Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring 2021 Anime: Oops All Sequels

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    86 first cour done. Wonderful and tragic show. Both Speahead's and Lena's side of the story were very well done and there was a lot of good tragedy and well done examination of racism, opression and war. This is a harsh show, and it's very well done. Curious what the special next week'll be and looking foward to the 2nd half in fall
    Last edited by bassgs435; June 19th, 2021 at 05:44 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    NOW THAT'S MORE LIKE MY BOY THE ENIGMATIC GALE

- - - Updated - - -

rip mantis though
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I knew there was some keikaku at play. Vape knew the sword was there. He wouldn't risk it. Feels good to see the keikaku executed, though
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    More Good Shit from 86, very glad I picked up this anime.
    Spoiler:
    [Pity I'm spoiled on the fact that Shin's not dead, but I'll live.]
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    More Good Shit from 86, very glad I picked up this anime.
    Spoiler:
    [Pity I'm spoiled on the fact that Shin's not dead, but I'll live.]
    very cheeky of A-1 to end first cour on a note that
    Spoiler:
    implies the entire remaining spearhead got wiped out. It wasnt this way in the novels, vol1 ends on a flashforward that confirms their status.

I liked that they put some hooks for vol2-3 / second cour in the final ep, with the bombardment of that special Legion unit, and confirming its another shepherd. I've seen some confusion among anime onlies, thinking it was Rei who bombarded most of Spearhead a couple episodes ago, but thats wrong, it was in fact this dude.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Adventure Episode 53: A great episode. I'm glad I was wrong about Tailmon Evolving into Kabukimon as that would likely have been too repetitive after Ponchomon and would have taken away from this episode being about Joe. Speaking of, he really got a good showing here and lived up to Tailmon's title of "leader". I wouldn't have minded if we got Vikemon here but I certainly wouldn't turn down another Joe-focused episode.

Next week though, I wonder if Taichi will compare Rebellimon to Ogremon or something since I remember that being a common theory of how Ogremon could come back after he was killed by MetalTyranomon. :O
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Combatants done. A fun isekai. Gotta say, I'll miss these dorks. Also, Heine was really hot. And Alice is best girl
    Seven Knights Revolution done. Surprise of the season. Nemo's character arc is great and has some unexpected twists. Action is great. Plot is fun and has some unexpected elements. Pretty good
    Dragon goes House Hunting done. This was really funny and even heartwarming at places. Letty and Dearia are a pretty great duo, and their antics are great. They also have some good development. In the end, a good fantasy comedy show
    Last edited by bassgs435; June 20th, 2021 at 05:56 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Back Arrow: OK anime with really awesome fight scenes. The mecha battles were really good.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Grooming a JK: lmao what a meme, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi still the goat
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Im going to have to read the fruits basket manga after the anime finishes it seem. The anime is still great, but I really don't understand why they cut so many things in this last stretch

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Fumetsu: Damn monsters crashing my perfectly good romantic drama.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Im going to have to read the fruits basket manga after the anime finishes it seem. The anime is still great, but I really don't understand why they cut so many things in this last stretch

Did they cut things? It's been more than a decade since I read it, but from my recollections the show would have ended around episode 10. I don't remember there being enough content to fill these last few episodes.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Did they cut things? It's been more than a decade since I read it, but from my recollections the show would have ended around episode 10. I don't remember there being enough content to fill these last few episodes.
    Kyoko's entire backstory, some Yuki and Machi scenes and it's looking like they won't adapt the explanation of Kakeru's connection with Tohru (which would be weird, considering they already hinted that he had a connection with her)

Godzilla Singular Point done. What a weird, but still good show. Fun fights, a crazy scalation and the human characters are great. That said, get ready for lots of complicated sci-fi stuff. Still, a very fun and interesting take on Godzilla. I like it
    Also, that goddamn scene after the last episode credits.
    Spoiler:
    Would watch a season 2 with MechaGodzilla

Tensura Nikki done. A good and chill spinoff to Slime Tensei. It's SoL setting allows you to see sides of the city and it's characters that the main story can't show. It's a treat for fans. This is true fanservice in the non-sexual meaning.
    Saint Magic is Omnipotent done. Not the kind of show I normally watch. Still, was a nice isekai story. Sei's a nice MC, and the plot is chill and fun except for a few dramatic parts. The show also looks good, so I had a good time in the end
    Super Cub done. A surprising show. I like what they do with the colors at the start to reflect Koguma's emotional state (muted at first as she sees the world as boring and lacking excitement, but as she discovers things she likes and friends, the show becomes more colored, to reflect Koguma fidning excitement in life). Koguma, Reiko and Shii are also good characters to follow.. Honestly, had a good time with this show
    Last edited by bassgs435; June 23rd, 2021 at 04:41 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Great episode of OsaMake, at long last Sueharu finds someone he can actually get the better of.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Zombieland Saga Revenge done. A great show. If you liked S1, you'll like S2. It's full of great moments and the ending is amazing. Also, the road is open for S3
    Spoiler:
    (why is Kotaro bleeding?. And preventing the alien invasion).
    So, I say bring it. I'll never get tired of these girls.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

