Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring 2021 Anime: Oops All Sequels

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Godzilla started very boringly...

Dynazenon started very nicely!

US Friend Code
    Gridman was a show that I thought was just okay while watching it but started liking more as I looked back on it. I expect Dynazenon to be about the same for me. I did enjoy this first episode.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    In my case I absolutely loved Gridman from the start. This one has a strong start as well, but I'm gonna miss the old opening theme.

Edit:

Just watched the first episode of Godzilla. It starts out awful with all the fast dialogue but got much better as the episode progressed, I'm hooked.
    Too bad about the CG monsters though, they look specially bad after having just watched how clean Dynazenon is. Not that there was ever a chance of them looking good anyway.
    Last edited by pinetree; April 2nd, 2021 at 10:12 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Singular point was a bit odd but I enjoyed it for the most part.

I loved Dynazenon, particularly Gauma who is endearingly stupid

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Dynazenon is unique mecha where animal form is the power up version.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure Episode 42: A nice little episode focusing on Izzy, I always like it when he and Taichi team up. I was wondering about the lack of Black Lightning in the last few episodes so I was glad that they clarified why it was absent. I never cared for Gerbemon or Tyumon before but this episode went a long way of endearing me to them. I did like Tyumon evolving into Searchmon at the end "in order to be like Izzy" since he too now bears the Crest of Knowledge.

Not sure who if any of the kids is getting focus next week. The singing battle makes me think it might be Mimi in reference to that one episode of 01, but we shall have to see.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Odd Taxi started out great. The mystery is intriguing and there are tons of moving parts to it.

The aesthetic is bizarre though. Characters are standard enough, but the backgrounds are all put through some chalk-like filter, except for any moving details, which are rendered just like the characters. Vehicles are CG on top of that, but only when we see them from outside.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Combatants will be Dispatched: Feels a bit lifeless compared to Konosuba or Kemono Michi, I'll give it a couple to warm up.

Burning Kabaddi: Dropped it the moment they resorted to blackmailing the MC to join their sports club.

Mashiro no Uta: Wow, it's been a long while since I've seen something this disjointed. "Oh my girlfirnd caught me fucking a groupie, I guess I won' talk to her until the next day. Then I'll take her roommate who I dislike backstage at my show". There was almost no animation outside of the performances too. Music was on point though so I'm kind of torn on following it through.

Edens Zero: "TL Notes: I don't know what this dumb bitch says half the time" You can really feel the dedication here. Oh hi Gajeel. wait is that just the Fairy Tail guild hall? There's having a style and re-using character designs, then only drawing one thing. The best thing this episode did was remind me that I have Gravity Rush 2 sitting on my Playstation waiting to be booted up.

Seven Knights Revolution: I'm like 90% positive that this is based on a gacha only because the OP has everyone holding a glowing custom card. Oh my god, is this just a low rent fantasy version of Shaman King, using heroes as stands and installing them to fight?

Goodbye Cramer: Is this anime running in reverse? They start with the end of first episode pep talk, then right into normal school life? Then team scouting in a flashback to a year ago?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    First episode of Sentouin was pretty bad. Dropped. Guess that leaves me with Iruma S2.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I should rewatch the first two seasons of Thunderbolt Fantasy. Natsuki Hanae's character is pretty cool, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Red Mars seems to be the first interesting thing this season. The art style was a bit weird being so flat, and the direction looks almost SHAFTy for all the cuts they do, but it had my attention the whole way through.

Shaman King's a bit weird. From seeing Hao at the beginning, ruining a nice twist, to hearing the japanese voices, to most of the characters proportions.

Full Dive: This feels like it exists solely to rip on SAO. I don't think it can last on it's own merits.

KoiKimo: Only got halfway through before masochist narcissist playboy stalker got on my last nerve.

Viy: I have no idea what just happened, but it was pretty. From what I bathered there's going to an AI uprising soon and a teddy from 100 years in the future is trying to stop it by getting a singer to become Major Kusanagi. Then maybe terrorism? I do enjoy the fact I only understand their Skynet analogue's name because of talking about Paradox Spiral on this forum.

I Can't Believe It's Not Hentai: This basically feels like a less wholesome Senko-san or Kobayashi.

Isekai Potioneer: I don't mind the set up or the MC but the show just didn't hook me. I think I'd be much more interested if she ran away from the castle rather than politely asking her kidnappers for a transfer.

Odd Taxi: 1) We can now update that "Monkey has a gun meme". 2) Is this how all taxi drivers in Japan dress? Because he looks a lot like the guy from Canaan. I want to say Kiryu in Yakuza 5 too, though I haven't seen much of that game.

So three things put on the follow list: Red Mars, Odd Taxi and Viy, all I have left to check out is Joran and the sequels. And anything that starts this weekend like Nagataro, 86 or whatever else shows up.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Shirabii is doing a countdown to 86 anime on his twitter. Seems to be prioritizing drawing minor characters from San Magnolia arc over series main charas, which also fuels my hunch that they might do an extended adaption of volume 1. Asato was originally forced to trim the arc down and edit it to fit one volume since they werent sure if it would sell, which is why vol 1 feels more like a standalone novel.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I finally got around to Joran. I really like Sawa's "I don't give a damn about the plot, I just want REVENGE" mindset. Reminds me of Velvet Crowe. Although Velvet was a lot more passionate while Sawa is cool and collected. That said I think I enjoy Red Mars more right now, just for it's uniqueness.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Watching the first episode of Isekai Maou, just like in season 1, when he refused to punish Galford, now he's too afraid to reveal his demon lord title to a nun. What's the point of even having that title, then?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not getting a mob after you.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Is that what you call juice bags and target practice? Killing a deceitful human sends a certain message. Purging a corrupt church as a demon lord sends another.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; April 8th, 2021 at 06:39 PM.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Well, Lumachina wasn't willing to listen at first, and she's too religious (even after noticing the church is rotten and corrupt. She's innocently idiotic to the point of thinking she could get away with questioning the corruption and how violent paladins are) so he figured the Demon Lord thing'd complicate things, as it indeed did when Krem showed up with Edelgard. Also, let's not forget he isn't a true demon lord like Anos or having his personality forced to fit his character like Ainz. Diablo uses the demon lord act to cover his huge socialization issues. And people have caught onto the fact he doesn't truly mean it given actions speak louder than words, so they treat him basically like a chuuni. He wouldn't be able to keep the life he has going if he made himself an enemy of the church
    There's also Shera and Rem being in serious danger if he makes enemies of the church. Doubt he wants a repeat of S1's scare with Saddler torturing and almost killing Rem
    Sure, Klem's a good asset if it came to that, but he wants her to live as a normal girl and not the demon lord Krebskulm, so he'd rather avoid her getting in fights even if the collar allows him a way of control to hopefully prevent her from fully transforming like she did in S1's finale
    Not like I think he'll be able to avoid a major confrontation with the church now that he's decided to help Lumachina. Something tells me this legendary paladin isn't as trustworthy as the cast hopes he'll be.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Is that what you call juice bags and target practice? Killing a deceitful human sends a certain message. Purging a corrupt church as a demon lord sends another.

Because not everyone's idea of a good time is genocide and tyranny.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Killing in combat isn't genocide. The classic definition of tyrant, maybe. Again, whence come the demon lord title?