and speaks in a language the girl can’t understand.

Faced with something from a story book a magic light bursts from her finger and slams into the young girls with the destructive power of a bullets momentum. Despite being an attack which should kill any normal person, this shot was instantly dispelled upon contact.

“Whooo boy, what a trick you can pull young lady! Who knew such a talent was hiding all the way out here in the new world?”

Cautiously the woman gets down on her knees and hovers over the girl. She raises her arm but hesitates, looking the girl up and down before finally touching her lightly with her index finger. Seeing that nothing happened, she casually picks the girl up and tosses her over her shoulder completely unconcerned with any wiggling or wailing.

“Hey kid, you wanna be an enforcer?”

For the first time the young girl replies.

“Wha-What is that……”

“Well, let’s call it a job where you can fight wizards. Sounds cool does it not? It’s like a fantasy book or something.”

“But….But my musi-“

“Don’t worry about it kid. Think it over. You can answer me later.”

Wise Up

Abigail:

-Fantasy Killer: An abnormality she was born with, it works as a kind of advanced magic resistance that serves to only further the end of mystery. At her current level she’s proven to be untouchable by any modern magi when it comes to spells. More than just rejecting magecraft it seems to reject all mysteries in general. This means not only does she negate spells but in her touch mystic codes will degrade in power and her presence can disrupt bounded fields and other rituals. When it comes to familiars it will appear as if her touch burns them, but often due to their supernatural strength they can defeat her before any serious damage occurs making them a natural weakness.

JP Friend Code
    Abhijñā (Part 1)

One day that man awoke to find he was in an endless hell. A pit of anguish and eternity deep which no dedication could surmount. The sins inherent to living invoked the weight of destiny which pulled his weightless soul down into the foul depths of this misery. To escape the infinity in which fate had bound was an empty Sisyphean effort. Repetitive, agonizing and impossible to surmount the push to a miracle was unending. His spirit was bound by a curse born of die cast before the birth of this very world. This entrapment was cruel yet inevitable for fate knew only one path. His will eroded yet never finds a breaking point until he could only believe one thing. At the end of this infinity the only salvation man could hope to find in this world was to never be born at all.

“…..”

“Hey there.... I understand that you’re getting used to things, that you’re still new to all of this…. So just let me say, uhhhhhhh…….. I get the anxiety. I know you probably won’t last long the way things are.”

“……”

“Don’t look at me, I really don’t know what we could even hope to do. Neither of us are that strong.”

“…..”

“I know it’s hard here, and this darkness seems eternal. We are so clearly powerless against these things but…..well I still want to help you.”

“……..”

“This hell might be infinite but time after time I’ve still chosen to follow after you. Even if it’s hard I’ve found the strength to keep going, regardless of the aimlessness of our efforts.”

“…..”

“Whatever you do, so long as it’s you who decided, I’m willing to accept it.”

“…..”

“I’ve always wanted a second chance too, and it's a miracle to have this opportunity in its own way. Yet I wasn’t prepared for trying again to be such agony. Even so.....”

“……”

“We’ll be ok. That’s what I want to believe.”

“……”

“I know I’m not brave, I’m not strong or wise, but I still wish to be free from this hell. I don’t know if such a reality could ever come to be but I just want you to know no matter what happens…….”

The man smiled, holding tightly to one warm feeling. They dreamed of their ideal strongly in his heart. Every beat resonated that thought. A hopeful wish that could raise one out of this hell. His spirit held strong, perhaps finally they could make a universe between two he thought.

“I’ll be your best friend until the end.”

JP Friend Code
    15. Tired Night

(BGM)

I close my eyes as I sit down on the sofa, my body soaked with fatigue sinking into the cushions like heavy weights. At least the only thing left to do today is to take it easy.

While I was worried this evening might be an agonizing bore, there’s at least some company tonight to do something with. With laidback expression they watch a laptop screen resting on a table in front of us.

A white haired magician woman on the screen is babbling on about some nonsense I’m unfamiliar with. To be honest being out of the loop makes it hard to follow the conversation with all its jargon.

I feel like that kind of sucks out all the fun of this causal evening if I can’t understand the night's entertainment. Well, I suppose that little show is not what I really want out of them. Though I am curious, I suppose it’s an opportunity to ask them what they’re watching.

“▂▂▃▃▅▅■■■■, what the hell are you watching?”

“Vtuber.”

“A what?”

“You know…., it’s like a YouTuber, but virtual......”

