Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring 2021 Anime: Oops All Sequels

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    86 is amusing cause people will hear the author going on about garter belts and assume she's a man but when they hear that she's not they go "Oh yeah, Shin sounds like a woman's brand of fantasy" and I'm never sure what to make of either take lol.

But for today's episode, oof, poor Daiya, he got rawest deal this episode. I'm also increasingly feeling bad for Lena because she can't straightforwardly say the truth or Shin will be in danger but all her attempts to get help are being brushed off because as far as they're concerned, getting wiped out is the 86's problem which just. Lol. Lmao.

I can kind of vibe with Shin X Lena and I also can't lol. She's obviously sheltered, so his consistently calm and caring personality as well as their connected past does give them a decent starting point, but because Shin is still stuck neck deep in 10 layers of PTSD and they haven't known eachother for long it's still a bit odd. I'd sooner believe her chemistry with Raiden in comparison. But we'll see
    Asatos afterwords are always funny, shes either drooling at her fetish or talking some hardcore military otaku babble. The early volumes were about Lenas garterbelts, but recent volumes have been about skintight pilot suits on girls and hot men in uniforms, hot men in uniforms and hot men in uniforms.

Lena is also pretty lonely, she only has like 3 close people who all have varying levels of friction with her because of her views: Mom wants her to quit military and marry some noble dbag, her relationship with uncle jerome has been getting worse every time they meet lately, and things are kinda shaky even with her best friend Anette. I dont think its too farfetched that shes crushing on the nice guy with the hot voice shes been chatting with daily on skype for 2 months now. But I do think Shin only becomes a really compelling character after he gets over the current tunnel vision and moves on to the confused stage of "so... whats next?", and thats also when the romance starts building up for real. It takes two to tango, and like you said Shin as he is now is not much of a dance partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Don't things have to be finished to be in SRW, so they know how to make the inevitable depressing end most mecha anime have into a Good End?
    As far as I know the biggest deciding factor on what makes it into SRW is what series have fresh merch out at the moment.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Don't things have to be finished to be in SRW, so they know how to make the inevitable depressing end most mecha anime have into a Good End?
    No. Rebuild has been in for years before the final movie. I think same to FMP not being finished before SRW started including it. There might be other examples
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    imo Back Arrow has more chance to appear in SRW.

I just want to see Emperor Zetsu and Rudolf fighting by themselves.

Im hoping next SRW or the one after it will be the one to finally include Muvluv Alternative now that its getting an anime, age having transitioned fully from eroge to all-ages and is doing an aggressive rollout of merch to resurrect themselves after years of slumber.

JP Friend Code
    Well, they were able to take the first steps a while ago...uhm, sorta'...

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watched eps 6 of Shadows House this morning. I wonder how many people will lewd that scene of Emilico and Rum pushing the cart up together. Since they were both panting and blushing with big smiles on their faces and ended up collapsing to the ground holding hands afterwards. That aside, this episode was pretty fun and suspenseful. John came off as a bit of a creep when he told Kate "I'll free you if you promise to marry me" but on the other hand he was pretty upfront about it and I guess you could spin it as him believing she was strong-willed enough to get free on her own if she rejected his help.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    F for Parona who didn't accomplish anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Watched eps 6 of Shadows House this morning. I wonder how many people will lewd that scene of Emilico and Rum pushing the cart up together. Since they were both panting and blushing with big smiles on their faces and ended up collapsing to the ground holding hands afterwards. That aside, this episode was pretty fun and suspenseful. John came off as a bit of a creep when he told Kate "I'll free you if you promise to marry me" but on the other hand he was pretty upfront about it and I guess you could spin it as him believing she was strong-willed enough to get free on her own if she rejected his help.
    Don't think too deeply about John's actions, he has no malice he's just a dummy shounen protagonist (and best boy)

Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    Well, they were able to take the first steps a while ago...uhm, sorta'...
    everyone and their mom is on the blasted soshage cause they need to keep releasing units to have the people spending.

Blog Entries
    Damn, even knowing the kind of show this is I'm consistently surprised when 86 kills off characters. Really didn't expect SPOILERDaiya to bite it this ep. Fleshing likeable characters out and killing them off in such an almost matter-of-fact way (their losses are tragic, but not over-the-top dramatic like how say Akame Ga Kill treated its major character-deaths) really does a good job of showing off the horrors of war and how expendably the 86 are treated.

On the lighter side of things, Lena's blushing outburst when she carelessly admitted how much talking to Shin meant to her was like the most adorable thing ever. The squadron weren't wrong when they compared her to a sheltered princess, she legit almost fainted from embarrassment just talking to a guy she's never even seen. The best part though was when she slapped her cheeks afterwards and gave a determined stare into the mirror. Really shows the duality of her character well. She has the heart of a virgin maiden (like in her talk with Kaie back in ep 3) but also the ironclad conviction to carry forward on the path she believes is right no matter what.

Also, when Annette said she doesn't want to date men her own age because they're too "childish" did anyone else wonder if she meant that they're the ones most likely to be fanatically supportive of the Alban regime? Since the discrimination against 86 had only been going on for one generation older people might be less prejudiced (like Lena's uncle who knows it's wrong but is disillusioned to try and change anything) and children are innocent born not knowing of bigotry. It just made me think given there's been hints before that Annette doesn't so much think the way society is being run is good so much as just tries to accept it figuring there's no way she can make a difference.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    everyone and their mom is on the blasted soshage cause they need to keep releasing units to have the people spending.
    Well, no longer. X-Omega ended on 3/30. So, no longer. DD persists, though. But it doesn't seem to be going for the approach of adding a new show every few months just yet
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Embarrassed Lena noises.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

lmao
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

I'm bummed we didn't see Maria's commercial too.
    canon finish apo vol 3

The 86 gives me Ironblooded Orphan vibes. And considering how that ended, I don't know if that's a good thing.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fruits Basket: Man, Shigure is such a mess. He ignores rule #1 and sticks his dick in so much crazy. Then he goes for the Mother Daughter Yandere combo. Ren is just a yandere 30 years in the future isn't she? Speaking of which, I get how Shigure can have sex with Akito, since she's zodiac too, but how did him and Ren get together without turning into a dog?

Odd Taxi: ...and that children is why you should never simp.
    Last edited by Mattias; May 20th, 2021 at 01:53 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Akito ain't a zodiac, but as their god she can touch whoever she pleases. Don't...think too deeply about the other one

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Akito ain't a zodiac, but as their god she can touch whoever she pleases. Don't...think too deeply about the other one

Yeah Akito's like 13/12, or would that be 14/12 with the cat, so she makes sense. But while I can gloss over it when it's mentioned in one line in the middle of a more important conversation, when it's just Shigure and Ren sitting around talking about their affair for five minutes, the mind starts to wander.Especially since last episode had the same situation come up with Kyo's Grampa. Which now that I think about it might be even worse.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Zombieland Saga rused me again and again, top-quality shit.

NEXT EPISODE THOUGH
    canon finish apo vol 3