Fucking same, 10/10. I can never look down on idolstuff again.
    canon finish apo vol 3

TWEWY anime done. While week 1 was rushed, the rest were handled great and as someone who loved the game when I was younger, it's been a great nostalgia ride to revisit this story in anime form. Love it.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Mars Red Episode 12:
    Spoiler:
    This episode had the perfect title, The King of Fools, with Rufus being the character the episode focuses on. I mentioned last week how the stigmata hasn't shown up in a while, but there's a moment when Ayame holds her arms out and you can see it on her one hand, which implies she was turned from there instead of seeing it on her tongue. Yeah, she was a spy for Rufus the whole time, he's the one who turned her, not the Ascra.
    Spoiler:

The only reason I can assume that Rufus didn't kill Nakajima was because he wanted the man to do himself as one last humiliation. Like Rufus wants to be king of the Vampires, king of the world with the vampires units paving the way for it. The look on his face when he saw Defrott acting was priceless.

I'm happy to see that Kurusu and Shirase both made it to Tenmanya's before it was late. But that conversation between the two of them in the snow was so sad. Since she's a human and he's vampire, they can't be together. I just hope they'll be able to say goodbye to each other.

Defrott being the one to make Rufus fall down in the water was satisfying, but the question is how the heck did that happen?

At this point, Maeda is a loose end and a lot has been resolved without him. I really liked him, so seeing what he's become, turning his sword on his former subordinate, it's tough.

86 Episode 11:
    Spoiler:

They lost 4 of the 5 Juggernauts leaving only Shin's and they don't have a lot of ammo and supplies left. I liked how Theo mentioned how Shin's set up for his is crazy. That and his piloting skills are how he's able to move around the battlefield so well.
    I honestly forget if Shin had any intention of really doing the whole entire taking turns thing, but he probably didn't. Their decision to go after him, despite him going out of his own way to trick them for their sake shows how much they care about him, now that's camaraderie/ Like those guns they have won't do anything to the Legion out there, but they're still wiling to fight alongside him.

Lev's story is so sad, and the part with Shourei being Shin's knight one last time to lead him away was too.

I didn't expect the episode to turn out like this, so I'm excited to see what happens next.

My Hero Academia Episode 98:
    Spoiler:
    It's been a while, but the focus of this episode is...

You'd think that with a Quirk like Monoma has, they would have been thought of as hero material, but I guess the need to be able to have to touch the person and only be able to use it for 5 minutes was the problem. He has such a well balanced team between him, Kodai, Yanagi, Shoda, and a extra person in Shinso though. I wonder about that Twin Impact one though, it was kind of vague on how it worked.

Anyway, the others actually said that Midoriya's team isn't that bad, but since they don't have someone like Jiro on their, Midoriya has to work extra hard to compensate unlike Bakugo who had her scouting to count on.
    Spoiler:

That talk that All Might had with Gran Torino was ominous enough, with the vestiges telling All Might's predecesor, "The time has not yet come." But this is...

That Quirk just suddenly manifesting made me go "What the hell was happening?!", because I didn't expect it at all.

I think I also now know what the poster said with, "blank" is awakening", the word was powers lol.

So all this time, One for All wasn't just getting powerful by itself with each person it was passed to, their Quirks enchanced by it were passed along too, growing stronger until the 9th user, Midoriya brought one out.

So that's what Nine meant in the second movie when he said that he didn't have enough space for One for All. I thought the vestiges were just protecting the Quirk, but he really didn't have space for it and the other hidden inside it, god.

And I understand why the first user of One for All called it the singularity point just like the theory... And bunch of Quirks are inside of it, and it is a miracle.

But it's such bad timing for that Quirk to awaken in front of all of those people in this match. I wonder how he's going to explain it. Even after all that though, they're still going on with the match.

The range of that Quirk, Blackwhip, is just incredible and I can't wait to see what it can do when it's under control.

I thought the original user of it was a pretty cool guy and I wonder if Midoriya will try to figure out the identities of the other wielders now.

If the last episode amazed me, this one surprised me for sure.

I just made it like this for space, I didn't think I'd write so much.
    Last edited by Laserman; June 25th, 2021 at 06:12 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Iruma-kun​: Oh man, the Girl's Talk. Too wholesome for words.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.