It’s online, isn’t it already virtual in a way?….. I can clearly see that they have some kind of virtual model of some anime character so I guess that makes sense to describe it that way.

“I’m guessing this one of those new weird trends?”

“Yeah, that sounds like the right way to describe it. Couldn’t tell you if will last, but so far it seems promising. I'm certainly having fun. She’s quite good at this game too.”

“Huh, never heard of it. Might be up my alley, I’ll look into it.”

I’m surprised it took this long for this idea to come about. Sounds like a good money maker. I should have thought of it.

▂▂▃▃▅▅■■■■ says she’s good but my unfamiliarity with this weird card game means I can’t really follow or tell what’s good…..

I suppose I should get ▂▂▃▃▅▅■■■■. to explain, even if I don’t particularly care. It’s just a good excuse to get a little closer. Slowly I move my arm around his shoulder.

“Hm?”
    ▂▂▃▃▅▅■■■■ looks behind him as a loud knock hammers against the door, the sound echoing through the room.

What a buzz kill. Who the hell is here at this hour?

“Why don’t we just ignore it? I’m sure it will go away real soon.”

My sentence is ended with the sound of another knock, banging upon the hard wood with a constant, loud tempo. Every few seconds the knocking begins again with obnoxious persistence. I try to push it out of my mind but every bang hurts my head. God it's beyond annoying!

“Fine! I’ll get it!”

With a groan I pull myself off the couch. I turn towards the door only to feel a tingle crawl like ants up my spine.

“Don’t answer the door.”

A feminine voice my mind had rendered background noise suddenly reaches me with loud and clear utterance.

“Huh……”

Looking back at the screen the game carries on as if nothing had happened. ▂▂▃▃▅▅■■■■ doesn’t seem to have noticed much of anything……

Maybe I shouldn’t open the door……

I don’t want to deal with another evil spirit today…...

Ignoring the knocking I sit back down on the couch trying to tune it out. My head aches as the pounding shakes the back of my skull.

I guess I’ll just call my sis…..

————-————-————-————-————-————-————-
    (BGM)

I jump upright as I’m suddenly woken up as if from a nightmare. My breath is quick almost like I was doing something intensive. Slowly I check my surroundings in the dim lighting. The ships guest room seems hazy in the darkness with its plain gray color, the only thing standing out is the white of Abigail’s sheets. She’s sprawled out across the bed, somehow sleeping as if she were back home.

How she does it will remain a miracle. Still, it seems nothing is out of the ordinary. With a sigh I slump down into the bed, taking in the silence and feeling the occasional shift of the ship on the open sea.

I’m not sleeping like this. I suppose I’ll go do something else. There’s always been an appeal to me when it comes to wandering around foreign places at night, should be fun.

Choices
    Skill Point Allocation:
    You have one skill point to spend, select one new ability from the skill tree:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Interaction:
    You have an opportunity to spend time with someone tonight, who is it?

1.Lucas
    2.Akhenaten

Blog Entries
    Talisman (II)

Last edited by SleepMode; March 18th, 2022 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Vote changed

Now Revamped!

Talisman (II) - It just feels right to me to pursue the character's main "gimmick" at the moment ?

2. He's one of my favorite rappers ! <what>

Hmmm... +1 to Pruss's proposal!

JP Friend Code
    16. Faith

Time: Midnight
    Overall Status: Great

Character Status
    Health: 400/400 (Excellent)
    Mana: 400/400 (Excellent)
    Mental Health: (Tired)

(BGM)

Stepping out of the darkness within the ship's dark interior, a cold, salty breeze rubs against my face. Pale light coats everything in a thin layer of dim, muted color that has condensed atop the ocean waves and the large shipping containers which stretch their way along the deck in long lines. Occasionally a more powerful push or pull of the sea's constant godly power disrupts my gait.

Aimless wandering….. No, a pull, like the current of the water below, guides my thoughtless steps to the bow. Though faintly, like a star amongst the cold dark black of space, a single figure radiates a warm shine as they sit atop a large red container. The coldness of the night fades away, if only for a fleeting moment.

“For what reason are you awake at such hours, master?”

Gentle and subdued, Akhenaten gazes down on me from above. Now blessed by the light of the moon, it hangs above them, as if to replace the watchful guardian of the sun god which no longer stood behind them.

“I simply couldn’t sleep. Figured I would walk around a little.”

