Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring 2021 Anime: Oops All Sequels

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    So I've been meaning to ask for like two years at this point, but is the OP for Iruma a joke? They have all these action scene that make it look like its a battle anime, but it's super SoL comedy. Or does the manga pull a Negima and have a huge genre shift years in?
    There are some hints of some bigger revelations regarding the demon king as well as the deal with the terrorists from season one, but it's not the main focus and from this point the arcs kind of serve as a way to give certain misfits some spotlight (runs into the issue that they steamroll all their competition, but it's all so charming I don't mind)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    OsaMake no, not the cockblock maid. Sueharu you dumbass she literally tried to kiss you it's not just respect AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    There are some hints of some bigger revelations regarding the demon king as well as the deal with the terrorists from season one, but it's not the main focus and from this point the arcs kind of serve as a way to give certain misfits some spotlight (runs into the issue that they steamroll all their competition, but it's all so charming I don't mind)
    So no mountain size monsters that the entire class needs to group flash step away from? I'll file that under joke then.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Joran: Wow, It's been a while since I've seen a show go downhill the the way this did. The big climatic fight to round out this demon hunting action show? Two people who can't bring themselves to hit the other, or ganking a geriatric in his sleep. Oh well, at least the MC did something to resolve her own problems? Nope, both villains killed each other while she was crying on a beach. I'd even accept the melancholy ending if Sawa had anything to do with the conflict resolving itself, but instead it just comes off as petty. I don't think the MC has had any agency for the last 6 or 7 episodes. Ever since snake guy died, she just does whatever people tell her to, and the only fight she wins is against ribbon girl.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    So no mountain size monsters that the entire class needs to group flash step away from? I'll file that under joke then.
    No there are very much mountain sized monsters that the whole class needs to defeat

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Joran: Wow, It's been a while since I've seen a show go downhill the the way this did. The big climatic fight to round out this demon hunting action show? Two people who can't bring themselves to hit the other, or ganking a geriatric in his sleep. Oh well, at least the MC did something to resolve her own problems? Nope, both villains killed each other while she was crying on a beach. I'd even accept the melancholy ending if Sawa had anything to do with the conflict resolving itself, but instead it just comes off as petty. I don't think the MC has had any agency for the last 6 or 7 episodes. Ever since snake guy died, she just does whatever people tell her to, and the only fight she wins is against ribbon girl.
    I kind of liked the fact that Yoshinobu was completely defenseless. This is to remind me that this isn't going to end like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings where the evil tyrant has literal superpowers. Sorry, Wolfenstein. Hitler doesn't have a giant robot suit. Most of these master politicians have literally nothing in the way of any martial skill. No, sci-fi or magic steroids in the way of Armstrong or Shido, either. See Qin Shihuang in Hero, Titus Mede II in Skyrim, Davros in Doctor Who, any Enclave President in Fallout, LaCroix in Vampire the Masquerade, etc.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Zombieland Saga: good kiddos, good episode, powerful ending
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I like how people's reaction to seeing Franchouchou without their makeup on is basically Trip's reaction to seeing a Nosferatu in Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Basically, assuming that the lack of makeup is the makeup.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    I kind of liked the fact that Yoshinobu was completely defenseless. This is to remind me that this isn't going to end like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings where the evil tyrant has literal superpowers. Sorry, Wolfenstein. Hitler doesn't have a giant robot suit. Most of these master politicians have literally nothing in the way of any martial skill. No, sci-fi or magic steroids in the way of Armstrong or Shido, either. See Qin Shihuang in Hero, Titus Mede II in Skyrim, Davros in Doctor Who, any Enclave President in Fallout, LaCroix in Vampire the Masquerade, etc.
    The 'big villain' (because Jin's the actual villain in this story) being a pathetic shell is good, but the fact it's not the MC that confronts him is what bothers me, especially when she treated as if she was responsible for his death later on. Add to that the non resolution of her conflict with Jin and it's just so disappointing. Not that such a situation is that unique in the show, Sawa was Great at killing minions, but put anyone in front of her related to her revenge quest and she starts acting like it's the first time she touched her sword, rather than an assassin trained from childhood. Professional Assassin Ribbon Girl? Beats her hand to hand magic bullshit. Old ally who's murdered her little sister and turned into an insane catgirl? Has to be rescued because she can't do a damn thing.

Mars Red Episode 11
    Spoiler:
    What the heck, Maeda? You're supposed to be the hero of this story. After being turned you were supposed to step in and make things right... You know have a big reunion with the remaining Code Zero members, explain how you've survived so long.

But even after seeing the same thing happen to Misaki, it looks like he's stuck experiecing the same memories from his near death experience, in this case, the promise that he made to Misaki. Even if Kurusu confronted Maeda about what he did to Shirase, I doubt Maeda would know who he is...

But he had the sense to return Yamagami's lighter to his wife, and to tear off the stars from his uniform where Misaki died, so why attack Defrott and Aoi when they needed your help?

The fight between him and Defrott was a pretty good showing of strong vampires can be. Like we've seen their speed, and the only demonstration of real strength we've seen was Yamagami, a unranked vampire, moving that debris off of Maeda by himself. But they left craters in the walls while moved, that's insane. I've also looked back at the first episode, where Nakajima asks about Maeda's arm and Maeda says it works fine, that was a hint about his prosthetic right there. There's also the part where he says it's important to hold onto their humanity, which hurts looking back on it now. Also no one is mentioning the stigmata anymore which probably would be on a lot of the artificial vampires tongue's, along with Maeda's if Misaka is anything to go by.

