Thread: Can the "Armor of Fafnir" event be recreated?

Can the "Armor of Fafnir" event be recreated?

Apologies if this isn't in the correct sub-forum, but I'm not quite used to the system.

We know from F/Apo and Siegfried's profile that the NP "Armor of Fafnir" is the servant representation of the "invunerability" he was said to have gained by slaying Fafnir and being bathed in its blood.

We also know from Siegfried's words in the First Singularity (FGO) - and somewhat implied with Sieg - that Siegfried and Fafnir come as a duality, where " the appearance of one calls for the other" or something.

If someone was to slay this Fafnir (or Sieg-nir) and be bathed in its blood, would they get an ability similar to the above NP?
    lll

Extra: Sigurd's "Crystallized Wisdom" is a result of him eating his Fafnir's heart. So, same scenario as above.

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    I'd say it's not possible, unless we're talking about the original Fafnir from Nibelungenlied.

What exactly makes the Fafnir different? While I do understand that there are different dragons with the same name, why would their characteristics be different? We don't know if Siggurd was bathed in blood or if Sigfried ate its heart. As such, and while we can't prove they are the same, we can't disprove it either.

Unless the name "Fafnir" itself has some deeper meaning, seems pointless to give the same name (since, as far as I know, Fafnir is not a title or rank) to dragons which don't share the same traits.

US Friend Code
    People turn into Fafnir when they exhibit extreme greed. I would imagine every victim of the Evil Dragon Phenomenon ends up turning into the same dragon, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. That's just me guessing though.

Well, they'd have to be lucky enough to have a leaf or something cover part of them so they just don't become a new Fafnir immediately probably.

I feel like you might need some hero level stuff/force of providence to deal with it too to begin with. Although if you're fighting a dragon you're probably already a hero.

Probably doesn't really work for servants I imagine since their class container is already filled with them.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    Would it be able to happen if Fafnir was summoned as a servant?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    People turn into Fafnir when they exhibit extreme greed. I would imagine every victim of the Evil Dragon Phenomenon ends up turning into the same dragon, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. That's just me guessing though.
    Wait, are dragons and the Holy Grails connected? If memory serves, the natural HG's are formed through the desires of an age. And if dragons are born through extreme greed, then is that saying it's the world's way of handling all that greed at once, not putting it into the grail but instead a dragon?

I suppose it makes sense in regards to Beast 666 then, how he is supposed to be humanity's greedy desires manifested or something, and has a draconic appearance. Maybe the false grail he was formed from just gathered the impure desires or something.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    All dragons exist for a reason, but that reason is not always greed. See Vritra, whose reason is challenging humans with the harshness of winter.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    Wait, are dragons and the Holy Grails connected? If memory serves, the natural HG's are formed through the desires of an age. And if dragons are born through extreme greed, then is that saying it's the world's way of handling all that greed at once, not putting it into the grail but instead a dragon?

I suppose it makes sense in regards to Beast 666 then, how he is supposed to be humanity's greedy desires manifested or something, and has a draconic appearance. Maybe the false grail he was formed from just gathered the impure desires or something.
    It's specifically Fafnir who's born from greed. I don't think we know the cause of it, but it's called the Evil Dragon Phenomenon where the greediest person in the world (at least in Norse and Germanic textures) turns into Fafnir. It happened to a dwarf for the Fafnir Sigurd fought, a giant for the one Siegfried fought, and to Surtr in Lostbelt 2. LB2 and the Oniland Halloween event go into it a little bit.

Considering
    The living Siegfried, on the other hand, had his inborn disposition combined with the transformation of his heart due to being bathed in and drinking a dragon’s blood,
    I think there's an argument, looking back that Siegfried was just naturally geared towards becoming a dragon-body man and dragon man.

So basically a Sacchin for Fafnir which let him get AoF.