“If it is the will of God that you find yourself here, then I cannot reject their Providence. Join me for a time.”

For a spirit which surpasses the strength of men by several magnitudes it was a simple matter of reaching out and plucking me off the ground like a weightless feather. In a single quick motion I was lifted up and onto the tall shipping container. From such a height the ocean looked more like an infinite plane as it spread itself from horizon to horizon.

I sit down upon the cold metal in silence, hesitantly joining her in her nightly gazing.

“So it turns out the light of the moon was just the blessings of the sun as well.”

The Pharaoh looks up at the sky towards that distant moon with such a curious expression. Granted knowledge beyond her time its as if her curiosity towards this heavenly body had been reinvigorated like who learned the Earth spins for the first time.

“Did you know such things?”

“I’d consider it common knowledge.”

“I see, I see. It appears reality itself has truly changed so drastically since my passing.”

I suppose I didn’t think about it too much but even with the grail this world must still seem so foreign. It’s not just that everything is new but surely some of her fundamental conceptions about the nature of the universe have vanished only to be replaced by explanations that reject the very things she once stood for. Perhaps the truth of our world is finally settling in as the storm of our earlier conflict passes. This isn’t the age of gods any longer.

“My heart finds it inspiring that perhaps Aten truly does not leave me when the sun falls. Yet, the world knows little of my lord, of his light. They talk about how the moon reflects light from the sun back down upon us and leave it at that. The gods I knew of, true or not, have transformed into such secular explanations. The Aten I knew did not construct the sky above this way.”

Once more she pauses as if to ponder something.

“Are you a woman of faith, master?”

“I…. Well I umm…..”

“There is no need to fear a deviation from the beliefs of mine. I know no one believes any more.”

I’ve come from a religious background, yet my relationship with my faith has always been tenuous at best. It’s odd, the magi of my homeland keep the organs of gods locked away. The gods were real with tangible pieces left behind, and yet I feel nothing for them. I suppose I simply am not religious in spite of all that has occurred, as if knowing of gods and magic degrades it into just another aspect of reality, like the waves which rock the boat below our feet. It's not worth my faith or worship. As grand as it may be, it will do nothing for me.

“I suppose I’m not particularly religious despite my origins. There just isn’t anything worth believing in these days. Gods aren’t needed anymore as far as my life is concerned. All that remains are the magi who cling to nostalgic remnants which rapidly decompose in their arms. Though I guess this Aten fellow’s real important to your life regardless.”

“They are, though I possess faith in two things in life. The other would be Nefertiti. Even if she has departed from this realm long ago, my faith in her and the dreams we shared remain steadfast.”

“You really loved her it seems?”

“My one and only equal….nay, my better. If you too have something you love then perhaps you can find faith there. She always said the people often find they have placed their faith in odd places. For both her and Aten, even now my faith does not falter.”

“You have confidence of their presence even in a reality which rejects its existence?”

“It matters not that their age has ended. For I have faith in their timelessness. I hold faith that their will still lurks within the motions of the cosmos regardless of the shape they may find themselves in. That which we no longer believe in will never come true. It’s those words my dearest gave me. I've always believed in them strongly. My faith gained shape, we called it Aten.”

I suppose Akhenaten deserves more credit than I’ve given thus far. She’s at least has conviction when it comes to these kinds of things. I suppose my sister is the same way. No matter how much mystery decays the will of the gods remains as important as if they were alive today.

“You’ve put a lot of trust in me haven’t you Akhenaten? Is that your faith too?”

“Reality is as Aten wills. From before we were born our meeting was destined to be for the sake of the world. I would not doubt their choice, you are a person even I, a Pharaoh, find worth serving not because I truly understand your character, but because I placed my trust in God.”

“So some things just can’t be avoided? Even everything back then? Even Roko?”

“If God works their magic, this system of their design shall unfold a world better than before.”

I guess I can’t maintain that kind of hope, it seems like something only a Pharaoh like her could believe. Though I guess I want to believe things will get better. That this evil god of mine will go away. I suppose I just don’t have faith it will come to be.

That thing placed overcoming this trial in my hands, but I’m so clueless where one could even start to try and overcome that deific will. Like draining the ocean, how does one conceive the impossible logistics of killing a God. Perhaps now is a good time to ask the most knowledgeable person I know.

“You know more about Gods then I ever could, how do you think Roko is connected to me? How could it be here in this day and age?”