The oldest out of the vampire kids is talking to someone behind everyone's back all of sudden is also something to note. And that was after the talk she had with Suwa about their humanity. The answer Suwa had about the difference between vampires and humans being if they're sick of being alive ties into Defrott thinking the only reason he's stayed sane for as long as he has is because of his acting.

The Ascra that turns humans into vampire is the same blood substitute that caused that vampire couple to go crazy. It's an addictive drug, and they became dependent on it. Also like drugs, I bet you can overdose on it, which is probably what happened to those S-Class vampires at that warehouse.

And voice changing is a vampire power I guess, which was probably thought up from stories of monsters mimicking the voices of their victim's loved ones to lure them to them. I should have realized something was wrong when Nakajima's superiors praised Rufus, I thought he just turned them from the blinds being shut, but he's finally making his big move. He has no use for Nakajima any more.

I wanted to know more about Tenmanya's and Defrott's past, so it was nice hearing about both theirs in this episode.
    But I am very happy that Kurusu managed to make it to them, the only question is, will both he and her make it back alive?

86 Episode 10:

Spoiler:
    This was mostly an original episode, but I read that there's a side story from the manga in this episode plus the stuff with Fido is from the short stories in Volume 10.
    Shin was the one who said it, but they only have enough fuel and weapons/supplies to last a few more weeks. Either the Legion will kill them in battle and they'll be able to put up a fight against them, or they won't be able to. Or they'll just starve.

They might be free, but they don't have that much time left. Also to note, the Para-RAID devices on their ears are still there because they'd have to be surgically removed, they're implanted on their ears so the Republic could listen in on them at all times.

I just find it so funny, that the Republic can't make machines that can match the Legion efficiently, but can systemically force whole entire races of people into camps, shut down any forms of rebellion, and force them to fight for them. All such with a lazy military.

Raiden's known Shin the longest, so he would definitely know if something is wrong with him. Which there is. He's right about him not having any purpose after he killed his brother, that was what was keeping him going. Now without that...

It was cool seeing those photo/video memories from Fido, the one with Anju breaking down behind the base, and Haruto saying he wanted to go with them on the reconnaissance mission really hurt though. The last one doesn't make any actual sense to me.
    Last edited by Laserman; June 18th, 2021 at 10:55 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The 'big villain' (because Jin's the actual villain in this story) being a pathetic shell is good, but the fact it's not the MC that confronts him is what bothers me, especially when she treated as if she was responsible for his death later on. Add to that the non resolution of her conflict with Jin and it's just so disappointing. Not that such a situation is that unique in the show, Sawa was Great at killing minions, but put anyone in front of her related to her revenge quest and she starts acting like it's the first time she touched her sword, rather than an assassin trained from childhood. Professional Assassin Ribbon Girl? Beats her hand to hand magic bullshit. Old ally who's murdered her little sister and turned into an insane catgirl? Has to be rescued because she can't do a damn thing.
    A freakishly realistic portrayal of RPG battles. During minion fights, you can literally win by sleeping. During boss fights, come with a lot of potions, and you still just barely win.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Dynazeon over. Loved it. While Gridman focused on Akane, Anti and a bit of Alexis. leaving the Gridman Aliiance as functional but not really developed characters, I feel this did much better exploring the whole cast. The fights were fun and the entire cast is likable. I also like how making the cast pilots of a combining mecha gives everyone a role in the action, unlike Gridman where only Yuuta and the weapons contributed. Very hyped for the 3rd work in this universe: Gridman x Dynazenon. Really loving this passion project of Trigger born from their love for a 90s tokusatsu show. Who was gonna say that one short would spawn all of this.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    The last one doesn't make any actual sense to me
    Spoiler:
    You mean the shot with kid shin, annette, and rei? thats foreshadowing for volume 7.
    Spoiler:
    Its revealed Fido's AI is recycled from Shins childhood robot dog

Back Arrow over. 10/10. Goddamn AOTY. Only Getter Arc is challenging it's AOTY title right now. Great characters, fun plot and crazy fights. Goddamn, I'll miss this show. This was a goddamn amazing ride
    Goddamn, I lack the words to properly convey how in love I am with this show
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

About 86 Episode 10:
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I'm still reading volume 4 lol, I'm not that far yet.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Back Arrow over. 10/10. Goddamn AOTY. Only Getter Arc is challenging it's AOTY title right now. Great characters, fun plot and crazy fights. Goddamn, I'll miss this show. This was a goddamn amazing ride
    Goddamn, I lack the words to properly convey how in love I am with this show
    Arrow's next destination will be Super Robot Wars.

the mechs in back arrow are super cool, you could make some really sick SRW movesets with these guys

Blog Entries
    Iruma-kun: Huh, I didn't remember Balam had long hair at first. Neat.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Vivy Fluorite Eyes Song done. Amazing sci-fi show. Vivy and Matsumoto are great MCs with great development, plot was great, OST amazing and looked great. Certainly a great ride
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Wew 86. Very strong contender for one of the most satisfying anime adaptions of all time for me.