Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1116192021

Thread: Spring 2021 Anime: Oops All Sequels

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    It's the usual cycle of anime, madhouse got a similar reception when overlord season 3 butchered the manga and they let go of one punch man, give it till the Solomon movie adaptation and people will pull a 180° again. Shadow house will still be well regarded despite the questionable changes so I don't think you need to be that overwhelmed, at worst people will say the last 1% was bad. Ultimately people just want to see a series they love animated more so while I'm sure it's annoying to see it's probably best to just do what I did for fruits basket and avoid discussions for a while and then people will forget about it just like how they forget that no matter how disatisfying the conclusions were, different people wrote all the shows Cloverworks worked on so whether the conclusion is bad or not isn't their business.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    log off from social media

problem solved

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Caught up to ep 12 of Shadows House. Did anyone feel it kind of undermines the work Kate and John put into breaking their Living Dolls out of the coffee trance when Patrick and Louise did so with just a few words? It makes me wonder how effective that brainwashing is if it can be broken so easily, and honestly I find it hard to believe Louise really cares for Lou as anything more than a cute toy so that part of the episode fell a little flat for me. Maybe this is what people meant when they said parts leading to the finale were rushed...

Talking about SH, where the changes in the manga and the original story begin? in what chapter of the manga as I want to read from there. At least it make their job. I'm gonna read the manga.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I finally watched the 'ending' of Wonder Egg. Feels a bit weird to have a 40 minute special episode only to blow half on a second recap, and then not even finish the story. I can see what people were talking about where the animation takes a nose dive since there were scenes that were just 2d characters on a photo background. I don't mind the Everyone Forgets twist, since the show always felt like be to about moving past the death of a friend and carrying on with your life. I'm even accepting of the Robo twist, since Frill also exists, was made decades ago, and only by two dudes on a lark. Leaving major plotlines unresolved, and with a happy full cast "The END" though? That's egregious. The only thing worse than an unfished work, is one left unfinished because of terrible management. Maybe if it ever comes back I'll update my thoughts on it, but as of now it sits with Shaman King in my mind. A fun ride that I wouldn't recommend due to it stopping right at the end. (I know Shaman King actually got an ending years later, but that original stop put me off it so hard I've never gone back)
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Caught up to ep 12 of Shadows House. Did anyone feel it kind of undermines the work Kate and John put into breaking their Living Dolls out of the coffee trance when Patrick and Louise did so with just a few words? It makes me wonder how effective that brainwashing is if it can be broken so easily, and honestly I find it hard to believe Louise really cares for Lou as anything more than a cute toy so that part of the episode fell a little flat for me. Maybe this is what people meant when they said parts leading to the finale were rushed...
    That's the part where I said the arc dragged developments from later in the manga (like Louise caring more for Lou's well being and the explanation for how other dolls were easier to unbrainwash) without thinking about how it contradicted things

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    Talking about SH, where the changes in the manga and the original story begin? in what chapter of the manga as I want to read from there. At least it make their job. I'm gonna read the manga.
    Start reading the chapters 1-6 for some not serious fluff but still it shows how Emilico and Kate bonded early on better than the anime. Then chapters 17-20 for the night watch arc because they skipped a character that served as an important connection to later arcs. After that just read chapter 48 onwards