“The true nature of such an entity is difficult to determine, but I can make some speculation with the wisdom Aten has bestowed me about the nature of divinity. For a start, there are cases where some reach such a grandeur that the axis of time bends under the weight of their presence, thus allowing this Roko figure to reach you from another time. The other possibility is that they are in some way not of this world, and exist outside the age of man. Either way, they should not properly exist within this time.”

“That should be true but it’s actively manipulating our world. I saw it for sure when it killed on my request.”

I originally imagined that it needed me because it couldn’t interfere with the world regularly, but after that choice I cannot be sure anymore. I don’t know what it wants me for. It could be anything.

“It is certainly a mystery we must put our minds to. I have faith that an answer will one day come to you.”

As carefree as ever Akhenaten lays back upon the shipping and gazes up upon that night sky. Spurred on I join her.

Unlike home, the ocean is so far from the bright lights where civilization thrives that they can no longer darken the world and instead their absence unmasks that void with infinite depth and unearth a vast sea of humble stars.

Such beauty only invokes the numbed agony of living.

You think you got to know Akhenaten a little better:

Bond up: 0 —> 1

Wise Up
    Akhenaten's profile becomes clearer to you:

Class Skills:

Independent Action (A)
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master; the ability that allows for action even in the absence of the Master. At higher ranks it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's Magical Energy supply, the Master can concentrate their own Magical Energy on large spells, or the Servant will be fine even in the case they cannot supply Magical Energy due to injury. The downside is that they can be harder to control and keep by their side, making the only true way to command them is by utilizing Command Spells. It is possible to take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great magical energy consumption backup from the Master is necessary. At Rank A it is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for about a week without a Master.
    As a Pharaoh famous for going against convention and the will of others, archer possesses this skill at a high rank.

Magic Resistance (B)
    A skill which grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. At this rank it can cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected. A pharaoh blessed by god, Archer has developed a notable resistance to the effects of magic. This resistance increases relative to the magecrafts connection to the divine. Thus in an odd twist, Akhenaten is perhaps more vulnerable to modern magecraft than that belonging to the Age of Gods.

Personal Skills:

Divinity (A)
    The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster or Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due to one's dislike for the gods. Those who have A Rank Divinity or above has reached the throne of a god. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called 'purge defense' in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.

A divine pharaoh of Egypt, blessed by the new all mighty and born of godly lineage, Archer has exceptional divinity; further bolstered by the declaration of her own divinity. Despite Archers prominent history of rejecting most of the gods which make her divine heritage, no drop in this skills ranking is present. It is a simple solution, as her divinity is preserved by her most divine patron, and the fact that there are no more gods to say otherwise.

Divine Expulsion (A)
    A skill which embodies the expulsion and rejection of the Gods of Egypt under Akhenaten's reign. Causes one's power to scale in proportion to the opponents divinity, excludes those with Aten's blessing.

Further information locked behind higher bond levels.

Blessings of Aten (EX)
    A skill for those who receive blessings from the deity Aten. A variety of Divine blessings that maintain their godly status have been obtained.
    Currently identified effects include:
    -Creates barriers and areas which inherently reject the divine.
    -Allows Akhenaten to detect the life force of others.
    -Immortality based on the sun's light.

Dubious Essence (A)
    The destruction of one's art and legacy can leave one deformed in the afterlife. A figure wiped from the records for a significant period and possessing a legend with large gaps filled with speculation, this skill possesses a high rank. Currently part of its effects have been negated by Roko’s blessing.

Equal Lovers(-)
    A unique skill embodies their special bond with Nefertiti. No matter where they are, they shall always be equals.

Noble Phantasms:

Coronal Rain
    Sun Disk Artillery platform

Type: Anti- Army

The main offensive method of the servant Akhenaten, it appears to be a kind of transmutation based around sunlight. By condensing sunlight into the form of an obelisk, the sun's rays become literal rods of gods which act as high speed kinetic energy weapons. It appears this process of conversion reduces the speed of the impact to reasonable city wiping levels. When activated without a true name release these rays of lights can function as regular attacks. The power of regular attacks exists proportional to the opponents divinity, dealing damage equivalent to D rank strength against those without Divinity.

??????
    ??????

Type: Anti-Divine

????

Choices
    1. Return to sleep

2. Visit Lucas (Cost: 15 Stamina)

3. Convene with the shadow (Cost: 15 stamina, 20 mana)

4. Visit Roko

5. Write in

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    ​3

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries