Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My only worry about this game is what we're going to lose in exchange for all the new things. We already know they're okay with limiting the Dex, so maybe this entry will have half the SwSh roster. Or maybe the open world being hilariously tiny or large but filled with nothing.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    Sounds to something I'm shit in it. Require actual reflexes?
    Nah. It's a bit more fast-paced than normal turn-based battles but it's not like it's an action game, it's still ultimately turn-based just sometimes you or the enemy may have a few turns in a row.

Here's a video of a FF7 battle. See how the bar on the right fills up, and then when it's full the battle commands appear. That's how it works.
    Last edited by Reign; March 5th, 2021 at 04:31 PM.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    My only worry about this game is what we're going to lose in exchange for all the new things. We already know they're okay with limiting the Dex, so maybe this entry will have half the SwSh roster. Or maybe the open world being hilariously tiny or large but filled with nothing.
    In this context, a limited Dex is not a bad thing, just like it doesn't really matter for the Pokemon spinoff games. That being said, the open world problems are legit concerns. The few shots we got in the trailer look promising, but so did SwSh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You're right that spinoffs don't have the pressure that mainline games have to let every pokemon be playable (or at least they used to before SwSh). But now that we know GameFreak is perfectly OK with leaving out some pokemon from the game entirely, it means that now more than ever each game is going be judged on it's available roster. I'm a Gen I & II person so I'm always spoiled by these games (Look it's Cyndaquill!), but every time it happens the people who started with IV or V get riled up.

I liked Conquest precisely because it had a lot of good Gen IV and Gen V Pokemon, and considering that this IS Sinnoh, we'll likely get the Sinnoh Regional Dex.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It would make sense since that way they could halve their work by using the same dex in both games, but on the other hand it's a little crazy to make the same game two completely different ways at the same time (cough*FF7R*cough).

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    It would make sense since that way they could halve their work by using the same dex in both games, but on the other hand it's a little crazy to make the same game two completely different ways at the same time (cough*FF7R*cough).
    That, and the stated plot of the game is to create the first Sinnoh Pokedex/the precursor to the regional dex.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Nah. It's a bit more fast-paced than normal turn-based battles but it's not like it's an action game, it's still ultimately turn-based just sometimes you or the enemy may have a few turns in a row.

Here's a video of a FF7 battle. See how the bar on the right fills up, and then when it's full the battle commands appear. That's how it works.
    Ok, how this would work with Pokemon that are inherent slow? Someone like Rampardos is going to have their shit kicked out.

Ramparidos already kinda sucked. I suppose most slower Pokemon have the bulk to make up for it, at least in theory.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Rude.

It learns Surf and has a glowy skull that blasts Pokemon to pieces and is very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Why would you use Surf with Ramparidos' absolutely shit-tier Special Attack? That, and it's only good stat is Attack. Nothing else is any good.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Surfboarding dinosaurs is radical af. Denver the last dinosaur ass energy

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    >he doesn't stan the fire-breathing head smashing surfing dino
    canon finish apo vol 3

Never did, especially since it fell super easily to the fire monke which I do stan.

- - - Updated - - -

With that in mind, Infernape needs a 4-6 armed Mega Evolution or Gigantamax form.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Why would you use Surf with Ramparidos' absolutely shit-tier Special Attack? That, and it's only good stat is Attack. Nothing else is any good.
    Because you can, of course. Even with mediocre Sp. Attack Rampardos have a rich movepol, can use Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam and Surf (how much I would like it if some Gen V pokemon where like this). You only need to level the shit out of him. Maybe when I make a new game of Diamond I'm gonna use it in the slot of the Dragon.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Never did, especially since it fell super easily to the fire monke which I do stan.

- - - Updated - - -

With that in mind, Infernape needs a 4-6 armed Mega Evolution or Gigantamax form.
    loses to rattata, shitmon
    canon finish apo vol 3

A rich movepool means nothing without the stats to back it up. Dragons were good back in the day because they generally had both. I mean, they're still good as a whole, but many of the newer Dragons are more limited in one way or another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    loses to rattata, shitmon
    Ah, FEAR.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At long last some news.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    January, so two months after the Sinnoh remakes.
    Thought it'd come out later tbh.
    burn your dread you coward

Same. I thought we'd have to wait 'till May for Legends. I hope this means development started quite a long time before it was announced, and not that it's being rushed.